NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ashes

+2
Beekeeper
Irn Bru
6 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

The Ashes Empty The Ashes

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Australia 2-0 up and going strong in the third test. Not looking good for England retaining them.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

The Ashes Empty Re: The Ashes

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Australia 2-0 up and going strong in the third test. Not looking good for England retaining them.

Is The Ashes on again???!!! The Ashes Smiley97Is it ever off???!! The Ashes Giggle84

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Beekeeper wrote:pirat 

C'mon Aussies, c'mon, c'mon !!!

AND a lovely warm week at the WACA laid on especially for the visitors..

cheers  cheers  cheers 

bounce  bounce

It's a while since we visited quaint Australia.Are the Australians still killing those tiresome aborigines?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Beekeeper wrote:Shocked 

I believe if you actually bother to take a look at the historical records, you will find that it was mostly the English and the occasional Scots that did most of the killing !!!

Smile THESE days we much prefer to slaughter the British citizenry on the sporting field..

BE IT in cricket, rugby, league, 'cycling, golf, equestrian sports or sailing.

Razz 

So sorry I was only making an enquiry but surely it's the incumbant Australian government that has forced the aborigines to live in squalor in those simply awful shanty towns outside of Sydney and elsewhere?
Or is one insinuating that the Australian government consists of English and Scotish members of parliament.I know you might say "I wish the Australian government did consist of English and Scotish MoPs" because those oafish ozzies are simply pathetic and don't have a clue how to run a 100 yard sprint let alone a country,albeit a backward one.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Australia 2-0 up and going strong in the third test. Not looking good for England retaining them.

Nope it certainly isnt! I was excited when we had them at 120 for 4 i think but that feeling didnt last long when they reached 300!!!!

I think we have blown it this time! Even sexy broad and Cook wont be able to save it Razz 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:59 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Nope it certainly isnt! I was excited when we had them at 120 for 4 i think but that feeling didnt last long when they reached 300!!!!

I think we have blown it this time! Even sexy broad and Cook wont be able to save it Razz 

Surely you don't think for a minute that Neanderthal ozzos will beat the English?

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:03 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Surely you don't think for a minute that Neanderthal ozzos will beat the English?

Of course i do. They have beaten us before lol!!!

We won it after 18 years in 2005 for the very first time.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:01 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Really you silly thing,those ozzos would probably win the game if they spent less time killing aborigines.Don't you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:25 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:

You're dead right SM. By this time tomorrow there is a pretty good chance that Australia will already have won the Ashes and there is even a chance that by the end of the series it may be a whitewash.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:33 am

£BILLION£ wrote:

So sorry I was only making an enquiry but surely it's the incumbant Australian government that has forced the aborigines to live in squalor in those simply awful shanty towns outside of Sydney and elsewhere?
Or is one insinuating that the Australian government consists of English and Scotish members of parliament.I know you might say "I wish the Australian government did consist of English and Scotish MoPs" because those oafish ozzies are simply pathetic and don't have a clue how to run a 100 yard sprint let alone a country,albeit a backward one.

?? what r u talking about ??
no one is forced to live anywhere. aboriginals are given free housing in the area that their tribe used to inhabit.

And LOLZ at the Gov't thing
Who hasn't has a recession for 20 years?? not the fucking UK that's who  tongue  tongue  tongue 

Actually feel sorry for you, catman might have to let you crash at his place  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  when your businesses go under which in inevitable now that we are in the Asian century, If your lucky a nice man from Hong Kong might by your quaint little back water operation. but considering the potential growth over the next 100 years, it would be a terrible investment.[/quote]
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

no one is forced to live anywhere. aboriginals are given free housing in the area that their tribe used to inhabit.

Who hasn't has a recession for 20 years?? not the fucking UK that's who  tongue  tongue  tongue 

Actually feel sorry for you, catman might have to let you crash at his place  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  when your businesses go under which in inevitable now that we are in the Asian century, If your lucky a nice man from Hong Kong might by your quaint little back water operation. but considering the potential growth over the next 100 years, it would be a terrible investment.
[/quote]

What a simply charming reply which leads me to wonder if you were educated in one of those wonderful aborigine hovels in the outback? Yes.
Additionally one wonders what sort of response you might receive if you were to ask one of the unfortunate aborigines how they felt about their free housing in those salubrious of areas which I doubt compare to where I reside in Hampstead Heath.Yes.
Recession.What recession? As my multi national concerns made profits during and beyond the recent financial down turn and growth forecasts for the next 3 financial years show huge potential for economic and sustained growth.
If necessary I can provide you with edited short,mid and long term business action plans to substantiate our predictions.Yes.
Just loved your jibe about Catty and the man from Hong Kong darling.Which man are you referring to as I know and deal with so many and in fact we will be entertaining an Asian delegation from the Indian sub continent which includes delegates from Hong Kong and Singapore.Where incidently my husband and I own several properties.
Respond please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:24 pm

Oh dear and such a commoner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:49 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

Actually feel sorry for you, catman might have to let you crash at his place  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  when your businesses go under which in inevitable now that we are in the Asian century, If your lucky a nice man from Hong Kong might by your quaint little back water operation. but considering the potential growth over the next 100 years, it would be a terrible investment.

What a simply charming reply which leads me to wonder if you were educated in one of those wonderful aborigine hovels in the outback? Yes.
Additionally one wonders what sort of response you might receive if you were to ask one of the unfortunate aborigines how they felt about their free housing in those salubrious of areas which I doubt compare to where I reside in Hampstead Heath.Yes.
              Recession.What recession? As my multi national concerns made profits during and beyond the recent financial down turn and growth forecasts for the next 3 financial years show huge potential for economic and sustained growth.
              If necessary I can provide you with edited short,mid and long term business action plans to substantiate our predictions.Yes.
Just loved your jibe about Catty and the man from Hong Kong darling.Which man are you referring to as I know and deal with so many and in fact we will be entertaining an Asian delegation from the Indian sub continent which includes delegates from Hong Kong and Singapore.Where incidently my husband and I own several properties.
Respond please.[/quote]

I'm always interested in how other companies have rode out the recession and what their forecasts are for the future so would you mind sending that to me? Never mind the short edited version, just give me the whole thing.

Many thanks
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:46 pm

@billion
where is Hampstead Heath? Sorry I am not familiar with the little island of the coast of Europe, it is quite quaint that you natives divide such a small space in to Mulitpule areas.
And I serverly doubt it could be as nice as even the worst dump in Australia, for starters it is in England  pale  pale  pale  pale you are known around the world as a miserable depressing land with out sun, while we are in 'the land of blue skies' as the Chinese call us.

And LOL
I give you some advice to stop you insulting the people from India. Dont call them Asian, they dont like it they are Indians.

And I do speak with Aboriginals everyday I work in Redfern (inner Sydney) where a lot of Aboriginals live. and their Fibro homes are worth about a Million, cause any one with a brain wants to live in Australia.

And you don't even need to give me the projections, I assume if you are 'multinational' you are a listed Company then? what name do you trade under and on what stock exchange? I am more than capable of assessing the finacial viaibility of an organisation. Don't you love how the interent has made it so much simpiler to reseach interantional companies, it really does allow you to get the maximum returns on your investments. I'm am sure you use it a lot your self for such purposes or does you hubby look after that for you?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantankerous Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:57 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
Beekeeper wrote:Shocked 

I believe if you actually bother to take a look at the historical records, you will find that it was mostly the English and the occasional Scots that did most of the killing !!!

Smile THESE days we much prefer to slaughter the British citizenry on the sporting field..

BE IT in cricket, rugby, league, 'cycling, golf, equestrian sports or sailing.

Razz 

WHAT "shanty towns" are those, then...
Obviously you have never been here ~ but no doubt get most of your info' from the Guardian and similar sources..

There are NO Aboriginal shanty towns "outside of Sydney", nor elsewhere, where ANY Oz government "forces" Aborigines to "live in squalor.."

Or is one insinuating that the Australian government consists of English and Scotish members of parliament.I know you might say "I wish the Australian government did consist of English and Scotish MoPs" because those oafish ozzies are simply pathetic and don't have a clue how to run a 100 yard sprint let alone a country, albeit a backward one.

A "backward country", is it ?
First off, i will ignore the fact that Oz leads the old Blighty in many areas of technology, science and medicine research..
ALSO the salient fact that our economy is in a much healthier state !  Razz 

FOR your further edification, the historical (and often grossly exaggerated) "slaughter" of Aborigines largely took place while Oz was still an English colony, during the 18th and early 19th centuries, where the great majority of those murders were carried out at the orders of English and Scottish grazing companies, as they spread west from Sydney and Brisbane and north from Melbourne..

AND, there was NO Australian Federal government before January 1st, 1901.

AS I am part Aboriginal myself, I would kindly advise you from this point on to tread very carefully, as I will happily wipe the floor with you as I expose any further lies on your part for what they are !    Twisted Evil
that's funny as I watched a simon reeve documentary series on australia and he made a big thing about how bad life was for the average aborigine. I am sure the situation is not black and white (am I allowed to say that) but the perception 12000 miles away is that the aborigine does not fare well in modern australia.
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantankerous Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:01 pm

oh this is about cricket.
the only sport that can go on for 5 days and still no one wins.
do they still get kept in england even if australia win them????
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:06 am

Cantank  -see my ciomments in
Re: Racist jokes

by veya_victaous on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Sorry for the reaction but I work in public education and know the huge effort that goes into trying to improve aboriginals standard of living.

To explain one reason why that movie is highly inaccurate is that it presents the idea that there was actually 1 group of people called aboriginal and that the was a consistent society across the country, that is not the case there were about 200 aboriginal nations, which were really just larger tribal groups that's were broken down into smaller tribes. They all varied quite dramatically in the culture some were paternal some were maternal, some practiced marriage some didn't plus hundreds of other variations.

Here is a map of approximately the way 'they' divided the land, and if you knew the variation in terrain you'd see in desert/arid areas, tribes have these large areas as they are forced to be highly nomadic for water. around the coastal rivers (where 99.9% of non-aboriginals now live) the areas are much smaller due to easier access to water (which also brings more plants and wildlife for food)

The Ashes Indigi_map@

unfortunately dealing with aboriginals is a Federal gov't issue, so the gov't tries to make 'across the nation' policies (often in a knee jerk reaction to a localised problem) that really just aren't right for many of the aboriginal communities. fortunately (in this rare case) education, health and crime are state gov't issues (except in NT where Uluru is, it is a territory not a state {too few people} and doesn't have a full gov't, so is controlled federally) so each state at least can have localised solutions for education, health and crime which do constitute are fair portion of someone's standard of living.... But we have 6 States so the solution is still a broad brush solution.

As you can see the problem is far more complex than just building some houses in the desert..
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:33 am

and simon reeve..
Who is he?

Not that racist that made the other doco? dumb fucker doesn't know shit. cause like i expalined what is good for a Minority of Aboriginals in the desert does not suit the majority that live in Cities and towns like the rest of us. So we should make the Aboriginals that are improving and get on in the modern world suffer because of some desert nomads, that are compeletely incompatable with the modern world?
That guy is literally everything that is wrong with Whites interaction with aboriginals since colonisation. He literally is the Dumb English Fucker that Caused all these social issues with the Aborigianls in the first place, yeah great Idea Englishman we'll do what you tried 150 years ago and We have spent the last 20 years compensating Aboriginals for. The guy that made that doco is Actually a big part of the problem.

No they dont fair well, but that is not systematic, it is a consequence of their culture. It is pretty hard to go from having no concept of ownership beyond what you are currently holding. To the modern world (whch all the other races follow) where we are all born with an innate desire to collect more stuff, we have evolved over countless generations to collect more stuff. they didn't, if an Aboriginal needed something just used it, if it is one the ground it belongs to everyone. it is not as simple as teaching them a skill, it is an entire mindset change, trying to undo countless generations where sharing and the ideals of sharing have been re-enforced, so the can survive in our modern selfish world.
we have to teach them how to be selfish or at least we have to teach them greed and why they need it. Like many Aussies I think the Guys in the dessert are best left in the dessert, at least they are actually happy and can keep their traditions and culture. because 'need to learn greed' is fucked up  No No No No No No one questions if we should even be teaching them that or just leave them alone, which way will they be better off?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:41 am

And I thought that I was a condescending bitch but you Veya take the biscuit with your vitriolic description of the Aborigines and their life style.
Little wonder that the Aborigines hate your kind as you obviously consider yourself above another set of human beings and may I remind of one thing.Dealing with the Aborigines is not a game of cricket at which you like to constantly cheat,the indigenous inhabitants of Australia are human beings.You my dear Veya need to evolve into the 21st century.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:27 am

£BILLION£ wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Really you silly thing,those ozzos would probably win the game if they spent less time killing aborigines.Don't you think?

Do you mean Aussie's by any chance.
I thought it was the British that nearly wiped out the aborigines in places like Tasmania, whilst at the same time sending many people who were starving and convicting them of petty crimes to ship them off there.
Might want to check your historical knowledge, seems wonky to say the least

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:19 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

I thought it was the British that nearly wiped out the aborigines in places like Tasmania, whilst at the same time sending many people who were starving and convicting them of petty crimes to ship them off there.

If you'd like to Google the words aborigine poverty you will find numerous links pertaining to the horrendous plight of the Aborigines in modern day Australia.
And darling you are perfectly correct in what you say about the British nearly wiping out the Aborigines but what has that got to with todays
inequalities in the supposedly utopian society of Australia as you butted in without thinking.Yes.Respond please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:25 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

If you'd like to Google the words aborigine poverty you will find numerous links pertaining to the horrendous plight of the Aborigines in modern day Australia.
And darling you are perfectly correct in what you say about the British nearly wiping out the Aborigines but what has that got to with todays
inequalities in the supposedly utopian society of Australia as you butted in without thinking.Yes.Respond please.

I certainly know plenty of history and am asking you if you know about how the British treated them?
It has plenty of relevance my darling as it shows where a poor prejudice beliefs can carry on. Though to argue a complicity onto all Australians is not only poor but also wrong when many Australians have fought for the rights of Aborigines. I guess this escaped your attention Shady.
So I am happy to further your education on this matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

Respond please.

I'm always interested in how other companies have rode out the recession and what their forecasts are for the future so would you mind sending that to me? Never mind the short edited version, just give me the whole thing.

Many thanks[/quote]

Hey Steph luv.

Have you managed to dig out that report yet so that you can send it to me?

Many thanks

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Oh dear.Another moron.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

Respond please.

Many thanks

Hey Steph luv.

Many thanks

[/quote]

When I'm ready darling.Run along now and eat a haggis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

Hey Steph luv.

Many thanks

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:36 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:

When I'm ready darling.Run along now and eat a haggis.

Very woeful stereotype there, is that the limitations of your debate, childish insults?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:37 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

Respond please.

Many thanks

Hey Steph luv.

Many thanks

When I'm ready darling.Run along now and eat a haggis.[/quote]

As soon as you can then.

Thanks
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:38 pm

Cantankerous wrote:oh this is about cricket.
the only sport that can go on for 5 days and still no one wins.
do they still get kept in england even if australia win them????

What are you on about? Cricket is splendid game.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:And I thought that I was a condescending bitch but you Veya take the biscuit with your vitriolic description of the Aborigines and their life style.
Little wonder that the Aborigines hate your kind as you obviously consider yourself above another set of human beings and may I remind of one thing.Dealing with the Aborigines is not a game of cricket at which you like to constantly cheat,the indigenous inhabitants of Australia are human beings.You my dear Veya need to evolve into the 21st century.

YOU talk shite on a subject you obviously know less-than-zero about, "Half penny"...

YOU'RE the stupid condescending know-nothing bitch on this page..

YOU blithering racist idiot !

Evil or Very Mad 

Bee its a TROLL and thats what they do. Ignore it  I love you 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:39 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:And I thought that I was a condescending bitch but you Veya take the biscuit with your vitriolic description of the Aborigines and their life style.

@billion
NO you have obviosuly never delt with the issues we are dicussing.

and No I am a realist that sees there is no easy answer, it will take decades of hard work to get 'all' aboriginals up to speed. the ones is cities are coming a long and we have a number of successfully aboriginals, but it doesn't change the fact that some aboriginals were still walking around the desert in blissful ignorace of white man up until the 1970's and 40 years is not long enough to go from stone age hunter gatherer to Information age Internet troll.
But you seem to have done a reaosnable job at it  tongue 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:17 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Beekeeper wrote:

YOU talk shite on a subject you obviously know less-than-zero about, "Half penny"...

Evil or Very Mad 

Bee its a TROLL and thats what they do.Ignore it.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:49 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Razz Razz 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:58 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Got that report yet?

I'm not used to being kept waiting so chop chop - get a move on.

Thanks
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:10 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

@billion
did you forget to change your account my dear ?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:49 pm

4 nil and the sh!t has really hit the fan in the England camp. On to Sydney now and a possible 5 nil thrashing awaits them.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:09 am

veya_victaous wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

@billion
did you forget to change your account my dear ?

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:14 am

Billion=troll=Shady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:26 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Beekeeper wrote:

Evil or Very Mad 

Yes Bee, SM is right...  Its no nutz and softy.  Consider the source.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:21 am

Original Quill wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Yes Bee, SM is right...  Its no nutz and softy.  Consider the source.

"no nutz"

lol! 
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down