NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben, Veya, Caution and Lurker

5 posters

Go down

Ben, Veya, Caution and Lurker Empty Ben, Veya, Caution and Lurker

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi and thanks for a great.

Now as you gathered some of the new people we all know each other, yet we know little about you guys, so thought it would be nice place for all posters here to say a little about themselves and what their interests are. It would be great if we know what you guys are interested in two, so we can all get to know each other.

I am Didge as you well know have grown up in England and yet traveled far as well in my youth and I love history, theology, anthropology, psychology in the main plus also other topics, I am atheist, though was raised a Catholic and come from a very large family.

I don;t want you to feel that we have taken over the place but want you to know I am thankful for your place as many of us have come here to have some genuine honest debate, of which I love. So I would love to know a bit about you guys so we all get to know each other better and hope others on here will say a bit about themselves so everyone feels more at home in your house that you have opened up to us. There are other posters I do not know here but chose you guys as you are the Admin team to start this off.

Thanks again

Back to top Go down

Ben, Veya, Caution and Lurker Empty Re: Ben, Veya, Caution and Lurker

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Cool deal, and thanks for sharing that, Phil. I'm from Texas -- I've been living here most of my life. I'm a sports journalist with a keen interest in politics, and despite the stereotype, I actually find myself moving farther to the left as I get older Smile

I was raised Catholic and I'm of Irish ancestry, though like with most Americans, I have a lot of ancestors from all over Europe. I'm an atheist as well. I'd love to travel but haven't gotten to do nearly as much as I'd like.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Cool deal, and thanks for sharing that, Phil. I'm from Texas -- I've been living here most of my life. I'm a sports journalist with a keen interest in politics, and despite the stereotype, I actually find myself moving farther to the left as I get older Smile

I was raised Catholic and I'm of Irish ancestry, though like with most Americans, I have a lot of ancestors from all over Europe. I'm an atheist as well. I'd love to travel but haven't gotten to do nearly as much as I'd like.

Thanks Ben and very interesting, so you must love your sports then, excellent, a big fan myself, Support the the Football, or should I say soccer team Arsenal, though love most sports. My mother is Irish and has moved backed there after she retired, love it out there, is so beautiful. I think I am in the middle with politics, I have some RW and LW views, but very much believe in equality. So what are your favorite sports? Nothing better I guess to have a job you know doubt love with a passion.

Thanks for sharing and hope others can share a little bit about themselves too.

Have to go, but will look into tomorrow, hope you have a wonderful evening!  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantankerous Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:39 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Cool deal, and thanks for sharing that, Phil. I'm from Texas -- I've been living here most of my life. I'm a sports journalist with a keen interest in politics, and despite the stereotype, I actually find myself moving farther to the left as I get older Smile

then you must fit right in in texas lol
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm retired from the telecommunications industry. I live in Tennessee, a state that has been voted the most violent state in the US. (not proud of that) I have no religious affiliation. I'm straight. I have mostly hobbies these days to keep me amused. I'm a member of a local American Legion Post and sing karaoke there on the weekends. I like country music and some older rock and blues. I'm opinionated and tend to be left-leaning on most issues. My ancestors came from England, Ireland and Scotland. My dad's last name was Sanders and my mother's maiden name was McHone, so I have family lineage from our new members' part of the world. I have lived here in this area all my life except for 4 years total in Texas, Mississippi and South Georgia with the US Air Force. My telephone employment was a traveling job that took me to a lot of towns and cities in the US. I enjoyed being on the road but I am content now at staying at home.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:23 am

I Live in Sydney Australia, I work in Education technology.
Straight
Agnostic (non-monotheist).
Mum is Aussie (family mainly came as convicts but some 'new blood' from all over UK) Dad is French and came over when he was 14 with his parents.
I grew up and live in Blacktown which is a very multicultural part of Sydney. Traditionally lower class, my family is very typical of the area, significantly increasing our affluence over my life time (we are now a middle class area).

I am mainly left wing, extreme left wing on subject like education and environment. and middle on some of the rest.

I am a bit of a History buff
Indie Gamer, on Steam as Veya_victaous too, if anyone wants to play  Smile 

And love animals (got dogs, birds, fish, yabbies{crayfish} and Lizards)
I am a Licensed reptile breeder.

I have 2 younger brothers.
One is Currently in Amsterdam (he was staying in England on a 2 year visa, but you got no jobs so he is doing a quick tour of Europe while there and coming home) he is a Dance teacher.
The other is a cabinet maker and more or less engaged (like 7 years now) to a Fijian-Indian Muslim girl.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:38 am

Thanks Veya and Lurker for sharing and very interesting.
Nice to have posters from varied nations, adds so much more to any debate.

cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Fujian indian Muslim girl- wow what a combo
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks for the contributions -- sorry not to have answered Phil for a few days, but my favorite sports are soccer/football, baseball, hockey and basketball. I have at least an appreciation for almost all sports, though I have to admit I find tennis and track & field rather boring.

Oddly enough, I didn't get into being a sports editor so much because of my love of sports but because the job was offered to me with a 20 percent raise Smile I was previously a news editor, reporter and entertainment critic. I'm now also a photographer and I dabble in videography as well.

@Cantankerous: I actually do fit in where I live in Texas; the thing about Texas is that it's bigger than a lot of countries, has a bigger population than a lot of countries and is more demographically and geographically diverse than a lot of countries. I once saw a TED talk by a writer from Africa who explained that you do a place a big disservice when you decide that it only has one "story." In her case, it was the "story" of Africa that caused her American college roommate to be shocked to learn that the speaker had grown up listening to Mariah Carey and not recordings of tribal drumming, etc.

Texas has a lot of stories that don't fit into people's imagination -- like the place I used to get my hair cut, owned and operated by a Vietnamese woman who told me about how she and her friends took their Catholic kids to the Buddhist temple on the weekends for Vietnamese language lessons because they were all forgetting it. Or the thriving vegan restaurant started by a high school buddy of mine in the heart of Fort Worth that practices sustainable capitalism. It's not a red-state army marching in lockstep down here by any means; there are 14 states that are more heavily Republican than Texas is.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:24 am

veya_victaous wrote:on Steam as Veya_victaous too, if anyone wants to play  Smile 

Fan of Warhammer 40K are we?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:51 am

I like it, got most of the Dawn of War games.
never really played the table top on properly (too expensive)

at the moment I've been playing War of the Roses (and War of the Vikings Beta) fan of the total war series as well.

I have to ask y do u think i like 40K?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:54 am

Because you've played 88 hours of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:06 am

lolz
I'm over 500hrs on War of Roses

yes I game a bit much... but I dont watch TV tongue tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:09 am

veya_victaous wrote: lolz

yes I game a bit much... but I dont watch TV  tongue  tongue

Don't watch much television myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantankerous Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:58 pm

veya_victaous wrote: lolz

yes I game a bit much... but I dont watch TV  tongue  tongue
is that something you should say out load in public :D
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:08 am

it sounds a lot but it is over 12 months.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down