NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the swarm or now its the L/W's turn in the barrel

3 posters

Go down

the swarm or now its the L/W's turn in the barrel Empty the swarm or now its the L/W's turn in the barrel

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:11 pm

David Cameron has been criticised for describing migrants as a "swarm" trying to get into Britain.

The Prime Minister used the term as the crisis at Calais continued, with large numbers of migrants trying to reach the UK through the Channel Tunnel.

Thousands have attempted to make the perilous crossing, which this week led to a man being killed.
Operation Stack

The growing problem has caused travel chaos in Kent

It brings the number of people to have died so far this month to nine, according to Eurotunnel.

The mounting problem has caused travel chaos on either side of the Channel and led to calls for the Army to be sent in to tackle the emergency.
Video: PM Describes Migrants As A 'Swarm'

Speaking on his tour of South East Asia, Mr Cameron said: "Look this is very testing.

"I accept that because you've got a swarm of people coming across the Mediterranean seeking a better life, wanting to come to Britain because Britain has got jobs and got a growing economy.

"It's an incredible place to live but we need to protect our borders by working hand in glove with our neighbours the French and that's exactly what we're doing."

But his comments sparked immediate condemnation.

Acting Labour leader Harriet Harman said: "He should remember he is talking about people not insects and I don't think it's going to distract attention for him to just be trying to whip up hostility to those migrants in Calais when he should be sorting the situation out.

"He has been being warned for months, we've been warning him for months."

And in a Twitter post, Labour leadership candidate Andy Burnham said: "Cameron calling Calais migrants a 'swarm' is nothing short of disgraceful."

The Refugee Council described Mr Cameron's remark as "awful, dehumanising language from a world leader".

more leftie hand wringing and sickening abasement

made more ludicrous by this

swarm 1 (swôrm)
n.
1. A large number of insects or other small organisms, especially when in motion.
2. A group of bees, social wasps, or ants, when migrating with a queen to establish a new colony.
3. An aggregation of persons or animals, especially when in turmoil or moving in mass: A swarm of friends congratulated him.
4. A number of similar geologic phenomena or features occurring closely within a given period or place: a swarm of earthquakes.

thus the tem swarm can correctly be used to describe a mass of humanity

Instead of bleating about the words used perhaps labour aught to offer their suggestions as to how to deal with it

....Oh wait ...we know what they would do...roll over and get their collective belly patted by the CCCEU and let em all in with no further checks needed, whilst handing them a nice fat benefit cheque at the expense of our own needy... (remember which way labour just voted over the further cuts???..hmmmmm) all the while kissing frog arse....

Back to top Go down

the swarm or now its the L/W's turn in the barrel Empty Re: the swarm or now its the L/W's turn in the barrel

Post by eddie Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:34 pm

Vic can you post the link please.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

the swarm or now its the L/W's turn in the barrel Empty Re: the swarm or now its the L/W's turn in the barrel

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:37 pm

eddie wrote:Vic can you post the link please.

Sorry.....

http://news.sky.com/story/1527828/pm-criticised-over-migrant-swarm-comment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:14 pm

i am kind of confused why this is a British problem

did these people just materialise at Calais ? or did they cross a French border to the south in the first place
also they are in France its up to the bloody French to deal with them not us they should be rounding them up and shipping them back across the French border why they came from in the first place surely

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:16 pm

It's just a word which he used to describe a large number of people - fake outrage IMO.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:16 pm

korban dallas wrote:i am kind of confused why this is a British problem

did these people just materialise at Calais ? or did they cross a French border to the south  in the first place
also they are in France its up to the bloody French to deal with them not us they should be rounding them up and shipping them back across the French border why they came from in the first place surely

They're trying to reach the UK, so I guess the French would say that it is our problem too.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's just a word which he used to describe a large number of people - fake outrage IMO.
i dislike cameron a great deal but i agree the descriptive is correct

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:i am kind of confused why this is a British problem

did these people just materialise at Calais ? or did they cross a French border to the south  in the first place

They're trying to reach the UK, so I guess the French would say that it is our problem too.
They're trying to reach the UK illegaly and crossing multiple borders to do it so as long as there destination isn`t them they don`t give a toss ...so much for border control

hire a liner board them all ship them back to country of origin cost a lot less than the millions spent all ready

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:24 pm

Wholly innapropriate language to describe people fleeing from the disasters created by much of the West's own doing.....IMO

Anyway, I read on here evidence presented that there's stacks more room.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

in which case IRN...you can have em all....

then we will rebuild the wall...further south where it should have been originally....cos you can have the geordies too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Wholly innapropriate language to describe people fleeing from the disasters created by much of the West's own doing.....IMO

Anyway, I read on here evidence presented that there's stacks more room.

If people saw the atrocities that some of those have endured who are now so desperate in Calais, it might help them understand how lucky they are and how selfish they are to turn their back, even if they do think they would be 'overcrowded', which they wouldn't, we take far less per square miles than German, Norway etc etc.

Everyone who is moaning should be forced to look at the pictures on here:

http://www.genocideinsyria.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:35 pm

If these people are genuine asylum seekers, why do they not claim asylum in France rather than try to get to the UK?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Most do, especially to Germany. Many of those trying to get here have family here. Wouldn't you want to get to your family after having been bombed etc.

Many come from Libya, where we and America are the main cause of the reason they are fleeing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:38 pm

these people are foreigners are they not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:39 pm

And? They are human beings who have gone through hell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:40 pm

victorismyhero wrote:in which case IRN...you can have em all....

then we will rebuild the wall...further south where it should have been originally....cos you can have the geordies too

That's fine. Just double the Barnett Formula because our life of Riley up here is seriously under threat under the current arrangements Smile
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:40 pm

sassy wrote:Most do, especially to Germany.  Many of those trying to get here have family here.  Wouldn't you want to get to your family after having been bombed etc.

Many come from Libya, where we and America are the main cause of the reason they are fleeing.

I'd probably prefer it, but if I was traumatised and afraid, I'd claim asylum in the nearest safe place. I don't think any of it excuses the behaviour of some of them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:42 pm

sassy wrote:Most do, especially to Germany.  Many of those trying to get here have family here.  Wouldn't you want to get to your family after having been bombed etc.

Yep, bombing them into democracy was a rip-roaring success right enough.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I'd probably prefer it, but if I was traumatised and afraid, I'd claim asylum in the nearest safe place. I don't think any of it excuses the behaviour of some of them.

Nothing?

the swarm or now its the L/W's turn in the barrel B3b339_e5725ab928cc43178090e09e5078db6d.jpg_srb_p_625_424_75_22_0.50_1.20_0

Desperation makes you do ANYTHING.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:55 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nothing?

the swarm or now its the L/W's turn in the barrel B3b339_e5725ab928cc43178090e09e5078db6d.jpg_srb_p_625_424_75_22_0.50_1.20_0

Desperation makes you do ANYTHING.

Violence and threats towards lorry drivers are not excusable. If they really are that desperate, they should claim asylum in France or wherever, and then try to sort out a more lasting arrangement later.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down