NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Creatures Great and Small

Go down

All Creatures Great and Small Empty All Creatures Great and Small

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:36 am

US broadcaster behind Game of Thrones and True Detective said to have picked up the BBC drama about a vet in the Yorkshire Dales

HBO, the American broadcaster behind Game of Thrones, is considering a remake of All Creatures Great and Small, the BBC drama which began in the 1970s about a vet in the Yorkshire Dales.
The original BBC1 version made a star of Christopher Timothy, who played vet James Herriot in a cast that also included Robert Hardy as his boss and future Doctor Who Peter Davison as his brother.
HBO, maker of shows such as True Detective, Boardwalk Empire and Veep, is said to have picked up the show following the boom in popularity of UK dramas in the US including Downton Abbey and Sherlock.
The original, which ran from 1978 to 1980 and later from 1988 to 1990, had about 13 million viewers at its peak.

well i have rad all the books but ddon`t remember rape,murder ,dragons,incest ect in the  Yorkshire Dales  or any of james herriots books Smile

but i did love  All Creatures Great and Small

Back to top Go down

All Creatures Great and Small Empty Re: All Creatures Great and Small

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:23 am

korban dallas wrote:US broadcaster behind Game of Thrones and True Detective said to have picked up the BBC drama about a vet in the Yorkshire Dales

HBO, the American broadcaster behind Game of Thrones, is considering a remake of All Creatures Great and Small, the BBC drama which began in the 1970s about a vet in the Yorkshire Dales.
The original BBC1 version made a star of Christopher Timothy, who played vet James Herriot in a cast that also included Robert Hardy as his boss and future Doctor Who Peter Davison as his brother.
HBO, maker of shows such as True Detective, Boardwalk Empire and Veep, is said to have picked up the show following the boom in popularity of UK dramas in the US including Downton Abbey and Sherlock.
The original, which ran from 1978 to 1980 and later from 1988 to 1990, had about 13 million viewers at its peak.

well i have rad all the books but ddon`t remember rape,murder ,dragons,incest ect in the  Yorkshire Dales  or any of james herriots books

but i did love  All Creatures Great and Small

I loved it too. Why do they remake these programmes, have they no original ideas?
The Americans take our brilliant shows remake them and take out everything that made it great. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:28 am

If the Yanks make this show with their idea of Vets in the 30s and 40s in England it'll be a disaster, or a laugh.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:31 am

nicko wrote:If the Yanks make this show with their idea of Vets  in the 30s and 40s in England it'll be a disaster,  or a laugh.  
remember what he put his arm in a cow that was real apparently lol i personaly never done a cow but helped a few goats in the past Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:42 am

Out on a farm one day rabbiting, found the Farmer trying to help a cow having trouble giving birth. The front legs of the calf were partly out but the cow could push it no further. He tied a rope to the calf's legs and we both pulled till the calf came out with a gush of blood and water, During other visits to farm I watched the calf grow up, and always thought of her as my step-cow Daughter. Daft innit?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:26 pm

korban dallas wrote:
nicko wrote:If the Yanks make this show with their idea of Vets  in the 30s and 40s in England it'll be a disaster,  or a laugh.  
remember what he put his arm in a cow that was real apparently lol i personaly never done a cow but helped a few goats in the past Shocked

You wouldn't get an American actor doing that!
My favourite one was where James was phished and had to go to a farm where they were temperance and deliver a calf. The soap kept flying everywhere!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down