NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two former Guantanamo detainees arrested in Belgium

4 posters

Go down

Two former Guantanamo detainees arrested in Belgium Empty Two former Guantanamo detainees arrested in Belgium

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:02 pm

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/24/politics/former-guantanamo-detainees-arrested-belgium/index.html

I wonder how many more committed terrorists have been released by obama over the last 6 year.
there were those 5 he swapped for an army deserted for a start.

of course the useful idiots around the world lap up the terrorists sob stories
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Two former Guantanamo detainees arrested in Belgium Empty Re: Two former Guantanamo detainees arrested in Belgium

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:25 am

Of course, being tortured for months by the Americans wouldn't have turned him against them. The inablity of right wing fools to see the consequences of their actions used to amaze me, now I have realised they just have very small brains and little imagination or understanding of human nature. Torture doesn't turn men into your friends.

Back to top Go down

Two former Guantanamo detainees arrested in Belgium Empty Re: Two former Guantanamo detainees arrested in Belgium

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:33 am

sassy wrote:Of course, being tortured for months by the Americans wouldn't have turned him against them.  The inablity of right wing fools to see the consequences of their actions used to amaze me, now I have realised they just have very small brains and little imagination or understanding of human nature.  Torture doesn't turn men into your friends.

Absurd reasoning.
They were already against the west, as they were the Taliban.
I agree that torture is wrong but you have just tried to defend their extremism based off a falsehood.
They follow a Wahabbist ideology that views non_Muslims and Non_Wahabbist Muslims as infidels.
They were already brinwashed by an extreme form of Islam.
The inability of some of the left to understand who the Taliban are and what beliefs they hold shows why some on the left continually have their heads buried in the sand..
All the torture could have done is further enhance that hate, if that is even possible based on the backward beliefs they hold in Wahabbism.
As seen they had already been turned against the west before the torture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:52 am

This is actually a fantastic outcome, if you think about it. There was nothing the U.S. could do with these two without continuing to break our own laws, violate our own constitution. Now they've been arrested for actual charges and can be tried, convicted and sentenced.

Both of my grandfathers fought in WWII, and they didn't risk their lives so that America could devolve from the very basic and fair notion that if a government captures you and locks you up, it must also charge you with a crime and give you a trial -- no matter what you did!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:54 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:This is actually a fantastic outcome, if you think about it. There was nothing the U.S. could do with these two without continuing to break our own laws, violate our own constitution. Now they've been arrested for actual charges and can be tried, convicted and sentenced.

Both of my grandfathers fought in WWII, and they didn't risk their lives so that America could devolve from the very basic and fair notion that if a government captures you and locks you up, it must also charge you with a crime and give you a trial -- no matter what you did!

Absolutely right. The RWers have it all backasswards. Under our criminal justice system, first the bad guy commits the crime...then the cops arrest him. Write that down.

If you arrest him before he commits the crime, that's called totalitarianism or a despotic system. We use that system for Tories and Republicans. Lol.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:22 pm

What about this...?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sas-counter-terror-police-foil-6133731
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:What about this...?

What about it? Turkish authorities messed up a massive terrorist attack plan, good for them.  Two former Guantanamo detainees arrested in Belgium Hat-tip-smiley-emoticon
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:40 am

Tommy Monk wrote:What about this...?

You may have noticed lately that I am unimpressed by arrests, and will wait to see the outcome of a trial. That is because the authorities--yours as well as mine--have grown sloppy in their work. Newspapers may be loud and raucous with their headlines, but I will see them with their tails betwixt their legs, skulking away.

Smile

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down