NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iain Duncan Smith Unveils 'Strict' Test For Migrant Benefit Claimants

Go down

Iain Duncan Smith Unveils 'Strict' Test For Migrant Benefit Claimants Empty Iain Duncan Smith Unveils 'Strict' Test For Migrant Benefit Claimants

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:18 am

Iain Duncan Smith has unveiled a new "strict" test for migrants looking to claim income-related benefits, which will see them tested on their English language skills and what they have done to find work.

Migrants will have to say whether their English language skills will hamper their ability to find work, as well as provide more detailed answers before they make a claim in a habitual residence test, which is set to be rolled out at jobcentres across Wales, England and Scotland this week.

The work and pensions secretary said: "It is vitally important that we have strict rules in place to protect the integrity of our benefits system.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/12/migrants-benefits-quiz_n_4433029.html?1386918756&utm_hp_ref=uk

I think this is fair, at the end of the day, if you come to a nation, you should be coming financially sound and with Job prospects. Now most immigrants do and many are hard working, this will help though stop any which do abuse the system. It may also stop immigrants being used as scapegoats by the likes of UKIP and the BNP

Back to top Go down

Iain Duncan Smith Unveils 'Strict' Test For Migrant Benefit Claimants Empty Re: Iain Duncan Smith Unveils 'Strict' Test For Migrant Benefit Claimants

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:22 am

Morning Didge.

I suppose that if I really have to then I will give him a thumbs up on this one although I think he has a damn cheek mentioning the integrity of the benefits system.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Iain Duncan Smith Unveils 'Strict' Test For Migrant Benefit Claimants Empty Re: Iain Duncan Smith Unveils 'Strict' Test For Migrant Benefit Claimants

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:23 am

Tell me he didn't, after what has been revealed about his mis-handling and the billions he has lost!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:26 am

Irn Bru wrote:Morning Didge.

I suppose that if I really have to then I will give him a thumbs up on this one although I think he has a damn cheek mentioning the integrity of the benefits system.

Morning Irn

No matter how we view parties, sometimes we have to all agree on certain measures put in place which is fair to all.
I am all for immigrants coming to this nation, but if there are some that abuse the system, it makes sense to place such measures. To me it also takes away ammunition for parties who rely on nothing more than scare tactics about immigrants.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:25 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Morning Didge.

Morning Irn

No matter how we view parties, sometimes we have to all agree on certain measures put in place which is fair to all.
I am all for immigrants coming to this nation, but if there are some that abuse the system, it makes sense to place such measures. To me it also takes away ammunition for parties who rely on nothing more than scare tactics about immigrants.

Quite correct Didge and as can be seen by the posts on here today no-one has actually spoken out against this.

Common sense really that people should be equiped with the basic lingo that would enhance their chances of getting a job.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down