NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University

Go down

'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University Empty 'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 am

What may be the world's oldest fragments of the Koran have been found by the University of Birmingham.
Radiocarbon dating found the manuscript to be at least 1,370 years old, making it among the earliest in existence.
The pages of the Muslim holy text had remained unrecognised in the university library for almost a century.
The British Library's expert on such manuscripts, Dr Muhammad Isa Waley, said this "exciting discovery" would make Muslims "rejoice".
The manuscript had been kept with a collection of other Middle Eastern books and documents, without being identified as one of the oldest fragments of the Koran in the world.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-33436021

Interesting that this has been found in the Uk and that it could be one of the earliest fragments found.
Again though this is written in Hijazi script which leaves much open to interpretation compared to mordern Qurans.
Again it would be interesting to see if they have translated and how much variance there is.

Back to top Go down

'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University Empty Re: 'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:21 am

i was expecting
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Laughing

Back to top Go down

'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University Empty Re: 'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:25 am

korban dallas wrote:i was expecting
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Laughing

lol!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:43 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
korban dallas wrote:i was expecting

HA HA!
Is that HA HA! (funny) or HA HA! (statistically)as i am not sure Smile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
Is that HA HA! (funny) or HA HA! (statistically)as i am not sure Smile

Statistics? Hmm! I'm not sure what the standard deviation of that is but I meant "funny" HA HA!
sorry not (statistically) that was a combination of my dyslexia and the bloody spell checker DoH!! but thanks i meant sarcastically

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down