NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The List of Presidential Assassination Attempts Is Shockingly Longer than Anyone Thought

Go down

The List of Presidential Assassination Attempts Is Shockingly Longer than Anyone Thought Empty The List of Presidential Assassination Attempts Is Shockingly Longer than Anyone Thought

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:19 pm

Mel Ayton is the author of numerous books and articles. His book,Hunting the President, an examination of plots, threats and assassination attempts against American presidents, was published by Regnery in April 2014.

In 2014 my book, Hunting the President, was published. It included previously unknown assassination attempts against American presidents from the time of FDR to President Obama. (HNN ran articles based on my research here and here.) My latest book, Hunting the President II, examinesattempts to assassinate US presidents from George Washington to Herbert Hoover. My research has revealed numerous never-before-told incidents when the president’s life was put in danger, including stories of attempted stabbings, shootings and bombings. Many of the assassination plots and assassination attempts I write about have been well-chronicled. Others, however, have remained largely hidden from the public; some buried in newspaper archives and others in government reports, presidential memoirs, bodyguard memoirs, Secret Service agents’ memoirs, the National Archives, the Library of Congress, and presidential libraries.

- See more at: http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/159789#sthash.UAGsK9wj.dpuf

Back to top Go down