NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gaza Strip War - whose side are you on?

3 posters

Go down

The Gaza Strip War - whose side are you on?  Empty The Gaza Strip War - whose side are you on?

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:56 pm

Just going on these basic. simple facts (The Idiot's Guide)  whose side are you on?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/11/21/9-questions-about-israel-gaza-you-were-too-embarrassed-to-ask/

And for reference too:

When was Israel created? Why?
Israel was created in 1948. It gave Jews their own state and homeland for the first time since Biblical times.

When was Palestine created?
The land on which Israel was created was originally Palestine and a part of the Turkish Ottoman Empire. After World War One Palestine was handed over to Britain. Fighting between Jewish immigrants and the native Arabs erupted during the years of British control. The UN divided Palestine into a Jewish state called Israel and an Arab state called Palestine.

What is Zionism and who are the Zionists?
Zionism is the ideology that Jews should have their own country. Zionists are people who support that ideology. But not all Jews are Zionists and not all Zionists are Jews. Some Orthodox Jews believe that Jews should not have their own country until the messiah comes.

Some non-Jews support the Israel because they are convinced that Israel is a democratic and peaceful country in an area where other countries are ruled by dictators and are always at war with one another.

What are they fighting over?
The Palestinians didn’t want to give their land to Israel. They wanted all of Palestine to be one country for people of all faiths - Muslims, Christians and Jews. Israel had a war with the Arabs in 1967 and invaded and occupied all of Palestine. The Palestinians want their land back and are willing to go back to the pre-1967 borders.

Is this a war between Muslims and Jews?
Not necessarily. It is true that Israel is a mainly Jewish state and that Palestinians are mostly Muslims. But many Palestinians are Christians. There are some Muslims who live in Israel but Israel is an ideologically Jewish state - it actively tries to maintain a Jewish majority.

What is the Gaza Strip and West Bank?
The Gaza Strip and the West Bank are the occupied Palestinian areas. 1.4 million people live in the Gaza Strip and 2.8 million people live in the West Bank. The Gaza Strip is one of the most overcrowded places on earth. Israel severely restricts Palestinians from travelling to and from Gaza and the West Bank.

What do the Palestinians want?
The Palestinians want their own state. They want Israel to give back all the territory it took in 1967. They want Israel to stop sending troops and missiles into their areas. Palestinians are often arrested on mass and tortured, and many have their homes bulldozed - they want an end to these types of attacks on their human rights.

What do Israeli's want?
The Israelis want to see an end to suicide attacks, threats on their sovereignty and to keep some of the land they took in 1967. Israel is currently building a massive wall which it says will stop Palestinians from carrying out suicide attacks in Israel. But the wall takes up yet more Palestinian land and divides Palestinian families.

- See more at: http://www.therevival.co.uk/article/idiots-guide-israeli-palestinian-conflict#sthash.vSKcVvHy.dpuf

Last edited by eddie on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The Gaza Strip War - whose side are you on?  Empty Re: The Gaza Strip War - whose side are you on?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:00 pm

Palestine, as if you didn't know, and I know many people in Israel who are too.

Back to top Go down

The Gaza Strip War - whose side are you on?  Empty Re: The Gaza Strip War - whose side are you on?

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Lol

Did you read the link though?
Just give it a read and see if it's fair
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:10 pm

I did, it is, but I know a person who will say it's biased lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:12 pm

You have changed the link? Cos that isn't the one I read first. The one that is on now has loads of inaccuracies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Its always good to get two side of a story Eddie lol

So you can read for yourself about the Washington Posts and see how many errors it makes:

JUNE 23, 2015 Washington Post's One Error -- Seeing U.N. Gaza Report as News

JUNE 15, 2015 Washington Post Misreports BDS, Gaza War Casualty Debate

MAY 20, 2015 Washington Post Holds Up Palestinian Soccer Red Card

MAY 19, 2015 Washington Post, Washington Times Trip Covering 'Palestinian Nuns' Sainthood

MAY 15, 2015 Washington Post Gives Palestinian Spokesman 'Nakba Day' Foul Shots

MAY 5, 2015 Washington Post Falls for Breaking the Silence 'Report'

APRIL 7, 2015 Washington Post's Kenya Massacre Coverage Short on Why?

APRIL 6, 2015 Selective Memory Bedevils Washington Post Op-Ed Contributors

APRIL 1, 2015 Virginia State Bar Appeases Boycotters; CAMERA Files Freedom of Information Request

MARCH 31, 2015 Washington Post Re-Runs 'Palestinian Narrative' Through U.N.

MARCH 27, 2015 Note to Foreign Desk--Washington Post Editorial Reports News

MARCH 19, 2015 Petty Politics in Washington Post's Israeli Vote Coverage?

JANUARY 19, 2015 Washington Post Ops for Pop Psychology over Hard News on Palestinian U.N. Moves

JANUARY 9, 2015 When is a Correction in Error? When The Washington Post Says So

JANUARY 2, 2015 Liberating Theater J from Diva Ari Roth

DECEMBER 16, 2014 Omissions Distort Washington Post's 'Palestinian U.N. Statehood Showdown'

DECEMBER 14, 2014 "Children of the War": Washington Post's Big, Empty Photo Spread

DECEMBER 14, 2014 'Contentious Arab Lawmaker' Gets Washington Post Platform

DECEMBER 6, 2014 On Palestinian Incitement, Washington Post Op-Ed Clueless

NOVEMBER 18, 2014 Mainstream Media Coverage of Jerusalem Synagogue Massacre

NOVEMBER 13, 2014 Fareed Zakaria: More Plagiarism but Still at Washington Post, CNN

OCTOBER 2, 2014 Dana Milbank Sets Fire to His Washington Post Column

OCTOBER 1, 2014 Washington Post Op-Ed Imagines Non-Jewish Israel Would Uphold Civil Rights

SEPTEMBER 28, 2014 CAMERA Prompts LA Times, Washington Post Corrections on 'Palestine' Terminology

SEPTEMBER 8, 2014 News Media Confusion of Execute and Murder is Deadly to Accuracy

SEPTEMBER 7, 2014 Washington Post Corrects On West Bank 'Palestinian Land'

AUGUST 29, 2014 Naomi Shihab Nye Hijacks Ferguson to Falsify Gaza; Washington Post Helps

AUGUST 18, 2014 Washington Post Corrects Another Fareed Zakaria Error

AUGUST 15, 2014 Small donut, large hole in Washington Post’s 'From Iron Dome to iron fist’

AUGUST 6, 2014 Washington Post Corrects About Palestinian Violence, Blockade

AUGUST 3, 2014 Washington Post ‘Infographic' about Gaza Fighting Errs by Omission

JULY 17, 2014 Daoud Kuttab's Delusional Mahmoud Abbas Apologia in Washington Post

JUNE 18, 2014 Washington Post Correction Policy and Reality Clash

JUNE 3, 2014 Saudi Games of Throne, and Slaves

MAY 15, 2014 The iCatastrophe of al-Nakba Reporting

MAY 6, 2014 Those Intransigent 'Moderates' of Fatah

APRIL 28, 2014 Jihadis for Jerusalem, Journalists for Confusion

APRIL 23, 2014 Who and What - Conspicuous Omission by The Washington Post

APRIL 3, 2014 A False 'Admission' Begets Washington Post False Coverage

APRIL 1, 2014 The Washington Post Delivers - An April Fools' Daily Double

MARCH 23, 2014 Washington Post Corrects: Jerusalem is Israel's Capital

MARCH 22, 2014 CAMERA Letter Corrects Washington Post on 'Tantura Massacre'

JANUARY 16, 2014 From The Washington Post’s “Live Letter File”: The Falsifications of Maen Areikat

JANUARY 1, 2014 CAMERA Prompts Washington Post Correction on Israel's Christians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:17 pm

He's been on the Israeli propaganda site again lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:20 pm

lol look at how many corrections they got the Washington post to make Sassy.
That is called honest reporting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:22 pm

We'll just take the last correction. Christian population has grown in Israel, however their churches are attacked and burnt and Jewish writing denigrating Jesus is daubed on them:

Christian center set on fire, vandalized in Jerusalem hate crime attack
Damage done to a building belonging to the Greek Orthodox Church near the Old City; graffiti denigrating Jesus was sprayed on one of the walls.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.644285

Church In Israel Partially Burned In Arson Attack, Authorities Suspect Jewish Extremists

TABGHA, Israel (AP) — A fire ripped through one of the most famous Catholic churches in the Holy Land on Thursday, damaging the roof and burning prayer books in what authorities believe is an attack by Jewish extremists.

The fire broke out at the Church of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fish in the middle of the night, causing extensive damage to the inside and outside of the building, said Israel police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/18/attack-church-galilee_n_7614694.html

Loads more

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:24 pm

What was wrong with their correction Sassy?
I see nothing you gave that differs from what they did?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:27 pm

Lets read the correction and see if what sassy posted has any connection:

CAMERA's Washington office has prompted correction of a Dec. 14 "On Faith" article by Sally Quinn which erroneously referred to "the gradual disappearance of the Christian community in Israel and Palestine."

Israel's Christian community is not disappearing. At Israel's founding in 1948, the country's Christian population was 34,000. At the end of 2012, according to the Israeli Central Bureau of Statistics, it stood at 158,000. (See CAMERA's full Dec. 15 analysis of Quinn's article, an endorsement of My Promised Land: The Triumph and Tragedy of Israel, a new book by Ha'aretz journalist Ari Shavit.)

In response to communication from CAMERA, editors commendably published the following correction in print on Dec. 28 (and online Dec. 27):

The Gaza Strip War - whose side are you on?  Washington%20post%20christians%20correction%20copy

The correction was right and the paper rightly ameneded its error

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:23 pm

sassy wrote:You have changed the link?  Cos that isn't the one I read first.   The one that is on now has loads of inaccuracies.

Did I??
Oh I know what I did! I had two links. The above one is the one I found for you and didge (the idiots guide thing) but then when I googled that phrase it gave me the first one too

Okay boring story lol I'll find the other one

Edit; here it is

http://www.therevival.co.uk/article/idiots-guide-israeli-palestinian-conflict

Apologies for confusion
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:26 pm

Putting this here for quick reference:

When was Israel created? Why?
Israel was created in 1948. It gave Jews their own state and homeland for the first time since Biblical times.

When was Palestine created?
The land on which Israel was created was originally Palestine and a part of the Turkish Ottoman Empire. After World War One Palestine was handed over to Britain. Fighting between Jewish immigrants and the native Arabs erupted during the years of British control. The UN divided Palestine into a Jewish state called Israel and an Arab state called Palestine.

What is Zionism and who are the Zionists?
Zionism is the ideology that Jews should have their own country. Zionists are people who support that ideology. But not all Jews are Zionists and not all Zionists are Jews. Some Orthodox Jews believe that Jews should not have their own country until the messiah comes.

Some non-Jews support the Israel because they are convinced that Israel is a democratic and peaceful country in an area where other countries are ruled by dictators and are always at war with one another.

What are they fighting over?
The Palestinians didn’t want to give their land to Israel. They wanted all of Palestine to be one country for people of all faiths - Muslims, Christians and Jews. Israel had a war with the Arabs in 1967 and invaded and occupied all of Palestine. The Palestinians want their land back and are willing to go back to the pre-1967 borders.

Is this a war between Muslims and Jews?
Not necessarily. It is true that Israel is a mainly Jewish state and that Palestinians are mostly Muslims. But many Palestinians are Christians. There are some Muslims who live in Israel but Israel is an ideologically Jewish state - it actively tries to maintain a Jewish majority.

What is the Gaza Strip and West Bank?
The Gaza Strip and the West Bank are the occupied Palestinian areas. 1.4 million people live in the Gaza Strip and 2.8 million people live in the West Bank. The Gaza Strip is one of the most overcrowded places on earth. Israel severely restricts Palestinians from travelling to and from Gaza and the West Bank.

What do the Palestinians want?
The Palestinians want their own state. They want Israel to give back all the territory it took in 1967. They want Israel to stop sending troops and missiles into their areas. Palestinians are often arrested on mass and tortured, and many have their homes bulldozed - they want an end to these types of attacks on their human rights.

What do Israeli's want?
The Israelis want to see an end to suicide attacks, threats on their sovereignty and to keep some of the land they took in 1967. Israel is currently building a massive wall which it says will stop Palestinians from carrying out suicide attacks in Israel. But the wall takes up yet more Palestinian land and divides Palestinian families.

- See more at: http://www.therevival.co.uk/article/idiots-guide-israeli-palestinian-conflict#sthash.vSKcVvHy.dpuf
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:32 pm

I am on nobody's side in this they both totally and utterly deserve one another.....and untill both realise this there will not be peace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:34 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:You have changed the link?  Cos that isn't the one I read first.   The one that is on now has loads of inaccuracies.

Did I??
Oh I know what I did! I had two links. The above one is the one I found for you and didge (the idiots guide thing) but then when I googled that phrase it gave me the first one too

Okay boring story lol I'll find the other one

Edit; here it is

http://www.therevival.co.uk/article/idiots-guide-israeli-palestinian-conflict

Apologies for confusion

That one is spot on.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:37 pm

It's easy to refer to
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:55 am

My symapthies generally lie with Palestine, as Israel often responds with excess whenever there is a terrorist attack from Gaza.

That said the Gazans did choose Hamas via election, which does them no favours. The OP doesn't mention the fact there was an Arab state alliance that started a war with Israel in the first place that led to those lands being taken.

So I'm by no means all Palestine either. But considering Israel's power and supposed superiority in being the more developed state, they should be doing much more than simply flattening Gaza at every opportunity and not playing ball with the government in West Bank.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:52 am

Maybe this is a cop-out, but I'm on the side of the Palestinians and the Israelis who want peace and a two-state solution. It seems obvious but the wrongs committed by both sides (both real and alleged) are never going to be righted.

To quote Caesar in Caesar and Cleopatra:

"Do you hear? These knockers at your gate are also believers in vengeance and in stabbing. You have slain their leader: it is right that they shall slay you. If you doubt it, ask your four counselors here. And then in the name of that right, shall I not slay them for murdering their Queen, and be slain in my turn by their countrymen as the invader of their fatherland? Can Rome do less then than slay these slayers too, to show the world how Rome avenges her sons and her honor? And so, to the end of history, murder shall breed murder, always in the name of right and honor and peace, until the gods are tired of blood and create a race that can understand."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down