NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a change of diet cured my cancer

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

a change of diet cured my cancer  Empty a change of diet cured my cancer

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:05 pm

It's a miserable business, having cancer. I can remember those years clearly, and they were dreadful.
I had no family history of cancer, but I knew what it was when I found the lump in my breast in 1987. I tried to convince myself it wasn't real, but when I was diagnosed with cancer, I wasn't that surprised. It was a real strain on my family.
I was 42 and my sons, Mark and Tom, were 16 and six then, but it was hardest for my daughter, Emma, who was 13 - all her teenage years were blighted by my cancer.
And then one day, it all made sense - and what I discovered that day was to change my life for ever. It was six years after I was first diagnosed, and my family and I had been to hell and back. I'd had so many gruelling operations - a mastectomy, 12 sessions of chemotherapy and 35 radiotherapy treatments, and despite everything, I was still left with a lump the size of half a boiled egg sticking out of my neck.
It was a secondary cancer, since the disease had reached my lymph system, and I was absolutely fed up. I'd just had a session of chemotherapy which had had no effect on this latest large lump - I was measuring it with callipers, so I knew.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-171377/A-change-diet-cured-cancer.html#ixzz3f37Q554A
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-171377/A-change-diet-cured-cancer.html

Back to top Go down

a change of diet cured my cancer  Empty Re: a change of diet cured my cancer

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:11 pm

or that strange phenomena known as spontaneous remission????????

statistically always possible..

the diet might just have tipped it in her favour, certainly what she is saying makes good sense in any case

If the cancer was damaged sufficiently by the chem she had, cutting out those things could well have tipped it over the edge...

to some extent of course this would be personally dependant...I.e it could well NOT work for someone else
and it is dubious that it would have cured the cancer on its own....

even the woman says she would NOT reccomend people stopping conventional treatment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:16 pm

nobody is saying stop treatment but diet certainly had helped in her case .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:17 pm

aparently alkalinity can make quite a difference..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:18 pm

the right diet ...which lets be honest is very much person dependant ...can help most people....

the key is finding "the right diet"

that woman is one clever lady....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:19 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:aparently alkalinity can make quite a difference..

now you ARE talking outta your ass .....again

you CANNOT, it is biologically impossible to move your body pH by any appreciable amount...and if you did...you would die...simples

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:22 pm

One day I was running around in a little circle in my living room. I'd been doing it for about an hour when an attractive neighbor knocked on my door and invited me over for drinks.

Lesson learned -- if you want to meet a hottie, run around in circles long enough and it will happen!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:25 pm

it must be worth looking in to if it has helped people...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:29 pm

nope they won't entertain it even though the lady in question's husband is a scientist , you know what if sassy or KD had posted this they would be kissing their arses . They are just so blatantly prejudice against us .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:nope they won't entertain it even though the lady in question's husband is a scientist , you know what if sassy or KD had posted this they would be kissing their arses . They are just so blatantly prejudice against us .

If either of them had posted this I'd suggest they see a psychiatrist.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Or at least take some baking soda.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:35 pm

there is no reason to suspect it has (if you are talking about alaklinity), since what you are claiming is impossible

IF your system is exposed to excess acidity even temporarily

It starts to remove CO2 from your system...so you hyperventilate

then if the exposure continues it moves calcium out of the bones to help bind the acids....

if it continues further.....you die

IF your system is exposed to excess alkalinity it scavenges co2 from your metabolism to neutralise the alkalinity

so you hypoventilate, which can lead to hypoxia

if it contiues your system starts burning first sugar then fats to make co2 so you loose weight

if it continues ...you die

but ALL the time , in both cases your body will maintain its pH at 7.4 which is very very slightly on the alkaline side...but you CANNOT increase this significantly without causing immediate and serious problems.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:36 pm

a change of diet cured my cancer  Jimbo_loony1
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:37 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:nope they won't entertain it even though the lady in question's husband is a scientist , you know what if sassy or KD had posted this they would be kissing their arses . They are just so blatantly prejudice against us .
No they wouldn`t they would think we both had had a stroke and lost our faculty's

but thanks for the mention

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:42 pm

I have to disagree with you Ben...read the article....

In THIS instance the woman makes very good sense. there can be NO doubt that in some people removing something like dairy can benefit...

It could even be possible that she was in some way dairy intolerant (which is not uncomman) and THAT was an underlying factor(as opposed to cause)

But whatever her reasoning is sound...milk DOES contain growth factors

now...

she had chemo
it damaged the secondary sufficiently to "put it on the edge" (witghout actually killing it completely)

she then went on a diet that starved the tumour of growth factors it was reliant on...

pffft ...it dies....

NOTHING unreasonable or scientifically unacceptable with that

she is NOT claiming that cutting out dairy "cured" her cancer

but it certainly sees to have given it the coup de grace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:43 pm

korban dallas wrote:
No they wouldn`t they would think we both had had a stroke and lost our faculty's

have you read the article

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:44 pm

viz a man gets serious prostate cancer...

he gets chemo

he is then treated with chemical castration (or indeed actual castration)

the chemo weakens the cancer to the tipping point

the castration denys it the testosterone it is dependant on

pfffft...it dies...

same principle.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:44 pm

now i may be wrong and sorry for the diversion but you don`t believe in man made global warming or evolution so it`s a bit rich using "The lady in question's husband is a scientist" as an argument

just saying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:47 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

have you read the article
in part especially the bit about mistletoe but i did read the review of qualified people about the claims made i did provide a link did you read that ?

although that said mistletoe was used as a contraception if i recall correctly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:50 pm

korban dallas wrote:
now i may be wrong and sorry for the diversion but you don`t believe in man made global warming or evolution so it`s a bit rich using "The lady in question's husband is a scientist" as an argument

just saying

I do believe in scientists , not global warming, but the point is i wanted to let you and others know that the ladies husband was a scientist which would show you that even a scientist believes in alternative treatment once chemo and radiotherapy hadn't worked. Desperate measures i guess people will try anything when everything else fails .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:50 pm

helloooooo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

just saying

I do believe in scientists , not global warming, but the point is i wanted to let you and others know that the ladies husband was a scientist which would show you that even a scientist believes in alternative treatment once chemo and radiotherapy hadn't worked. Desperate measures i guess people will try anything when everything else fails .

Yes, there will always be people willing to take money from dying people, promising them "cures."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:52 pm

Rolling Eyes

Now...in a min i'm going to get very very cross.........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

just saying

see there your whole problem you only agree with science if it agrees with your views

and yes Desperate people ....do a lot of things they would not even consider

i could name a few but i think you know where that would lead us

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:54 pm

you have ALL got your fingers in your ears going la...la....la

Back to top Go down

mentor wrote:Rolling Eyes

Now...in a min i'm going to get very very cross.........

I think Ben just searched my post out and never saw yours maybe he will see it if he reads through Laughing

Back to top Go down

mentor wrote:helloooooo
helloooooo......?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:55 pm

I think ben is arguing on the wrong thread????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:55 pm

mentor wrote:I have to disagree with you Ben...read the article....

In THIS instance the woman makes very good sense. there can be NO doubt that in some people removing something like dairy can benefit...

It could even be possible that she was in some way dairy intolerant (which is not uncomman) and THAT was an underlying factor(as opposed to cause)

But whatever her reasoning is sound...milk DOES contain growth factors

now...

she had chemo
it damaged the secondary sufficiently to "put it on the edge" (witghout actually killing it completely)

she then went on a diet that starved the tumour of growth factors it was reliant on...

pffft ...it dies....

NOTHING unreasonable or scientifically unacceptable with that

she is NOT claiming that cutting out dairy "cured" her cancer

but it certainly sees to have given it the coup de grace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:56 pm

mentor wrote:you have ALL got your fingers in your ears going la...la....la
Oh sorry
when you agree with something it really can stand on its own
but a point well made

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:56 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

see there your whole problem you only agree with science if it agrees with your views

I think that works for everyone , if science found a cure for Parkinson's I would the kiss the arse of the scientist who found the cure because my dad is deteriorating fast and i want him cured , but for now i have to watch him suffer ,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:00 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

I think that works for everyone , if science found a cure for Parkinson's I would the kiss the arse of the scientist who found the cure because my dad is deteriorating fast and i want him cured , but for now i have to watch him suffer ,
http://www.medicaldaily.com/new-injectable-device-may-revolutionize-parkinsons-disease-treatment-brief-history-337338

now not a cure but one step at a time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:03 pm

korban dallas wrote:
mentor wrote:you have ALL got your fingers in your ears going la...la....la
Oh sorry
but a point well made

nope , but ...you two are, or appear to be enjoining the argument on the other cancer thread...not this one

viz...it has nothing to do with anyone making a profit out of anything

the woman is NOT suggesting that it is an alternative to conventional treatment

the woman is NOT suggesting the idet actualy "cured her cancer"

what she is saying (if you read it carefully) is that the change of diet dealt the final blow....

now I KNOW SHE ISNT SAYING THAT OUT LOUD AND IN RED HIGHLIGHTER, but read it and apply some medical thinking to it ...

what she says makes good sense....

tis would come under the heading complementary tretment ...not alternative...of which by instimct I am always hyper suspicious of...especially when it is being charged for.

remember Korben...I lived and breathed this stuff for nigh on 15 years....and always kept in touch with it even after I decided that electronics paid better.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:05 pm

AND...you are seeing a rare thing indeed.....

i am on this one instance tending to agree with VoD pale affraid

I did say elsewhere a bit ago...

I can be horribly and excruciatingly fair....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:11 pm

see it was well worth looking in to..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:13 pm

mentor wrote:AND...you are seeing a rare thing indeed.....

a change of diet cured my cancer  2385359624

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:29 pm

mentor wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
Oh sorry
but a point well made

nope , but ...you two are, or appear to be enjoining the argument on the other cancer thread...not this one

what she is saying (if you read it carefully) is that the change of diet dealt the final blow....

now I KNOW SHE ISNT SAYING THAT OUT LOUD AND IN RED HIGHLIGHTER,  but read it and apply some medical thinking to it ...

tis would come under the heading complementary tretment ...not alternative...of which by instimct I am always hyper suspicious of...especially when it is being charged for.

remember Korben...I lived and breathed this stuff for nigh on 15 years....and always kept in touch with it even after I decided that electronics paid better.....
yes that`s what i am agreeing with ? but not sure that`s complementary treatment that`s just good sense
I apparently have high cholesterol so i am drinking and eating that stuff that helps lower it
i don`t think it`s complementary treatment as i am not on any drugs for it
 that`s just common sense

as you said a change in one area can make a difference in others seeming unrelated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:15 pm

alternative treatments clearly work...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:31 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
mentor wrote:AND...you are seeing a rare thing indeed.....

a change of diet cured my cancer  2385359624
love that curtsey ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:34 pm

korban dallas wrote:
mentor wrote:

now I KNOW SHE ISNT SAYING THAT OUT LOUD AND IN RED HIGHLIGHTER,  but read it and apply some medical thinking to it ...

yes that`s what i am agreeing with ? but not sure that complementary treatment that`s just good sense
I apparently have high cholesterol so i am drinking and eating that stuff that helps lower it
thats i don`t think is complementary treatment as i am not on any drugs for it  that`s just common sense  

well its complementary in the sense that she used the diet in conjunction with the chemo
ans since it required a change in diet it has to be considered "treatment"

just as physio is "complemetary treatment" to say extensive limb surgery

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:35 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:alternative treatments clearly work...

You're clearly insane if you think that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:38 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:alternative treatments clearly work...
NO HF...

somealternative and or complementary treatments sometimes work for some people

just as conventional treatments work far more often for far more people....

the difference is that complementary treatments are acceptable becasue in general they dont require the removal of normal treatments ., they are as they state complimentary to it.

the alternatives can be highly dangerous soley becasue they are incompatible with conventional treatments....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:39 pm

Think about this -- if they actually worked, we wouldn't call them "alternative" treatments -- just "treatments." As in, wow, I could see an oncologist for a regimen of chemo, medication, dietary and lifestyle recommendations, etc., or I could just gnaw on these tree leaves from a tiny island south of New Bumfuck, Tasmania, which have been shown equally effective in actual medical studies by actual medical doctors.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:48 pm

but the some save lives ..

Back to top Go down

Post by @lex Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:49 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:One day I was running around in a little circle in my living room. I'd been doing it for about an hour when an attractive neighbor knocked on my door and invited me over for drinks.

Lesson learned -- if you want to meet a hottie, run around in circles long enough and it will happen!

... No wonder Fluffy fell in love with you.
@lex
@lex
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:54 pm

i'm sure alkalinity is a key to the problem...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:55 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:i'm sure alkalinity is a key to the problem...

WUM alert a change of diet cured my cancer  2981866455

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:55 pm

@lex wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:One day I was running around in a little circle in my living room. I'd been doing it for about an hour when an attractive neighbor knocked on my door and invited me over for drinks.

... No wonder Fluffy fell in love with you.

What's not to love? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:01 am

http://www.cancertutor.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:28 am

I guess the pharma companies are scared of proper and natural treatments...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next