NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How are you around mentally disabled people ?

Go down

How are you around mentally disabled people ? Empty How are you around mentally disabled people ?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:30 am

anyone ?

I am fine but there are people who can't be around them as they feel uncomfortable and I can understand that as sometimes it isn't easy to cope .

Back to top Go down

How are you around mentally disabled people ? Empty Re: How are you around mentally disabled people ?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:43 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:anyone ?

I am fine but there are people who can't be around them as they feel uncomfortable and I can understand that as sometimes it isn't easy to cope .

I think the hardest part is the unease of not knowing what they may do for no reason, they might suddenly turn violent or shout and I think it is that "unknown" that puts people on edge..

Back to top Go down

How are you around mentally disabled people ? Empty Re: How are you around mentally disabled people ?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:46 am

I think some people, in fact quite possibly most people, untill they are more experienced with contact with some mentally disabled folks and get to understand them a bit better can have a very real fear of them....which of course can impact negatively on their handling of "situations"

education and exposure to these situations can in most cases overcome this.

i suspect the fear is "fear of the unknown and of something different"

i dont have a problem myself, having known a kid in my old village when I was growing up who was quite badly mentally disabled.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:46 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:anyone ?

I think the hardest part is the unease of not knowing what they may do for no reason, they might suddenly turn violent or shout and I think it is that "unknown" that puts people on edge..

have a like...:-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:52 am

mentor wrote:

have a like...:-)

thank you.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:54 am

mentor wrote:I think some people, in fact quite possibly most people, untill they are more experienced with contact with some mentally disabled folks and get to understand them a bit better can have a very real fear of them....which of course can impact negatively on their handling of "situations"

i dont have a problem myself, having known a kid in my old village when I was growing up who was quite badly mentally disabled.....

I suppose if they know you are fearful and read that it could court a negative reaction to..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:06 am

mentor wrote:I think some people, in fact quite possibly most people, untill they are more experienced with contact with some mentally disabled folks and get to understand them a bit better can have a very real fear of them....which of course can impact negatively on their handling of "situations"

I suppose if they know you are fearful and read that it could court a negative reaction to..

there is every possibility of that..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down