NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rejecting Israeli Narrative, Free Gaza Campaigners Say Tasers Were Part of Violent Assault on Ship

Go down

Rejecting Israeli Narrative, Free Gaza Campaigners Say Tasers Were Part of Violent Assault on Ship Empty Rejecting Israeli Narrative, Free Gaza Campaigners Say Tasers Were Part of Violent Assault on Ship

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:11 am

At least nine people from Sweden, Norway, and Canada remain in Israeli custody

Directly contradicting initial reports from the Israeli Navy that the boarding of a Swedish vessel traveling to break the blockade of Gaza was an "uneventful" incident, campaigners reported Tuesday that several people on board, in fact, were violently treated and shot with tasers.

"At least four people were tasered and one was lightly wounded," Loukas Stamellos, spokesperson for the global Freedom Flotilla Coalition, told Common Dreams over the phone from Athens, Greece. "We were questioning the military's narrative before, but now we know at least some people were hurt and there was violence during the interception."

The following video, just released by the Freedom Flotilla Coalition, shows Swedish peace sailor Charlie Andreasson being tased multiple times by an Israeli combatant, explained David Heap, spokesperson for the coalition. (Warning: footage may be disturbing.)

Basil Ghattas, a Palestinian member of the Israeli Knesset who was on the Marianne, confirmed to the Middle East Eye that the Israeli military's takeover of the ship was indeed violent.

Staffan Granér, spokesperson for Ship to Gaza–Sweden, emphasized to Common Dreams: "It's important to document the violence our activists suffer, but it is also really important to realize that this violence and these crimes are something that happens every day and every week in these waters to fishermen from Gaza."

At least nine people from the international crew remain in Israeli custody after their ship was seized early Monday morning roughly 100 nautical miles from Gaza. A total of 18 people from around the world were on the vessel, and those who are not currently detained have been deported.

Campaigners argue that Israel's seizure of the vessel—named Marianne of Gothernburg—in itself constitutes piracy and kidnapping, as the boat was in international waters.

Swedish officials echoed this argument. Veronica Nordlund, speaking on behalf of the Swedish Foreign Ministry, stated on Tuesday: "Granted the information we have been given, the Israeli navy intervention took place in international waters. According to law it’s only the flag state, in this case Sweden, who is allowed to act against another ship in international waters. Sweden has expressed their opinion on the event to Israel."

The Marianne was sailing alongside three supporting vessels—Rachel, Vittorio, and Juliano II. Altogether the boats carried 47 people from 17 countries under the banner of "Freedom Flotilla III."

Israel has a bloody history of attacking such vessels, including the 2010 assault on the Mavi Marmara ship sailing from Turkey that killed nine people and wounded dozens.

Despite the risks, global campaigners continue to sail in a symbolic show of solidarity and resistance to the blockade, which is politically and financially backed by the United States and enabled by the direct participation of Egypt.

The three supporting vessels in Freedom Flotilla III turned back to the Greek ports they embarked from following the Israeli military's seizure of the Marianne. But global campaigners say they are already setting their sights on the next voyage.

Ehab Lotayef, a Montreal-based engineer and writer, is aboard one of the supporting boats in the Freedom Flotilla III that is currently en route to Greece. He passed along the message to Common Dreams: "We are proud of everyone who participated in Freedom Flotilla III, whatever their role. Now we are focusing on future flotilla to continue to challenge the blockade of Gaza until it ends completely and Palestinians regain their full rights."

http://commondreams.org/news/2015/06/30/rejecting-israeli-narrative-free-gaza-campaigners-say-tasers-were-part-violent?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

Terrorists and Pirates, happy to attack vessels in international waters. There isn't a law they respect.

Back to top Go down

Rejecting Israeli Narrative, Free Gaza Campaigners Say Tasers Were Part of Violent Assault on Ship Empty Re: Rejecting Israeli Narrative, Free Gaza Campaigners Say Tasers Were Part of Violent Assault on Ship

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:38 am

Pirates and Terrorists, and the Swedish Government is up in arms and will not let this go. Good for them.

Back to top Go down

Rejecting Israeli Narrative, Free Gaza Campaigners Say Tasers Were Part of Violent Assault on Ship Empty Re: Rejecting Israeli Narrative, Free Gaza Campaigners Say Tasers Were Part of Violent Assault on Ship

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:43 am

sassy wrote:Pirates and Terrorists, and the Swedish Government is up in arms and will not let this go.   Good for them.

A claim to taser's based off people who hate Jews.
Yeah people already are waking up to this kind of bullshit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:37 pm

another Jew bashing thread how original

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:04 pm

The ‘humanitarian aid’ aboard the recent flotilla to Gaza fit in two cardboard boxes, reports the Washington Post. It made correspondent William Booth‘s tweet of the day. You’re looking at one solar panel, and one nebulizer machine used to inhale medicine.
Rejecting Israeli Narrative, Free Gaza Campaigners Say Tasers Were Part of Violent Assault on Ship William-Booth

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Cuchulain wrote:The ‘humanitarian aid’ aboard the recent flotilla to Gaza fit in two cardboard boxes, reports the Washington Post. It made correspondent William Booth‘s tweet of the day. You’re looking at one solar panel, and one nebulizer machine used to inhale medicine.
Rejecting Israeli Narrative, Free Gaza Campaigners Say Tasers Were Part of Violent Assault on Ship William-Booth

The aid consisted of more than that - a lot more.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:The ‘humanitarian aid’ aboard the recent flotilla to Gaza fit in two cardboard boxes, reports the Washington Post. It made correspondent William Booth‘s tweet of the day. You’re looking at one solar panel, and one nebulizer machine used to inhale medicine.

The containers went up to 191.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:50 am

Irn Bru wrote:

Yeah sure Irn and I am sure you have many ships linned up to help the Syrians in Lebannon and Jordan?
No, of what a surprise.

How embarrassing, 2 boxes to help a terrorist watch sky football and one asthmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:53 am

OK Oh Dumb One, I'll tell you a little story and then I'll ask you a question.

Story:

Every day for two years a man crossed a border with things in a wheelbarrow. The border guards had been informed he was smuggling, but searched and searched the wheelbarrow and never found anything. After two year the man walked across the crossing empty handed. 'Not taking anything today?' asked the guard. The man walked up to the notice that said what you were not allowed to take over, took out a pen, underlined an item and then walked across the crossing.

Curious the guard went to look. The item that was underlined was 'wheelbarrows'.

Question.

What kind of BOATS were the flotilla sailing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:58 am

Daft story which is hearsay

Second I could not care what ships they are.

That is just poor deflections from my point.

So are you claiming gaza is a  humanitarian crisis and that the Syrian refugees in both Lebannon and Jordan is not a humanitarian crisis?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:06 am

Poor Didge, I tried hard to help you to twig.

The flotilla was made up of FISHING BOATS.

THE BOATS were the aid to help Gaza's fisherman who have had their boats and equipment destroyed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:11 am

sassy wrote:Poor Didge, I tried hard to help you to twig.

The flotilla was made up of FISHING BOATS.

THE BOATS were the aid to help Gaza's fisherman who have had their boats and equipment destroyed.

Again that does not answer my points does it Sassy.

I mean to help fisherman, I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

The point is there is no flotolla's beiung organised for the Syrian refugees dummy is there.

It shows the sham behind the claim of Gaza which is given plenty of food and medical suipplies by Israel of which there would be no bloackade in the first place if Hamas agreed to the existance of Israel anot try and wipe it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:12 am

Sl let me get this straight a Nebulizor and a satalite dish was to aid fishermen?

Rejecting Israeli Narrative, Free Gaza Campaigners Say Tasers Were Part of Violent Assault on Ship 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:14 am

I didn't think even you could be that stupid, I said it very plainly THE BOAT WAS THE AID, IT WAS GOING TO BE DONATED TO THE FISHERMEN.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:15 am

PS The countries that organised the flotilla also organise aid to Syria etc.

You do love parroting everything Netanyahu gabbles about.

Last edited by sassy on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:15 am

sassy wrote:I didn't think even you could be that stupid, I said it very plainly THE BOAT WAS THE AID, IT WAS GOING TO BE DONATED TO THE FISHERMEN.

Rejecting Israeli Narrative, Free Gaza Campaigners Say Tasers Were Part of Violent Assault on Ship 3489511464

Oh Sassy you are too easy for me and again you ignore that there is a massive need to help the Syrian refugee's not a couple of fishermen.

Holy crap on a cracker, I am crying with laughter at the moment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:16 am

wow tasers and lightly wounded, I guess if I had a choice between tazers and light wounds or beheaded, shot, blown up, thrown off buildings, cliffs or swimming pool ...

I guess you know what I mean...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:18 am

Really, that shows the depths of your ignorance. 4 boats would be a great help to the Gaza fishermen after the number that the Israeli's have sunk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:12 am

The fishing boat was the aid not just the couple of items that were in it. So what will the Israeli's do with the boat now? It is legitimate humanitarian aid supplied from funds raised from many different sources and not a threat to Israel so it has to be delivered to the intended destination. I suppose they could try and load it on a lorry and take it through the crossing but that's unlikely.

So will they sail it into a Gazan port where there will be a welcome committee waiting to greet the boat with a fanfare of flags, bunting and bands.?

Somehow I doubt it.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down