NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY PEOPLE REJECT CONSPIRACY THEORIES

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WHY PEOPLE REJECT CONSPIRACY THEORIES - Page 2 Empty WHY PEOPLE REJECT CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Post by eddie Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Before I post this article and subsequent link up, I'll tell you this: there are just as many articles that say people who believe in conspiracies are nut jobs.
I've always stated that if you find an article that says A is B, you'll always find one that says B is A.
Anyway, this article says it all for me (and for the record, I don't believe every conspiracy story out there )

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

WHY PEOPLE REJECT CONSPIRACY THEORIES - Page 2 Empty Re: WHY PEOPLE REJECT CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 pm

The Lenski long-term evolution experiment conclusively proved evolution. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._coli_long-term_evolution_experiment

Here's an easy-to-understand starter video for you:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

WHY PEOPLE REJECT CONSPIRACY THEORIES - Page 2 Empty Re: WHY PEOPLE REJECT CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:13 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:The Lenski long-term evolution experiment conclusively proved evolution. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._coli_long-term_evolution_experiment

Here's an easy-to-understand starter video for you:

Oh bless, you have no understanding of your own....

still no answer, should we bother teaching history or ancient cultures..?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:17 pm

I don't know why you keep asking me that; of course we should teach about history.

Let me ask you something -- should someone who doesn't know the basic claims that Christianity makes debate the validity of Christianity?

That's what you do when you "debate" evolution -- since you don't even understand the claims, you can't have a real debate about whether its claims are valid.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I don't know why you keep asking me that; of course we should teach about history.

Let me ask you something -- should someone who doesn't know the basic claims that Christianity makes debate the validity of Christianity?

That's what you do when you "debate" evolution -- since you don't even understand the claims, you can't have a real debate about whether its claims are valid.

so why should we teach about history and ancient cultures???

yet you try to debate Christianity with absolutely no knowledge of Christianity??

Not that it matters as I have knowledge of evolution, that is why I do not believe it... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:34 pm

We should teach about history to learn about where human culture came from and what has happened to our ancestors in different parts of the world.

The basic claim of Christianity, which I learned as a child and believed well into adulthood, is that God created the universe, including human beings. Adam and Eve disobeyed God and were banished from their earthly paradise, and also doomed to mortality, exposed to evil and hardship and were given knowledge of good and evil. Later on, God gave the 10 Commandments to the Jews, which because they couldn't obey, God rectified by sending Jesus, which was himself in the form of a human being, to live on Earth, teach people about love and morality, perform miracles and eventually be sacrificed for the sins of humanity via crucifixion, so that anyone who accepted Jesus and believed in him could be absolved and forgiven of their sins and could join his kingdom in Heaven.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, you give me your take on what evolutionary theory says.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:We should teach about history to learn about where human culture came from and what has happened to our ancestors in different parts of the world.

The basic claim of Christianity, which I learned as a child and believed well into adulthood, is that God created the universe, including human beings. Adam and Eve disobeyed God and were banished from their earthly paradise, and also doomed to mortality, exposed to evil and hardship and were given knowledge of good and evil. Later on, God gave the 10 Commandments to the Jews, which because they couldn't obey, God rectified by sending Jesus, which was himself in the form of a human being, to live on Earth, teach people about love and morality, perform miracles and eventually be sacrificed for the sins of humanity via crucifixion, so that anyone who accepted Jesus and believed in him could be absolved and forgiven of their sins and could join his kingdom in Heaven.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, you give me your take on what evolutionary theory says.

actually you got that pretty much right, though you understanding of the details have proven none existent....

evolution said we came from apes, then it said no we don't because we can't find the missing link, then evolution said the fossils will prove we came from apes, then fossil record didn't , then we said oh yeah but there were time when everything moved forward really quickly that why we don't see lots of little changes and fossils are hard to find, then evolution said what it is we have a common ancestor with apes but humanity deviated, not sure why or how, but evolution was a series of mutations that made us change, though mutations are negative or neutral, and we never see evolution, ahh what it is, evolution that is, we didn't change species we just changed within the species, we were kinda apes but not... and that's pretty much where we are today, we see changes within a species but the species remains within what appear to be set parameters and that seems pretty set within animal kind..

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Wrong, that's not what evolution says at all. You've grossly oversimplified a few conclusions that evolutionary scientists have made, but this, in a nutshell, is what the theory of evolution states:

Within populations of organisms, there is observed genetic variability. When one or a group of genetic variations gives an individual a survival or reproductive advantage, it will tend to pass its genetic material more successfully than other individuals to future generations, thus future generations will tend to have more of its genes.

Over long periods of time, given enough environmental change, this process will lead to entirely new species.

That's all!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:26 pm

LOL
there are no missing links what the fuck are you talking about.
Seriously And people wonder why teaching for old text books is useless

that line of argument has been debunked for almost 50 years and since 'lucy' was discovered dozens of others have too

WHY PEOPLE REJECT CONSPIRACY THEORIES - Page 2 Human-evolution-chart-origin
WHY PEOPLE REJECT CONSPIRACY THEORIES - Page 2 Tumblr_m90tdrxtQA1qktv7n
WHY PEOPLE REJECT CONSPIRACY THEORIES - Page 2 Tumblr_m90tc1Fron1qktv7n
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:39 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Wrong, that's not what evolution says at all. You've grossly oversimplified a few conclusions that evolutionary scientists have made, but this, in a nutshell, is what the theory of evolution states:

Within populations of organisms, there is observed genetic variability. When one or a group of genetic variations gives an individual a survival or reproductive advantage, it will tend to pass its genetic material more successfully than other individuals to future generations, thus future generations will tend to have more of its genes.

Over long periods of time, given enough environmental change, this process will lead to entirely new species.

That's all!

can you tell me the survival or reproductive advantage of homosexuality?? or are you saying homosexuality goes against evolution...

we never see change to a completely new species, just within a species...

a long period of time, are you against punctuated equilibrium then??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2