NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quotes system not working properly

2 posters

Go down

Quotes system not working properly Empty Quotes system not working properly

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:09 pm

When you try to quote a post, it won't let you post outside of the original quote.

Back to top Go down

Quotes system not working properly Empty Re: Quotes system not working properly

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:24 pm

The best way to do that is to make sure you've got the quote tags placed properly, like so:

Code:
[quote]The best way to do that is to make sure you've got the quote tags placed properly, like so:[/quote]
Anything after that last quote bracket will appear outside the quote.

<<<looks like>>>

The best way to do that is to make sure you've got the quote tags placed properly, like so:
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:The best way to do that is to make sure you've got the quote tags placed properly, like so:

Code:
[quote]The best way to do that is to make sure you've got the quote tags placed properly, like so:[/quote]

<<<looks like>>>

Nope...It still isn't working, and i've never had a problem in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:14 pm

Here's what I saw when I went in as though I was going to edit your post (I put it in the code brackets so all the coding shows:

Code:
[quote="Ben_Reilly"]The best way to do that is to make sure you've got the quote tags placed properly, like so:

[code][quote]The best way to do that is to make sure you've got the quote tags placed properly, like so:[/quote]
Anything after that last quote bracket will appear outside the quote.[/code]

<<<looks like>>>

Nope...It still isn't working, and i've never had a problem in the past.[/quote]

See, you still had that /quote tag at the end of what you typed. I think you have to make sure to delete that before you post, and your part will come up outside the quoted part.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:16 pm

I just highlight what I want to quote and hit the quote button with no author.

Last edited by Lurker on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Here's what I saw when I went in as though I was going to edit your post (I put it in the code brackets so all the coding shows:

Code:
[quote="Ben_Reilly"]The best way to do that is to make sure you've got the quote tags placed properly, like so:

[code][quote]The best way to do that is to make sure you've got the quote tags placed properly, like so:[/quote]

<<<looks like>>>

Nope...It still isn't working, and i've never had a problem in the past.[/quote]

Test

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:24 pm

[quote="Ben_Reilly"]Here's what I saw when I went in as though I was going to edit your post (I put it in the code brackets so all the coding shows:

Code:

<<<looks like>>>

See, you still had that /quote tag at the end of what you typed. I think you have to make sure to delete that before you post, and your part will come up outside the quoted part.

Nope....If it was something that i was doing wrong then i would have had the same problem from the start, but this has only happened from today.

Probably a Forumotion glitch again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:16 pm

See, I just fixed it on your last post by deleting the last [ /quote ] part. It should show when you're typing your post; if not, you can probably edit it after posting.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:17 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:See, I just fixed it on your last post by deleting the last [ /quote ] part. It should show when you're typing your post; if not, you can probably edit it after posting.

If you're using the quote function in reply, just make sure your text is going after that last [ /quote ] tag.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down