NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRUMP!

3 posters

Go down

TRUMP! Empty TRUMP!

Post by gelico Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:25 pm

BREAKING:

Trump grand jury ending in N.Y. with no charges against ex-president — WAPO

I just saw that on twitter buthad no idea he was being charged with anything,,,,

what's been going on?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

TRUMP! Empty Re: TRUMP!

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:32 pm

The Week wrote:The grand jury assigned to the Manhattan district attorney's investigation into Donald Trump is wrapping up this week without any criminal charges against the former president, suggesting he "will not be indicted in Manhattan in the foreseeable future — if at all," reports The New York Times.

Trump was facing criminal charges as the probe looked into his financial dealings and those of the Trump Organization, but Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg has reportedly stopped presenting the grand jury any evidence on Trump in recent weeks. The former "war room" prosecutors dedicated to preparing for grand jury presentations in the Trump probe has shuttered, and the grand jury expires at the end of the month.

Prosecutors still could form another jury to continue determining whether Trump falsely inflated the value of his assets, but given the trajectory of the case, it seems unlikely, says the Times. Some sources "believe that it will not result in an indictment of the former president unless a witness cooperates unexpectedly — a long shot in an investigation that has been running for more than three years."

Bragg's case is separate from that of New York Attorney General Letitia James, who is investigating the same conduct. That case is expected to take action against Trump, but because "her investigation is civil, Ms. James can bring a lawsuit, but not criminal charges," writes the Times.

https://theweek.com/donald-trump/1013124/manhattan-trump-probe-appears-poised-to-wrap-up-without-criminal-charges

Change of DA to a more pro-Trump official.

"What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars (1993).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:01 pm

gelico wrote:

BREAKING:

Trump grand jury ending in N.Y. with no charges against ex-president — WAPO

I just saw that on twitter buthad no idea he was being charged with anything,,,,

what's been going on?

Nothing is going on. Or everything is going on. Depending on what read or believe.

And it will still go on.... Rolling Eyes

~ Ruth Messinger
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down