NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“I told a man I didn’t want to date him because he had children“

5 posters

Go down

“I told a man I didn’t want to date him because he had children“ Empty “I told a man I didn’t want to date him because he had children“

Post by eddie Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:12 pm

A woman who goes by Coco Briscoe recently shared a negative experience she had while trying to find love online.

Speaking to the camera, she explained that a man she connected with online did not mention that he had children on his dating profile.

“While we were talking back and forth on Bumble, he mentions he has children - multiple.”

Coco then showed a screenshot of the conversation that followed.

She expressed her disinterest in dating someone with children, telling him: “Sorry, but kids are a deal-breaker for me. Hope you find what you’re looking for on here.” She ended the message with a heart emoji.

His response, however, caught her by surprise.

He began his reply with the emojis that show a face hysterically laughing.

He went on: “You’re 40 years old. How many options do you really think you’ve got? I hope you like cats because trust me those looks are about to fade real quick.”

Angered and slightly humored by this ridiculous response, Coco revealed her reply:

“That’s just a personal preference. Clearly, you’re an aggressive and rude person which is another deal-breaker.”

Coco took this experience as an opportunity to set the record straight with her TikTok followers.

Speaking to the camera she said: “Just because a woman does not want to have children and does not want to take care of your children, does not give you a right to insult her.

“I am so sick of this toxicity I could f***ing scream.”

Viewers in the comments section, however, were divided when it came to defending Coco.

Some people chose to blame her instead:

“How hard is it for you to write ‘I don't date guys with kids’ in your profile? I have ‘I don't date single moms’ in my profile and it works,” one user wrote.

“I get it, but the older you get the more you’re going to have to get over that people have kids. I personally don’t know anyone over 30 that doesn’t have 1,” said another.

Still, the majority took her side:

“Ah excuse me, how dare you have preferences and boundaries and expect them to be respected?!? The audacity,” one sarcastically wrote.

Another called out the double standard we all know so well: “How funny that it's fine for guys to say they don't want a partner with children, but it's somehow not okay for a woman to seek a child-free partner?”

“I told a man I didn’t want to date him because he had children“ 8980e410

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/17060796/told-man-i-couldnt-date-because-he-had-children/
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

“I told a man I didn’t want to date him because he had children“ Empty Re: “I told a man I didn’t want to date him because he had children“

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:52 pm

Honestly, he did get nasty and I completely side with her on the basis of their interaction.

But did she really need to tell this story to her TikTok followers? I can't decide if she needed validation, or if she was just going for a viral video. In either case, it's a bit crass, in my opinion.

Not to mention that she decided to politicise the whole thing too, which annoys me.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

“I told a man I didn’t want to date him because he had children“ Empty Re: “I told a man I didn’t want to date him because he had children“

Post by eddie Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:07 am

That’s what social media does: it makes us aware of stories we may not have heard otherwise but it also creates social media whores.
Double-edged sword.

But back to the actual story....

If I was a childless twenty-something I would not want to date a man with children. So I side with her.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:01 am

eddie wrote:That’s what social media does: it makes us aware of stories we may not have heard otherwise but it also creates social media whores.
Double-edged sword.

But back to the actual story....

If I was a childless twenty-something I would not want to date a man with children. So I side with her.

Sorry, I may we’ll be stupid but I thought she was 40?

Not that that matters. I’m on her side, even if she reacted poorly.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:17 pm

''He went on: “You’re 40 years old. How many options do you really think you’ve got? I hope you like cats''

don't know if he was just being nasty or if she really was, but like you said Ben, it kind of makes no difference to the situation.

if a bloke or woman puts up a tinder status or whatever hoping for dates, surely you mention kids, no?

it's not like saying ''i didn't mention i was lactose intolerant'' or ''i didn't like to mention that every now and then i get eczema''

you don't 'just forget' to mention that you have kids - it's quite an important issue after all

i also think she was polite about it

some folks just can't take the word 'no'

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:59 pm

I tend to steer clear of women with young kids. Of course at my age that's getting a lot easier, because women with young kids are usually young enough to steer clear of me.

When I was living in the burbs, raising kids, basically everyone I knew has kids. But now, most of the people I hang with don't have kids. There's a whole world of childless people that I wasn't aware of.

I think people making relationship choices based on someone having kids is perfectly fine. They are a huge responsibility that create a differemt lifestyle than one led by childless people. When I was raising kids, my evenings and weekends were often booked with sports and other kid activities. And then there is the money I spent on kids.

So I can understand a woman not wanting to compete with a man's kids for his time, money and attention.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:18 am

Maddog wrote:I tend to steer clear of women with young kids. Of course at my age that's getting a lot easier, because women with young kids are usually young enough to steer clear of me.

When I was living in the burbs, raising kids, basically everyone I knew has kids.  But now, most of the people I hang with don't have kids. There's a whole world of childless people that I wasn't aware of.  

I think people making relationship choices based on someone having kids is perfectly fine. They are a huge responsibility that create a differemt lifestyle than one led by childless people. When I was raising kids, my evenings and weekends were often booked with sports and other kid activities. And then there is the money I spent on kids.  

So I can understand a woman not wanting to compete with a man's kids for his time, money and attention.

I can totally see what you’re saying. I would be the same if I was single with no kids.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:13 pm

These two took that belief to the extreme. Those poor kids.

A father and his girlfriend have been sentenced to death in China after he threw his two children from his apartment building because his new girlfriend did not want another woman's kids.

The two young children fell from the tower block in the municipality of Chongqing, China, on November 2 last year.

Zhang Bo's daughter Zhang Ruixue, 2, died instantly, while his son Zhang Yangrui, 1, died shortly after from his injuries.

The 27-year-old had met Ye Chengchen, who he wanted to marry, but she refused to accept him while he already had children and so did her parents.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10355915
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:13 pm

Crazy Chinese. Too many dog dinners.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down