NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

+2
eddie
Didgee
6 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Didgee Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:15 pm

Emma Raducanu, who was a wild card at Wimbledon and reached the quarter finals there.

Only to have this become too much for her and retire at Wimbledon. Has not only reached the finals of the Us open as a qualifier ranked 150th in the world, but has now won the US open

She is 18 years old

What a star

Well done Emma

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/tennis/54517115

Didgee

Posts : 912
Join date : 2020-06-09

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Didgee Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:49 am


Didgee

Posts : 912
Join date : 2020-06-09

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by eddie Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:16 am

I hate tennis. Razz

_________________
”It’s not rebels that make trouble,
but trouble that makes rebels. ”

~ Ruth Messinger
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 42849
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 22
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:53 pm




Born in Canada to a Romanian father and Chinese mother...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 25811
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Eilzel Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:35 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:


Born in Canada to a Romanian father and Chinese mother...



She's lived in Britain since she was 2. She's British. Far more British than she is Chinese, Romanian or Canadian at this point.
We live in a global world, Tommy, whether you like it or not. People with diverse backgrounds are less and less uncommon.

Congrats to her, best thing in British women's tennis since the 1970s cheers cheers cheers

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8889
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 36
Location : Manchester

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:39 pm




I'm not doubting her ability to hit a ball with a bat...


But the facts remain... She was born in Canada to a Romanian father and Chinese mother.



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 25811
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Maddog Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:43 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:


I'm not doubting her ability to hit a ball with a bat...


But the facts remain... She was born in Canada to a Romanian father and Chinese mother.



It's a racquet not a bat.

I know this because my sister hit me in the mouth with one when we were kids.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Posts : 12325
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Tommy Monk and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Eilzel Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:


I'm not doubting her ability to hit a ball with a bat...


But the facts remain... She was born in Canada to a Romanian father and Chinese mother.



What of it? What point are you trying to make?

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8889
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 36
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:48 pm





I've already made my point.


Why are you so angry that she was born in Canada to a Romanian father and Chinese mother?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 25811
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Eilzel Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:



I've already made my point.


Why are you so angry that she was born in Canada to a Romanian father and Chinese mother?



You haven't made a point. You stated a fact.

So what was your point? (We know your point, of course. You just won't say it out loud because that's not what you do Wink )

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8889
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 36
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:55 pm





You sound angry at the facts...


You know canada stopped being British in 1982...?


You seem to think everyone is British regardless of where they were born and the nationality of their parents.


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 25811
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Eilzel Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:



You sound angry at the facts...


You know canada stopped being British in 1982...?


You seem to think everyone is British regardless of where they were born and the nationality of their parents.


I thought Canada stopped being British long before 1982.

But that is irrelevant. She is British, she was brought up here and has British citizenship.

And you still haven't made your point.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8889
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 36
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:05 pm




Made it already...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 25811
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Maddog Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:



You sound angry at the facts...


You know canada stopped being British in 1982...?


You seem to think everyone is British regardless of where they were born and the nationality of their parents.


Pretty sure being British is a function of citizenship..

She's a British citizen.


_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Posts : 12325
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Syl Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:03 pm

Most of us, if we go back two or three generations, won't be 100% British....so what?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 23464
Join date : 2015-11-12
Age : 21
Location : La La Land

Eilzel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Maddog Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:31 pm

Syl wrote:Most of us, if we go back two or three generations, won't be 100% British....so what?

I'm 100% American. Cool

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Posts : 12325
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Syl Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:32 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:Most of us, if we go back two or three generations, won't be 100% British....so what?

I'm 100% American.  Cool

Never mind. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 23464
Join date : 2015-11-12
Age : 21
Location : La La Land

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final Empty Re: Emma Raducanu Wins US Open Women's final

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum