NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my boy

+6
Tommy Monk
Syl
Vintage
Original Quill
Didgee
gelico
10 posters

Go down

my boy Empty my boy

Post by gelico Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:38 am

so my youngest boy had loads of issues as a youngster. diagnosed as autistic put in the dunce classes, put down, anxiety issues, loss of his dad, anger issues, alcohol and drug issues and a bit of a victim mentality.

he always liked rap as a kid and wanted to do it but never had the confidence. after years in the hospitality jobs he did a part time beats course run by some successful rapper for hopeful youngsters.

apparently one of their tasks was to be issued with a beat (they didn't get a choice of tune or beat) and write a song and perform it at one of the south london pubs.

the rapper organising it was really impressed with my son's lyrics and said they were very powerful,

can;t believe my son pasty white and was so socially anxious he couldn't even make eye contact being able to get up in a black pub and rap out a song.

this is it

personally, i can't stand rap but so chuffed for him that he did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ql1uIJ8Ko

gelico

Original Quill, Syl and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

my boy Empty Re: my boy

Post by Didgee Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:56 am

gelico wrote:so my youngest boy had loads of issues as a youngster.  diagnosed as autistic put in the dunce classes, put down, anxiety issues, loss of his dad, anger issues, alcohol and drug issues and a bit of a victim mentality.

he always liked rap as a kid and wanted to do it but never had the confidence.  after years in the hospitality jobs he did a part time beats course run by some successful rapper for hopeful youngsters.

apparently one of their tasks was to be issued with a beat (they didn't get a choice of tune or beat) and write a song and perform it at one of the south london pubs.

the rapper organising it was really impressed with my son's lyrics and said they were very powerful,

can;t believe my son pasty white and was so socially anxious he couldn't even make eye contact being able to get up in a black pub and rap out a song.

this is it

personally, i can't stand rap but so chuffed for him that he did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ql1uIJ8Ko

That is really cool Gelico

+1

Didgee

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:57 am

Damn!  He is really good.  I'd like hear him on other themes, not focused on self.  But he has a talent with expression and imagery...and he's caught the genre perfectly.

"What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars (1993).

Original Quill

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:07 am

Not usually my kind of thing but that is really good, good luck to him for the future.

Vintage

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:02 pm

Wow...it's like listening to a therapy session put to music.
That's a brave thing to share, both him and you.

Like Vintage, it's not really my kind of music, but it's not meant to be for women of a certain age, I bet it touches a lot of kids though.

I would be very proud of him if that was my son Gels. x

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:20 pm

That's pretty good, although I can't stand rap either...

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:57 pm

Any help downloading it or whatever you do these days?

Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:43 pm

That's actually pretty good.

👍

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:37 pm

I think anyone who puts themselves out there has to be admired.
I haven’t listened yet but I will.

My message still stands anyhow.

~ Ruth Messinger
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Tommy Monk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:38 pm

He shows a lot of promise -- I would like to hear him being a bit more emphatic, but maybe that's just my Gen X, raised on angry rappers bias coming out. Good rhyming and he's got a really good voice for rap, which isn't easy to achieve.

“If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.”

– Karl Popper
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Tommy Monk and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:17 pm

Thank you so much for your comments everyone

i will share them with him

x

gelico

eddie, Tommy Monk and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:24 pm

Make sure to tell him to keep going. That a bunch of strangers were very impressed!

I take my hat off to him. It’s not easy putting yourself out there. X

~ Ruth Messinger
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:29 pm

eddie wrote:Make sure to tell him to keep going. That a bunch of strangers were very impressed!

I take my hat off to him. It’s not easy putting yourself out there. X

thanks eddie

that's what blows my mind. the fact that growing up he wouldn't make eye contact, would mumble, shut himself off etc. he had zero confidence, and used to suffer full on paralysing anxiety attacks

it's like a different entity took over him and i know he will be over the moon to hear your comments

x

gelico

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:33 pm

He has a great mother Gels. You’re a unique individual.

~ Ruth Messinger
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:37 pm

eddie wrote:He has a great mother Gels. You’re a unique individual.

aw thank you, i will show him this comment too. he's putting off me meeting his new girlfriend. (I embarrass the fuck out of all my offspring and i think he just wants her to get used to the idea of me first) lol

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:39 pm

She will love you. If she has good sense....and an intelligent brain.

~ Ruth Messinger
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:44 pm

eddie wrote:She will love you. If she has good sense....and an intelligent brain.

all i know is she's black african, lives in south london, and he considers her way too classy to bring back to Dagenham

i said to him to bring her round and he just gave me a look and said ''er,,,,,no. she is not the sort of girl I'm going to bring to Dagenham''. don't know what he's got to be so fucking snobby about, just cos he bought himself a poncho he thinks he's the bees knees FFS/

oh and also she calls him nigger. he said if he says something she considers daft she makes a kissing sound rolls her eyes and just says in a slow drawl 'Nigger, please''

lol, can't wait to meet her

gelico

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:52 pm

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:She will love you. If she has good sense....and an intelligent brain.

all i know is she's black african, lives in south london, and he considers her way too classy to bring back to Dagenham

i said to him to bring her round and he just gave me a look and said ''er,,,,,no.  she is not the sort of girl I'm going to bring to Dagenham''.  don't know what he's got to be so fucking snobby about, just cos he bought himself a poncho he thinks he's the bees knees FFS/

oh and also she calls him nigger.  he said if he says something she considers daft she makes a kissing sound rolls her eyes and just says in a slow drawl  'Nigger, please''

lol, can't wait to meet her

Sounds like my kinda girl! Love black people with that humour! I work with a girl like that. We crack jokes like that all the time.

I like her already. Intelligent girl.

~ Ruth Messinger
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:16 am

Ben Reilly wrote:He shows a lot of promise -- I would like to hear him being a bit more emphatic, but maybe that's just my Gen X, raised on angry rappers bias coming out. Good rhyming and he's got a really good voice for rap, which isn't easy to achieve.

aw, i just shared all your comments with him. he was so touched and grateful that you had all taken the time to listen and give feedback. he wanted me to pass on his thanks. he was especially chuffed with this post, Ben. He has gone to bed a happy boy.

thanks again y'all

nite

x

gelico

Ben Reilly, eddie and Original Quill like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:06 pm

gelico wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:He shows a lot of promise -- I would like to hear him being a bit more emphatic, but maybe that's just my Gen X, raised on angry rappers bias coming out. Good rhyming and he's got a really good voice for rap, which isn't easy to achieve.

aw, i just shared all your comments with him.  he was so touched and grateful that you had all taken the time to listen and give feedback.  he wanted me to pass on his thanks.  he was especially chuffed with this post, Ben.  He has gone to bed a happy boy.

thanks again y'all

nite

x

Brilliant Gels, tell him to follow his dreams,talent should never be wasted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:20 pm

This sort of music isn't my cup of tea, but rap is hard as hell and it is obvious when someone is doing it well (it just sounds so natural) and he is brilliant.

Good on him taking a tough period of his life and being able to channel it into something creative. Every new chapter starts somewhere, and I wish him all the best with his rapping.

Fantastic talent Smile

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Ben Reilly, eddie, Syl and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:49 pm

gelico wrote:

aw, i just shared all your comments with him.  he was so touched and grateful that you had all taken the time to listen and give feedback.  he wanted me to pass on his thanks.  he was especially chuffed with this post, Ben.  He has gone to bed a happy boy.

thanks again y'all

nite

x

I'm really glad to hear that! Please share more of his stuff, if possible.

“If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.”

– Karl Popper
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:21 pm

Eilzel wrote:This sort of music isn't my cup of tea, but rap is hard as hell and it is obvious when someone is doing it well (it just sounds so natural) and he is brilliant.

Good on him taking a tough period of his life and being able to channel it into something creative. Every new chapter starts somewhere, and I wish him all the best with his rapping.

Fantastic talent Smile

Thanks a lot les x i copied this and sent it to him. (he's moved out again)

he was so nervous about even telling and showing us (his own family).

the comments on here are a totally different thing though simply because you kind of expect your own family to be positive and say nice things but these statements made more impact i think because, as eddie said, it's a bunch of strangers.

thanks again everyone, i will post more when he does more

xx

gelico

eddie, Eilzel and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:42 pm

gelico wrote:
Eilzel wrote:This sort of music isn't my cup of tea, but rap is hard as hell and it is obvious when someone is doing it well (it just sounds so natural) and he is brilliant.

Fantastic talent Smile

Thanks a lot les x  i copied this and sent it to him.  (he's moved out again)

he was so nervous about even telling and showing us (his own family).

the comments on here are a totally different thing though simply because you kind of expect your own family to be positive and say nice things but these statements made more impact i think because, as eddie said, it's a bunch of strangers.  

thanks again everyone, i will post more when he does more

xx

Not much scarier than showing people creations you put your heart into. Not much beats getting recognition for it either though. Look forward to hearing more, and more about his journey Smile x

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum