NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He bought 2 pizzas with currency now worth £306 million - "I have no regrets"

Go down

He bought 2 pizzas with currency now worth £306 million - "I have no regrets" Empty He bought 2 pizzas with currency now worth £306 million - "I have no regrets"

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 22, 2021 9:37 pm

This is on Laszo Hanyecz, who made the first real-world purchase with Bitcoin:

However, little did he know when he spent 10,000 Bitcoin on two Papa John’s pies it would also secure him a place in the crypto currency hall of fame.

He also had no clue that 11 years later the coins - worth around £30 at the time - would be now be worth more than £306million.

It is a fortune which could have bought him a private island, a luxurious mansion, and several private jets.

Amazingly, Laszlo insists he has absolutely no sleepless nights over his impulse purchase one lunchtime in 2010.

He has said: "I don't regret it. I think that it's great that I got to be part of the early history of Bitcoin in that way.

"People know about the pizza...everybody can kind of relate to that and be [like] 'Oh my God, you spent all of that money!'"

The Florida man was an early contributor to Bitcoin’s software when it was barely a year old.

He even coded a programme that made it possible for fans to mine the currency using their computer’s graphics cards (GPU).

However, his life changed forever when he posted a message on a Bitcoin chat forum on May 22, 2010.

He wrote on Bitcointalk: "I'll pay 10,000 Bitcoins for a couple of pizzas.. like maybe 2 large ones so I have some left over for the next day.

"I like things like onions, peppers, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, pepperoni, etc.. just standard stuff no weird fish topping or anything like that.

"If you're interested please let me know and we can work out a deal."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14905929/bitcoin-pizza-laszlo-hanyecz-crypto-currency/

“If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.”

– Karl Popper
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

He bought 2 pizzas with currency now worth £306 million - "I have no regrets" Empty Re: He bought 2 pizzas with currency now worth £306 million - "I have no regrets"

Post by eddie Sat May 22, 2021 9:42 pm

Pizza! cheers

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

He bought 2 pizzas with currency now worth £306 million - "I have no regrets" Empty Re: He bought 2 pizzas with currency now worth £306 million - "I have no regrets"

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 22, 2021 10:12 pm

You should never regret pizza, but I have to say I did regret the one time I got Papa John's.

The only thing that made that experience any good whatsoever was watching the delivery guy try desperately to act like he didn't know me, that he hadn't bullied me in high school, and that he wasn't suddenly standing in front of me wearing a stupid pizza delivery guy uniform Twisted Evil

“If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.”

– Karl Popper
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 23, 2021 1:59 pm

I heard bitcoin has lost half its value over the last month... Losing 10% on one day last week alone.

It's a bubble that looks like it is bursting.

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 23, 2021 2:11 pm

Last week was very volatile for cryptocurrencies with Bitcoins plunging to $30,000 level before recovering slightly. In the process, it lost nearly half of its total value, bankrupting many of those who invested in it.

Other coins also followed suit, crashing as much as 63 per cent in the last seven days. In essence, crypto investors lost a whopping $830 billion in the blowout last week.

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun May 23, 2021 10:01 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Last week was very volatile for cryptocurrencies with Bitcoins plunging to $30,000 level before recovering slightly. In the process, it lost nearly half of its total value, bankrupting many of those who invested in it.

Other coins also followed suit, crashing as much as 63 per cent in the last seven days. In essence, crypto investors lost a whopping $830 billion in the blowout last week.

I’m bloody glad that I’m too damn old to understand what this crypto currency mularky is all about, and didn’t get involved.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum