NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender'

+9
eddie
Tommy Monk
JulesV
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
Syl
Maddog
gelico
Didgee
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender' - Page 2 Empty Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender'

Post by Didgee Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Parents and male students were left 'mortified' after their school forced them to stand in assembly and apologise to their female classmates for sexual assaults committed by males.

Brauer College in the south-western Victorian town of Warrnambool held an assembly on Wednesday where boys were told to stand up in a symbolic gesture of apology to girls and women.

The move has since sparked outrage among parents of the school who say their children were made to feel ashamed about something they had no control over and didn't understand

Brauer College student Craig Daniels told the Today show the assembly was 'wrong' and should 'never have happened'.

'I wasn't in the assembly personally but I know people who were and it made them feel guilty for something they haven't done,' he said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9416195/Student-lash-Brauer-College-assembly-boys-apologise-female-peers.html

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender' - Page 2 Empty Re: Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender'

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:56 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Of course, but that doesn't mean don't do something about it.  Conservatives equate making the world better with guilt, and so they end up with "apology".  Just by-pass that little mental exercise, and go about making the world better.

That's what affirmative action is.  It's not apologizing.  It's simply recognizing that we've left someone behind, and we're going back to get him/her.  Any US Marine knows that sentiment.  No guilt…just go back and get ‘im.  Never leave anyone behind!

You dont forget what happened, and you dont pretend it didn't happen,  you learn from the past to ensure it can never happen again.
I agree that guilt solves nothing....it makes victims of everyone involved.

Don't forget public self flagellation.

That works too.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender' - Page 2 Empty Re: Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender'

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:58 pm

"We cannot have a world where everyone is a victim. "I'm this way because my father made me this way. I'm this way because my husband made me this way." Yes, we are indeed formed by traumas that happen to us. But then you must take charge, you must take over, you are responsible."

Camille Paglia
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:02 pm

Maddog wrote:"We cannot have a world where everyone is a victim. "I'm this way because my father made me this way. I'm this way because my husband made me this way." Yes, we are indeed formed by traumas that happen to us. But then you must take charge, you must take over, you are responsible."

Camille Paglia

That's a brilliant quote, I wish I had said it. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:09 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:"We cannot have a world where everyone is a victim. "I'm this way because my father made me this way. I'm this way because my husband made me this way." Yes, we are indeed formed by traumas that happen to us. But then you must take charge, you must take over, you are responsible."

Camille Paglia

That's a brilliant quote, I wish I had said it. Cool

She is a very interesting woman. You should Google her.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:24 pm

Maddog wrote:Don't forget public self flagellation.

That works too.

There! That is the classic Conservative/Republican response: to bask in the guilt of the matter, rather than fixing the problem. Remember: Republicans dwell on self-interest, while Democrats dwell on problem-solving. It stems from the self-focus that RW'ers have, brought about by extreme political individualism. As Sheldon Wolin says, "Individual conscious [in religion], becomes individual interest [in politics]." Wolin, Sheldon, op cit. (1960).

Then Conservative/Republicans become defensive, and create a political issue where none exists. The rationale of bypassing that nonsense is because it is self-serving and non-productive. Fix the problem and you won't have to deal with guilt.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:21 pm

At the end of the day this was a one off event, thousands of miles away. It's no big deal. I'm sure the teachers now realise this was a clumsy way of making a point.

We can all sit here and laugh our heads off at the extremes of woke culture, fine. But it does not detract from the grim facts of how prevalent sexual assaults are, and how they damage the recipients - and sometimes lead to murder.  

ETA -I called them recipients, not victims- cos apparently anyone calling themself a victim of anything, is a lefty snowflake.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:39 pm

JulesV wrote:At the end of the day this was a one off event, thousands of miles away. It's no big deal. I'm sure the teachers now realise this was a clumsy way of making a point.

We can all sit here and laugh our heads off at the extremes of woke culture, fine. But it does not detract from the grim facts of how prevalent sexual assaults are, and how they damage the recipients - and sometimes lead to murder.  

ETA -I called them recipients, not victims- cos apparently anyone calling themself a victim of anything, is a lefty snowflake.

Victims of real harm are victims. Pretending to be a victim of something makes the problem worse in the long run.

Ever read the fable "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie, Syl and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:43 pm

JulesV wrote:At the end of the day this was a one off event that happened thousands of miles away. I'm sure the teachers now realise this was a clumsy way of making a point.

ETA -I'm called them recipients, not victims- cos apparently anyone calling themself a victim of anything, is a lefty snowflake.

Bad things happen.
When a person is raped they certainly have been victimised,  same as  anyone who is attacked, or mugged, or singled out by some violent halfwit or  psycho on the loose.

But people get over things, they move on with their lives.  If something bad happens and you always feel like a victim because of it, it's a self fulfilling prophesising label that damages you a lot more than it damages anyone else.

Perennial victims go through life expecting people to treat them badly, and sadly that's often what happens.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie, Maddog and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:42 pm

Syl wrote:
JulesV wrote:At the end of the day this was a one off event that happened thousands of miles away. I'm sure the teachers now realise this was a clumsy way of making a point.

Bad things happen.
When a person is raped they certainly have been victimised,  same as  anyone who is attacked, or mugged, or singled out by some violent halfwit or  psycho on the loose.

But people get over things, they move on with their lives.  If something bad happens and you always feel like a victim because of it, it's a self fulfilling prophetising label that damages you a lot more than it damages anyone else.

Perennial victims go through life expecting people to treat them badly, and sadly that's often what happens.

I am aware of all that so I don't really need to be reminded of any of the points you made. It's just that I choose to avoid any trigger words which would distract from whatever I'm saying. I don't use words like victim in my sentences.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:22 pm

JulesV wrote:
Syl wrote:

Bad things happen.

But people get over things, they move on with their lives.  If something bad happens and you always feel like a victim because of it, it's a self fulfilling prophetising label that damages you a lot more than it damages anyone else.

I am aware of all that so I don't really need to be reminded of any of the points you made. It's just that I choose to avoid any trigger words which would distract from whatever I'm saying. I don't use words like victim in my sentences.

Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:25 pm

We are talking about two different things here: being a victim as a result of another's infraction is different from victim-posturing.

The basic model of victimization can be expressed as this:  Offender >> Offense >> Victim.  Authentic victimization takes all three components of the model.

Victim-posturing is when one poses as a victim in order to expressly or impliedly suggest the offense and offender.  However, with victim-posturing we have only allegations of: “>> victim”.  The offender and the offense, we are supposed to infer.

With victim-posturing we are missing both the “offense” and the “offender”.  Those who resist remediation try to infer that it is a second offense.  They try to boot-strap themselves into a “victim-posture” by suggesting the remediation is reverse offense.

It doesn't work because inference is not hard, concrete fact.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:We are talking about two different things here: being a victim as a result of another's infraction is different from victim-posturing.

The basic model of victimization can be expressed as this:  Offender >> Offense >> Victim.  Authentic victimization takes all three components of the model.

Victim-posturing is when one poses as a victim in order to expressly or impliedly suggest the offense and offender.  However, with victim-posturing we have only allegations of: “>> victim”.  The offender and the offense, we are supposed to infer.

With victim-posturing we are missing both the “offense” and the “offender”.  Those who resist remediation try to infer that it is a second offense.  They try to boot-strap themselves into a “victim-posture” by suggesting the remediation is reverse offense.

It doesn't work because inference is not hard, concrete fact.
I wasn't really  talking about victim posturing.

Some people have been genuinly victimised, for eg, women are raped, and they deal with that in various ways.
I very much doubt it would help them to have men in general apologising for that years later.

Why make her feel like a victim again.....she has moved on.

To stay in victim mode is to weaken yourself.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Vintage and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:44 am

Syl wrote:To stay in victim mode is to weaken yourself.

I agree. Yet RW'ers do it all the time.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:55 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:To stay in victim mode is to weaken yourself.

I agree.  Yet RW'ers do it all the time.

I refuse to class people as RW or LW. I prefer to listen to everyones individual views without lumping people into groups.

Quill, you agree that to constantly hark back to remind people of when they were victimised is wrong, yet you seem to believe that white people should forever be in debt to black people for the wrongs committed in the past.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:23 pm

RW'ers is a meaningful category.  It is based upon their habit pattern, which in turn is based upon their beliefs, or ideology.  You ignore it at your own peril.

RW'ers for the most part are not interested in addressing truth, in the factual sense of the word.  They are more interested in the deceptive arts, including false equivalencies and false parallels, for purposes of tactical success in debate.  They do this because their fundamental premise is elitist and undemocratic, and they don’t need truth to convince voters, because…well, voters are a nuisance best dealt with by deception.

A favorite tactic of theirs is the mirror-image, or look-alike argument.  For example, with reference to the black-lives-matter issue, based upon the inordinate number of blacks killed by police, they will ignore that point and retort: all lives matter.  The point of theirs is to ignore (and further discount) black lives, while inferring that their interlocutor's point has no validity.  They have deliberately misplaced the emphasis on the inordinate number of blacks killed by police, as if to say nothing to see here.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:19 pm

Quill, really, will you ever be able to discuss any topic that doesn’t make you want to talk about the RW?
You rinse and repeat like a knackered old washing machine.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Tommy Monk and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:39 am

eddie wrote:Quill, really, will you ever be able to discuss any topic that doesn’t make you want to talk about the RW?

No.  Evil or Very Mad

Face it, eds...I have a doctorate in political theory, and analyzing the RW (political individualism) was my doctoral dissertation. I mean...it's like asking you, will you ever give up your children?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:08 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Quill, really, will you ever be able to discuss any topic that doesn’t make you want to talk about the RW?

No.  Evil or Very Mad

Face it, eds...I have a doctorate in political theory, and analyzing the RW (political individualism) was my doctoral dissertation.  I mean...it's like asking you, will you ever give up your children?  

My children are their own people. Do I keep insisting they listen to only me? Do I tell them something over and over and try to make them see things one way?
Hell no.

It’s not even a very good comparison. Give me another comparison so I can understand you better.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:14 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No.  Evil or Very Mad

Face it, eds...I have a doctorate in political theory, and analyzing the RW (political individualism) was my doctoral dissertation.  I mean...it's like asking you, will you ever give up your children?  

My children are their own people. Do I keep insisting they listen to only me? Do I tell them something over and over and try to make them see things one way?
Hell no.

It’s not even a very good comparison. Give me another comparison so I can understand you better.

Simple answer: you care about them, don't ya? Same with me and my life's work.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:17 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No.  Evil or Very Mad

Hell no.

Simple answer: you care about them, don't ya?  Same with me and my life's work.

You have only made a comparison to the things we both care about - it isn’t, in any way, a response to the statement I made.

Have a think. You’re not stupid.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:13 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You have only made a comparison to the things we both care about - it isn’t, in any way, a response to the statement I made.

It's the only response. It's reality.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:20 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's the only response.  It's reality.

Yeah. It’s about half past four. That’s a reality too. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:28 am

You can't change reality by platitudes.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:28 am

You can't change reality by platitudes.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:08 am

Original Quill wrote:

No.  Evil or Very Mad

That's about the 17th doctorate you claim to have.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:28 am

G'Day

Those redneck Mexicans (i.e. "south of the border"..);  often seems like they're living in a different country...

I reckon that school principal (and maybe the deputy, as well) could be looking for a new job at the end of this year ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:18 am

'Wolfie wrote:G'Day

Those redneck Mexicans (i.e. "south of the border"..);  often seems like they're living in a different country...

I reckon that school principal (and maybe the deputy, as well) could be looking for a new job at the end of this year ?

Good god in heaven! You’re alive! Howdy stranger!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:14 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No. Evil or Very Mad

Face it, eds...I have a doctorate in political theory, and analyzing the RW (political individualism) was my doctoral dissertation. I mean...it's like asking you, will you ever give up your children?

No, I have two doctorates: law and political theory.

Instead of tearing down others to make your own sore ego feel better, you might try enhancing your self-worth by achieving more. Let's see...you dabbled some in junior college, and landed a job as a home appraiser. Did you ever feel the need to go further? 'Cause, judging by your antics, you sure are unhappy with your own lot.

Go back to school, fcs. Blowing out someone else's candle, doesn't make yours shine any brighter. Get to work.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No, I have two doctorates: law and political theory.

Instead of tearing down others to make your own sore ego feel better, you might try enhancing your self-worth by achieving more.  Let's see...you dabbled some in junior college, and landed a job as a home appraiser.  Did you ever feel the need to go further?  'Cause, judging by your antics, you sure are unhappy with your own lot.

Go back to school, fcs.  Blowing out someone else's candle, doesn't make yours shine any brighter.  Get to work.

Well, I have 5 doctorates.

Any credential is possible on a forum eh?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:12 pm

I have a certificate for swimming one whole length of the local public baths when I was 5 years old....beat that. Basketball
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:30 pm

Syl wrote:I have a  certificate for swimming one whole length of the local public baths when I was 5 years old....beat that. Basketball

I actually did the mile swim as a kid in Boy Scouts.

Which are now just Scouts since they let girls join.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:46 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:I have a  certificate for swimming one whole length of the local public baths when I was 5 years old....beat that. Basketball

It doesn't seem fair that girls can join Scouts but boys can't join Guides (unless they identify as female) sometimes the lads miss out on this equality business.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:56 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It doesn't seem fair that girls can join Scouts but boys can't join Guides (unless they identify as female) sometimes the lads miss out on this equality business.

Progress eh?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:30 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Progress eh?

Not if you are a scout. What a Face
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:35 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

lol, i don't know what age group that is syl, but if it's in their teens ,,,,,

i think any teenage boy scout would deem it an advantage to have females there rather than unfair

put it down to hormones

Cool

i get your point though

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:52 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol, i don't know what age group that is syl, but if it's in their teens ,,,,,

i think any teenage boy scout would deem it an advantage to have females there rather than unfair

put it down to hormones

Cool

i get your point though

Fair point well made Gels. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:25 pm

Maddog wrote:

Pffffff! I did three miles when I was 11. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:52 pm

I'm a division manager in charge of 49 people! I drive a Dodge Stratus!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Cass likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:55 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I'm a division manager in charge of 49 people! I drive a Dodge Stratus!

Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat May 01, 2021 5:32 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I'm a division manager in charge of 49 people! I drive a Dodge Stratus!

Why would anybody be scared of you? I hate you, you big fat turd!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2