NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much is too much?

+5
Victorismyhero
Maddog
Original Quill
Vintage
Syl
9 posters

Go down

How much is too much? Empty How much is too much?

Post by Syl Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:17 pm

Actor Mathew McConaughey has received criticism for revealing how his dad died in his book of memoirs to be released next week. (good publicity but still)
He reveals his dad died whilst climaxing making love to his wife, Mathews mum.

Should some things remain private? and I wonder what his mum thinks of the world knowing how her OH died....and even if she approved it, is it right iyo??

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/other/matthew-mcconaughey-receives-backlash-after-revealing-his-dad-died-while-climaxing-during-sex/ar-BB1a8VmQ?ocid=msedgdhp
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How much is too much? Empty Re: How much is too much?

Post by Vintage Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:13 pm

Personally, that's too much information, I don't want or need to know such information about another person and wouldn't like any such information given out about me but many people these days seem to want to know this stuff and don't mind such information about them being common knowledge. Its his mother's personal information so its only for her to reveal if she wishes, of course she is probably ok with it if she's still around.
I find it sad the amount of private information that seems to be demanded about famous people these days.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:52 pm

Syl wrote:

Actor Mathew McConaughey has received  criticism for revealing how his dad died in his book of memoirs to be released next week. (good publicity but still)

Should some things remain private? and I wonder what his mum thinks of the world knowing how her OH died....and even if she approved it, is it right iyo??

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/other/matthew-mcconaughey-receives-backlash-after-revealing-his-dad-died-while-climaxing-during-sex/ar-BB1a8VmQ?ocid=msedgdhp

I can't help but mention that McConaughey is a southerner, and they seem to be genetically insensitive. These are the guys who champion guns, are quick to violence, and particularly like to beat up blacks.

As an actor, McConaughey appears to be best at those aw-shucks, dumb guy roles, such as in Sahara and Fool's Gold. I'm not surprised to find him blurting out tactless scenarios like this. Rolling Eyes They don't know any better.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Yeah, it's because he's from Texas. Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Anyway, if I go like that, my girls can tell everyone how their dad left this realm.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Maddog wrote:Anyway, if I go like that, my girls can tell everyone how their dad left this realm.  

I thought you said you were celibate not long ago. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:03 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:Anyway, if I go like that, my girls can tell everyone how their dad left this realm.  

Well, it's not like I took a vow or anything. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm

More lack of opportunity then Maddog?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:More lack of opportunity then Maddog?

The opportunities exist, I just dont always take advantage of them. The big head does more thinking than the little head these days. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:10 pm

I agree with Vintage.
 No doubt hid dad would have been proud to be known as a Jack the lad dying on the job, but it's disrespectful to his mother imo....not to mention just plain tacky and without class.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well, it's not like I took a vow or anything. Cool
True, it's not only a womans prerogative to change her mind. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:10 pm

Syl wrote:

Actor Mathew McConaughey has received  criticism for revealing how his dad died in his book of memoirs to be released next week. (good publicity but still)

it reminds me of private benjamin.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:48 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Syl wrote:

it reminds me of private benjamin.

I thought of the same thing when I read it. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:49 pm

I'd rather be shot by a jealous Husband while "on the job" !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:04 pm

nicko wrote:I'd rather be shot by a jealous Husband while "on the job" !

Better not let your wife read that Nicko. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:17 pm

Obviously Quill hasn't seen Dallas Buyers' Club!

McConaughey is a national treasure!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Obviously Quill hasn't seen Dallas Buyers' Club!

Have you seen Lincoln Lawyer?   How much is too much? 3633442240

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Obviously Quill hasn't seen Dallas Buyers' Club!

Have you seen Lincoln Lawyer?  How much is too much? 474684931

I tried to watch it, eddie and I both did -- it was a truly bad film. But that wasn't McConaughey's fault!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Have you seen Lincoln Lawyer?   How much is too much? 3633442240

I tried to watch it, eddie and I both did -- it was a truly bad film. But that wasn't McConaughey's fault!

I think he was in there somewhere. Have you noticed that McConaughey has ended up the commercial spokesperson for Lincoln Motors on TV?

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:59 pm

Re the OP. If his mother didn’t mind, then what’s the big deal? It’s only sex.
What a way to go!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:44 pm

All depends on your personal point of view I suppose, or how far up the uptight spectrum you are.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:21 pm

Vintage wrote:All depends on your personal point of view I suppose, or how far up the uptight spectrum you are.
Yep.....it's odd though, I think, and most people who know me well, think I am broadminded, but people who dont know me well see me as rather a Laydeee.  Razz

But.....there is no way, ( and hopefully it wont happen cos i want to go first) but if my OH met his maker in the same way as this man, there is just no way i would share that info with my son or anyone else come to that, it would be private.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:30 pm

Absolutely but then I am very private and uptight I suppose. People I worked with in a large office used to divulge all sorts about their private lives and their OH's. I almost used to blush on meeting them.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:37 pm

Vintage wrote:Absolutely but then I am very private and uptight I suppose. People I worked with in a large office used to divulge all sorts about their private lives and their OH's. I almost used to blush on meeting them.
Nothing wrong with being private Vintage. Cool
I think a lot depends on how you were brought up too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:44 pm

More washing dirty linen in public. His dad sounds as if he was a real charmer.

"The Interstellar actor shared a photo of his mother Kay's bent middle finger as proof of his father James' abuse in in his new memoir Greenlights, revealing rage was how his parents "communicated" and showed love in their toxic relationship.

Oscar-winner Matthew, 50, said of one particularly violent row between the two was sparked by Jim asking for more potatoes at dinner, with the actor recalling: "'Sure you want more potatoes, FAT MAN?' she barked. That was it. BOOM!"

"Dad flipped the dining table into the ceiling, got up and began to stalk Mom," he continued, explaining he and his older brothers Michael and Patrick "knew the deal" and watched their mum run to the telephone in the kitchen to call the police.

However, before cops arrived she ended up hitting James in the face with the receiver, as the couple then "circled each other" while Matthew's mother grabbed a 12-inch chef's knife to defend herself against her husband, who was now threatening to bash her with a glass bottle of Heinz ketchup."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/matthew-mcconaughey-s-abusive-dad-broke-his-mother-s-finger-four-times-during-violent-rows/ar-BB1al3mz?ocid=msedgntp

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Syl wrote:More washing dirty linen in public. His dad sounds as if he was a real charmer.

"The Interstellar actor shared a photo of his mother Kay's bent middle finger as proof of his father James' abuse in in his new memoir Greenlights, revealing rage was how his parents "communicated" and showed love in their toxic relationship.

Oscar-winner Matthew, 50, said of one particularly violent row between the two was sparked by Jim asking for more potatoes at dinner, with the actor recalling: "'Sure you want more potatoes, FAT MAN?' she barked. That was it. BOOM!"

"Dad flipped the dining table into the ceiling, got up and began to stalk Mom," he continued, explaining he and his older brothers Michael and Patrick "knew the deal" and watched their mum run to the telephone in the kitchen to call the police.

However, before cops arrived she ended up hitting James in the face with the receiver, as the couple then "circled each other" while Matthew's mother grabbed a 12-inch chef's knife to defend herself against her husband, who was now threatening to bash her with a glass bottle of Heinz ketchup."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/matthew-mcconaughey-s-abusive-dad-broke-his-mother-s-finger-four-times-during-violent-rows/ar-BB1al3mz?ocid=msedgntp

Texans!!
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:03 pm

It could happen anywhere, not just Texas. Wink

I don't think Mathew McConaughey has shown himself up in a particularly good light in divulging all the private stuff his mother endured when they were growing up either.
Some people would sell their souls for publicity.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:07 pm

Syl wrote:It could happen anywhere, not just Texas. Wink

I don't think  Mathew McConaughey has shown himself up in a particularly good light in divulging all the private stuff his mother endured when they were growing up either.

I don't know if it's for publicity. The dude is a legend and a rich one at that.

Honest autobiographies can be ugly. He had a bit of a dysfuctional family. Maybe its a catharsis for him and a bit of a warning for others.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:19 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:It could happen anywhere, not just Texas. Wink

I don't think  Mathew McConaughey has shown himself up in a particularly good light in divulging all the private stuff his mother endured when they were growing up either.

I don't know if it's for publicity. The dude is a legend and a rich one at that.

Honest autobiographies can be ugly.  He had a bit of a dysfuctional family. Maybe its a catharsis for him and a bit of a warning for others.  

I was going to say I hope he asked her permission before he revealed all the toxic stuff about her and her marriage....then I just saw this, it gets worse.

"Matthew McConaughey did not talk to his mother for eight years.

That is because the 50-year-old actor found out that his mom was leaking their private conversations to the media he told The Howard Stern Show on Wednesday. 'I would have conversations and then all of a sudden—whoop—what we’d talk about would end up in the paper three days later,' the star recalled.

The Oscar-winning star explained he had to set 'some boundaries' with his 88-year-old mother, Kay, to mend their relationship.  

When Stern asked if he stopped talking to his mother after she showed off the bed where 'he lost his virginity,' he explained those years were 'tough."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8869431/Matthew-McConaughey-reveals-forgiven-leaking-private-conversations.html
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:30 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Honest autobiographies can be ugly.  He had a bit of a dysfuctional family. Maybe its a catharsis for him and a bit of a warning for others.  

I was going to say I hope he asked her permission before he revealed all the toxic stuff about her and her marriage....then I just saw this, it gets worse.

"Matthew McConaughey did not talk to his mother for eight years.

That is because the 50-year-old actor found out that his mom was leaking their private conversations to the media he told The Howard Stern Show on Wednesday. 'I would have conversations and then all of a sudden—whoop—what we’d talk about would end up in the paper three days later,' the star recalled.

The Oscar-winning star explained he had to set 'some boundaries' with his 88-year-old mother, Kay, to mend their relationship.  

When Stern asked if he stopped talking to his mother after she showed off the bed where 'he lost his virginity,' he explained those years were 'tough."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8869431/Matthew-McConaughey-reveals-forgiven-leaking-private-conversations.html

There you go. This is basically a how to not do it manual for families. Razz
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum