NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHO backflips

Go down

WHO backflips  Empty WHO backflips

Post by Maddog on Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:35 pm

A World Health Organisation doctor has backflipped on the organisation's original Covid-19 stance, calling for world leaders to stop locking down their countries and economies as a "primary control method".

Dr David Nabarro from the WHO appealed to world leaders yesterday, telling them to stop "using lockdowns as your primary control method" of the coronavirus.

He also claimed that the only thing lockdowns achieved was poverty – with no mention of the potential lives saved.

"Lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer," he said.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-world-health-organisation-doctor-backflips-on-virus-lockdowns-dont-use-them-as-a-primary-control/DQMBCUNNRCHCBLCITIMKOYXLRU/

Those silly Swedes may have had the right idea all along.

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

inmyopinion likes this post

Back to top Go down

WHO backflips  Empty Re: WHO backflips

Post by Maddog on Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:01 pm

"His message is timely. In a world first, a number of health experts from all over the world came together calling for an end to coronavirus lockdowns earlier this week."

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:51 am

There are always some who will sacrifice lives for profits.

"What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars (1993).

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:43 am

Original Quill wrote:There are always some who will sacrifice lives for profits.

Is that what this guy is doing? Does the WHO know what hes doing?

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:41 am

Maddog wrote:A World Health Organisation doctor has backflipped on the organisation's original Covid-19 stance, calling for world leaders to stop locking down their countries and economies as a "primary control method".

Dr David Nabarro from the WHO appealed to world leaders yesterday, telling them to stop "using lockdowns as your primary control method" of the coronavirus.

He also claimed that the only thing lockdowns achieved was poverty – with no mention of the potential lives saved.

"Lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer," he said.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-world-health-organisation-doctor-backflips-on-virus-lockdowns-dont-use-them-as-a-primary-control/DQMBCUNNRCHCBLCITIMKOYXLRU/

Those silly Swedes may have had the right idea all along.  

I posted this too.lol
I wondered if it has something to do with all the court cases threatened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:37 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:There are always some who will sacrifice lives for profits.

Is that what this guy is doing?

Yes.

Maddog wrote:Does the WHO know what hes doing?

I assume, if they read, they know.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars (1993).

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Is that what this guy is doing?

Yes.

Maddog wrote:Does the WHO know what hes doing?

I assume, if they read, they know.

He is the WHO.

Hes speaking for them. Hes not some rogue scientist going off the reservation.

So what you are saying is that the scientists at the WHO are no longer credible. Who knows, you might be right.

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:01 pm

"And so, we really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method. Develop better systems for doing it. Work together and learn from each other."

Notice the pronoun "we"?

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:58 pm

Maddog wrote:"And so, we really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method. Develop better systems for doing it. Work together and learn from each other."

Notice the pronoun "we"?

Framing a personal message as a plural pronoun action is a common form of self-aggrandizing.

It's still trading lives for profits.

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:"And so, we really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method. Develop better systems for doing it. Work together and learn from each other."

Notice the pronoun "we"?

Framing a personal message as a plural pronoun action is a common form of self-aggrandizing.

It wasn't a personal message.

He is speaking the the WHO.

Do you disagree with the WHO's new position?

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:18 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Doubtful.

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Doubtful.

Do you disagree or a agree with the WHO's new position?

I'm not saying they are right one way or the other, just that their position has changed.

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:13 pm

Nationwide lockdowns are a bit clumsy, I think more localized lockdowns will probably be the way forward. Also, shorter lockdowns, like the "circuit breaker" option being discussed here in England.

– George Bernard Shaw
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:27 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Nationwide lockdowns are a bit clumsy, I think more localized lockdowns will probably be the way forward. Also, shorter lockdowns, like the "circuit breaker" option being discussed here in England.

Agreed.

But even localized lockdowns need to be utilized only to protect the health system from being overloaded. That's what flatten the curve was all about. It was never eliminate the curve.

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:23 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Doubtful.

I'm not saying they are right one way or the other, just that their position has changed.

I don't think so.

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:11 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I don't think so.

You can think anything you want. Their position has changed.

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:40 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't think so.

One outlander gives a revisionist opinion, and you think the whole of WHO has changed? Nonsense.

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

One outlander gives a revisionist opinion, and you think the whole of WHO has changed?  Nonsense.

One?

Hes speaking for the organization. Do you expect every fucking member to show up for interviews explaining their position?

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:50 pm

"We in the World Health Organisation do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus," Dr Nabarro told The Spectator.

"The only time we believe a lockdown is justified is to buy you time to reorganise, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted, but by and large, we'd rather not do it."

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:20 pm

I have said: I am a lawyer; I am a former professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice; I am a former AAG.

Is it gospel to you?  All of these things you have denied.  So, let’s not hear you arguing that you believe every person who comes along because ‘they say so’.

I deny that David Nabarro is the single spokesperson for WHO.  This guy could say he is anything he wants.  Truth be known, he is currently Co-Director (since mid-2019) and Chair of Global Health at the Institute of Global Health Innovation, Imperial College, London.

His connection to WHO?  He is Former Special Adviser to the United Nations Secretary-General on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Climate Change.  Climate Change, FGS.  WTF does climate change have to do with infectious diseases? https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/who-director-general-s-special-envoys-on-covid-19-preparedness-and-response

Moreover, he lives in London, right in the middle of where Covid-19 is the big political football.  Is he a Tory?  It sounds, from the position he takes, that he is towing the Tory line: Get kids back in school, get people back to work, and let the chips fall where they might.  Leave everything to chance and herd immunity.  Never mind the deaths.  Never mind the toll on the elderly.  Glad to get rid of them.

Just to be clear, he is saying: Let the fookers die, so that all the capitalists' investment can get back to producing money for the wealthy off-shore pockets.  That’s what we are talking about.  If kids don’t go back to school, parents must stay home to take care of them.  If parents don’t go to work, the businesses they work at close.  If businesses close, the investments of the wealthy dry up.  If investments dry up, so do the off-shore bank accounts.

So, what we are saying is, let’s trade lives for property.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:I have said: I am a lawyer; I am a former professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice; I am a former AAG.

Is it gospel to you?  All of these things you have denied.  So, let’s not hear you arguing that you believe every person who comes along because ‘they say so’.

I deny that David Nabarro is the single spokesperson for WHO.  This guy could say he is anything he wants.  Truth be known, he is currently Co-Director (since mid-2019) and Chair of Global Health at the Institute of Global Health Innovation, Imperial College, London.

His connection to WHO?  He is Former Special Adviser to the United Nations Secretary-General on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Climate Change.  Climate Change, FGS.  WTF does climate change have to do with infectious diseases?

Moreover, he lives in London, right in the middle of where Covid-19 is the big political football.  Is he a Tory?  It sounds, from the position he takes, that he is towing the Tory line: Get kids back in school, get people back to work, and let the chips fall where they might.  Leave everything to chance and herd immunity.  Never mind the deaths.  Never mind the toll on the elderly.  Glad to get rid of them. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/who-director-general-s-special-envoys-on-covid-19-preparedness-and-response

Let the fookers die, so that all the capitalists' investment can get back to producing money for the wealthy off-shore pockets.  That’s what we are talking about.  If kids don’t go back to school, parents must stay home to take care of them.  If parents don’t go to work, the businesses they work at close.  If businesses close, the investments of the wealthy dry up.  If investments dry up, so do the off-shore bank accounts.

Do lawyers know what the word "we" means?

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:36 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I have said: I am a lawyer; I am a former professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice; I am a former AAG.

His connection to WHO?  He is Former Special Adviser to the United Nations Secretary-General on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Climate Change.  Climate Change, FGS.  WTF does climate change have to do with infectious diseases?

Moreover, he lives in London, right in the middle of where Covid-19 is the big political football.  Is he a Tory?  It sounds, from the position he takes, that he is towing the Tory line: Get kids back in school, get people back to work, and let the chips fall where they might.  Leave everything to chance and herd immunity.  Never mind the deaths.  Never mind the toll on the elderly.  Glad to get rid of them. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/who-director-general-s-special-envoys-on-covid-19-preparedness-and-response

Let the fookers die, so that all the capitalists' investment can get back to producing money for the wealthy off-shore pockets.  That’s what we are talking about.  If kids don’t go back to school, parents must stay home to take care of them.  If parents don’t go to work, the businesses they work at close.  If businesses close, the investments of the wealthy dry up.  If investments dry up, so do the off-shore bank accounts.

It's a personal pronoun. It is used to deceive people, when one only speaks for himself but pretends to be a part of a movement. You switch from the singular to the plural pronoun, and pretend you speak for a huge crowd.

It's an old political trick. A politician pretends to have a 'mandate', even though he won by only two votes (in Trump's case, he actually lost, and still claims a 'mandate').

Now, can we get back to serious facts? WHO has not changed any positions, and you are a deceptive liar.

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's a personal pronoun.  It is used to deceive people, when one only speaks for himself but pretends to be a part of a movement.  You switch from the singular to the plural pronoun, and pretend you speak for a huge crowd.

It's an old political trick.  A politician pretends to have a 'mandate', even though he won by only two votes (in Trump's case, he actually lost, and still claims a 'mandate').

Now, can we get back to serious facts?  WHO has not changed any positions, and you are a deceptive liar.

So "we" is simply used to deceive people?

K.

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:18 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's a personal pronoun.  It is used to deceive people, when one only speaks for himself but pretends to be a part of a movement.  You switch from the singular to the plural pronoun, and pretend you speak for a huge crowd.

It's an old political trick.  A politician pretends to have a 'mandate', even though he won by only two votes (in Trump's case, he actually lost, and still claims a 'mandate').

Now, can we get back to serious facts?  WHO has not changed any positions, and you are a deceptive liar.

Why do you suggest that? Switching from personal to plural has many, many purposes, some of them quite benign. In fact, it is made to deceive by appearing to be a common linguistic form.

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Why do you suggest that?  Switching from personal to plural has many, many purposes, some of them quite benign.  In fact, it is made to deceive by appearing to be a common linguistic form.

Quill wrote:It's a personal pronoun. It is used to deceive people

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:34 pm

In a statement, Hedinn Halldorsson, a spokesman for the W.H.O., reaffirmed that the pandemic needed to be addressed with such a “package” of protective tactics.

“W.H.O. has never advocated for national lockdowns as a primary means for controlling the virus,” he said. “Dr. Nabarro was repeating our advice to governments to ‘do it all.’”

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:53 pm

Which is a lot different than saying WHO backflips. Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:Which is a lot different than saying WHO backflips. Evil or Very Mad

I'll grant you that. Assuming this really has always been their position.

But what is ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN is that the WHO doesn't want lockdowns except to give the medical community a chance to catch up with the case load.

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum