NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY DAD (AGAIN)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MY DAD (AGAIN) Empty MY DAD (AGAIN)

Post by gelico on Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:26 pm

So on Saturday my dad collapsed again.  my brother was there at the time and got him to hospital but it turns out that he fractured his skull and has a bleed on the fontal lobe whatever the fuck that means.  under sedation in critical care yet again.  i think its about a year ago now that he had his last episode. FFS!

visits restricted, plastic sheeting everywhere, he's 83 and stuck on life support with corona flying around.

needless to say i;m a bit stressed

on monday on the way home from visiting him, i left my phone on the c2c train and freaked out.  when i got home a friend of my sons rang my number and someone answered and said they would leave it at lost property for me to pick up.  i went on tuesday but it wasnt there and i was well pissed off.  then i got a fine from network rail cos i travelled back down to southend on my debit card which didn't work the other end.  i was at screaming point.

yesterday i thought i may as well just try again so went back up to fenchurch st office and asked again.  they actually had it so i was mega relieved to get it back.

also when my brother rang to inform me of what happened i waited to hear but it was about 10.30 when he said they were at the hospital in critical care.

i rang piggio and the conversation ran thus

ME:  Hi piggio, you OK?
PIGGIO:  Sure, you ok?  what's up?
ME:  I need a favour
PIGGIO:  What do you need
ME:  I need to get to southend general
PIGGIO:  What, now?
ME: Yeah, now
PIGGIO: On my way!

bad shit happens but still feeling blessed in many ways

gelico

Back to top Go down

MY DAD (AGAIN) Empty Re: MY DAD (AGAIN)

Post by Original Quill on Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:37 pm

So sorry to hear about your dad, gels.  It happens more than you think: https://www.verywellhealth.com/frontal-lobe-head-trauma-1720020

Soldier on...happy days just around the corner.  xxx

"What's your's is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...  Putin tells him what to think.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:57 pm

gelico wrote:

So on Saturday my dad collapsed again.  my brother was there at the time and got him to hospital but it turns out that he fractured his skull and has a bleed on the fontal lobe whatever the fuck that means.  under sedation in critical care yet again.  i think its about a year ago now that he had his last episode. FFS!

visits restricted, plastic sheeting everywhere, he's 83 and stuck on life support with corona flying around.

needless to say i;m a bit stressed

on monday on the way home from visiting him, i left my phone on the c2c train and freaked out.  when i got home a friend of my sons rang my number and someone answered and said they would leave it at lost property for me to pick up.  i went on tuesday but it wasnt there and i was well pissed off.  then i got a fine from network rail cos i travelled back down to southend on my debit card which didn't work the other end.  i was at screaming point.

yesterday i thought i may as well just try again so went back up to fenchurch st office and asked again.  they actually had it so i was mega relieved to get it back.

also when my brother rang to inform me of what happened i waited to hear but it was about 10.30 when he said they were at the hospital in critical care.

i rang piggio and the conversation ran thus

ME:  Hi piggio, you OK?
PIGGIO:  Sure, you ok?  what's up?
ME:  I need a favour
PIGGIO:  What do you need
ME:  I need to get to southend general
PIGGIO:  What, now?
ME: Yeah, now
PIGGIO: On my way!

bad shit happens but still feeling blessed in many ways

MY DAD (AGAIN) Literally-send-a-hug-card.-There-have-been-many-times-I39ve-wanted-to-hug-someone-from-a-distance...-Best-Quotes-Love

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:11 pm

+1
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Sorry Gels, to hear this shit is happening.

You know where I am. I’m a good listener.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:24 pm

How awful for you. Sending lots of hugs xxx

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:01 pm

Sorry to hear about your dad. Thinking about you and hoping all will be well.

Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:32 pm

Yeah, there is never a good time for our elderly parents to have health issues, but right now with the world stressed and stretched to the max, it's even worse.

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:42 pm

Best wishes Gelico!

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:58 pm

Best wishes to your dad, gelico. X

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:22 am

been there ...got the scars.....

wishing your dad AND you all the best Gelico

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:49 pm

thank you so much all of you for the posts

love you guys

update later

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:34 pm

Only just caught up.

So sorry to hear that, Gelico. I know that my faith has been ridiculed at times by certain posters - not that I care; it's water off a duck's back - but I'll offer a prayer for his safe and speedy recovery.

Brother Moletrousers.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:57 pm

dad moved from critical care to high dependency most of the tubes removed.

he is conscious but can't talk at the moment

not sure if i'll be allowed back in tomorrow

new day may mean new rules

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:30 pm

gelico wrote:

Thinking of you gels. You have my number if you need to chat x

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:21 am

gelico wrote:

Sounds as if he’s moving forward slowly.

How heartbreaking for you. And now the lockdown. Sending you so much love and hugs XX

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel on Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:42 am

Sorry to hear you are going through this at this time, gels.

Sending you and your dad all the best.

Looks like things are going in the right direction at least x

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:59 pm

DAY 1 OF THE RETURN - THURSDAY (early for obvious reasons)

So he arrived back home around 3pm complete with what seemed like a whole suitcase of meds, a commode, a zimmer frame and a peebag attached to him. they dumped him on the sofa and made sure he was comfortable and waved goodbye. However they forgot to deliver his discharge papers which are vitally important for aftercare (big mistake)

first he said was ''get us a cup o tea'' so i did. then he said ''can i have another one'' so i did him another one

then i asked him if he was hungry, he nodded eagerly. knowing his favourite is simply sausage, egg and chips, I offered him that. again an eager nod. so i did. he wolfed it down then washed it down with yet another cup of tea and then sighed with satisfaction.

about an hour later i had a call from the discharge nurse at the hospital.

she said ''hi, just wondered if your dad was home yet. because i need to talk to you about his pureed diet''

''ah'' said I. ''bit late for that i'm afraid, he's just eaten a hearty dinner of sausage, egg and chips and had 3 cups of tea''

**shocked silence**

''was it pureed'' she asked hopefully

''no, he would have slung it back at me if i'd done that, he was fine, no choking just much satisfaction''

i could literally feel her relief over the phone

''oh, thank God for that, he's meant to be on pureed only, you should have been informed of this, you didn't get the discharge papers, i'm so sorry'' etc etc

i just burst out laughing, and told her not to worry, i wouldn't be suing (this time)

lol!

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:29 pm

Haha...anyways, having you around was probably better than any pureed carrots. Twisted Evil

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...  Putin tells him what to think.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:50 pm

gelico wrote:

DAY 1 OF THE RETURN - THURSDAY (early for obvious reasons)

So he arrived back home around 3pm complete with what seemed like a whole suitcase of meds, a commode, a zimmer frame and a peebag attached to him. they dumped him on the sofa and made sure he was comfortable and waved goodbye. However they forgot to deliver his discharge papers which are vitally important for aftercare (big mistake)

first he said was ''get us a cup o tea'' so i did. then he said ''can i have another one'' so i did him another one

then i asked him if he was hungry, he nodded eagerly. knowing his favourite is simply sausage, egg and chips, I offered him that. again an eager nod. so i did. he wolfed it down then washed it down with yet another cup of tea and then sighed with satisfaction.

about an hour later i had a call from the discharge nurse at the hospital.

she said ''hi, just wondered if your dad was home yet. because i need to talk to you about his pureed diet''

''ah'' said I. ''bit late for that i'm afraid, he's just eaten a hearty dinner of sausage, egg and chips and had 3 cups of tea''

**shocked silence**

''was it pureed'' she asked hopefully

''no, he would have slung it back at me if i'd done that, he was fine, no choking just much satisfaction''

i could literally feel her relief over the phone

''oh, thank God for that, he's meant to be on pureed only, you should have been informed of this, you didn't get the discharge papers, i'm so sorry'' etc etc

i just burst out laughing, and told her not to worry, i wouldn't be suing (this time)

lol!

Good on you Gelico!!!

You just keep giving him whatever he wants!!!

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:17 pm

DAY 2 OF THE RETURN - FRIDAY

very quiet slept pretty much all day.

gets 2 carers 4 times a day who come in gloved and masked up and are very very good with him.

mutterding about why his girlfriend hadn't come to visit

didnt eat much

very disturbed night.

we brought his double bed down stairs and i sleep with him and had to stop him keep trying to get out the bed. plus he was muttering away and pushing me couldn't sleep at all

ps thank you quill and tommy

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:38 pm

DAY 3 OF THE RETURN - SATURDAY

At about 4am i had to stop my dad trying to get out of bed again, insisting that he had to get ready for work.  (he hasn't work since the day he turned 65 and left furious with his company cos they stitched him up over his pension.
he always said he was determined to live till he was 110 just to make them pay for as long as possible.)  i was arguing with him saying ''you don't work anymore''.  he looked outraged  ''what do you mean i don't work?  I bloody well do work, every day.  get out of my way''

''no dad, you retired, remember?  now they have to pay you to just do nothing, remember?   it took a while for it to sink but then light dawned and a look of glee came over his face.  ''oh, yeah, course,,,,silly bugger that i am, hehehe  and **** to them'', demonstrating this with blowing a raspberry and sticking two fingers up. lolol  i must have finally crashed about 6 ish but then missed the carers.  they came back and all was well

during the lunch time visit they got him up on the zimmer frame and walked him up and down the front room twice before he sat down again.  was cute to see the look of achievement on his face.

still muttering about seeing his girlfriend and not comprehending fully why this couldn;'t happen

got put to bed by the carers about 9.30 after which i tried to relax. i had a bit of toast then  i had a shower and then dumped a carrier bag of fresh clothes for me on the armchair near me and made myself a cup of tea and decided to look at the laptop for a while

all of a sudden i heard a noise and looked up to see my dad had got out of bed all on his own and was standing in the double door entrance to his front room, with a triumphant look on his face.  I looked at him in shock and he flung his arms out and went TA DAAAA!!!!  like he just performed the world's best magic trick.

i totally freaked and jumped up, my cup of tea went flying up in the air and sort of spun round and splashed tea all into the open carrier bag of clothes and then clunked down in between the armchair and the sofa splashing the rest of it everywhere.

my dad hadn't even fucking noticed, he was too busy gazing round pleased with himself like he could hear some imaginary roar of applause

i made him get back in bed and told him it was 11pm night time

''oh, he said looking all disappointed.  ''i just thought i could have a cup of tea is all''

anyhoos he ended up back on the sofa drinking tea till about 1am but whatever

Last edited by gelico on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:42 pm

gelico wrote:DAY 3 OF THE RETURN - SATURDAY

At about 4am i had to stop my dad trying to get out of bed again, insisting that he had to get ready for work.  (he hasn't work since the day he turned 65 and left furious with his company cos they stitched him up over his pension.
he always said he was determined to live till he was 110 just to make them pay for as long as possible.)  i was arguing with him saying ''you don't work anymore''.  he looked outraged  ''what do you mean i don't work?  I bloody well do work, every day.  get out of my way''

''no dad, you retired, remember?  now they have to pay you to just do nothing, remember?   it took a while for it to sink but then light dawned and a look of glee came over his face.  ''oh, yeah, course,,,,silly bugger that i am, hehehe  and **** to them'', demonstrating this with blowing a raspberry and sticking two fingers up. lolol  i must have finally crashed about 6 ish but then missed the carers.  they came back and all was well

during the lunch time visit they got him up on the zimmer frame and walked him up and down the front room twice before he sat down again.  was cute to see the look of achievement on his face.

still muttering about seeing his girlfriend and not comprehending fully why this couldn;'t happen

got put to be by the carers about 9.30 after which i tried to relax. i had a bit of toast then  i had a shower and then dumped a carrier bag of fresh clothes for me on the armchair near me and made myself a cup of tea and decided to look at the laptop for a while

all of a sudden i heard a noise and looked up to see my dad had got out of bed all on his own and was standing in the double door entrance to his front room, with a triumphant look on his face.  I looked at him in shock and he flung his arms out and went TA DAAAA!!!!  like he just performed the world's best magic trick.

i totally freaked and jumped up, my cup of tea went flying up in the air and sort of spun round and splashed tea all into the open carrier bag of clothes and then clunked down in between the armchair and the sofa splashing the rest of it everywhere.

my dad hadn't even fucking noticed, he was too busy gazing round pleased with himself like he could hear some imaginary roar of applause

i made him get back in bed and told him it was 11pm night time

''oh, he said looking all disappointed.  ''i just thought i could have a cup of tea is all''

anyhoos he ended up back on the sofa drinking tea till about 1am but whatever

Sounds like you have live in entertainment. Wink

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:16 am

He’s a live wire for sure!

How are the kids doing?

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:40 pm

DAY 4 OF THE RETURN - SUNDAY

No sleep again, yet i must have dropped off cos i woke up to find my dad gone, missing out the bed

panicked mucho, ran outside, no dad, ran round the house, no dad, charged upstairs and there he was in his own bedroom searching in the wardrobe for a clean shirt

how the fuck he even got up the stairs is a mystery.

i was trying to get him down by walking backwards down the stairs with both arms held out (what good that would fucking do if he actually fell, i have no idea) when the carers turned up my dad was asleep again and i was near to tears just through lack of sleep and stress.

they just left us to sleep.

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:42 pm

DAY 5 - MONDAY

So much better today, very perky and cheeky to the carers

he had a conversation on the phone with his girlfriend

and another phone conversation with my elder brother

all good

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:46 pm

TUESDAY

Actually got to leave my dad for half an hour while i went to the shops. he understood that he couldn;'t get up and promised not to try.

it was heartwarming that although there wasn't many people about those that were all made a point of waving and smiling

had a phone conversation with my other brother and was quite coherent.

he has ditched the idea of using a zimmer frame and insisted he didnt need it when he went to the toilet. big mistake cos he used the towel rail to try and heave himself back up off the toilet and pulled the damn thing off the wall. surprised he didn't fall back and do himself a mischief.

he was ok but that's now something else to be fixed

FFS! only just starting to feel the effects of this situation now

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:51 pm

On day 2, it sounds like he had a urine infection Gelico. It would explain a great many things for the behaviour

Bless you though, as I am not sure many people would drop everything as you would to are for one of their elderly parents and even more through such trying times.

So much respect for you. When many palm their parents off onto homes and carers

You are an angel and care from the bottom of your heart

I know I should laugh at most of this based on your stories, but there is a part of me that is sad here also. That we have to watch those we have grown up loving and strong. Become ever so frail.

I hate that

I am simple glad, he has such a loving daughter to care for him.

Also happy he is a fighter and still is determined to be independent

Stay gold.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:04 am

Gelico, your posts about your dad are so bittersweet, the love you have shines through, but I know how hard it is to care for an aged and ill parent.
Try to look after yourself too ...it's not easy. x

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:21 am

SYL!!!

Thank you

So glad to see you again. I've missed you, woman

I love you

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:28 am

Thanks for the comments, didge

also, cass, kids are fine,

hoping i might see beanie today, it's her birthday

xx

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:34 pm

gelico wrote:

Thanks for the comments, didge

also, cass, kids are fine,

hoping i might see beanie today, it's her birthday

xx

I hope so. And wishing her a happy birthday xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:08 pm

so, things seemed to be improving. yesterday my dad was pottering around (when he was awake)at least enough to get himself from the bed to the sofa and from there to the toilet if need be and i was chuffed to bits

then this morning he was got up by carers washed and dressed etc, then i woke up and did him breakfast and cup of tea etc

at about 9.30 he decided to put himself back to bed so a little while after i actualluy woke him up specifically to tell him i had to go to the shops for a few bits and wouldnt be long and to stay there

when i came back (45 minutes later). he was coming out of the toilet all upset cos he had fallen over. he had a cut on the back of his head and also had smashed the front of his head cos his eyebrow was clustered with dried blood.

he obviously managed to get himself up again and get to the loo,,,
i managed to clean him up

he was confused and just kept saying ''silly old sod that i am''

hes ok and all but now, even though logic dictates that it wasn't down to me, i'm on a massive fucking guilt trip and can't stop crying feeling like it's all my fault for goint to the shops

help!!!

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by Star24 on Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:12 pm

You could do with some help until your
dad gets back on his feet.
Must be very hard for you both.

I don’t know your circumstances but maybe
getting word to his doctor to set the ball rolling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:03 pm

gelico wrote:

so, things seemed to be improving.  yesterday my dad was pottering around (when he was awake)at least enough to get himself from the bed to the sofa and from there to the toilet if need be and i was chuffed to bits

then this morning he was got up by carers washed and dressed etc, then i woke up and did him breakfast and cup of tea etc

at about 9.30 he decided to put himself back to bed so a little while after i actualluy woke him up specifically to tell him i had to go to the shops for a few bits and wouldnt be long and to stay there

when i came back (45 minutes later).  he was coming out of the toilet all upset cos he had fallen over.  he had a cut on the back of his head and also had smashed the front of his head cos his eyebrow was clustered with dried blood.

hes ok and all but now, even though logic dictates that it wasn't down to me,  i'm on a massive fucking guilt trip and can't stop crying feeling like it's all my fault for goint to the shops

help!!!

Oh honey. Not your fault. At all. You are managing best you can. You’re a superhero.

See if a neighbor or Beanie can do the shopping for a while and drop it off at the front door. Or try an online delivery service if you have it in your area.

I’m so sorry. I wish I could do more than write stupid words. Xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:46 pm

Cass wrote:
gelico wrote:

so, things seemed to be improving.  yesterday my dad was pottering around (when he was awake)at least enough to get himself from the bed to the sofa and from there to the toilet if need be and i was chuffed to bits

when i came back (45 minutes later).  he was coming out of the toilet all upset cos he had fallen over.  he had a cut on the back of his head and also had smashed the front of his head cos his eyebrow was clustered with dried blood.

hes ok and all but now, even though logic dictates that it wasn't down to me,  i'm on a massive fucking guilt trip and can't stop crying feeling like it's all my fault for goint to the shops

help!!!

Oh honey. Not your fault. At all. You are managing best you can. You’re a superhero.

See if a neighbor or Beanie can do the shopping for a while and drop it off at the front door. Or try an online delivery service if you have it in your area.

They are not stupid words, they say exactly what I would say to Gels.

Sadly guilt always comes when you are looking after an aged and poorly parent, you always think whatever goes wrong you could have prevented, but you are doing everything and more that you could possibly do. I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:59 pm

Cass wrote:
gelico wrote:

help!!!

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:10 pm

gelico wrote:

help!!!

Dedicated to you Gelico

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/9161/This-Little-Boy-Has-A-Message-For-Us-All-During-These-Difficult-Times

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:59 pm

Thinking of you Gels. You know where I am. X

eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:00 pm

my dad seemed to be improving.

today he had a phone call to his girlfriend, then one to my brother then one to my beanie.

he was on top form

then all of a sudden he had a massive seizure type thing, i've never experienced it before. he was shaking and twitching. ambulance folk came and got him. but obviously i can't visit or anything

feeling devastated right now

can't stay at my dad's on my own, cos i'll just go raving mad

going home to be with my kids

stay safe y'all

xx

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:02 pm

gelico wrote:

today he had a phone call to his girlfriend, then one to my brother then one to my beanie.

he was on top form

then all of a sudden he had a massive seizure type thing, i've never experienced it before. he was shaking and twitching.  ambulance folk came and got him.  but obviously i can't visit or anything

can't stay at my dad's on my  own, cos i'll just go raving mad

stay safe y'all

xx

Oh love. I’m sorry. You are going through such a shitty time. I’m hoping he’s ok. Keep us posted. Go home and squeeze the hell out of your kids xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:22 pm

gelico wrote:

he was on top form

then all of a sudden he had a massive seizure type thing, i've never experienced it before. he was shaking and twitching.  ambulance folk came and got him.  but obviously i can't visit or anything

stay safe y'all

xx

I understand Gelico

Your sanity is paramount here.

I am sorry he is going through this and wish I could do more

Clearly you need a break

Its fine that you need this and never feel guilty for doing so

Stay gold

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:44 pm

gelico wrote:

he was on top form

stay safe y'all

xx

You are going thru hell. I feel your confusion. All our love goes out to you, gelico.

Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:26 am

Gelico, I truly feel for you and sincerely hope your dad will be OK.
I wish there was something to say that could help, just know that people care about you and hate that you and your dad are going through this right now.
Take care .x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:34 am

Syl wrote:Gelico, I truly feel for you and sincerely hope your dad will be OK.
I wish there was something to say that could help, just know that people care about you and hate that you and your dad are going through this right now.
Take care .x

I agree. It’s a hard thing to go through.

eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:48 pm

Had notification this morning that my dad is stable. he had seizures before and they put him on anti seizure medicine but he had to come off it as it was making him depressed and aggressive.

looks like they'll have to do a bit of trial and error with other meds and there are plenty out there.

was a rather horrid experience but to be honest it gave me the opportunity to go home and spend much needed time with my kids

#everycloud

thank you so much for your posts, everyone, especially from one who i'm so often at loggerheads with (quill)

i dont even have the words to express how heart warming and comforting it was to read all your messages, social media can be fantastic

thank you again

xxxx

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:51 pm

gelico wrote:

Had notification this morning that my dad is stable.  he had seizures before and they put him on anti seizure medicine but he had to come off it as it was making him depressed and aggressive.

looks like they'll have to do a bit of trial and error with other meds and there are plenty out there.

was a rather horrid experience but to be honest it gave me the opportunity to go home and spend much needed time with my kids

#everycloud

thank you so much for your posts, everyone, especially from one who i'm so often at loggerheads with (quill)

i dont even have the words to express how heart warming and comforting it was to read all your messages,  social media can be fantastic

thank you again

xxxx

Good to know he is stable xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:51 am

Man, what I wouldn't give to have someone looking out for me when I get depressed and aggressive  Laughing Laughing Laughing

– George Bernard Shaw
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:25 pm

Gelico, your dad is going through it at the moment, but how lucky is he to have you to watch out for him. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:46 pm

gelico wrote:thank you so much for your posts, everyone, especially from one who i'm so often at loggerheads with (quill)

That's just disagreements and politics. We all have a more basic luv for one another.

Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum