NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG?

+10
Cass
eddie
Maddog
Vintage
nicko
Original Quill
JulesV
'Wolfie
Eilzel
gelico
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG? Empty HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG?

Post by gelico Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:10 pm

so there is so much discussion going on about this, how do you guys feel about this situation

The way I see it, any royal except the main crown takers are bound to feel like a bit of a spare part, who are they? what do they do?  what is their actual role?  how much money do they receive, etc etc

i do feel a bit sorry for meghan being a total outsider, she doesn't have the first idea about the royal family and how it works and i think she was warned by friends don't do it.  having ditched her family, she now has no one she can really confide in except close friends and she feels unwanted.

on the other hand Harry should have had the decency to not go public until talks had been completed.

also heard comments that for harry and megan go off and create brand sussex and make a fortune off the back of their titles but without any of the royal responsibility would be totally wrong

some really sad comments that the brothers are almost estranged over this and they've always been so close

comments?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG? Empty Re: HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG?

Post by Eilzel Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:17 pm

I think we can't really know what is said behind closed doors.

As Australia burns, America and Iran boil over, and after Andrew got WAY less grief for doing something much worse (i.e. actually very, very bad), it is astonishing how Harry and Meghan are being attacked.

And considering the press assault they've had I can't blame them for turning their backs on royal life.

They made a choice, no one's life is destroyed by it. It isn't good or bad, it just 'is'.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG? Empty Re: HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG?

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:18 pm

Cool

The only "wrong" that I see there, is the behaviour of the British gutter 'press', and their pathetic excuses for pretend 'journalists' the likes of that oxygen thief total zero Piers Morgan...

With their reprehensible poor behaviour, and racist and nationalist dog whistling, starting well before Harry & Meghan even announced their engagement..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:51 pm

+1 for Wolfie.

I suspect poor Megs has a touch of post natal depression. There is no logic to PND. Being emotionally, financially and spiritually "secure" does not protect a woman from PND. As it's a biochemical problem. The sharp post-pregnancy  drop in hormone levels - affects the terminals and electrical connections in the brain. This affects some women more than others.

I luv both of them to bits & their little boy Archie is such a sweetie. lovey eyes Good luck to them in all their future endeavours, whatever they decide.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:08 pm

'Wolfie wrote:Cool

The only "wrong" that I see there, is the behaviour of the British gutter 'press', and their pathetic excuses for pretend 'journalists' the likes of that oxygen thief total zero Piers Morgan...

i recently saw a comparison in news headlines

one was showing kate middleton heavily pregnant with the words like ''kate tenderly cradles her bump''

one was showing meghan makle heavily pregnant with words like ''why can't she leave her bump alone''

that may not be exactly right but there was a clear bias and things like that are just toxic and spiteful. i can't argue with that.

they have been very unfair to her and kate middleton is always portrayed as madam perfect so no wonder she felt a bit sidelined and unwanted.

that being said, there have been many reports of her ditching nearly everyone she used to know and ex staff members reporting that she behaves like an entitled diva superstar which never goes down well.

i just honestly think that she may well be right for harry but she's certainly not right for the royal family.

@ les, also agree with you in that the behaviour of harry's uncle pervy was much more grim and sinister and newsworthy than anything the sussexes have done

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:20 pm

The Queen always treated Harry & Megs decently and fairly.   But large sections of press and media have been consistently vicious towards them. The daily mail in particular has been an utter disgrace in the way they targetted her and always whipped up their hate-fuelled readers into an anti-Meghan frenzy.  Not that the readers needed much encouragement. Laughing

There is absolutely nothing that H & M have done that other senior royals have not also done. Eg there was outrage when M edited a glossy magazine as a one-off  …. people complained that she was cheapening the royal image by doing so. And when she & Harry used private jets they called them hypocrites.

BUT then other senior royals (Charles, Wiliam, Kate and others) have also edited magazines AND also used private jets while warning  people about high carbon footprints. It's only when Megs does these things that people complain. When the other royals do the same, people say nowt.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:27 pm

It's actually hilarious watching the 101 bogus excuses haters come up with, to justify criticising M, when in fact the plain unvarnished truth is that they simply never accepted her, period. She has her faults but she's not a wicked witch either, - far from it,  she's just an ordinary human being with good & bad traits like everyone else.

Come clean media guys, your pathetic excuses don't wash,  your nasty elitist agenda has always been obvious from day one. HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG? 3489511464

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:50 pm

I double down on the comments here made about the crisis created by Andrew. Why be so hard on Meagan and Harry, yet let dad's brother pork little underaged girls? Could it be because Andrew kept it in the family, while Meg and Harry want to expand the boundaries?

The simple fact is that Meghan and Harry have taken the family bi-coastal, in the Atlantic sense. Half of them is American, and perhaps that is what attracted Harry. She makes an elegant (American…shhhh) princess. I don't think Harry is rejecting the Royal Family, so much as the Royal Family is resisting any inclusion of what is perceived as an outsider.

What counts? Sticking to Royal form, while porking little female children on the side; or true love of a person, who happens to be an outlander, who may bring some of her background with her? Seems to me there is some torturing of values here.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:57 pm

What Meghan wants, Meghan gets,Harry is, to quote an American expression Pussie Whipped!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:12 pm

nicko wrote: What Meghan wants, Meghan gets,Harry is, to quote an American expression Pussie Whipped!

I'd bet anything that's a damned lie. Harry never spoke those words.

He served on the front line in a war zone for 2 years.
His army mates commented on his fearless attitude. He's not pussy whipped ………..

.......  he adores his wife, that's all. Nowt wrong with that. flower

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:40 pm

nicko wrote: What Meghan wants, Meghan gets,Harry is, to quote an American expression Pussie Whipped!

I've seen no indication of that whatsoever. Any change in Harry is a matter of reorientation from single, to married life. He realizes he has to take account of two wills, rather than simply one.

It's a life he chose, so presumably he fancies the lifestyle as much as his wife.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:47 pm

Many people, from the reception they had were very happy to see Meghan coming into the Royal Family, who in turn seemed to welcome her. Yes, she's from a different culture and anyone with half a brain would expect mistakes to be made, after all you don't just forget your own cultural upbringing but there is a certain expectation to adapt, that can't be done quickly. We have a US marchioness and a Countess of African birth (I think that's the titles or maybe the other way around) why a Duchess of Sussex would be lamblasted for racial reasons I don't know. Mary of Denmark is Australian, she had a rough ride in the beginning, yet she has adapted to what is apparently a very rigid court
and not only fitted into a different culture but learned another language. Princess Charlene appears to have adapted to Royal life in Monaco, I'm sure it wasn't easy.
The only difference between them and Meghan as far as I can see is that they are married to the Crown Prince and the Ruling Prince.
I was very happy for Harry when it was announced he'd found his life partner but I'm afraid I found on seeing the engagement and other photos and news clips that Meghan seemed fake. All the hanging on and the steadfast adoring gaze was, well, Hollywood, anyway they wanted to be together so why not. Then we had the preaching about what we should do and it all began to fall apart for the ordinary people, even those of us who don't read the tabloids. I don't see how they can be happy in the R.F. having to open boring things, speak to boring people and smile all the while only getting a measly few million to live on each year while in the US they could pull in $500 million on deals. They seem to prefer to be celebs rather than royals.
That said if they have no wish to be part of the Firm fair enough, they should leave and carve out a life for themselves but not using their titles and connections. I wish them luck and happiness, I think Harry especially will need it.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:33 pm

That's my take on it as well Vintage !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:37 pm

Rolling Eyes

Never seen you write such nasty comments about Kate, have we flicko,  you supercilious old fool...

Oh,   that's right..       
Kate's English.     And white..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:05 am

HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG? Fb_img39
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:07 am

Vintage wrote:That said if they have no wish to be part of the Firm fair enough, they should leave and carve out a life for themselves but not using their titles and connections. I wish them luck and happiness, I think Harry especially will need it.

They will be fine, whether in Canada or the US. Wish them well and then leave them alone.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:47 am

Maddog wrote:HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG? Fb_img39
king king

I thought Andrew and Fergie were already doing a good job of that, with the previous generation...

Oh, that's right..

Fergie's Scottish.     And white..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:27 am

Wolfie, are you accusing me of being racist ? you thick Aussie twat. Kate has not put a foot wrong . Meghan might be classed as Black ,looks White to me. I wish I could send you Photo's of my Daughters kids, they are Black, so is my Grandaughter and her kids. Wind your Neck in you Wanker, [I can give insults as well] !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:55 am

Obviously some people are selective with their memories as to the headlines and the talk around when Fergie stepped out of line and what still gets said now. How about the years of Waity Katie then all the 'what does she do questions. just after they were married. Sophie Wessex was lambasted for trying to look like Diana and trying continue to work. Racism has little to do with it the main problem is attitude for most people.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:17 am

Original Quill wrote:
Vintage wrote:That said if they have no wish to be part of the Firm fair enough, they should leave and carve out a life for themselves but not using their titles and connections. I wish them luck and happiness, I think Harry especially will need it.

They will be fine, whether in Canada or the US.  Wish them well and then leave them alone.
Quill, I'm happy to leave them alone, if they wish to be private citizens, however they have plans to keep and use their royal status for personal gain. Are you happy to pay for their security out of your taxes?
It is looking as though all this was planned years ago. ArchieHarrison.com had a site registered before he was born, in fact before he was apparently conceived.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:14 pm

Vintage wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

They will be fine, whether in Canada or the US.  Wish them well and then leave them alone.
Quill, I'm happy to leave them alone, if they wish to be private citizens, however they have plans to keep and use their royal status for personal gain. Are you happy to pay for their security out of your taxes?
It is looking as though all this was planned years  ago. ArchieHarrison.com had a site registered before he was born, in fact before he was apparently conceived.

The Royal Family--in this regard--is none of your business.  They are valued only as a public relations organization for Britain.  They have lives apart from your (or my) opinion--don't we all--and they are entitled to them.

Harry wants to resign from corporate office--as you earlier put it--and he has certain separation and buy-out clauses that must be honored.  It's not my money; it's not my business.  Most of his support comes from his father's estate or trust, let them negotiate the result.

As far as his legacy as a Royal is concerned, that resides in the opinions and feelings of Brits and other on-lookers.  It’s the Brits' habit for that kind of cocaine, and nothing of Harry and Meghans’ doing.  If people want to pay good money to attend a ball and meet the prince and princess, who am I to tell them what to do?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:26 pm

of course they can please themselves, if they don't want a royal life good luck to them. the problem is the way they've gone about it and the fact that they will use the 'Sussex Royal' for monetary gain. This was on the cards from day one though. The Duchy of Cornwall is not his private estate, it is for his upkeep as heir to the throne, and will when he becomes king pass to the next heir to the throne, as the Duchy of Lancaster is for the upkeep of the current monarch but isn't theirs, as with Buckingham Palace etc. The queen has private estates, Charles has private residences in England, Scotland and Wales, two that he purchased himself and one he inherited from his grandmother which she had purchased. The crown and aristocratic families have their own monies from running various estates, the money to run the monarchy is what the parliament and therefore the people grant them.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:43 pm

Vintage wrote:of course they can please themselves, if they don't want a royal life good luck to them. the problem is the way they've gone about it and the fact that they will use the 'Sussex Royal' for monetary gain. This was on the cards from day one though. The Duchy of Cornwall is not his private estate, it is for his upkeep as heir to the throne, and will when he becomes king pass to the next heir to the throne, as the Duchy of Lancaster is for the upkeep of the current monarch but isn't theirs, as with Buckingham Palace etc. The queen has private estates, Charles has private residences in England, Scotland and Wales, two that he purchased himself and one he inherited from his grandmother which she had purchased. The crown and aristocratic families have their own monies from running various estates, the money to run the monarchy is what the parliament and therefore the people grant them.

But the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are not really selling the Duchy of Sussex.  They are offering up what will satisfy the cravings of Brits and other interested parties.

I mentioned the analogy to cocaine, not to be cruel, but to note the similarity between this and the drug market.  Drugs would not sell if there were not a demand for them.  Likewise, the Duke and Duchess would not sell if there were not a demand for them.  The fault dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:06 pm

Leave them be. Let them live their lives exactly how they want to.

That’s my view.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 pm

Oh never mind. it doesn't Basically and I'm fed up of trying to explain the difference between senior royals accepted behaviour and celebrities.
Basically they want the money that can be generated by their royal ties, why make do with a few million a year when you can sell goods,
have a trust where you get away with 95 % of the profits and you give just 5% to a worthy cause. Depending where you register it it never needs to be audited either. Endorse goods and services and potentially get $500 a year.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:00 am

I'll take their deal and all the abuse that comes with it. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:53 am

+1

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:41 pm

Idea

$500 million a year in endorsements  ??

I'd like to see that..

Michael Jordan wass the highest earning "celelebrity" out there, with his payments topping out near $200 million a year at their peak.  Even though now retired, his annual payments from Nike are still reported to be over $100 million annually.  He was expected to become the first sports star to pass a $billion$ in endorsements..

Lebron James is supposedly set to eventually become #1 amongst the sports celebrities, after signing a lifetime deal with Nike worth $1 billion..

Harry and Meghan might be able to pull in $10s of millions$ annually if they shamelessly traded on their combined celebrity,  but getting "$500 million" a year would mean blowing all past records out of the water...

David Beckham's $160 million from Adidas was over 5 years --  that's $32 million/year.. He is still supposed to be receiving $15 million though, plus other endorsements..

George Clooney makes $tens of millions$ each year from promoting coffee.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:52 pm

Oh its coming down, its $400 million today.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Vintage wrote:Oh its coming down, its $400 million today.

It's what people want to pay for. Supply and demand...it's just market theory at work.

Most of the Royals are stiff, bald, goose-necked Germans. Harry and Meghan are an adorable couple, with her cute smile and his precious, scruffy appeal. You just wanna hug them.

It's her prior life in public entertainment. She is familiar with turning public appeal into a market. Plus, Harry has always had a knack for boyish charisma and charm. North America is the land of opportunity...let them take flight.

And beautiful Canada in the bargain. What better way to show off the Commonwealth...a British creation. Wink Think of it. It's a win-win for the Royals, as well as H&M.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:22 pm

HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG? Fb_img40
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Maddog wrote:HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG? Fb_img40

Nah, he's not a lawyer, and $50,000/mo. would be huge drop for him.  Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:19 am

He has spoken on countless numbers of times about how the press killed his mother and made her life and his father’s miserable. The British press has a good reputation but is also horrendous how they tear down any type of prominent person. I was amazed by this when I moved there in 1984. Social media has made this intense scrutiny even worse. The British tabloids like to perpetuate a endless cycle of someone vs someone else. That’s how they sell news. So she’s an actress. Big deal. So was Princess Grace. Life happens. She has brought him much happiness, you can actually see it radiate from him, and that is what is important. I totally understand how they are reacting, especially Harry, after what has been said about them and him all of his life. Imagine constantly having that your father is not your father thrown in your face and the awful things said about your family on a daily basis. Pussy whipped? Disgusting thing to be said about someone who has served his country in many ways.

Kate is on the pedestal now but she was hammered before as was Sophie (who got caught trying to sell access to the Queen), Sarah, Diana, Margaret, Princess Michael. They’ve all made mistakes. It’s as if people expect them to become more than human if they marry into the RF. But with the arrival of Meghan, racism reared it’s ugly head along with all the other arrows.

People forget that Charles has long been proposing a pared down royal family. This is the next logical step. If they make money on their brand so what? What do you think Duchy Originals is it the Buckingham Palace shop is about? Yet I don’t hear anyone screaming about that now. It all reeks of sour grapes. If Charles continues to support them for a while on the Duchy income then fine. It’s his to do with as he pleases. People forget that the Crown Grant and various Duchy incomes are of signify less value than what the whole of the Crown Estates bring in, so are people willing to go back to that? Doubt it.

In my opinion, these discussions have been ongoing or a while. Only somebody behind the scenes got offered a whole lot of dosh to leak and they were forced to go public and bring the discussions out into the public arena before they had made any final decisions. Watching the news I find it so hypocritical that such commentators as Dickie Arbiter, former press secretary to the Queen has condemned H&M while he himself broke the agreement he had and wrote a book and made a profit of off the crown. Also the media reporters who make a living off of reporting mostly bogus “heard from close/palace sources “ stories about the Toyals complaining.

I feel desperately sorry for anyone having to live that kind of life. Princes as well as commoners fall in love. How would anyone else from the general public like being told they can or cannot marry a certain someone they love?

What we pay in actuality for the RF is pennies. Last i read it was about £1 and change per year. I’m certain we pay a lot more for keeping prisoners in jail, you know, people who have actually committed horrendous crimes.

I stand behind them and wish them noting but peace, love and happiness in their forward journey.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:31 am

Cass wrote:He has spoken on countless numbers of times about how the press killed his mother and made her life and his father’s miserable. The British press has a good reputation but is also horrendous how they tear down any type of prominent person. I was amazed by this when I moved there in 1984. Social media has made this intense scrutiny even worse. The British tabloids like to perpetuate a endless cycle of someone vs someone else. That’s how they sell news. So she’s an actress. Big deal. So was Princess Grace. Life happens. She has brought him much happiness, you can actually see it radiate from him, and that is what is important. I totally understand how they are reacting, especially Harry, after what has been said about them and him all of his life. Imagine constantly having that your father is not your father thrown in your face and the awful things said about your family on a daily basis. Pussy whipped? Disgusting thing to be said about someone who has served his country in many ways.

Kate is on the pedestal now but she was hammered before as was Sophie (who got caught trying to sell access to the Queen), Sarah, Diana, Margaret, Princess Michael. They’ve all made mistakes. It’s as if people expect them to become more than human if they marry into the RF. But with the arrival of Meghan, racism reared it’s ugly head along with all the other arrows.

People forget that Charles has long been proposing a pared down royal family. This is the next logical step. If they make money on their brand so what? What do you think Duchy Originals is it the Buckingham Palace shop is about? Yet I don’t hear anyone screaming about that now. It all reeks of sour grapes. If Charles continues to support them for a while on the Duchy income then fine. It’s his to do with as he pleases. People forget that the Crown Grant and various Duchy incomes are of signify less value than what the whole of the Crown Estates bring in, so are people willing to go back to that? Doubt it.

In my opinion, these discussions have been ongoing or a while. Only somebody behind the scenes got offered a whole lot of dosh to leak and they were forced to go public and bring the discussions out into the public arena before they had made any final decisions. Watching the news I find it so hypocritical that such commentators as Dickie Arbiter, former press secretary to the Queen has condemned H&M while he himself broke the agreement he had and wrote a book and made a profit of off the crown. Also the media reporters who make a living off of reporting mostly bogus “heard from close/palace sources “ stories about the Toyals complaining.

I feel desperately sorry for anyone having to live that kind of life. Princes as well as commoners fall in love. How would anyone else from the general public like being told they can or cannot marry a certain someone they love?

What we pay in actuality for the RF is pennies. Last i read it was about £1 and change per year. I’m certain we pay a lot more for keeping prisoners in jail, you know, people who have actually committed horrendous crimes.

I stand behind them and wish them noting but peace, love and happiness in their forward journey.

Hear hear!
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Cass wrote:He has spoken on countless numbers of times about how the press killed his mother and made her life and his father’s miserable. The British press has a good reputation but is also horrendous how they tear down any type of prominent person. I was amazed by this when I moved there in 1984. Social media has made this intense scrutiny even worse. The British tabloids like to perpetuate a endless cycle of someone vs someone else. That’s how they sell news. So she’s an actress. Big deal. So was Princess Grace. Life happens. She has brought him much happiness, you can actually see it radiate from him, and that is what is important. I totally understand how they are reacting, especially Harry, after what has been said about them and him all of his life. Imagine constantly having that your father is not your father thrown in your face and the awful things said about your family on a daily basis. Pussy whipped? Disgusting thing to be said about someone who has served his country in many ways.

Do you think the press will be less interested in them now? They are sorta in a catch 22. At least Harry. The only way he really makes a living is by capitalizing on his Royal lineage. That will put him right back in the limelight.

I guess he could go to auto mechanic school and get a job at the the local GM dealership?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:39 pm

Maddog wrote:

Do you think the press will be less interested in them now? They are sorta in a catch 22. At least Harry.  The only way he really makes a living is by capitalizing on his Royal lineage. That will put him right back in the limelight.  

I guess he could go to auto mechanic school and get a job at the the local GM dealership?
Wrong, wrong, wrong. As a prince of the United Kingdom he is NOT allowed to make an money thru this way. He has an army pension and he inherited a substantial legacy from his mum. Plus he gets a big fat monthly sum from his Billionaire dad who owns the "Dutchy of Cornwall" which actually spreads beyond Cornwall [dads do not usually fund their offspring but in the royal family the rules are different].

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:53 pm

Cass wrote:He has spoken on countless numbers of times about how the press killed his mother and made her life and his father’s miserable. The British press has a good reputation but is also horrendous how they tear down any type of prominent person. I was amazed by this when I moved there in 1984. Social media has made this intense scrutiny even worse. The British tabloids like to perpetuate a endless cycle of someone vs someone else That’s how they sell news. So she’s an actress. Big deal. So was Princess Grace. Life happens. She has brought him much happiness, you can actually see it radiate from him, and that is what is important. I totally understand how they are reacting, especially Harry, after what has been said about them and him all of his life. Imagine constantly having that your father is not your father thrown in your face and the awful things said about your family on a daily basis. Pussy whipped? Disgusting thing to be said about someone who has served his country in many ways.

In my opinion, these discussions have been ongoing or a while. Only somebody behind the scenes got offered a whole lot of dosh to leak and they were forced to go public and bring the discussions out into the public arena before they had made any final decisions. Watching the news I find it so hypocritical that such commentators as Dickie Arbiter, former press secretary to the Queen has condemned H&M while he himself broke the agreement he had and wrote a book and made a profit of off the crown. Also the media reporters who make a living off of reporting mostly bogus “heard from close/palace sources stories about the royals complaining.

What we pay in actuality for the RF is pennies . Last i read it was about £1 and change per year. I’m certain we pay a lot more for keeping prisoners in jail, you know, people who have actually committed horrendous crimes.

I stand behind them and wish them nothing but peace, love and happiness in their forward journey.

Oh what a beautiful, well written post, Cass. For my money you are one of our best members here.  cheers

BIB1 spot on: Pitting people against each other is their notorious MO "our lovey Kate has never put a foot wrong, not like that wicked american witch Meghan"

BIB2 reporters have openly said that 'sources' regularly whisper stuff to them. For a fistful of dollars, no doubt.  How the hell do we know if a word of what is whispered by these bitter maverick royal courtiers is true???   HARRY AND MEGHAN,,,,,,RIGHT OR WRONG? 2190311264 The reporters themselves like to create stories out of thin air then claim that "close sources" whispered the story to them.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:17 pm

JulesV wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Do you think the press will be less interested in them now? They are sorta in a catch 22. At least Harry.  The only way he really makes a living is by capitalizing on his Royal lineage. That will put him right back in the limelight.  

Wrong, wrong, wrong. As a prince of the United Kingdom he is NOT allowed to make an money thru this way. He has an army pension and he inherited a substantial legacy from his mum. Plus he gets a big fat monthly sum from his Billionaire dad who owns the "Dutchy of Cornwall" which actually spreads beyond Cornwall [dads do not usually fund their offspring but in the royal family the rules are different].

Isn't he about to be a former Prince?

Let's say he makes a speech and gets paid for it.

Why would anyone pay him for a speech?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:21 pm

JulesV wrote:
Maddog wrote:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/14/how-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-could-make-millions.html

Not wrong.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:49 pm

I don't think they will necessarily be capitalizing on his Royal lineage.  Meghan has an acting career and Harry has his own appeal, now quite apart from the Royal connection.

People magazine wrote:

People wrote:According to a May 2019 piece from Money, Meghan, 38, has a net worth was estimated to be around $5 million thanks to her work on Suits and previous acting jobs. Harry, 35, is pegged to have a net worth between $25 and $40 million, a piece of which Forbes reports is the royal family’s net worth of $88 billion.

Looking to now chart their own destiny, [Trish] Regan says the world-famous couple can easily “grow that wealth” by creating their own personal brand.

“They have a solid brand. It’s important that they keep their brand intact,” the FOX Business host says of couple’s beloved “wholesome family image” she believes they can market. “Opportunities that I think would be perhaps more long-lasting for them would be the creation of a brand or endorsing a certain product, or if they license their name to certain products. You can look at the success, for example, of the Kardashians, a different kind of brand, and you can look at the success of a Jessica Alba and the Honest Company.”

It's useful to think of it in terms of ‘brands”.  The Royal brand might have helped the pair get noticed—Harry in particular—but the pair has since become quite popular, independent of the Royal connection.  You might say Harry & Meghan’s brand has superseded the Royal brand.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:11 am

Maddog wrote:
JulesV wrote:

Cool

Why would anyone pay Harry for a speech...

Think of the various groups he is already connected to :  Invictus,  other military-centric charities, Commonwealth Games, Soccer clubs and comp's, African development charities and others that he inherited his patronage with,from his mum..

Being a prince, he might not be able to profit directly --  and so could donate speaking fees back to said charity, still picking up a tax dedeuction in return;  while at the same time being "paid in kind" and receiving transport, accommodation, etc.

And all the while adding even further to that 'brand' attraction for him and his missus.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:39 pm

Meghan is a beautiful, intelligent and independent woman. That’s why Harry married her.

Good luck to them both.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:23 pm

What Sussex Royal isn't a brand now?
I don't know what the red tops say I haven't read any of those for many years, I wouldn't touch them with surgical gloves. I have no idea what the letter said either but these kind of papers exaggerate to ridiculous degrees.
Most people, who had any interest, were happy that Harry found his life partner. People reckoned Meghan broke minor protocols, which isn't necessarily terrible but it does point to attitude. Anyone with half a brain would realise American and British cultures although similar are quite different in many ways, people were happy to give a bit of lea way here on both sides. Putting all the stories aside like the staffing problems, the secret journal and being found wandering around the areas of Buckingham Palace that even the family don't go to unless invited (Queens private wing) with a camera, I don't know if they are true or not but why make such stuff up knowing it'll make such waves.
The sister and brother said a lot of vindictive stuff but there does seem to be a common thread running through the narrative of using people and discarding them so that's not a crime either.
I was uneasy from the engagement interview, something a bit off about her - fake but a lot of people feel this and if that's their feeling on the matter and they feel justified as with things like the game playing with the birth of Archie, there's a big difference between privacy and secrecy, they are entitled to their opinions. All they had to do was announce the child's birth officially and that's all if that's how they wanted it. We have no need to know anything else but the basics. They seemed to take pleasure in keeping things from the press but only put the backs up of the general public who may be nosey but because they love and support the royal family love to hear the happy news as if it was their own family, you know how people go crazy and send in gifts by the lorry load.
Anyway I hope they find peace and happiness.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:02 pm

Vintage wrote:I was uneasy from the engagement interview, something a bit off about her - fake but a lot of people feel this and if that's their feeling on the matter and they feel justified as with things like the game playing with the birth of Archie, there's a big difference between privacy and secrecy, they are entitled to their opinions. All they had to do was announce the child's birth officially and that's all if that's how they wanted it. We have no need to know anything else but the basics. They seemed to take pleasure in keeping things from the press but only put the backs up of the general public who may be nosey but because they love and support the royal family love to hear the happy news as if it was their own family, you know how people go crazy and send in gifts by the lorry load.

As I read your post, I can't help but muse over what must people have thought when princes and kings married people from different cultures in the past.  I know that the German kings (from George Louis) and queens (Victoria and Elizabeth II) selected their consorts from the German pool.  Smart...for the reasons you mention.

But going back...Edward I to Eleanor of Castile; Edward II to Isabella of France; Richard II to Anne of Bohemia; Mary I to Phillip II of Spain; James I to Anne of Denmark, Charles I to Henrietta of France?  There must have been loads of culture shock for each of them.

They didn't have press coverage like we do, but can you imagine the horrors when Mary Stuart first held Mass at Holyrood House?  There were riots.

My point is, these sort of culture shocks must have gone on all the time.  It's no different today.  Meghan, at least, speaks English as her first language, and shares some customs with Brits (Christmas, New Years, Easter, Veterans day, etc).  They overcame it in the past, and so can the latest crop.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:16 pm

The culture shocks were definitely there and many of the spouses- usually women had a very hard time adjusting and not only spouses coming to Britain, it could be shocking for many in all countries, which is one reason many children promised in royal and noble marriages were sent at a young age to their husband/wives land to grow up with them and acclimatise to that countries court customs.
Marie Antoinette was taken at a specially built house where she was completely divested of her Austrian clothing and dressed in French garments before stepping onto French soil officially, she was to retain nothing Austrian including her dog.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 pm

Maddog wrote:
JulesV wrote:

Because of his priceless contacts. I think can command top dollar if they seek it.
And him stepping down as a senior royal does not mean totally cutting loose from his family. Whatever happens, his dad will continue to fund him. More money falls out of his dad's trouser pockets on to the back of the sofa per week than most people earn in a year. Laughing I very much doubt they will have any future money problems, whatever happens.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:25 am

JulesV wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Because of his priceless contacts. I think can command top dollar if they seek it.
And him stepping down as a senior royal does not mean totally cutting loose from his family. Whatever happens, his dad will continue to fund him. More money falls out of his dad's trouser pockets on to the back of the sofa per week than most people earn in a year. Laughing  I very much doubt they will have any future money problems, whatever happens.

All of his contacts are because he is royalty. He's not just some red headed dude from Scotland.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:26 am

I mean, if we want to get serious, why are we discussing this couple from the UK who are moving to Canada?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:06 am

Maddog wrote:
I mean, if we want to get serious, why are we discussing this couple from the UK who are moving to Canada?
king    king

It's a welcome distraction from BoJo's stalled Brexit strategies,  and the looming meltdowns for Britain's economy, culture and "civilisation as we know it"..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:12 pm

'Wolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:
king    king

It's a welcome distraction from BoJo's stalled Brexit strategies,  and the looming meltdowns for Britain's economy, culture and "civilisation as we know it"..

Hear, hear!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next