NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donald Trump Vent Thread

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Empty Donald Trump Vent Thread

Post by Lurker on Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trump138

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Donald Trump Vent Thread

Post by Lurker on Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:20 am

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1249

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:36 am

Hey Lurk, what about this. Trump has created a strong economy with 6 million jobs for Women and Hispanics,,with black youth employment at an all time high,pulled American Soldiers out of harms way ! why don't you mention this ?
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:57 am

Our scum president works for any scum who needs him..

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trump140

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:58 am

nicko wrote:Hey Lurk, what about this. Trump has created a strong economy with 6 million jobs for Women and Hispanics,,with black youth employment at an all time high,pulled American Soldiers out of harms way ! why don't you mention this ?

because it's utter bullshit...

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:I liked it.  Lurker understands America's dilemma.  America is turning into a third-world cesspool.  Even if we get Trump out of there, the precedents will remain forever.  Sure as shit, someone is going to come along and argue that separation of powers belongs to history; or that the Department of Justice is the President's personal attorney.  As  WH chief-of-staff, Mick Mulvaney said: GET OVER IT!!

I thought the 'National Emergency' trick was pretty neat.  Just confiscate funds from the military, and Voilà...here comes the American version of the NHS.  Ignoring Congress and Obstruction of Justice are close seconds.  Pocketing a $-half-billion intended for another country could make one happy.  And you've gotta admit, caging children is the closest thing to slavery since it's been outlawed.  And to finish off: PARDONS for everyone.

cheers

I'm sure you did like it Quill; after all, it's pretty evident that you, too, believe that if a surgeon conducted a craniotomy on Trump he would find only a turd.

I wouldn't go that far, though I agree that such a procedure might not discover anything of significance in the left prefrontal, temporal and parietal cortices of the brain from which our normal intelligence functions are controlled.

However, my point was simply an expression of mild exasperation that in a discussion group such as this, a perfectly valid point should be answered by yet more memes that hardly address the topic rather than in actual words.

I know that memes have a place in the social media because they are intended to influence (in which role they play exactly the same part as cartoons in 18th and 19th century news sheets and pamphlets, the topic of a modest monologue that I wrote in my time as a visiting tutor in journalism) but Lurrker's offerings can hardly claim to achieve the same standards of intellectual wit.

Perhaps that's why he calls his thread a rant - a high-flown, extravagant, bombastic utterance and a piece of turgid declamation, according to the Shorter Oxford Dictionary! Twisted Evil
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Barr_u10

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:46 pm

Lurker wrote:
nicko wrote:Hey Lurk, what about this. Trump has created a strong economy with 6 million jobs for Women and Hispanics,,with black youth employment at an all time high,pulled American Soldiers out of harms way ! why don't you mention this ?

Or too inconvenient a truth?

I would be the first to admit that I wouldn't know, but you yourself don't appear to be offering very much by way of contradiction.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Lurker, if it's bullshit ,explain why,just saying bullshit without explanation is pathetic, By the way , I don't give a shit about Trump, just wanted to balance your rant with another opinion !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:51 pm

Lurker wrote:

The "strong economy" that Trump has created is only for the Rich.

Yes, he keeps pointing to the New York stock market, as if the homeless and unemployed trade in stocks and bonds.  He points to reduced unemployment, but only in low paying, low quality jobs, recreating the slave-like conditions we saw in the south in 1840.  No mention, of course, is made of the rising cost of living and choking inflation, leaving the poor and middle class in a net loss position.  Ever so steadily, the 1% move in to take ownership of 99% of the assets.

This is your strong economy argument.  The rich get richer, and the poor get children.

"What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars (1993).

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:43 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I liked it. Lurker understands America's dilemma. America is turning into a third-world cesspool. Even if we get Trump out of there, the precedents will remain forever. Sure as shit, someone is going to come along and argue that separation of powers belongs to history; or that the Department of Justice is the President's personal attorney. As WH chief-of-staff, Mick Mulvaney said: GET OVER IT!!

I thought the 'National Emergency' trick was pretty neat. Just confiscate funds from the military, and Voilà...here comes the American version of the NHS. Ignoring Congress and Obstruction of Justice are close seconds. Pocketing a $-half-billion intended for another country could make one happy. And you've gotta admit, caging children is the closest thing to slavery since it's been outlawed. And to finish off: PARDONS for everyone.

cheers

I'm sure you did like it Quill; after all, it's pretty evident that you, too, believe that if a surgeon conducted a craniotomy on Trump he would find only a turd.

I wouldn't go that far, though I agree that such a procedure might not discover anything of significance in the left prefrontal, temporal and parietal cortices of the brain from which our normal intelligence functions are controlled.

However, my point was simply an expression of mild exasperation that in a discussion group such as this, a perfectly valid point should be answered by yet more memes that hardly address the topic rather than in actual words.

I know that memes have a place in the social media because they are intended to influence (in which role they play exactly the same part as cartoons in 18th and 19th century news sheets and pamphlets, the topic of a modest monologue that I wrote in my time as a visiting tutor in journalism) but Lurrker's offerings can hardly claim to achieve the same standards of intellectual wit.

Perhaps that's why he calls his thread a rant - a high-flown, extravagant, bombastic utterance and a piece of turgid declamation, according to the Shorter Oxford Dictionary! Twisted Evil

Raise your vision a little higher, Fred, and you'll see that for every valid micro-point about Trump, there is an overwhelming macro-point. He embezzles money. He is a criminal, with criminal instincts. He bribes foreign political leaders to peddle a false conspiracy theory...and he claims that this is a democracy!

But my point goes to the legacy that Trump leaves behind. I have no doubt that Trump will eventually see a prison. But the trail of precedents he leaves behind him will haunt the US for centuries.

America once wanted to live by rule of law. Step back, and you will see that law moves forward by a sequence of precedents. See, W. Hohfeld, Some Fundamental Legal Conceptions as Applied in Judicial Reasoning, 23 Yale L.J. 16 (1913), reprinted in Hohfeld, Some Fundamental Legal Conceptions as Applied in Judicial Reasoning and Other Legal Essays (1923). We anchor American law in a Constitution, but from there on it is filled out in a series of "opinions" by justices--learned men--who are supposed to interpret the meaning of that document, with an eye toward modern conditions and capabilities. Precedent is essentially analogy, as professor Hohfeld points out. My job, as an attorney, is to continually repeat: 'Justice Roberts said in the opinion of xxx v. xxx..." and make an analogy, or build precedent on a point. The attorney's job is to make analogies back to previous decisions, or that is to say, to build precedents.

The damage that Trump does is he leaves a trail of precedents for some later despot to take advantage of and corrupt the nation. Trump has swept away separation of powers. He has usurped his authority by declaring National Emergencies, where no actual emergency exist. He has stolen money from the US Treasury. He has used his office to reward himself, and his family. He uses his power to disenfranchise people of color. He bribes needy nations into doing his personal bidding...not political, but personal favors. He is conducting foreign power pursuant to directions from a foreign adversary, whom he hopes will reward him with a Trump Tower-Moscow in the future. He does this all by way of ignoring institutions and laws--past precedents--and just creating his own self-rewarding paths.

At the risk of turning this into a political ad, which is not my intention, let me say that impeachment is not so much a winning strategy as a laying down of markers that say, this is not OK. If we try to stop Trump by a mere election (2020), we will have failed to express our disapproval of the details. History will say that the Democrat won the election, but did nothing to reverse the sequence of evil precedents that were laid down during the Trump administration. Future despots will have that legacy at their disposal.

So, this issue of impeachment is not one of winning or losing, but it is one of making a statement: This is not OK! Future generations of right-thinking men and women will have at their disposal the record of objections to the trail of deviants like Trump. To the future despot who says Trump legitimized embezzlement and bribery, we can retort, yes, but he got impeached for it, too. Making a record of our disapproval is the imperative point.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars (1993).

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:56 pm

lol! lol! lol!

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1250

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:34 am

Nixon and Trump had a lot in common...

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1252

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:09 am

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1253

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:25 am

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1254

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:35 am

lol! lol!

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1255

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:54 am

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1256

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1257

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:11 pm

Trailer Park Trash Trump

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1258

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:35 pm

lol! lol!

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1259

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trump141

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:50 pm

Lurker, would you "top yourself" if Trump won again ?
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Evagel10

I'm ashamed of American fundamental so-called Christians that worship Satan's angel, Trump... That type of Christianity is the lowest scum in the universe. They are mentally deranged...

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:01 pm

This turd actually said that. LOL
Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1260

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:25 pm

CGI, but great....

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Lurker wrote:CGI, but great....

Check the Air Force guy in the uniform, in the background.  He can barely keep a straight face.

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:25 pm

Can anyone keep a straight face when he’s around?

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:31 pm

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:33 pm

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 am

Trump's scumbag handler...

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Bill_b10

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Brilliant
Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1261

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1262

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:40 pm

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1263

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:23 pm

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1264

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:25 pm

eddie wrote:Can anyone keep a straight face when he’s around?

People with a brain can't....

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:41 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1265

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Raise your vision a little higher, Fred, and you'll see that for every valid micro-point about Trump, there is an overwhelming macro-point.  He embezzles money.  He is a criminal, with criminal instincts.  He bribes foreign political leaders to peddle a false conspiracy theory...and he claims that this is a democracy!

But my point goes to the legacy that Trump leaves behind.  I have no doubt that Trump will eventually see a prison.  But the trail of precedents he leaves behind him will haunt the US for centuries.

America once wanted to live by rule of law.  Step back, and you will see that law moves forward by a sequence of precedents.  See, W. Hohfeld, Some Fundamental Legal Conceptions as Applied in Judicial Reasoning, 23 Yale L.J. 16 (1913), reprinted in Hohfeld, Some Fundamental Legal Conceptions as Applied in Judicial Reasoning and Other Legal Essays (1923). We anchor American law in a Constitution, but from there on it is filled out in a series of "opinions" by justices--learned men--who are supposed to interpret the meaning of that document, with an eye toward modern conditions and capabilities.  Precedent is essentially analogy, as professor Hohfeld points out.  My job, as an attorney, is to continually repeat: 'Justice Roberts said in the opinion of xxx v. xxx..." and make an analogy, or build precedent on a point.  The attorney's job is to make analogies back to previous decisions, or that is to say, to build precedents.

The damage that Trump does is he leaves a trail of precedents for some later despot to take advantage of and corrupt the nation.  Trump has swept away separation of powers.  He has usurped his authority by declaring National Emergencies, where no actual emergency exist.  He has stolen money from the US Treasury.  He has used his office to reward himself, and his family.  He uses his power to disenfranchise people of color.  He bribes needy nations into doing his personal bidding...not political, but personal favors.  He is conducting foreign power pursuant to directions from a foreign adversary, whom he hopes will reward him with a Trump Tower-Moscow in the future.  He does this all by way of ignoring institutions and laws--past precedents--and just creating his own self-rewarding paths.

At the risk of turning this into a political ad, which is not my intention, let me say that impeachment is not so much a winning strategy as a laying down of markers that say, this is not OK.  If we try to stop Trump by a mere election (2020), we will have failed to express our disapproval of the details.  History will say that the Democrat won the election, but did nothing to reverse the sequence of evil precedents that were laid down during the Trump administration.  Future despots will have that legacy at their disposal.

So, this issue of impeachment is not one of winning or losing, but it is one of making a statement: This is not OK!  Future generations of right-thinking men and women will have at their disposal the record of objections to the trail of deviants like Trump.  To the future despot who says Trump legitimized embezzlement and bribery, we can retort, yes, but he got impeached for it, too.  Making a record of our disapproval is the imperative point.

A most erudite and eloquent submission on behalf of your client Lurker, m'learned friend, and a persuasive argument against the accused Mr Trump....but it doesn't actually address the point of order that I raised.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:51 am

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Stuff_10

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:05 pm

The entire world hates you, Trump!

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Bugs_b10

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:57 am

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trump142

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:50 pm

Wear This Prison Suit Proudly. You earned it!

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 To_pre10

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:58 pm

Cleremont United Methodist Church Nativity
Fuck Trump....
Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1266

Karen Clark Ristine
14 hrs ·

Stirred to tears by the Claremont UMC nativity. Inside the church, the Holy Family is reunited.
The theological statement posted with the nativity: In a time in our country when refugee families seek asylum at our borders and are unwillingly separated from one another, we consider the most well-known refugee family in the world. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, the Holy Family. Shortly after the birth of Jesus, Joseph and Mary were forced to flee with their young son from Nazareth to Egypt to escape King Herod, a tyrant. They feared persecution and death.
What if this family sought refuge in our country today?
Imagine Joseph and Mary separated at the border and Jesus no older than two taken from his mother and placed behind the fences of a Border Patrol detention center as more than 5,500 children have been the past three years.
Jesus grew up to teach us kindness and mercy and a radical welcome of all people.
He said: “I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.” Matthew 25:35
In the Claremont United Methodist Church nativity scene this Christmas, the Holy Family takes the place of the thousands of nameless families separated at our borders.
Inside the church, you will see this same family reunited, the Holy Family together, in a nativity that joins the angels in singing “Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace and good will to all.” Luke 2:14

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Our First Lady...

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 First_10

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:11 pm

lol!
Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 First_13

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:38 pm

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1267

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1268

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:06 pm

Donald Trump Vent Thread - Page 2 Trum1269

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:17 pm

Lurker wrote:Our First Lady...

As opposed to Hilary....”Let your husband groom and fuck younger women...and stand by him!”

Rolling Eyes

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:39 pm

Lurker wrote:Our First Lady...

I heard that she was "in the business" in Slovenia.

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:52 pm

Your remark is sick !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:33 pm

nicko wrote:Your remark is sick !

It wouldn't be the first time a president fooled around.  Wasn't that the accusation leveled at Clinton?

Trump is in his seventies, and but for his wealth he would likely not attract many women.  I think we all know what the arrangement is between Trump and Melania, indelicate as it might be to talk about.  She obviously detests him.  She won't even live under the same roof with him.  Refuses to hold hands with him.  Refuses to dance with him, though he has publicly tried.

This is no schoolgirl's dream.  It appears to be an arranged union, and where would one find a candidate for such loveless stipulation but in the professional ranks. I'm just saying, it's an obvious question mark.

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum