NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu

Go down

Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu Empty Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu

Post by Maddog on Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:44 pm

"When taxes are too high, people go hungry. When the government is too intrusive, people lose their spirit.""Act for the people’s benefit. Trust them; leave them alone."“Stop trying to control. Let go of fixed plans and concepts, and the world will govern itself."The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be. The more weapons you have, the less secure people will be. The more subsidies you have, the less self-reliant people will be."Therefore the Master says: I let go of the law, and people become honest. I let go of economics, and people become prosperous. I let go of religion, and people become serene. I let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.""Can you love people and lead them without imposing your will? Can you deal with the most vital matters by letting events take their course? Can you step back from you own mind and thus understand all things?""When a country obtains great power, it becomes like the sea: all streams run downward into it. The more powerful it grows, the greater the need for humility. Humility means trusting the Tao, thus never needing to be defensive."A great nation is like a great man: When he makes a mistake, he realizes it. Having realized it, he admits it. Having admitted it, he corrects it. He considers those who point out his faults as his most benevolent teachers. He thinks of his enemy as the shadow that he himself casts.If a nation is centered in the Tao, if it nourishes its own people and doesn’t meddle in the affairs of others, it will be a light to all nations in the world.”“If you want to learn how to govern, avoid being clever or rich.”“All streams flow to the sea because it is lower than they are. Humility gives it its power.If you want to govern the people, you must place yourself below them. If you want to lead the people, you must learn how to follow them.”“Governing a large country is like frying a small fish. You spoil it with too much poking.Center your country in the Tao and evil will have no power. Not that it isn’t there, but you’ll be able to step out of its way.Give evil nothing to oppose and it will disappear by itself.”

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu Empty Re: Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu

Post by 'Wolfie on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:54 am

cyclops

Confucius say :

"Maddog seen dribbling out both sides of mouth, can be seen to be evenly balanced in his madness."

"Maddog who pisses into the wind will be sure to get some of his own back."

"Beware of smiling Maddog barking empty promises."

Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu 1763903427 

Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:53 pm

'Wolfie wrote:cyclops

Confucius say :

"Maddog seen dribbling out both sides of mouth, can be seen to be evenly balanced in his madness."

"Maddog who pisses into the wind will be sure to get some of his own back."

"Beware of smiling Maddog barking empty promises."

Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu 1763903427 

I agree with some of that. I am evenly balanced in my madness.

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum