Let’s let it go once and for all!

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey everyone, I know we've had some problematic ads lately. I want to explain exactly what's happening.

Forumotion recently created the option to pay a small fee in exchange for running your own ads, which you get  the money from, and I took it.

My hope is that it creates a little revenue to help me and Eddie out, both on saving toward the UK financial requirement and little things like plane tickets.

I do want the user experience here to be smooth, so I'll keep looking for an ad network that won't drive us all crazy.

I hope you all understand that there will be some bumps along the way.

_________________
"Got 16 days / got a bottle and a rosary

God I wish that you were close to me"

- Whiskeytown
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28781
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Who the fuck knows anymore.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down


Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by eddie on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:03 pm

Guys, please stop fighting.

_________________
”Do I contradict myself? Very well; I contradict myself. I am vast, I contain multitudes”
~ Walt Whitman
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40932
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:06 pm

Look, we want to monetize and promote this site to help me and eddie live together.

But an ad solution that turns people off is no solution at all, so until we find one that doesn't create so much disruption, it's better to keep the ads turned off, at least for the time being.

For now, the best thing anybody can do is to help us build traffic - that means plenty of interesting posts, along with inviting anybody you think might be interested in joining to sign up here.

Higher traffic means we'll appeal more to high-quality ad networks that don't redirect people or throw a pop-up ad in front of you every time you click a link. And those are the kind of networks that will pay us better than a few cents a day.

I appreciate everyone's help and input on this.

_________________
"Got 16 days / got a bottle and a rosary

God I wish that you were close to me"

- Whiskeytown
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28781
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Who the fuck knows anymore.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Maddog on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:09 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Look, we want to monetize and promote this site to help me and eddie live together.

But an ad solution that turns people off is no solution at all, so until we find one that doesn't create so  much disruption, it's better to keep  the ads turned off, at least for the time being.

For now, the best  thing anybody can do is to help us build traffic - that means plenty of interesting posts, along with inviting anybody you think might be interested in joining to sign up here.

Higher traffic means we'll appeal more to high-quality ad networks that don't redirect people or throw a pop-up ad in front of you every time you click a link. And those are the kind of networks that will pay us better than a few cents a day.

I appreciate everyone's help and input on this.

"NewsFix is a forum that encourages polite, civil debate of current events and ideas."

Kinda, sorta enforcing this might help. Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 2190311264

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 7328
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by eddie on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:17 pm

Maddog, yes that’s true but if ads are upsetting people then we don’t want that.
That isn’t the same as stopping debate.

_________________
”Do I contradict myself? Very well; I contradict myself. I am vast, I contain multitudes”
~ Walt Whitman
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40932
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Maddog on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:20 pm

eddie wrote:Maddog, yes that’s true but if ads are upsetting people then we don’t want that.
That isn’t the same as stopping debate.

I'm talking about how to get more traffic.

Some people come here for a little debate and conversation.

Not to get called a retarded, fuckwitted imbecile. Cool

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 7328
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by eddie on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:25 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:Maddog, yes that’s true but if ads are upsetting people then we don’t want that.
That isn’t the same as stopping debate.

I'm talking about how to get more traffic.

Some people come here for a little debate and conversation.

Not to get called a retarded, fuckwitted imbecile.  Cool  

You have to be able to debate with anyone and everyone. If someone acts that way and you don’t like it then don’t give them the time of day. That way, they will treat you differently

Honestly, I don’t care how someone treats me during a debate. As soon as I’ve had enough of their treatment of me I’ll choose to ignore them or I’ll get nasty myself. Depends upon my mood.

You can’t tell someone HOW to debate. You can can choose what you’ll accept.

_________________
”Do I contradict myself? Very well; I contradict myself. I am vast, I contain multitudes”
~ Walt Whitman
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40932
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Maddog on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:57 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I'm talking about how to get more traffic.

Some people come here for a little debate and conversation.

Not to get called a retarded, fuckwitted imbecile.  Cool  

You have to be able to debate with anyone and everyone. If someone acts that way and you don’t like it then don’t give them the time of day. That way, they will treat you differently

Honestly, I don’t care how someone treats me during a debate. As soon as I’ve had enough of their treatment of me I’ll choose to ignore them or I’ll get nasty myself. Depends upon my mood.

You can’t tell someone HOW to debate. You can can choose what you’ll accept.

Not giving them the time of day is what I do after awhile.

Ben asked how to get the post count up. I don't think ignoring posters is the way to do it.

How do you think the post count could be raised. The number of posters increased?

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 7328
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by eddie on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Inviting people. Making great threads. Advertising the forum.

That’s it.

_________________
”Do I contradict myself? Very well; I contradict myself. I am vast, I contain multitudes”
~ Walt Whitman
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40932
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Original Quill on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:45 am

Five years ago I began a discussion on how to grow the forum.  I made the assumption that such is what Ben wanted.

Ben came back--rather forcefully, I add--and laid down the law that he doesn't want the site to grow.  I think everyone took a queue from that, not to do the standard things to grow the forum. Keep a low profile.  Both Wolf and I have had experience in growing a site, but with all switches on off, that never happened here.

This is the first time I've heard anything different.  I guess I'm saying: well if you are going to reverse things, say so.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vlad Putin to Donald Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"What's your's is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...  Putin tells him what to think.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 32454
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 55
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:55 am

eddie wrote:Inviting people. Making great threads. Advertising the forum.

That’s it.

It's not much use doing any of that if you have posters who denigrate others and constantly seek argument instead of debate. There's many a time I've stayed away from here for those reasons. Heated debate is fine. But when you get called an idiot for your views or beliefs or accused of being racist, homophobic, an old slag, etc...that's not conducive to the growth of the type of forum you have here.

It's wearing, and it's boring.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Posts : 9619
Join date : 2014-01-12

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:59 am

Original Quill wrote:Five years ago I began a discussion on how to grow the forum.  I made the assumption that such is what Ben wanted.

Ben came back--rather forcefully, I add--and laid down the law that he doesn't want the site to grow.  I think everyone took a queue from that, not to do the standard things to grow the forum.  Keep a low profile.  Both Wolf and I have had experience in growing a site, but with all switches on off, that never happened here.

This is the first time I've heard anything different.  I guess I'm saying: well if you are going to reverse things, say so.

That's fair enough; I did ask that we keep this forum smaller and more manageable back when it was basically a hobby for me.

I would like to see what we can do with it now, since the circumstances have obviously changed quite a bit.

_________________
"Got 16 days / got a bottle and a rosary

God I wish that you were close to me"

- Whiskeytown
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28781
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Who the fuck knows anymore.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by eddie on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:00 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Inviting people. Making great threads. Advertising the forum.

That’s it.

It's not much use doing any of that if you have posters who denigrate others and constantly seek argument instead of debate.    There's many a time I've stayed away from here for those reasons.   Heated debate is fine.  But when you get called an idiot  for your views or beliefs or accused of being racist, homophobic, an old slag,  etc...that's not conducive to the growth of the type of forum you have here.  

It's wearing, and it's boring.

Someone saying that to me wouldn’t make me stay away from a forum or anywhere else - not saying you’re wrong and I’m right or vice versa - I’d just ignore that person or “play” them differently.
I have a very high tolerance of people and I guess it works for me on debate forums.

_________________
”Do I contradict myself? Very well; I contradict myself. I am vast, I contain multitudes”
~ Walt Whitman
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40932
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Syl on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:03 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Inviting people. Making great threads. Advertising the forum.

That’s it.

It's not much use doing any of that if you have posters who denigrate others and constantly seek argument instead of debate.    There's many a time I've stayed away from here for those reasons.   Heated debate is fine.  But when you get called an idiot  for your views or beliefs or accused of being racist, homophobic, an old slag,  etc...that's not conducive to the growth of the type of forum you have here.  

It's wearing, and it's boring.

Oddly though, certain forums thrive on that.....pick a victim, rally the troops, and do your utmost to break them......that always draws in the punters. Evil or Very Mad

Some of us give those places a very wide berth, so it is pretty annoying when you get called a slag and a cunt on a regular basis on a news based forum just because your opinion differs to someone elses.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 19834
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by eddie on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:05 am

So what do you do? Stay away? Retaliate? Ignore?

I always choose whatever I feel in the moment and not allow that person to bother me. Who cares what someone thinks?

Am I the only one who just doesn’t allow shit to penetrate me?

_________________
”Do I contradict myself? Very well; I contradict myself. I am vast, I contain multitudes”
~ Walt Whitman
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40932
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Syl on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:09 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Five years ago I began a discussion on how to grow the forum.  I made the assumption that such is what Ben wanted.

Ben came back--rather forcefully, I add--and laid down the law that he doesn't want the site to grow.  I think everyone took a queue from that, not to do the standard things to grow the forum.  Keep a low profile.  Both Wolf and I have had experience in growing a site, but with all switches on off, that never happened here.

This is the first time I've heard anything different.  I guess I'm saying: well if you are going to reverse things, say so.

That's fair enough; I did ask that we keep this forum smaller and more manageable back when it was basically a hobby for me.

I would like to see what we can do with it now, since the circumstances have obviously changed quite a bit.

I invited Magica here, but tbh, as this is the only forum I post on, (apart from HT's, and most on there are allready members here) I dont know anyone else to invite over. Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 2190311264

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 19834
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:12 am

eddie wrote:So what do you do? Stay away? Retaliate? Ignore?

I always choose whatever I feel in the moment and not allow that person to bother me. Who cares what someone thinks?

Am I the only one who just doesn’t allow shit to penetrate me?

It's good that you are able to do that. I think most here are too. Some less so.

That isn't the point some are making though.

The fact is a huge number of potential members are never likely to join a forum where insults are commonplace and rarely tackled. It doesn't matter that you personally think people should grow a thicker skin; the fact is a lot of people can't be mithered.

And that's their right, there are many forums and social media outlets they can choose.

At the same time, many thrive on the anything goes approach.

I don't know what works best. But if a harder approach to insults is proven to entice more members then perhaps we should do that. It is worth considering if monetization is the goal.

At the moment I have a laissez-faire attitude (for a mod) regarding most insults, since it is tit-for-tat, but if you two decided to alter the rules and enforcement then I'd be for that too.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8459
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Syl on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:14 am

eddie wrote:So what do you do? Stay away? Retaliate? Ignore?

I always choose whatever I feel in the moment and not allow that person to bother me. Who cares what someone thinks?

Am I the only one who just doesn’t allow shit to penetrate me?

Retaliate or ignore mostly.
I think most of the women here can give as good as they get if someone starts, but it doesn't make for pleasant viewing for others.....so it's not really encouraging for new people to join up.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 19834
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by 'Wolfie on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:25 am

nicko wrote:
Got admit I was ready to chuck it in,   pop ups all over the place pissed me and others off. had to keep clicking on the x's witch worked till you swithed to another thread then it started all over again.!   If Ben wants money to help him stay, give us a post office drop to send money to. I'v got a £100 cheque Ready to post !

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 1399249160

Ben&eddie could also set up a subscripion service, with some "product" added at each subscription level.  E.g. :

Pay £15 for one year, get a coffee mug;
Pay £25 for 2 years, get a coffee mug and a baseball cap;
Pay £50 for 5 years, get a coffee mug, baseball cap and a t-shirt...

Pay £500 for lifetime access, get the mug, cap, t-shirt --  and a custom bomber jacket..  And ben&eddie will name the first born pups from their future Newsfix dog after those apex subscribers.

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 1366281442

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 8175
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 62
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Original Quill on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:58 am

eddie wrote:So what do you do? Stay away? Retaliate? Ignore?

I always choose whatever I feel in the moment and not allow that person to bother me. Who cares what someone thinks?

Am I the only one who just doesn’t allow shit to penetrate me?

One of the most successful sites in the UK is, Female First (FF), a huge forum, situated over there in Ashton-In-Makerfield, Wigan, Lancashire, WN4 9AG, United Kingdom.  There, were members who admitted that they showed up to see who was fighting with whom, and what was the next explosion to take place.  Honestly, it was the attraction for them.

Of course, they were much more brutal than over here, but it was entertainment for some.  You might find some residual tactics of those cyber-wars in wolf and me, I don't know.  But it was brutal...and, for some, fun.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vlad Putin to Donald Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"What's your's is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...  Putin tells him what to think.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 32454
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 55
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Thorin on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:19 am

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:So what do you do? Stay away? Retaliate? Ignore?

I always choose whatever I feel in the moment and not allow that person to bother me. Who cares what someone thinks?

Am I the only one who just doesn’t allow shit to penetrate me?

It's good that you are able to do that. I think most here are too. Some less so.

That isn't the point some are making though.

The fact is a huge number of potential members are never likely to join a forum where insults are commonplace and rarely tackled. It doesn't matter that you personally think people should grow a thicker skin; the fact is a lot of people can't be mithered.

And that's their right, there are many forums and social media outlets they can choose.

At the same time, many thrive on the anything goes approach.

I don't know what works best. But if a harder approach to insults is proven to entice more members then perhaps we should do that. It is worth considering if monetization is the goal.

At the moment I have a laissez-faire attitude (for a mod) regarding most insults, since it is tit-for-tat, but if you two decided to alter the rules and enforcement then I'd be for that too.

Sorry but the view that people stay away from insults, really does not hold water, when you look at the likes of twitter mate. As again those people who complain at this, still come back for more.

Twitter is an insult breeding ground. Of course there is some people that cannot take it and its finding the difference between what crosses a line. Like of course physical threats for example is a big no, no.

What some people need to do is grow a backbone and the people complaining have no qualms about throwing insults themselves. Heck I get everything thrown  at me, but carry on, because they are after all words and basically meaningless. Hence i dont whine about them, as those complaining are doing now. Unless people allow them to have meaning for themselves. I do not think anyone genuinely hates people on here, but if they do, then they are the problem for themselves. Of course some things are below the belt, but all it takes is people to say how its wrong to generaly bring taht down to earth. It should never require policing.

Sorry but people using that shows to me yet again the fragility  of people today, because most insults thrown here, are not truely meant by people. Its people generally getting annoyed, that leads to them

They need to also understand that a heated debate is basically an argument. As it is thus a disagreemnt on views that is heated. So where someone claims they do not mind a heated debate, that means an argument.

If you want to entice people to a forum, then its facilities are generally what the attraction is

Not more restrictive rules. Twitter is going down this path and will end losing more people.

So you need to find a balance, that tends to keep generally all people happy. Where most days there is plenty of debate on here

If people do want the site to work, then they can all play a part and look to bring people themselves to the forum. Everyone is going to have a number of their friends that like debate. Then maybe people could suggest this to them. As a place to let off steam, engage in topics of the day and also have fun. So word of mouth is always one of the best way to entice more people to a forum.

I mean look at the more famous people out there, that are speakers. Like Ben Shapiro, Milo etc, they are provocators, yet have a huge audiance. People like Sam Harris, Jordan Perterson, are far more restrained, and also have huge followings.

So the less trstrictive a site is, the more likley you will entice proplr to the forum
Hence less rules is the key, not more of them.

Thorin

Posts : 10849
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:38 am

Thor wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:So what do you do? Stay away? Retaliate? Ignore?

I always choose whatever I feel in the moment and not allow that person to bother me. Who cares what someone thinks?

Am I the only one who just doesn’t allow shit to penetrate me?

It's good that you are able to do that. I think most here are too. Some less so.

That isn't the point some are making though.

The fact is a huge number of potential members are never likely to join a forum where insults are commonplace and rarely tackled. It doesn't matter that you personally think people should grow a thicker skin; the fact is a lot of people can't be mithered.

And that's their right, there are many forums and social media outlets they can choose.

At the same time, many thrive on the anything goes approach.

I don't know what works best. But if a harder approach to insults is proven to entice more members then perhaps we should do that. It is worth considering if monetization is the goal.

At the moment I have a laissez-faire attitude (for a mod) regarding most insults, since it is tit-for-tat, but if you two decided to alter the rules and enforcement then I'd be for that too.

Sorry but the view that people stay away from insults, really does not hold water, when you look at the likes of twitter mate. As again those people who complain at this, still come back for more.

Twitter is an insult breeding ground. Of course there is some people that cannot take it and its finding the difference between what crosses a line. Like of course physical threats for example is a big no, no.

What some people need to do is grow a backbone and the people complaining have no qualms about throwing insults themselves. Heck I get everything thrown  at me, but carry on, because they are after all words and basically meaningless. Hence i dont whine about them, as those complaining are doing now. Unless people allow them to have meaning for themselves. I do not think anyone genuinely hates people on here, but if they do, then they are the problem for themselves. Of course some things are below the belt, but all it takes is people to say how its wrong to generaly bring taht down to earth. It should never require policing.

Sorry but people using that shows to me yet again the fragility  of people today, because most insults thrown here, are not truely meant by people. Its people generally getting annoyed, that leads to them

They need to also understand that a heated debate is basically an argument. As it is thus a disagreemnt on views that is heated. So where someone claims they do not mind a heated debate, that means an argument.

If you want to entice people to a forum, then its facilities are generally what the attraction is

Not more restrictive rules. Twitter is going down this path and will end losing more people.

So you need to find a balance, that tends to keep generally all people happy. Where most days there is plenty of debate on here

If people do want the site to work, then they can all play a part and look to bring people themselves to the forum. Everyone is going to have a number of their friends that like debate. Then maybe people could suggest this to them. As a place to let off steam, engage in topics of the day and also have fun. So word of mouth is always one of the best way to entice more people to a forum.

I mean look at the more famous people out there, that are speakers. Like Ben Shapiro, Milo etc, they are provocators, yet have a huge audiance. People like Sam Harris, Jordan Perterson, are far more restrained, and also have huge followings.

So the less trstrictive a site is, the more likley you will entice proplr to the forum
Hence less rules is the key, not more of them.

There was an 'if' it my post as part of my acknowledgment that I personally do not know which approach is better.

Some above have suggested it is a reason they stay away at times, and I don't dismiss people's honest opinions so easily.

I personally have no issue with most of the insults that go on (unless completely out of the blue and not part of a long running exchange). But I am just one person.

If it is not the case than people are put off by insults, then so be it. But as the site has not grown much and people are looking for reasons, then I'm willing to listen to all possible answers.

In most cases though, the insults really aren't warranted. And those people you mention are so successful exactly because they usually avoid insults yet demolish their opponents anyway Wink

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8459
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Thorin on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:49 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

Sorry but the view that people stay away from insults, really does not hold water, when you look at the likes of twitter mate. As again those people who complain at this, still come back for more.

Twitter is an insult breeding ground. Of course there is some people that cannot take it and its finding the difference between what crosses a line. Like of course physical threats for example is a big no, no.

What some people need to do is grow a backbone and the people complaining have no qualms about throwing insults themselves. Heck I get everything thrown  at me, but carry on, because they are after all words and basically meaningless. Hence i dont whine about them, as those complaining are doing now. Unless people allow them to have meaning for themselves. I do not think anyone genuinely hates people on here, but if they do, then they are the problem for themselves. Of course some things are below the belt, but all it takes is people to say how its wrong to generaly bring taht down to earth. It should never require policing.

Sorry but people using that shows to me yet again the fragility  of people today, because most insults thrown here, are not truely meant by people. Its people generally getting annoyed, that leads to them

They need to also understand that a heated debate is basically an argument. As it is thus a disagreemnt on views that is heated. So where someone claims they do not mind a heated debate, that means an argument.

If you want to entice people to a forum, then its facilities are generally what the attraction is

Not more restrictive rules. Twitter is going down this path and will end losing more people.

So you need to find a balance, that tends to keep generally all people happy. Where most days there is plenty of debate on here

If people do want the site to work, then they can all play a part and look to bring people themselves to the forum. Everyone is going to have a number of their friends that like debate. Then maybe people could suggest this to them. As a place to let off steam, engage in topics of the day and also have fun. So word of mouth is always one of the best way to entice more people to a forum.

I mean look at the more famous people out there, that are speakers. Like Ben Shapiro, Milo etc, they are provocators, yet have a huge audiance. People like Sam Harris, Jordan Perterson, are far more restrained, and also have huge followings.

So the less trstrictive a site is, the more likley you will entice proplr to the forum
Hence less rules is the key, not more of them.

There was an 'if' it my post as part of my acknowledgment that I personally do not know which approach is better.

Some above have suggested it is a reason they stay away at times, and I don't dismiss people's honest opinions so easily.

I personally have no issue with most of the insults that go on (unless completely out of the blue and not part of a long running exchange). But I am just one person.

If it is not the case than people are put off by insults, then so be it. But as the site has not grown much and people are looking for reasons, then I'm willing to listen to all possible answers.

In most cases though, the insults really aren't warranted. And those people you mention are so successful exactly because they usually avoid insults yet demolish their opponents anyway Wink

I understand mate, but those people complaining also insult themselves and have not left

Staying away is having a break and not leaving.

Maybe as they are more fragile than others they need to do so, but that is down to them and the forum should not be governed based on the individual personal concerns.

The reason the site has not grow, is because forums are basically dying of death. As you have places like Twitter now, as they have a massive audiance. Its being compete with them. When in reality this is a small forum. I disagree that they ae successful in demolishing people when they actually also constantly insult themselves. Horatio being one of the biggest insulters, when she wants to be. Who has a little gang click that join her in this. It shows they cannot fight their own battles. If they are so bothered they need to practice what they preach but never do. They have called me every mental health insult going, as well as countless names. Which are meaningless to me, but they use mental health as a weapon to get at people. So to say they avoid it, is bullshit mate. Only Maddog can at times present a good unbiased argument and I never even called him a retard, i called his opinion retarded. I actually like him as a poster and most of the time with me, is busting balls. Most posters I have no issue with at all and its generally them complaining that cannot move on.

I mean you have even blatantly over stpped the mark on rules with abuse with me, when you never apply the same reasoning to warn others with abuse. As it was personal to you. So as a test, everytime one of the girlie gang now insults, I will PM you. Just to show you are out of touch with reality on this. And in fact you are showing as we all do a subconscious bias


Last edited by Thor on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Thorin

Posts : 10849
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Thorin on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:52 am

To further pove my point in regards to a subconscious bias

Look at the insult made on this thread and not even a warning was made by you Eilzel

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t26387-pro-abortion#500904

Thorin

Posts : 10849
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by nicko on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:13 am

The biggest "insulter on this Forum is Wolfie, if anyone can't see that they are bloody blind !!!!!
nicko
nicko

Posts : 13185
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:18 am

Thor wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

Sorry but the view that people stay away from insults, really does not hold water, when you look at the likes of twitter mate. As again those people who complain at this, still come back for more.

Twitter is an insult breeding ground. Of course there is some people that cannot take it and its finding the difference between what crosses a line. Like of course physical threats for example is a big no, no.

What some people need to do is grow a backbone and the people complaining have no qualms about throwing insults themselves. Heck I get everything thrown  at me, but carry on, because they are after all words and basically meaningless. Hence i dont whine about them, as those complaining are doing now. Unless people allow them to have meaning for themselves. I do not think anyone genuinely hates people on here, but if they do, then they are the problem for themselves. Of course some things are below the belt, but all it takes is people to say how its wrong to generaly bring taht down to earth. It should never require policing.

Sorry but people using that shows to me yet again the fragility  of people today, because most insults thrown here, are not truely meant by people. Its people generally getting annoyed, that leads to them

They need to also understand that a heated debate is basically an argument. As it is thus a disagreemnt on views that is heated. So where someone claims they do not mind a heated debate, that means an argument.

If you want to entice people to a forum, then its facilities are generally what the attraction is

Not more restrictive rules. Twitter is going down this path and will end losing more people.

So you need to find a balance, that tends to keep generally all people happy. Where most days there is plenty of debate on here

If people do want the site to work, then they can all play a part and look to bring people themselves to the forum. Everyone is going to have a number of their friends that like debate. Then maybe people could suggest this to them. As a place to let off steam, engage in topics of the day and also have fun. So word of mouth is always one of the best way to entice more people to a forum.

I mean look at the more famous people out there, that are speakers. Like Ben Shapiro, Milo etc, they are provocators, yet have a huge audiance. People like Sam Harris, Jordan Perterson, are far more restrained, and also have huge followings.

So the less trstrictive a site is, the more likley you will entice proplr to the forum
Hence less rules is the key, not more of them.

There was an 'if' it my post as part of my acknowledgment that I personally do not know which approach is better.

Some above have suggested it is a reason they stay away at times, and I don't dismiss people's honest opinions so easily.

I personally have no issue with most of the insults that go on (unless completely out of the blue and not part of a long running exchange). But I am just one person.

If it is not the case than people are put off by insults, then so be it. But as the site has not grown much and people are looking for reasons, then I'm willing to listen to all possible answers.

In most cases though, the insults really aren't warranted. And those people you mention are so successful exactly because they usually avoid insults yet demolish their opponents anyway Wink

I understand mate, but those people complaining also insult themselves and have not left

Staying away is having a break and not leaving.

Maybe as they are more fragile than others they need to do so, but that is down to them and the forum should not be governed based on the individual personal concerns.

The reason the site has not grow, is because forums are basically dying of death. As you have places like Twitter now, as they have a massive audiance. Its being compete with them. When in reality this is a small forum. I disagree that they ae successful in demolishing people when they actually also constantly insult themselves. Horatio being one of the biggest insulters, when she wants to be. Who has a little gang click that join her in this. It shows they cannot fight their own battles. If they are so bothered they need to practice what they preach but never do. They have called me every mental health insult going, as well as countless names. Which are meaningless to me, but they use mental health as a weapon to get at people. So to say they avoid it, is bullshit mate. Only Maddog can at times present a good unbiased argument and I never even called him a retard, i called his opinion retarded. I actually like him as a poster and most of the time with me, is busting balls. Most posters I have no issue with at all and its generally them complaining that cannot move on.

I mean you have even blatantly over stpped the mark on rules with abuse with me, when you never apply the same reasoning to warn others with abuse. As it was personal to you. So as a test, everytime one of the girlie gang now insults, I will PM you. Just to show you are out of touch with reality on this. And in fact you are showing as we all do a subconscious bias

You aren't the only person I've warned on basemented for insults, didge. And even with you I think it's only been maybe twice? (could be wrong though, don't go searching lol) Wink

As I said though, I've generally been laissez-faire with this, including in the post from Andy, precisely because everyone does this kind of thing sometimes anyway, and it gets hard to set boundaries.

My personal dislike is when an otherwise civil discussion ends up with insults flying. Honestly, when people just parade around throwing insults all over the place, without necessarily contributing to any discussion, to me it comes across as trollish and honestly isn't 'disrupting' any argument, since there was never one to begin with.

But I hate it when what was a decent discussion is ruined when one side resorts to insults.

As said though, unless Ben and Eds want it, I'm not going to get heavy-handed with this sort of thing.

I agree on the real reason forums are dying though - social media has killed them Sad

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8459
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Thorin on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:29 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

I understand mate, but those people complaining also insult themselves and have not left

Staying away is having a break and not leaving.

Maybe as they are more fragile than others they need to do so, but that is down to them and the forum should not be governed based on the individual personal concerns.

The reason the site has not grow, is because forums are basically dying of death. As you have places like Twitter now, as they have a massive audiance. Its being compete with them. When in reality this is a small forum. I disagree that they ae successful in demolishing people when they actually also constantly insult themselves. Horatio being one of the biggest insulters, when she wants to be. Who has a little gang click that join her in this. It shows they cannot fight their own battles. If they are so bothered they need to practice what they preach but never do. They have called me every mental health insult going, as well as countless names. Which are meaningless to me, but they use mental health as a weapon to get at people. So to say they avoid it, is bullshit mate. Only Maddog can at times present a good unbiased argument and I never even called him a retard, i called his opinion retarded. I actually like him as a poster and most of the time with me, is busting balls. Most posters I have no issue with at all and its generally them complaining that cannot move on.

I mean you have even blatantly over stpped the mark on rules with abuse with me, when you never apply the same reasoning to warn others with abuse. As it was personal to you. So as a test, everytime one of the girlie gang now insults, I will PM you. Just to show you are out of touch with reality on this. And in fact you are showing as we all do a subconscious bias

You aren't the only person I've warned on basemented for insults, didge. And even with you I think it's only been maybe twice? (could be wrong though, don't go searching lol) Wink

As I said though, I've generally been laissez-faire with this, including in the post from Andy, precisely because everyone does this kind of thing sometimes anyway, and it gets hard to set boundaries.

My personal dislike is when an otherwise civil discussion ends up with insults flying. Honestly, when people just parade around throwing insults all over the place, without necessarily contributing to any discussion, to me it comes across as trollish and honestly isn't 'disrupting' any argument, since there was never one to begin with.

But I hate it when what was a decent discussion is ruined when one side resorts to insults.

As said though, unless Ben and Eds want it, I'm not going to get heavy-handed with this sort of thing.

I agree on the real reason forums are dying though - social media has killed them Sad

The point is that its always wrong when done by people and there is no excuse and I dont use excuses. I can get annoyed at times, which again is not an excuse. I just need to better control my emotions, but again people are all guilty of this. So its like I say, they need to practice what they preach.

Anyway, enough talk about people whinging Laughing

You may find people start to turn back to forums and some forums are a success like mumsnet

Like I said, where the Governement might start regulating places like Facebook and Twitter. You could well see people start to leave them in droves. Even more that these sites are becoming more and more political

The best way like i say to generate more people coming to a site, is by having less restrictions and posters inviting friends to join themselves. As word of mouth is always the best way to get people on board. There is also the problem here is a number of these small forums, where people post on a number. Maybe the owners should look to amalgamate then all as one.

The main point here though, is ways to help generate money for Ben and Eddie. I can see how adverts can being annoying for some, but like I say, I look past that, as its the cause that is important. Its placing their interest above mine.

Thorin

Posts : 10849
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:02 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I'm talking about how to get more traffic.

Some people come here for a little debate and conversation.

Not to get called a retarded, fuckwitted imbecile.  Cool  

You have to be able to debate with anyone and everyone. If someone acts that way and you don’t like it then don’t give them the time of day. That way, they will treat you differently

Honestly, I don’t care how someone treats me during a debate. As soon as I’ve had enough of their treatment of me I’ll choose to ignore them or I’ll get nasty myself. Depends upon my mood.

You can’t tell someone HOW to debate. You can can choose what you’ll accept.

Are you actually blaming the person who is abused? You're not actually encouraging polite debate are you, so you need to change that bit. You should warn people in advance that they might be abused.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by The Devil, You Know on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:14 am

Original Quill wrote:Five years ago I began a discussion on how to grow the forum.  I made the assumption that such is what Ben wanted.

Ben came back--rather forcefully, I add--and laid down the law that he doesn't want the site to grow.  I think everyone took a queue from that, not to do the standard things to grow the forum.  Keep a low profile.  Both Wolf and I have had experience in growing a site, but with all switches on off, that never happened here.

This is the first time I've heard anything different.  I guess I'm saying: well if you are going to reverse things, say so.
5 years might be an exaggeration.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3966
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by The Devil, You Know on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:19 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Five years ago I began a discussion on how to grow the forum.  I made the assumption that such is what Ben wanted.

Ben came back--rather forcefully, I add--and laid down the law that he doesn't want the site to grow.  I think everyone took a queue from that, not to do the standard things to grow the forum.  Keep a low profile.  Both Wolf and I have had experience in growing a site, but with all switches on off, that never happened here.

This is the first time I've heard anything different.  I guess I'm saying: well if you are going to reverse things, say so.

That's fair enough; I did ask that we keep this forum smaller and more manageable back when it was basically a hobby for me.

I would like to see what we can do with it now, since the circumstances have obviously changed quite a bit.
it's never going to be digital spy, it will stay a niche forum like almost all of the free forums do. When push comes to shove you clientel are almost all the same people who were on ado and who would still be on ado if sphinx hadn't sold out her ideals to the bullies of the left. you are highly unlikely to make any money from a forum, especially if you get pissed at people who don't agree with you and throw your toys out of the pram.
Accept, this is a hobby that needs very little input form you and get out and find a real job if you want to be with eddie in the UK. you might have more success if she moved to be with you.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3966
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by The Devil, You Know on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:23 am

nicko wrote:The biggest "insulter on this Forum is Wolfie, if anyone can't see that they are bloody blind !!!!!
wolfie, andwew and vera all seem to have hatred to their very core.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3966
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by The Devil, You Know on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:26 am

I have had my wife abused and islamaphobia thrown at her on this site, loose lips and others frequented by andwew, sassy, hom and his crew. the common thread on those sites is that they supposedly will not tolerate abuse. The admins of those sites and this one have been complicit in that abuse by tolerating it and taking no action.

My first interaction with site was contacting ben privately to ask him to stop andwew and co broadcasting my wifes name and abuse directed at her., He did absolutely nothing.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3966
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by nicko on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:28 am

I had noticed, and i'v yet to see a" Mod" do any thing about it ! But then they are "special" aren't they ?
nicko
nicko

Posts : 13185
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by The Devil, You Know on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:29 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

I understand mate, but those people complaining also insult themselves and have not left

Staying away is having a break and not leaving.

Maybe as they are more fragile than others they need to do so, but that is down to them and the forum should not be governed based on the individual personal concerns.

The reason the site has not grow, is because forums are basically dying of death. As you have places like Twitter now, as they have a massive audiance. Its being compete with them. When in reality this is a small forum. I disagree that they ae successful in demolishing people when they actually also constantly insult themselves. Horatio being one of the biggest insulters, when she wants to be. Who has a little gang click that join her in this. It shows they cannot fight their own battles. If they are so bothered they need to practice what they preach but never do. They have called me every mental health insult going, as well as countless names. Which are meaningless to me, but they use mental health as a weapon to get at people. So to say they avoid it, is bullshit mate. Only Maddog can at times present a good unbiased argument and I never even called him a retard, i called his opinion retarded. I actually like him as a poster and most of the time with me, is busting balls. Most posters I have no issue with at all and its generally them complaining that cannot move on.

I mean you have even blatantly over stpped the mark on rules with abuse with me, when you never apply the same reasoning to warn others with abuse. As it was personal to you. So as a test, everytime one of the girlie gang now insults, I will PM you. Just to show you are out of touch with reality on this. And in fact you are showing as we all do a subconscious bias

You aren't the only person I've warned on basemented for insults, didge. And even with you I think it's only been maybe twice? (could be wrong though, don't go searching lol) Wink

As I said though, I've generally been laissez-faire with this, including in the post from Andy, precisely because everyone does this kind of thing sometimes anyway, and it gets hard to set boundaries.

My personal dislike is when an otherwise civil discussion ends up with insults flying. Honestly, when people just parade around throwing insults all over the place, without necessarily contributing to any discussion, to me it comes across as trollish and honestly isn't 'disrupting' any argument, since there was never one to begin with.

But I hate it when what was a decent discussion is ruined when one side resorts to insults.

As said though, unless Ben and Eds want it, I'm not going to get heavy-handed with this sort of thing.

I agree on the real reason forums are dying though - social media has killed them Sad
of course the correct solution to threads decending into abuse is prune the abuse out into a thread of its own and let the thread continue, rather than shutting down the whole thread, but then of course it might mean actually spending some time doing it and Meh.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3966
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by The Devil, You Know on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:33 am

a good case in point might be pruning out the none ads posts and putting them in a thread of their own as the issue of abuse seems to be something with a thread of its own. but again that would require you lot spending 5 minutes doing your jobs. but at least there are enough of you that you can not have to spend too much time on it personally.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3966
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by nicko on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:34 am

+1
nicko
nicko

Posts : 13185
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:45 am

There's actually no reason why this forum shouldn't have a lot more members because it does have a wide range of topics. Perhaps the header about polite and civil debate is actually putting some potential members off. Laughing

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by The Devil, You Know on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:57 am

Raggamuffin wrote:There's actually no reason why this forum shouldn't have a lot more members because it does have a wide range of topics. Perhaps the header about polite and civil debate is actually putting some potential members off. Laughing
all these forums reach a certain point and then all the same people are just left. A reason may be that the more left wing ones always try to make it in their own image and force others out, until it is just an echo chamber. It happened on ADO, it happened on onion swappers, it happened on loose lips and it has happened here to a certain extent. Free speech means hearing things you dont like, not just the things you do.,


Last edited by The Devil, You Know on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3966
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by 'Wolfie on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:57 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
nicko wrote:
The biggest "insulter on this Forum is Wolfie, if anyone can't see that they are bloody blind !!!!!

wolfie, andwew and vera all seem to have hatred to their very core.

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 3489511464

More total bullshit from the idiot InaFlop brigade...

You floptard dumbfucks have more "hate" in your little toes than veya, Andy and I have between us..

Deano and Smelly' are a couple of the worst habitual "haters" on here, after Horatio Troll that is.


As for nicko's frequent whinging about insults from me :  all I can say is suck it up, big boy !  It's not like I don't cop plenty of abuse from a small gang of arrogant and elitist Brits on here..


Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 8175
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 62
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by The Devil, You Know on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:58 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
wolfie, andwew and vera all seem to have hatred to their very core.

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 3489511464

More total bullshit from the idiot InaFlop brigade...

You floptard dumbfucks have more "hate" in your little toes than veya, Andy and I have between us..

Deano and Smelly' are a couple of the worst habitual "haters" on here, after Horatio Troll that is.


As for nicko's frequent whinging about insults from me,  all I can say is suck it up, big boy !  It's not like I don't copy plenty of abuse from a small gang of arrogant and elitist Brits on here..
I leave it to the village idiots village idiot to prove my point.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3966
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by 'Wolfie on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:03 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 3489511464

More total bullshit from the idiot InaFlop brigade...

You floptard dumbfucks have more "hate" in your little toes than veya, Andy and I have between us..

Deano and Smelly' are a couple of the worst habitual "haters" on here, after Horatio Troll that is.


As for nicko's frequent whinging about insults from me,  all I can say is suck it up, big boy !  It's not like I don't copy plenty of abuse from a small gang of arrogant and elitist Brits on here..
I leave it to the village idiots village idiot to prove my point.

Cool

Keep trolling, fuckwit...

Your inbred stupidity is only outclassed by your blind arrogance..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 8175
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 62
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by The Devil, You Know on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:06 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
I leave it to the village idiots village idiot to prove my point.

Cool

Keep trolling,  fuckwit...

Your inbred stupidity is only outclassed by your blind arrogance..
the gift that keeps on giving

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3966
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by 'Wolfie on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:11 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:There's actually no reason why this forum shouldn't have a lot more members because it does have a wide range of topics. Perhaps the header about polite and civil debate is actually putting some potential members off. Laughing
all these forums reach a certain point and then all the same people are just left. A reason may be that the more left wing ones always try to make it in their own image and force others out, until it is just an echo chamber. It happened on ADO, it happened on onion swappers, it happened on loose lips and it has happened here to a certain extent. Free speech means hearing things you dont like, not just the things you do.,

Rolling Eyes

Stop your trolling lies, fucktard...

Your InAFlap flopped because of your own toxic racist and xenophobic fascist friends..

Most of the genuine "left wingers" on here have either drifted away, or simply stopped posting, the last couple of years -- largely due to the overbearing presence of a couple of right-wing and un-aligned British bully gangs.

Your silly and mindless attacks against 'lefties' and 'socialists' remains, as always, nothing more than a self-indulgent and unsubstantiated pathetic wankfest on your part..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 8175
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 62
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by 'Wolfie on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:14 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Cool

Keep trolling,  fuckwit...

Your inbred stupidity is only outclassed by your blind arrogance..
the gift that keeps on giving

Rolling Eyes

Your brand of inbred stupidity, you mean...

You and Smelly' remain the 'lefties' best weapons on here..

What with your incessant racism, xenophobia, sexism and mindless drivel.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 8175
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 62
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by The Devil, You Know on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:19 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
the gift that keeps on giving

Rolling Eyes

Your brand of inbred stupidity, you mean...

You and Smelly' remain the 'lefties' best weapons on here..

What with your incessant racism, xenophobia, sexism and mindless drivel.
the neverending story

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3966
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by eddie on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:21 pm

I’m sorry, I think I just I woke up to find I was in the year 2014 again....

_________________
”Do I contradict myself? Very well; I contradict myself. I am vast, I contain multitudes”
~ Walt Whitman
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40932
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Syl on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:46 pm

I dont know why this forum doesn't have more people joining....maybe it's too middle of the road.
I have been on forums where anything goes re insults, pictures posted, etc....people join because they love to bully online or urge on other bullies, they do well BECAUSE of the abuse.

Other forums dont allow it and yet still manage to run well.
I was a member of a really well run forum for a few years "Dallas Digest"....it eventually closed but whilst it was active it was very busy.

There was plenty discussion and arguments there, but within the bounds of 'Treat other posters the same way you would treat guests into your home'...ie with respect.


_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 19834
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:51 pm

They can't allow much abuse here because it's a free forum. Forums which are paid for get away with more.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Syl on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:They can't allow much abuse here because it's a free forum. Forums which are paid for get away with more.

It's pretty abusive to be called a slag and a cunt just because you disagree with someone though.
Look at it this way....would it happen in real life?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 19834
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Thorin on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:56 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:They can't allow much abuse here because it's a free forum. Forums which are paid for get away with more.

It's pretty abusive to be called a slag and a cunt just because you disagree with someone though.
Look at it this way....would it happen in real life?

But dick, stupid little man, schizophrenic etc to name but a few are fine to you

If you find something wrong and abusive and are absuive yourself.

You have no leg to stand on

After all they are only words and only have meaning, if you apply meaning to them yourself

Thorin

Posts : 10849
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by eddie on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:01 pm

At the end of the day, if a poster can’t debate without losing their shit and getting abusive and cap-locks shouting at you, then they really aren’t worth the time.

So walk away and go find another thread.

_________________
”Do I contradict myself? Very well; I contradict myself. I am vast, I contain multitudes”
~ Walt Whitman
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40932
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum