NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Christmas traditions dying out in your house?

+9
magica
JulesV
Ben Reilly
Vintage
eddie
nicko
HoratioTarr
Original Quill
Syl
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are Christmas traditions dying out in your house? - Page 2 Empty Are Christmas traditions dying out in your house?

Post by Syl Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Are all the old Christmas traditions dying out or do you still keep to old ways of celebrating this time of year?
Do you still put a tree up, decorate outside, cook traditional fare, send cards, buy presents, or have you adapted the way you spend Christmas to a more modern lifestyle?

Are Christmas traditions dying out in your house? - Page 2 PROD-Christmas-Glowing-fireplace-hearth-tree-Red-stockings-Gifts-and-decorations

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/christmas-traditions-like-pudding-pennies-13619174
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Are Christmas traditions dying out in your house? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Christmas traditions dying out in your house?

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer is indeed about bullying. The other reindeer only liked Rudolph when he became famous.

It's a workplace that promotes that sort of attitude.  Isn't a lump of coal just a way of shaming?

Do you mean the elves' workshop?

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Are Christmas traditions dying out in your house? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Christmas traditions dying out in your house?

Post by Syl Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:05 pm

I always thought the ugly duckling was a song about bullying too.
The message in both is if you are considered ugly or different others dont want to know you.

Luckily kids just see the happy endings and dont delve too deep into the message.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Shouldn't these songs be seen as morality tales then instead of banning them. I'd hate to see what would happen with the banning folks and fairy tales.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Vintage wrote:Shouldn't these songs be seen as morality tales then instead of banning them. I'd hate to see what would happen with the banning folks and fairy tales.
Well thnking about it they have started on fairy tales - sadly.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Think I'd better put a light on - mucked that up.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Vintage wrote:
Vintage wrote:Shouldn't these songs be seen as morality tales then instead of banning them. I'd hate to see what would happen with the banning folks and fairy tales.
Well thnking about it they have started on fairy tales - sadly.

I dont agree with banning them either. Fairy tales and songs of old are part of our heritage. Times change but that's no reason to wipe out the history of childhood tales.

The ugly/different ones came good anyway, so like you say, they are tales of morality that kids can learn from.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:28 pm

Xmas Dinner in my house is just the Wife and I, the kids all have their own families now. But after Dinner it's chaos, 3 of my kids, 8 grandchildren,15 great grand children, all opening Presents. The Cat disappears god knows where, wish I could !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:37 pm

Sounds great Nicko, our Christmas is very quiet these days, I remember our house bursting at the seams at Christmas when I was a girl, family, friends, and sometimes people we'd only just met. Wonderful chaos. Then all the nephews and nieces grew up and had families of their own, now they have grandchildren so they are experiencing the delights of family Christmas, although very nice I bet its not as magical as our old fashioned Christmas.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Syl wrote:I always thought the ugly duckling was a song about bullying too.
The message in both is if you are considered ugly or different others dont want to know you.

Luckily kids just see the happy endings and dont delve too deep into the message.

Yes, but what about the adults? Crying or Very sad
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:40 pm

I keep meaning to get the tree out of the loft, but I can't get up there at the moment - keep having trouble with my joints.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I keep meaning to get the tree out of the loft, but I can't get up there at the moment - keep having trouble with my joints.

Oh, cruel irony!

If you could but roll the joints, you could smoke them and get a little relief from the pain!

Wait what?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:03 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I keep meaning to get the tree out of the loft, but I can't get up there at the moment - keep having trouble with my joints.

Oh, cruel irony!

If you could but roll the joints, you could smoke them and get a little relief from the pain!

Wait what?

Huh? Have you been imbibing?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:42 am

maybe you're rolling them too tight

do the tree first then sort out your joints

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:26 pm

gelico wrote:

Cool

It's OK - someone else is going to get the tree down. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:20 pm

My Joints keep falling apart, all over the Carpet !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:41 pm

nicko wrote:My Joints keep falling apart,   all over the Carpet !

You’re not licking the sticky bit properly. Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:56 pm

I'll have you know, I'm very good at licking, up, down and sideways !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:I always thought the ugly duckling was a song about bullying too.

Yes, but what about the adults? Crying or Very sad

These songs and tales are specifically meant for children, we adults have enough stuff without messing around with Hans Christian Andersons beloved stories or Santas little helpers.. Smile
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
gelico wrote:

Cool

It's OK - someone else is going to get the tree down. Laughing

cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's a workplace that promotes that sort of attitude.  Isn't a lump of coal just a way of shaming?

Do you mean the elves' workshop?

Technically, it would be the reindeer stables.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:29 pm

That's a good point. If a reindeer with a lighted nose has value, then a Muslim or a Mexican surely has value as well.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:31 pm

What's a Muslim have to do with it ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:42 pm

nicko wrote:What's a Muslim have to do with it ?

RW'ers are not adept at seeing analogies.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:57 pm

Syl wrote:We should take a photo of our Christmas decorations when they are put up in a few weeks and post it .
We did this once before on a forum ...it's nice to see how other people decorate their houses.
OH has just done the tree outside....it gets bigger every year, it's his pride and joy.

Bollox....I cant get the pic to load. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:47 pm

Are Christmas traditions dying out in your house? - Page 2 3ed2ae13

Done it. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2