NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump is bezerk

+2
Maddog
Andy
6 posters

Go down

Trump is bezerk Empty Trump is bezerk

Post by Andy Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:16 am

ffs why not just give the kids bullet proof vests as school uniform and give them pistols. And give the trachers machine guns and grenades.

http://dailym.ai/2opYnxJ
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Trump is bezerk Empty Re: Trump is bezerk

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:31 am

Angry Andy wrote:ffs why not just give the kids bullet proof vests as school uniform and give them pistols. And give the trachers machine guns and grenades.

http://dailym.ai/2opYnxJ

I think Andy and Trump could share a room in the same nut house.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:39 am

I like the idea of giving certain Teachers guns, after medical checks and intensive training.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:20 pm

nicko wrote:
I like the idea of giving certain Teachers guns,  after medical checks and intensive training.

Smile

Why not employ a couple of suitably-trained and qualified security guards ???

Oh, that's right -- some of the more at-risk schools in the USA have already been doing that for a good while, already !!!

"Only in the USA.."

P.S, Most people would be better off in Andy's mental hospital, than whatever nut house DopeyDawg resides in.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:05 pm

Because Security Guards would stand out a mile, be the first persons "taken out"!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:27 pm

The Israelis do a pretty good job of guarding their schools. From what I can gather, only teachers in the settlements are armed, but all schools have some sort of security, usually military.

Texas allows for school districts to make their own decisions regarding armed teachers. A few districts have them. I think their identity is kept secret. What isn't a secret is the fact that they are armed. The schools have large signs telling everyone that they will be met with armed resistance if you try to harm a student.

But Trumps idea is never going to fly in most districts around the country. Teachers and administrators are not going to want guns on their campus.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:52 pm

nicko wrote:I like the idea of giving certain Teachers guns,  after medical checks and intensive training.

I was a teacher for half of my life.  If you were to ask me to carry a lethal weapon, I would need, oh, say, and additional $1-million/year over and above my normal salary.  There are important psychic costs and responsibilities associated with taking a life.

There are no good guys/bad guys, such that you choose to whom to give the gun.  All you would do is arm the next shooter, who turns out to be a disgruntled teacher angry at the principal. At least academy police officers receive training that impress upon them practices and a moral code. However, even cops are not always the good guys, as we see in the Black Lives Matter shootings.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:I like the idea of giving certain Teachers guns,  after medical checks and intensive training.

I was a teacher for half of my life.  If you were to ask me to carry a lethal weapon, I would need, oh, say, and additional $1-million/year over and above my normal salary.  There are important psychic costs and responsibilities associated with taking a life.

There are no good guys/bad guys, such that you choose to whom to give the gun.  All you would do is arm the next shooter, who turns out to be a disgruntled teacher angry at the principal.

Yeah, arming you would be a bad idea.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:04 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

There are no good guys/bad guys, such that you choose to whom to give the gun.  All you would do is arm the next shooter, who turns out to be a disgruntled teacher angry at the principal.

Just because I'm tough and answer back, doesn't make me a candidate. In fact, one theory has it that these are weaklings, disgusted with themselves for being unable to push back.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Just because I'm tough and answer back, doesn't make me a candidate.  In fact, one theory has it that these are weaklings, disgusted with themselves for being unable to push back.

No one who doesn't want to carry a gun should ever be forced to. Compound that with your need for a million dollars to carry one to defend students, and you're hardly a prime candidate for an effective armed deterrent.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Let's put it this way. Volunteers are more effective in the military than conscripts.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:31 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Just because I'm tough and answer back, doesn't make me a candidate.  In fact, one theory has it that these are weaklings, disgusted with themselves for being unable to push back.

No one who doesn't want to carry a gun should ever be forced to. Compound that with your need for a million dollars to carry one to defend students, and you're hardly a prime candidate for an effective armed deterrent.

Who cares? It's capitalism. Put it out there that it's the going rate, and watch the market rise. Same as professional athletes.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Who cares?  It's capitalism.  Put it out there that it's the going rate, and watch the market rise.  Same as professional athletes.

Yes it is. And since you're hardly worth that figure, others will get the job. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:47 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Who cares?  It's capitalism.  Put it out there that it's the going rate, and watch the market rise.  Same as professional athletes.

Yes it is.  And since you're hardly worth that figure, others will get the job. Wink

My point exactly!

The idea will fail because people who sign up to teach, don't want to end up killing their students. It's counterintuitive. I admit that ex-soldiers have experience in killing babies, but by gaining employment in more helpful ways they show they don't want to pursue that anymore.

Hence, my theory that they should raise the price if the school wants them to do distasteful things.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:06 pm

"Ex soldiers have experience of killing Babies", your a geranium !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yes it is.  And since you're hardly worth that figure, others will get the job. Wink

My point exactly!

The idea will fail because people who sign up to teach, don't want to end up killing their students.  It's counterintuitive.  I admit that ex-soldiers have experience in killing babies, but by gaining employment in more helpful ways they show they don't want to pursue that anymore.

Hence, my theory that they should raise the price if the school wants them to do distasteful things.

How much do volunteer fireman make and is there any risk involved?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

My point exactly!

The idea will fail because people who sign up to teach, don't want to end up killing their students.  It's counterintuitive.  I admit that ex-soldiers have experience in killing babies, but by gaining employment in more helpful ways they show they don't want to pursue that anymore.

How much do volunteer fireman make and is there any risk involved?

They chose their life. So did cops. More importantly, they got, and are getting on-going training. It seems to me that a teacher chose the opposite life.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:33 pm

what a fucked up situation where it is even being considered asking educators to arm themselves.

If only there was some Amendment that could be amended that would fix the problems and stop all the shootings.
geek
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down