NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We all need one another, you know

+8
Miffs2
veya_victaous
Eilzel
Original Quill
Cass
Maddog
eddie
Ben Reilly
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We all need one another, you know Empty We all need one another, you know

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:45 pm

There are so many lines of division going on now that it can be hard to see, but if you think about it, we need all types if any of us is going to be safe, is going to grow and is going to thrive.

First example - the left wingers need the right wingers.

The left wants everyone to get along, for there to be peace, for there to be perfect understanding. Except, sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

The left needs the right to be ready get its hackles up in the face of a threat; to say, "Don't be so trusting that you get suckered," to emphasize protecting what you have.

The right also needs the left, though -- to say, most strangers could be friends. Most people mean you absolutely no harm. Most people would go out of their way to help you, because everyone feels good when they can say they've helped someone out.

The optimists and pessimists need one another. Optimists need to hear that sometimes things all fall to shit and there's nothing you can do about it. Pessimists need to hear that sometimes, even when you've given up all hope of living a more fulfilling life or really finding happiness, it comes to you. When you least expect it. Out of the blue clear sky.

I've learned from everyone here who's ever spoken from the heart. I know I wouldn't be so mellow with a few of you here were it not for someone I really respect and have learned from. I wouldn't have become a writer if it weren't for a teacher who told me he looked forward to reading my writing assignments. I even learn from the people I don't like. They've helped shape my values just as much as the people I love.

So it might be nice to every once in a while, stop, take a breath, reflect and consider that everyone you've ever encountered has helped you in one way or another. You wouldn't be who you are without them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

We all need one another, you know Empty Re: We all need one another, you know

Post by eddie Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 pm

This, is the very reason I like you Ben Reilly.
Take everything away from what we have now, and this right here, is why you're worth every minute I spend with you.

Great post dude.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:56 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:There are so many lines of division going on now that it can be hard to see, but if you think about it, we need all types if any of us is going to be safe, is going to grow and is going to thrive.

The left wants everyone to get along, for there to be peace, for there to be perfect understanding. Except, sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

The left needs the right to be ready get its hackles up in the face of a threat; to say, "Don't be so trusting that you get suckered," to emphasize protecting what you have.

The right also needs the left, though -- to say, most strangers could be friends. Most people mean you absolutely no harm. Most people would go out of their way to help you, because everyone feels good when they can say they've helped someone out.

The optimists and pessimists need one another. Optimists need to hear that sometimes things all fall to shit and there's nothing you can do about it. Pessimists need to hear that sometimes, even when you've given up all hope of living a more fulfilling life or really finding happiness, it comes to you. When you least expect it. Out of the blue clear sky.

I've learned from everyone here who's ever spoken from the heart. I know I wouldn't be so mellow with a few of you here were it not for someone I really respect and have learned from. I wouldn't have become a writer if it weren't for a teacher who told me he looked forward to reading my writing assignments. I even learn from the people I don't like. They've helped shape my values just as much as the people I love.

So it might be nice to every once in a while, stop, take a breath, reflect and consider that everyone you've ever encountered has helped you in one way or another. You wouldn't be who you are without them.

Then try to remember this place would not function without us guests.
Yes its your place, but people of reason listen to each other and today, you have seemed nothing more than stubborn, which has escalated. With myself and others annoyed. You know i do not mean anything ill towards you or anyone.

You have your principles, so do I.

Nice post though

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:58 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:There are so many lines of division going on now that it can be hard to see, but if you think about it, we need all types if any of us is going to be safe, is going to grow and is going to thrive.

What we need are more people like me. It's unfortunate that you have failed to realize that.

Yet. tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:13 am

Dude. So true.

Love ya cowgirl fan x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:22 am

Ben wrote:There are so many lines of division going on now that it can be hard to see, but if you think about it, we need all types if any of us is going to be safe, is going to grow and is going to thrive.

I'm not so optimistic. The minute we started inventing our own facts, we lost the bridge. Normal reason is necessary for communication. Normal reason looks like this: (facts) + (logic) = truth. However as soon as 'alternate facts' were introduced, it became (anything) + (logic) = truth. You can see that truth has become more slippery, and communication much more difficult.

Communication is necessary to build the bridge to bring any two sides together. Civilization has taken a step backwards when we lost the common ground of truth. When facts can be made up, there is no truth.

Progress moves by modus ponens logic: 'If (fact), then (result)...' For example, if our nation is attacked, we agree to strike back. But what if we can’t agree we have been attacked? Where we can't reach agreement on truth (fact), there is no progress. When there is no progress, ipso facto there is no working together.

This division is decisive for the Divided States. I'm afraid it's a social gridlock. Best to salvage what we can and go our separate ways.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:38 am

Original Quill wrote:
Ben wrote:There are so many lines of division going on now that it can be hard to see, but if you think about it, we need all types if any of us is going to be safe, is going to grow and is going to thrive.

I'm not so optimistic.  The minute we started inventing our own facts, we lost the bridge.  Normal reason is necessary for communication.  Normal reason looks like this: (facts) + (logic) = truth.  However as soon as 'alternate facts' were introduced, it became (anything) + (logic) = truth.  You can see that truth has become more slippery, and communication much more difficult.

Communication is necessary to build the bridge to bring any two sides together.  Civilization has taken a step backwards when we lost the common ground of truth.  When facts can be made up, there is no truth.

Progress moves by modus ponens logic: 'If (fact), then (result)...'  For example, if our nation is attacked, we agree to strike back.  But what if we can’t agree we have been attacked? Where we can't reach agreement on truth (fact), there is no progress.  When there is no progress, ipso facto there is no working together.

This division is decisive for the Divided States.  I'm afraid it's a social gridlock.  Best to salvage what we can and go our separate ways.

Since when did you give a shit about facts?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:47 am

Cass, this guy has a heart of gold. He has a laugh that can make me laugh for hours but most of all, he listens. He always listens even when people think he doesn’t.

It’s why he’s one of my favourite people and I respect him so much.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:50 am

Original Quill wrote:

I'm not so optimistic.  The minute we started inventing our own facts, we lost the bridge.  Normal reason is necessary for communication.  Normal reason looks like this: (facts) + (logic) = truth.  However as soon as 'alternate facts' were introduced, it became (anything) + (logic) = truth.  You can see that truth has become more slippery, and communication much more difficult.

Communication is necessary to build the bridge to bring any two sides together.  Civilization has taken a step backwards when we lost the common ground of truth.  When facts can be made up, there is no truth.

Progress moves by modus ponens logic: 'If (fact), then (result)...'  For example, if our nation is attacked, we agree to strike back.  But what if we can’t agree we have been attacked? Where we can't reach agreement on truth (fact), there is no progress.  When there is no progress, ipso facto there is no working together.

This division is decisive for the Divided States.  I'm afraid it's a social gridlock.  Best to salvage what we can and go our separate ways.

Dude. It's MLK Day today. Are you serious?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:01 am

Probably the nicest post I've ever read on here. Perhaps I wouldn't go as far as saying I ever needed the most extreme RWers but still lol. We need more if this in the world Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:08 am

Eilzel wrote:Probably the nicest post I've ever read on here. Perhaps I wouldn't go as far as saying I ever needed the most extreme RWers  but still lol. We need more if this in the world Smile

And that is why you are my longtime friend fam. We all need one another, you know 2089010162
You never let me down.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:13 am

Eilzel wrote:Probably the nicest post I've ever read on here. Perhaps I wouldn't go as far as saying I ever needed the most extreme RWers  but still lol. We need more if this in the world Smile

Dude. I love you
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 am

eddie wrote:Cass, this guy has a heart of gold. He has a laugh that can make me laugh for hours but most of all, he listens.  He always listens even when people think he doesn’t.

It’s why he’s one of my favourite people and I respect him so much.

I get it. I may not agree with him, or you all the time but hey life is not perfect. Neither are humans.

I’m glad you’re both happy together. Sniff...it’s the chillies...I swear...
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:16 am

eddie wrote:

And that is why you are my longtime friend fam.  We all need one another, you know 2089010162
You never let me down.

Likewise I love you We all need one another, you know 2089010162
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:30 am

eddie wrote:

And that is why you are my longtime friend fam.  We all need one another, you know 2089010162
You never let me down.

Does this mean the US is going to eventually get another immigrant? Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:44 am

I like Texas. I could see myself in turquoise cowboy boots. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 am

eddie wrote:I like Texas.  I could see myself in turquoise cowboy boots. Cool

Shocked

Start off with something a little less bold and ease into it. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:51 am

Maddog wrote:

Shocked

Ummm you don’t know Eddie. She doesn’t do subtle. They’ll be turquoise with the pointers toes shooting out glitter. Cool
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:56 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Shocked

Ummm you don’t know Eddie. She doesn’t do subtle. They’ll be turquoise with the pointers toes shooting out glitter. Cool

Well, as long as she gets some big hair, I guess it's OK. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

Frosted big Texas hair! God I remember those ladies lol!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:34 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Frosted big Texas hair! God I remember those ladies lol!

I think Ann Richards had about 12 feet of hair piled on her head. Sorta like Marge Simpson. Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:05 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You are irrelevant in this discussion.  It's way beyond your redneck intellect.

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:07 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Dude. It's MLK Day today. Are you serious?

Absolutely. Unless you can find a way around this dilemma I describe, I'm afraid that's the reality.

No matter how much rah-rah you can wrap around MLK day, it's the reality.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:08 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You are irrelevant in this discussion.  I't beyond you.

Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:13 am

Maddog wrote:

Shocked

well whatever shoes she gets they need to fit with Ben's already well established style geek

Watch the first 30 seconds to see Ben's favourite pair Cool Cool Cool Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:32 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Shocked

well whatever shoes she gets they need to fit with Ben's already well established style geek

That was so similar to mine and edd's vacation, it's uncanny.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:11 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Shocked

That was so similar to mine and edd's vacation, it's uncanny.

I know it's the way you roll We all need one another, you know 2979638464
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Aaaand everybody loves everybody again We all need one another, you know 4214183177
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:12 pm

Is this a brown nosing competition??

Has poor little Ben's ego taken a battering over his censorship of Conservative views??

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Is this a brown nosing competition??

Has poor little Ben's ego taken a battering over his censorship of Conservative views??

You ask a lot of questions. It’s a pity that you never find a fulfilling answer.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:22 pm

eddie wrote:

You ask a lot of questions. It’s a pity that you never find a fulfilling answer.  

Well what's the answers to my questions then??

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:23 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:

No
No

Happy?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:26 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

No
No

Happy?

What's this?? 20 questions??

Mind your own business

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:28 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

No
No

Happy?

Mind your own business

He he. You did runned all out of steam from all that jumping up and down you did yesterday. Have a day where you chill your beans and do a spot of gardening for Mother.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:30 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Mind your own business

He he.  You did runned all out of steam from all that jumping up and down you did yesterday.  Have a day where you chill your beans and do a spot of gardening for Mother.

I will be posting dw articles eddie

I'm just waiting for a juicy one

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Miffs2 wrote:Aaaand everybody loves everybody again We all need one another, you know 4214183177

Again suggests that I previously loved everybody.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:01 pm

We all need one another, you know Kumbaya-smiley
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Syl wrote:We all need one another, you know Kumbaya-smiley

That's what's missing! Community singing cheers
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:46 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Mind your own business

He he.  You did runned all out of steam from all that jumping up and down you did yesterday.  Have a day where you chill your beans and do a spot of gardening for Mother.

You know what will happen if you do.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

You will go home in a huff and take your ball with you? lol!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Syl wrote:We all need one another, you know Kumbaya-smiley

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' I said I'll never get enough We all need one another, you know 3852033631

What? No other Judas Priest fans here?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Cass wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

I'm takin' I said I'll never get enough  We all need one another, you know 3852033631

We could do a bit of Dana or Nana Mouskouri!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Cass wrote:

I'm takin' I said I'll never get enough  We all need one another, you know 3852033631

We could do a bit of Dana or Nana Mouskouri!

Pfft. How about the Macarena?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:18 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

You will go home in a huff and take your ball with you?  lol!

Oh no. Smelly took all the balls and made them into sour lemons.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

yeah you will shit yourself and throw a hissy fit

there isnt much point in posting in a forum that only lets you post from CNN

so my choices are dont post or only post CNN

gee you kinda remove the threat of banning with those options dont you??

as if i care anyway, ben shapiro has had more traffic on his FB page and dailywire in a minute that you have on this pissant dead end tumble weed forum in its whole existence, he gives speeches and makes more money per word than you do in a week

but yeah he is fake news, and banning him on this shithole is really going to bother him

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Bloody Hell Smelly, haven't you worn your hands down to the stumps yet, just come man do, unless you suffer from anejaculation, in which case see a doctor before the whole forum dies of boredom. Sheeesh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:16 pm

sassy wrote:Bloody Hell Smelly, haven't you worn your hands down to the stumps yet, just come man do, unless you suffer from anejaculation, in which case see a doctor before the whole forum dies of boredom.   Sheeesh!

dont worry sassy

i predict i will be banned pretty soon

then you can come back and be the queen bee again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:19 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
sassy wrote:Bloody Hell Smelly, haven't you worn your hands down to the stumps yet, just come man do, unless you suffer from anejaculation, in which case see a doctor before the whole forum dies of boredom.   Sheeesh!

dont worry sassy

Haven't got the time, energy or patience for it. And you won't get banned, not a hope in hell, just carry on with your wankfest, it's really funny to read, you are so bloody desperate lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:25 pm

sassy wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

dont worry sassy

Haven't got the time, energy or patience for it.   And you won't get banned, not a hope in hell, just carry on with your wankfest, it's really funny to read, you are so bloody desperate lol.

i predict that before this week is done i will report mission accomplished to my handlers at the other place.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:41 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
sassy wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

dont worry sassy

Haven't got the time, energy or patience for it.   And you won't get banned, not a hope in hell, just carry on with your wankfest, it's really funny to read, you are so bloody desperate lol.

i predict that before this week is done i will report mission accomplished to my handlers at the other place.

You are really, really, sad. And I get the feeling they probably care a lot less than you do about it and we care a lot less than them.
Still, it’ll be good for your social life.
And!
You have a story to tell and Mother will be so proud.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum