NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

+2
Ben Reilly
veya_victaous
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard Empty Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:55 am

IMMIGRATION Minister Peter Dutton has given his approval of the controversial billboard featuring two young Muslim girls wearing hijabs.

In an interview with 3AW, Mr Dutton described the billboard as “great”, saying Australians should not be offended by the hijab or headscarf if they see it in public.

The billboard, which was put up in Melbourne to promote a government-funded Australia Day event in Melbourne, was removed this week after advertising company QMS began to receive threats.

“I think it’s great that we’ve got young boys, young girls from whatever background who are embracing Australian values, flying the Australian flag, proud to be Australian, proud to be part of our society, want to be part of a peaceful future in this country,” Mr Dutton said.

“They’re all the values that all of us embrace.”

“People have different elements to their dress and their culture that they embrace,” he said.

“I think what most Australians expect from any of us from a migrant background, and ultimately that’s the case for most of us, is that we respect the culture from our country of origin but we embrace Australian values.”

The photograph used in the billboard image was taken at an Australia Day event in Docklands last year.

Victorian Multicultural Affairs Minister Robin Scott announced that the billboard was being removed earlier this week.

But advertising guru Dee Madigan launched a crowd funding appeal to have the billboard brought back and she has received a stunning response.

Her GoFundMe campaign has since raised $130,000, and is continuing to rise.

She hopes to have the advertisement featured in newspapers, street posters and billboards around the country.

“People are just really against this, it just does not make sense,” Ms Madigan told News Corp.

“It is just a really nice photo of two young, pretty Australian girls celebrating Australia Day.”

“The response has been fantastic. We are already in talks with media buyers and hopefully we will have billboards in every capital city for Australia Day.”

The billboard sat beside a Melbourne freeway and advertised an official flag-raising ceremony in Docklands and an Australia Day Parade in the Kings Domain Gardens.

The decision to take the billboard down was celebrated by far-right groups on social media.

“I am not surprised people complained about it, but this was particularly stupid,” said Ms Madigan, whose life has been the subject of ABC TV’s One Plus One program.

“They complain Muslims don’t assimilate, then they complain about a photo and a billboard like this. It highlights the fact it is just plain racism. And it shows that Muslims are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

“We just want to see these two Australian girls put back up on a billboard about Australia Day.”

Ms Madigan said the widespread support for her campaign was illustrated by a $1500 donation by Sydney-based Tiyce Lawyers. The firm’s principal Michael Tiyce is president of the East Sydney Liberal branch, she added.

Ms Madigan said she hadn’t spoken to the girls in the picture, who have not been named.

“I’m not sure how they are but I imagine it is pretty awful when people think a photo of you is pretty awful,” she said.

Any money left over from the campaign will be donated to the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/immigration-minister-peter-dutton-says-controversial-australia-day-Muslim-themed-billboard-is-great/news-story/d646d1aa56dd8be4ee3e154b92925d8f
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard Empty Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:08 am

This has been an interesting Story and a Victory for Multiculturalists

the Background:
A group of Right Wing Nationalist UnAustralian Fuckwits that should fuck off back to pommie land WHINED and threatened Violence because a Billboard (one of a series that showed everyone) had 2 young Muslim Girls.
They whine it Staged, But it wasn't it was from the year before.

the Victorians took it down fearing the RW thugs, But Dee Madigan took things into her own hands and Started a GoFunMe Campaign to Pay to put it back up. she has gotten 10 times the funds required So now it is going National!!!
If that isn't a great big FUCK YOU to the RW nationalist I don't know what is. they can whine and we will just PAY to make it happen!!!

this has all the hallmarks of the new left in Australia ('new left' started with the idea "fuck it, lets just buy the forests so loggers cant" but has proven successful so is now supported used more widely to further LW causes)
the difference and WHY this is great social victory is the RW are Splitting the decent RW have had enough of the Racists Hillshepherd and joined in donating to Celebrate our Multiculturalism and defend our Aussie Muslims. From the UnAustralian Right WHINGERS
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard Empty Re: Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:46 am

I never really realized how so many people seem to have appointed themselves guardians of their nation's cultures until the past few years.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:54 am

Unfortunately I Cant post pic's at work, but it is at the source.
it is a nice image of what is OBVIOSULY 2 proud Aussies

but some dumb asses only see the head scarf No No
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:57 am

Immirgation Minister Backs Muslim billboard B811dc9c797a04dc0497574e1c3555bc
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:26 am

Australia should embrace its multiculturalism which includes Muslims, but how is this helping the countless Muslims around the world enforced to wear the Hijab? Its not found within the Quran and is a symbol of oppression to many Muslim women. Whilst I see the attempt is in good faith to embrace all cultures. Why are they backing the likes of Muslim countries that force women to wear. Its not a choice to wear either. The choice is in the belief and school of thought in Islam. They are basically sticking two fingers up to those forced to wear.

If Muslims really had a choice to wear and not one where they are conditioned through fear to wear. That they will suffer in an afterlife, based on the view they are at fault for the desires of men. Then many Muslim women would in solidarity not wear the Hijab until such nations stopped enforcing this on their Muslim sisters. Until this is achieved and they then reverted back to wearing. That would be a real choice on wearing. All this does is back the view to oppress Muslim women.

So its not a victory for Multiculturalism, its a victory for those who oppress women, which nobody should be celebrating.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:53 pm

it's a head scarf dick head and how about you listen to all the Muslims girls that Choose to

and go fuck your uneducated opinion,
Cause When I did have a Muslim girlfriend she wore one most of the time And I sure as fuck did not force her too and Neither did her dad, He let her date me after all Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:01 pm

veya_victaous wrote:it's a head scarf dick head and how about you listen to all the Muslims girls that Choose to

Cause When I did have a Muslim girlfriend she wore one most of the time And I sure as fuck did not force her too and Neither did her dad, He let her date me after all Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

So you are also basically sticking two fingers up to all the Muslim women forced to wear this.
You do realise that in places like Iran, it is law that they have to wear.
That is forcing Muslim women to wear and thus oppressing women.

Like I said, its the belief that is the choice, as other Muslims do not believe they have to cover their hair or that they are at fault for the desires of men. It only says in the Quran to cover the breasts.
So how are you helping these Muslim women who are being oppressed by backing this form of oppression?

Its like I said:

If Muslims really had a choice to wear and not one where they are conditioned through fear to wear. That they will suffer in an afterlife, based on the view they are at fault for the desires of men. Then many Muslim women would in solidarity not wear the Hijab until such nations stopped enforcing this on their Muslim sisters. Until this is achieved and they then reverted back to wearing.

That then would be a real choice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:03 pm

More pro Muslim propaganda... and also achieves the double bonus of portraying Muslims as victims too!

Australias Islamised lefties must be giving each other big double thumbs ups over this!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:More pro Muslim propaganda... and also achieves the double bonus of portraying Muslims as victims too!

Australias Islamised lefties must be giving each other big double thumbs ups over this!

There is nothing wrong with promoting Muslims on Australia day.
They could have chosen Muslim women in traditional dress without the hijab
As the hijab is a form and symbol of oppression, as it is forced upon women to wear and ceases to be a choice.

Muslims are as much a part of Australian society as anyone else

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Comparatively nothing to do with Australian history...

Completely innapropriate subject matter for the billboard.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Comparatively nothing to do with Australian history...

Completely innapropriate subject matter for the billboard.

Really, how so?
History is what happened 5 minutes ago.
If Australia now and has had Muslims for some time, they are very much part of Australian history

Here this will show why you are in error

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:54 pm

As i said... comparatively nothing to do with Australian history...!

Completely inappropriate!

It's as appropriate a poster for 'australia day' as it would be on a poster for 'Burns night' in Scotland at the moment!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:As i said... comparatively nothing to do with Australian history...!

It's as appropriate a poster for 'australia day' as it would be on a poster for 'Burns night' in Scotland at the moment!!!

Then you are a revisionist of history and also offering nothing to discount Muslims in Australian history.

So what you are saying is that Muslims cannot be Scottish or Australian

Which is of course total nonsense

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Thorin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:it's a head scarf dick head and how about you listen to all the Muslims girls that Choose to

So you are also basically sticking two fingers up to all the Muslim women forced to wear this.

Like I said, its the belief that is the choice, as other Muslims do not believe they have to cover their hair or that they are at fault for the desires of men. It only says in the Quran to cover the breasts.
So how are you helping these Muslim women who are being oppressed by backing this form of oppression?

Its like I said:

If Muslims really had a choice to wear and not one where they are conditioned through fear to wear. That they will suffer in an afterlife, based on the view they are at fault for the desires of men. Then many Muslim women would in solidarity not wear the Hijab until such nations stopped enforcing this on their Muslim sisters. Until this is achieved and they then reverted back to wearing.

YES
like you give 2 fingers up to anyone that is not an Islamaphobe by suggesting you are in anyway entitled to force them not to.

You HAVE NO RIGHT TO tell anyone shit
YOU DON'T SEEM TO GET THAT.
which is why YOU ARE ALWAYS WRONG.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:00 am

Tommy Monk wrote:As i said... comparatively nothing to do with Australian history...!

Fuck off dickhead
they have been here for almost 150 years,
We got Afghans in very early on to help with the desert
One of our closest neighbors is the Most populous Muslim nation on earth.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Among the early Muslims were the "Afghan" camel drivers who migrated to and settled in Australia during the mid to late 19th century. Between 1860 and the 1890s a number of Central Asians came to Australia to work as camel drivers.

Cameleers settled in the areas near Alice Springs and other areas of the Northern Territory and inter-married with the Indigenous population. The Adelaide, South Australia to Darwin, Northern Territory, railway is named The Ghan (short for The Afghan) in their memory.[20]

The first mosque in Australia was built in 1861 at Marree, South Australia.[21] The Great Mosque of Adelaide was built in 1888 by the descendants of the Afghan cameleers.

Underlined Something to help the other racists on here Understand THEY DON'T HAVE A fucking clue, about Muslims or Aboriginals. Cool Cool Cool Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:59 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Its like I said:

YES
like you give 2 fingers up to anyone that is not an Islamaphobe by suggesting you are in anyway entitled to force them not to.

You HAVE NO RIGHT TO tell anyone shit
YOU DON'T SEEM TO GET THAT.
which is why YOU ARE ALWAYS WRONG.

Really because you say so?
I think not
The fact is this, representing the hijab, is representing the oppression of Muslim women
As many are forced to wear. I have stated nothing about forcing anything other than to say its wrong to promote that oppression. Which you are backing

So you are also saying I cannot be critical of things that oppress people. So you clearly have adapted the Islamism mentality to censure anything that is critical of Islam

That says it all really. You nor anyone with ever silence progressives that look to challenge forms of oppression

Its like I said:

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:20 am

No YOU think it represent oppression of women
Not a single Women I know that wear it agrees with you.

You are full of shit, you obviously do not associate with Muslims in real life cause you ideas about them being any thing other then normal people are ridiculous. And I personally Find You offensive Because I count Muslim amongst not only my friends but lovers. none of them are anything like this Bullshit you say.

Muslim Women are not as weak and pathetic as you make them out to be, some are sure CAUSE THEY ARE ALL INDIVIDUALS.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:26 am

veya_victaous wrote:No YOU think it represent oppression of women
Not a single Women I know that wear it agrees with you.

You are full of shit, you obviously do not associate with Muslims in real life cause you ideas about them being any thing other then normal people are ridiculous.  And I personally Find You offensive Because I count Muslim amongst not only my friends but lovers. none of them are anything like this Bullshit you say.

Muslim Women are not as weak and pathetic as you make them out to be, some are sure CAUSE THEY ARE ALL INDIVIDUALS.

PMSL, so those who wear and believe they should wear, through a belief of fear, that they will suffer in the after life. Are you reasoning to claim something is not oppressive. People who are conditioned to believe they should wear or suffer punishment in an after life?
That shows how utterly you have no comprehension of what oppression is or how many Muslim women are forced to wear and those wearing, are sticking two fingers up at those being oppressed.
I know Muslim women are not weak, and I am standing up for the ones being oppressed, which you think they are not based on the small minute amount of Muslims you know

Its because of regressive thinking like this, that has seen people swing to right, people like you, utterly ignorant

Read and understand

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iranian-women-in-my-stealthy-freedom-campaign-call-on-western-tourists-to-violate-headscarf-law-to-a6996136.html

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:21 am

they don't fear
they would undergo more headaches
CHOOSIGN to wear it

Unlike that Whining Jew you posted they Are strong enough to tell them "Fuck off Ya Skippy, I'll wear what I want!!" as is the Aussie way

How About YOU stop reading biased articles And fucking make some friends!!!
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:29 am

veya_victaous wrote:they don't fear
they would undergo more headaches
CHOOSIGN to wear it

Unlike that Whining Jew you posted they Are strong enough to tell them "Fuck off Ya Skippy, I'll wear what I want!!" as is the Aussie way

How About YOU stop reading biased articles And fucking make some friends!!!

About as racist as it gets

Then you have no comprehension of Islam

If they do not fear a punishment in the afterlife, they have no reason to wear.
Its based around a belief they should wear
Without this belief they would not wear
In Islam, not following commands of Allah, is played upon off an eternity of Hell fire.
It might help if you actually studied the Quran and hadiths

So fear is the driving factor for not only the belief, but believing in Allah itself

Anyway, that is besides the point, countless Muslim women are being forced to wear and if the ones wearing cared for them. They would stop wearing in solidarity, until such laws were abolished. Then they can revert to be sheep to their faith and where them again through fear

I have real friends, unlike your imaginary ones Veya

Razz

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iQQelh86J8

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:34 am

it's not racist to call a Whiner a jew..

you don't actually understand these things do you

that Individual was a jew and was a whiner
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:36 am

Ahh I see Your point Cool Cool Cool Cool (sarcasm)

that one should not be oppressed by their beliefs they should Be Oppressed By Didge's Beliefs instead
lol! lol! lol! lol!
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Fuck off dickhead
they have been here for almost 150 years,
We got Afghans in very early on to help with the desert
One of our closest neighbors is the Most populous Muslim nation on earth.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Among the early Muslims were the "Afghan" camel drivers who migrated to and settled in Australia during the mid to late 19th century. Between 1860 and the 1890s a number of Central Asians came to Australia to work as camel drivers.

Cameleers settled in the areas near Alice Springs and other areas of the Northern Territory and inter-married with the Indigenous population. The Adelaide, South Australia to Darwin, Northern Territory, railway is named The Ghan (short for The Afghan) in their memory.[20]

The first mosque in Australia was built in 1861 at Marree, South Australia.[21] The Great Mosque of Adelaide was built in 1888 by the descendants of the Afghan cameleers.

Underlined Something to help the other racists on here Understand THEY DON'T HAVE A fucking clue,  about Muslims or Aboriginals. Cool Cool Cool Cool

Only a few...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:58 am

"The great mosque of adelaide" only has about 300 people there now in busier times... and was only extended in 1980 to accommodate this larger number... before then it was much less people ever going there... and in the late 19th century it would definitely have been only a few!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Australia has a "far right"? Whatever next?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:"The great mosque of adelaide" only has about 300 people there now in busier times... and was only extended in 1980 to accommodate this larger number... before then it was much less people ever going there... and in the late 19th century it would definitely have been only a few!!!

lol!

LOL whats funny,
the current Population of South Australia only 1.7 million it would in 1980 it was 1.3 million

So there is not a lot of people there at all
AND it is the Whitest state.

Yet even our 'City of churches' built a Mosque over a century ago
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:27 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:"The great mosque of adelaide" only has about 300 people there now in busier times... and was only extended in 1980 to accommodate this larger number... before then it was much less people ever going there... and in the late 19th century it would definitely have been only a few!!!

lol!

LOL whats funny,
the current Population of South Australia only 1.7 million it would in 1980 it was 1.3 million

No... what's funny is how you try to tell bullshit about how Muslims were such a huge part of australian history... and how you have been well and truly rumbled!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:31 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

LOL whats funny,

No... what's funny is how you try to tell bullshit about how Muslims were such a huge part of australian history... and how you have been well and truly rumbled!!!

How are you quantifying how a group of people have been a part of history for a nation?

Your argument seems to be on the number of people attending a Mosque and not what they have contributed with in regards to for example employment.

So how do you aply your method as a level of being a part of a nation?

So you have not rumbled anything but our making a rather really poor view to what constitutes being a part of something. 

Are you saying the Polish have not been a huge part of British history for example?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Waffle...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Waffle...

So in other words you have just rendered your own claim redundant.
You made a bold claim and now back out of answering

No problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:12 am

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

How are you quantifying how a group of people have been a part of history for a nation?

Your argument seems to be on the number of people attending a Mosque and not what they have contributed with in regards to for example employment.

So you have not rumbled anything but our making a rather really poor view to what constitutes being a part of something. 

Are you saying the Polish have not been a huge part of British history for example?

Thought it was you and Veya who were bigging up the couple of camel handlers in 1860 into being the foremost founders/builders of Australia...?

The camels were greater in number, did more and worth more!!!

Would have been better to have picture of 2 camels on the poster!!!

But even the camels, being more worthy, were a comparative unworthy insignificance!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:27 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Thought it was you and Veya who were bigging up the couple of camel handlers in 1860 into being the foremost founders/builders of Australia...?

Would have been better to have picture of 2 camels on the poster!!!

But even the camels, being more worthy, were a comparative unworthy insignificance!!!

lol!

So again you cannot quantify your claim and now base humans comparable to other animals

Camels are also a part of Australian history

So thanks for proving the point on history, where now you speak of camels

You do realize that you are making a claim that all Muslims have been of lesser worth than camals

Ironic really that you use the same form of hate that Hitler did of the Jews

He referred to them as rats, equating them as less than humans during the holocaust to justify their extermination.

Hutus involved in the Rwanda genocide called Tutsis cockroaches

Yet you deem humans because of their religious belief lesser than camels

It really does not get more ignorant and hateful from you Tommy and proves why you are very much part of the far right

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:43 am

No... just saying that the camels were what was wanted, were greater in number, and they did much much more in the place/time that veya is waffling about, than the couple of camel shepherds who were brought in to help tend to the animals...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:48 am

Tommy Monk wrote:No... just saying that the camels were what was wanted, were greater in number, and they did much much more in the place/time that veya is waffling about, than the couple of camel shepherds who were brought in to help tend to the animals...

It is quite clear what you said and you said it twice

Here are those phrases you used to state they were of less worth than camels

Less worth is a value and placing a value compared to an animal, means you deem Muslims as inferior to camels. To then state how then worthless and insignifcant camels are also.

Its is very acceptable to be critical of bad ideas

Its never acceptable to be hateful and as seen make comparable views to those who have committed genocide through hatred.

I will though accept the fact you never realized just how hateful you were being based on ignorance

Let that be a lesson to you.

Last edited by Thorin on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:02 am

Tommy Monk wrote:No... just saying that the camels were what was wanted, were greater in number, and they did much much more in the place/time that veya is waffling about, than the couple of camel shepherds who were brought in to help tend to the animals...

And what does the koran say about the value of non Muslims...???

Like dogs...?

Less than cattle...?

Camels worth more...?

Why don't you condemn that?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:08 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Like dogs...?

Less than cattle...?

Camels worth more...?

All wrong and its  very acceptable to be critical of such poor ideas and beliefs

I do condemn the Quran and Islam as an ideology. I always do.

Just as I do with most religions

You can even be critical of any Muslims who enact bad beliefs, but you made an appalling hateful sweeping statement of all Australian Muslims.

Its though never acceptable to promote hate against believers and even more so when you use the same poor hate that has been seen before in history to commit genocide.

I suggest you apologize for your very poor and hateful comments or he fact that you did not even realize that you were. Which I place down to you being ruled by emotive hate and not reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:03 am

Thorin wrote:Australia should embrace its multiculturalism which includes Muslims, but how is this helping the countless Muslims around the world enforced to wear the Hijab? Its not found within the Quran and is a symbol of oppression to many Muslim women. Whilst I see the attempt is in good faith to embrace all cultures. Why are they backing the likes of Muslim countries that force women to wear. Its not a choice to wear either. The choice is in the belief and school of thought in Islam. They are basically sticking two fingers up to those forced to wear.

If Muslims really had a choice to wear and not one where they are conditioned through fear to wear. That they will suffer in an afterlife, based on the view they are at fault for the desires of men. Then many Muslim women would in solidarity not wear the Hijab until such nations stopped enforcing this on their Muslim sisters. Until this is achieved and they then reverted back to wearing. That would be a real choice on wearing. All this does is back the view to oppress Muslim women.

So its not a victory for Multiculturalism, its a victory for those who oppress women, which nobody should be celebrating.
Idea

Peter Dutton is the Immigration Minister, so he comments on what is going on with immigrants here in Oz..

The activists involved with resurrecting this poster are also involved with domestic affairs..

The Foreign Affairs minister would be the one to comment on situtions in other countries, while likewise there are other activista and commentators who might want to look at what happens overseas.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:08 am

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Waffle...

So in other words you have just rendered your own claim redundant.
You made a bold claim and now back out of answering

No problem

Laughing

Poor little unthinking Tommy Monk...

Can't help but make a bigger and bigger goose of himself, day by day..

What possible harm could two young women in Melbourne attending last years Australia Day celebrations possibly cause for scared little boy Tommy ?

Tommy's irrelevance grows by the hour..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:09 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Thorin wrote:Australia should embrace its multiculturalism which includes Muslims, but how is this helping the countless Muslims around the world enforced to wear the Hijab? Its not found within the Quran and is a symbol of oppression to many Muslim women. Whilst I see the attempt is in good faith to embrace all cultures. Why are they backing the likes of Muslim countries that force women to wear. Its not a choice to wear either. The choice is in the belief and school of thought in Islam. They are basically sticking two fingers up to those forced to wear.

Idea

Peter Dutton is the Immigration Minister, so he comments on what is going on with immigrants here in Oz..

The activists involved with resurrecting this poster are also involved with domestic affairs..

The Foreign Affairs minister would be the one to comment on situtions in other countries, while likewise there are other activista and commentators who might want to look at what happens overseas.

Like I say. I think its important to present Australia's Multiculturalism, which very much includes Muslims.
I do though think its wrong to promote symbols of the oppression of Muslim women. Australia is about promoting Liberal values and this is being forced on many Muslim women around the world. Not based on even the Quran, but the perceived views of some Islamic schools of thought. If we are ever going to help those progress Islam and progressive Muslims. Then this does nothing to support them or challenge poor misogynistic beliefs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Like dogs...?

Less than cattle...?

Camels worth more...?

All wrong and its  very acceptable to be critical of such poor ideas and beliefs

You can even be critical of any Muslims who enact bad beliefs, but you made an appalling hateful sweeping statement of all Australian Muslims.

Its though never acceptable to promote hate against believers and even more so when you use the same poor hate that has been seen before in history to commit genocide.

I suggest you apologize for your very poor and hateful comments or he fact that you did not even realize that you were. Which I place down to you being ruled by emotive hate and not reason.

So you think it is right for Australia day to put up a picture of two Muslims and promoting them and their religion when their religion actually dictates that non Muslims are like dogs, worth less than cattle, and that camels are worth more...?

I would have thought that any right minded person would be totally against the promotion of an ideaology such as that and against the promotion of anyone who follows such a twisted and evil religion as that...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So you think it is right for Australia day to put up a picture of two Muslims and promoting them and their religion when their religion actually dictates that non Muslims are like dogs, worth less than cattle, and that camels are worth more...?

I would have thought that any right minded person would be totally against the promotion of an ideaology such as that...!

Yes I do think its okay to put up two pictures of Muslim women, not in hijabs, because it does not mean they believe Non-Muslims are dogs. You are taking the view that all Muslims must believe that. If that is your reasoning , then no Jews or Christians should be also shown, based on abhorrent views in the Bible that call for the stoning of people.
Is that what you are saying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Muslims believe the koran is perfect in every way...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Muslims believe the koran is perfect in every way...

Its not from the Quran though but a hadith

Many Christians and Jews believe their books are the word of god

So by your view, only athiests, Bhuddists etc should be on the billboard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:15 pm

Also its not even something Muhammad is meant to have claimed to have said but the claimed opinions of Caliph Omar al-Khattab.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Non -believers are the worst of creatures... filthiest beasts... no religion other than islam is acceptable...

Why would anyone want to promote the image of two Muslim women who follow such a twisted and poisonous ideaology...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Non -believers are the worst of creatures... filthiest beasts... no religion other than islam is acceptable...

Why would anyone want to promote the image of two Muslim women who follow such a twisted and poisonous ideaology...!?

What do you think the Bible and Torah states about Non-believers?
What do you think the bible states will happen to non-believers in hell?
In the Torah and bible it has a concept called Herem, which is the genocide of non-believers. Or did you not realise this or that where it claims when Jesus is to return at the head of an army he is going to wipe out a third of humanity
I agree why would anyone follow any of these 3 religions that promote a religious form of racism, where only believers are acceptable, but billions of people follow them.

So based on your view anyone that follows the Abrahanic faith should not be on Australian billboards and that you believe its acceptable to discriminate against people on beliefs

I mean take your pick from the bible what it says about non-believers

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Or Deuteronomy 13:
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.

So the question is, why are you only focusing on one of these 3 Abrahamic religions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

In the Torah and bible it has a concept called Herem, which is the genocide of non-believers. Or did you not realise this or that where it claims when Jesus is to return at the head of an army he is going to wipe out a third of humanity
I agree why would anyone follow any of these 3 religions that promote a religious form of racism, where only believers are acceptable, but billions of people follow them.

So based on your view anyone that follows the Abrahanic faith should not be on Australian billboards and that you believe its acceptable to discriminate against people on beliefs

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Or Deuteronomy 13:
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.

So the question is, why are you only focusing on one of these 3 Abrahamic religions?

No dodgems... that is old testament/torah stuff... and the poster was not featuring a couple of Orthodox Jews in black hats and with curly side burns and overtly promoting Judaism... so the question really is why are two Muslim women being featured on this poster for Australia day and overtly promoting islam which is a poisonous ideaology that tells it's followers that all non Muslims are like dogs, and worse than cattle, and camels are worth more, and are the vilest of creatures and the filthiest of beasts, and to fight them wherever they find them etc...!?

You had a hissy fit earlier when you thought I'd said camels are worth more than Muslims... but you then still have a go about me opposing the promotion of Muslims who follow a religion that says all non Muslims are as I said above...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

No dodgems... that is old testament/torah stuff... and the poster was not featuring a couple of Orthodox Jews in black hats and with curly side burns and overtly promoting Judaism... so the question really is why are two Muslim women being featured on this poster for Australia day and overtly promoting islam which is a poisonous ideaology that tells it's followers that all non Muslims are like dogs, and worse than cattle, and camels are worth more, and are the vilest of creatures and the filthiest of beasts, and to fight them wherever they find them etc...!?

You had a hissy fit earlier when you thought I'd said camels are worth more than Muslims... but you then still have a go about me opposing the promotion of Muslims who follow a religion that says all non Muslims are as I said above...!?

Its the word of god to Christians and Jews, the Torah and Pentateuch
Overtly promoting Judaism?
Sorry, can you expand on this?
I thought it was their traditional dress.
So please explain how that is promoting anything other than two Orthodox Jews?

How is two Muslim women promoting Islam?
Its promoting Muslim women in Australia, just as it would be promoting Jewish people in Australia if it was two orthodox Jews.

So again we are back to your view that you want to discriminate against people based on beliefs and certain schools of thought in Islam. You are just rehashing your previous argument. Islam does not promote that non believers are like dogs, a hadith claims this from a Caliph, not Muhammad or the Quran. Its like trying to say Christianity is evil based off something claimed to have been said by a Pope. I also condemn such a hadith and any Muslim that teaches such a view of Non-Muslims, but that does not mean promoting Muslim women is promoting this hateful view point.  Just as I am condemning you for such a hateful view point also. 

The irony again is your are being comparable to this hadith.

Again if you claim to say you cannot promote Muslim women, the same has to apply to Christians and Jews. As stated Jesus is claimed to be returning at the head of an army and wiping out a third of humanity who are classed as non-believers. So your prejudice is selective and its not even criticism. My stance on the hijab, is that Muslim women are being oppressed by being forced to wear. Like I say. I think its important to present Australia's Multiculturalism, which very much includes Muslims.

I do though think its wrong to promote symbols of the oppression of Muslim women. Australia is about promoting Liberal values and this is being forced on many Muslim women around the world. Not based on even the Quran, but the perceived views of some Islamic schools of thought. If we are ever going to help those progress Islam and progressive Muslims. Then this does nothing to support them or challenge poor misogynistic beliefs.

No hissy about you being comparable to the views of mass murderers.

Here again is what you said for all to see.

It is quite clear what you said and you said it twice

Here are those phrases you used to state they were of less worth than camels

Less worth is a value and placing a value compared to an animal, means you deem Muslims as inferior to camels. To then state how then worthless and insignifcant camels are also.

Ironic really that you use the same form of hate that Hitler did of the Jews

He referred to them as rats, equating them as less than humans during the holocaust to justify their extermination.

Hutus involved in the Rwanda genocide called Tutsis cockroaches

Yet you deem humans because of their religious belief lesser than camels

Its is very acceptable to be critical of bad ideas

Its never acceptable to be hateful and as seen make comparable views to those who have committed genocide through hatred.

I will though accept the fact you never realized just how hateful you were being based on ignorance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next