NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does your avi say about you?

+12
JulesV
Fred Moletrousers
Major
nicko
Andy
'Wolfie
Bella
magica
Victorismyhero
Miffs2
eddie
Syl
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What does your avi say about you? - Page 2 Empty What does your avi say about you?

Post by Syl Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have to say....the avi that Ben has now is very very pleasing to the eye.

Who would have thought it?

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

What does your avi say about you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What does your avi say about you?

Post by Syl Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:I'm quite proud of it actually......if you knew the trouble I had transferring stuff from tablet onto laptop you wouldn't mock. Rolling Eyes

It's very good well done blah blah etc study

Now I have worked it out I will be displaying my art more often....so get used to it. What does your avi say about you? - Page 2 2385359624
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

What does your avi say about you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What does your avi say about you?

Post by eddie Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:44 pm

Put it on a thread in creative corner. It's where all our talent goes Cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:46 pm

eddie wrote:Put it on a thread in creative corner. It's where all our talent goes Cool

Next time I have a sudden artistic leaning....I will do just that. What does your avi say about you? - Page 2 2385359624
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Syl wrote:
sassy wrote:Mine says I'm a Pagan and looking forward to the Winter Solstice, knowing after that the days will start getting longer.   The moon was in the sky by 3.30 today!

The shortest day has already been and gone hasn't it Sassy. cheers
Twill soon be Spring. flower
A good way to remember the date of the shortest day of the year is to think of christmas day itself as being that day (as a rough estimate). It's near enough - you'd only be 4 or 5 days out.

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:
Ben is looking great these days. clappy

My avvi is open and inviting and friendly. I don't judge posters from past reputations or what this or that person said about them, I observe them directly and make my own mind up.
Courteous and polite to everyone .... until they give me ample reason to change my attitude.

Yes it's nice...can you put a Christmas hat on him though? Razz
Do you like my new one....it's one I prepared earlier..I drew it on OH's tablet.

Yes it's nice, Syl. The drawing looks very professional. Nice colours too.
Yeah I might get a hat for my avvy. santa

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

The shortest day has already been and gone hasn't it Sassy. cheers
Twill soon be Spring. flower
A good way to remember the date of the shortest day of the year is to think of christmas day itself as being that day (as a rough estimate). It's near enough - you'd only be  4 or 5 days out.

Syl wrote:

Yes it's nice...can you put a Christmas hat on him though? Razz
Do you like my new one....it's one I prepared earlier..I drew it on OH's tablet.

Thank you Jules.
You are clever with messing about with pics etc...I remember you added snow to my pic once, for some reason it stopped snowing when I posted it. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:05 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:
A good way to remember the date of the shortest day of the year is to think of christmas day itself as being that day (as a rough estimate). It's near enough - you'd only be  4 or 5 days out.

Thank you Jules.
You are clever with messing about with pics etc...I remember you added snow to my pic once, for some reason it stopped snowing when I posted it. Laughing
Did it? You might have exceeded the avvi pixel allowance. Every little thing causes animation to freeze. You look at it the wrong way and it freezes. Very annoying! Mad

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:09 pm

I don't understand pixels and things...I'm still amazed I managed to transfer a pic from a tablet onto a laptop. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:19 pm

Syl wrote:Have a thanks....that really made me laugh. lol!

It's one of those films that has become a cult, best watched whilst pished. Never fails to make me giggle Laughing
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:57 pm

Syl wrote:Is that your actual car Fred?

Yep, my pride and joy...an absolute pig to drive and it drinks petrol, but I'm lucky enough to own some woodland so I can have fun going off road. I have something a bit more sensible for everyday journeys.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:15 pm

Means what it says - made in Scotland fae Girders (steel) all of me lol
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:19 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Syl wrote:Have a thanks....that really made me laugh. lol!

It's one of those films that has become a cult, best watched whilst pished. Never fails to make me giggle Laughing

I always thought that your original name 'Nems' was about Brian Epstein's record store in Liverpool.

What does your avi say about you? - Page 2 Nems10
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:30 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

I always thought that your original name 'Nems' was about Brian Epstein's record store in Liverpool.

Hey look at that!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:39 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

Hey look at that!

Now there's an Avi for you. Was up near the Cavern somrwhere but I never went in.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:48 pm

Have a look at this Irn!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:55 pm

Major wrote:WANTING THE BEST FOR MY COUNTRY.

Talking of Spitifire's, thank goodness we had help from these people who came to our aid in our time of need during WWII flying Spitfire's to ensure that we still have a country. And they werer not alone as so many from the commonwealth did the same - thousands of them and many stayed on when it was all over

Lest we forget

What does your avi say about you? - Page 2 Immigr10

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:57 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Major wrote:WANTING THE BEST FOR MY COUNTRY.

Talking of Spitifire's, thank goodness we had help from these people who came to our aid in our time of need during WWII flying Spitfire's to ensure that we still have a country. And they werer not alone  as so many from the commonwealth did the same - thousands of them and many stayed on when it was all over

Lest we forget

Spot on!  My Dad had Poles flying with him.  All kinds of people helped, without them we would have been sunk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:51 am

sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Talking of Spitifire's, thank goodness we had help from these people who came to our aid in our time of need during WWII flying Spitfire's to ensure that we still have a country. And they werer not alone  as so many from the commonwealth did the same - thousands of them and many stayed on when it was all over

Lest we forget

Spot on!  My Dad had Poles flying with him.  All kinds of people helped, without them we would have been sunk.

My first flying instructor was a Polish Flight Lieutenant with a chestful of WW2 medals. He had a rather disconcerting habit of saying "when we crash..." rather than "if we crash..." when describing the emergency procedures to us.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Um...speaking of Spitfires, our Tuskeegee P-51 Mustang pilots had a little bit to say about shutting down the Huns and closing out the war.

What does your avi say about you? - Page 2 TuskegeeAirman

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
sassy wrote:

My first flying instructor was a Polish Flight Lieutenant with a chestful of WW2 medals. He had a rather disconcerting habit of saying "when we crash..." rather than "if we crash..." when describing the emergency procedures to us.

Arrow

The Anatomy and Histology lecturer when I was at UWS_Hawkesbury was Polish --  even to this day, I could never understand even half of what he said, his accent was so strong...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:Is that your actual car Fred?

Yep, my pride and joy...an absolute pig to drive and it drinks petrol, but I'm lucky enough to own some woodland so I can have fun going off road. I have something a bit more sensible for everyday journeys.

It sounds idyllic though, driving through your own woodland in a car you love. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:19 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Arrow

The Anatomy and Histology lecturer when I was at UWS_Hawkesbury was Polish --  even to this day, I could never understand even half of what he said, his accent was so strong...

Depends of what he was trying to tell you, could have been a good thing if it was about how many bones you might break etc.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:36 pm

Major wrote:
sassy wrote:

You father must have been VERY young to have flown Spitfires, Sassy

He was born in 1922 and flew Lancs, has just had his memories put in the archives of the new Bomber Command Digital Archive http://www.internationalbcc.co.uk/archive .   He joinded as an A/C and retired as a Wing Commander with a DFC and OBE. 

What does your avi say about you? - Page 2 13567367_10153749423772473_6354588698754071501_n

The aircrews of RAF Bomber Command during World War II operated a fleet of bomber aircraft carried strategic bombing operations from September 1939 to May 1945, on behalf of the Allied powers. The crews were men from the United Kingdom, other Commonwealth countries, and occupied Europe, especially Poland, France, Czechoslovakia and Norway, as well as other foreign volunteers. While the majority of Bomber Command personnel were members of the RAF, many belonged to other air forces – especially the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF), Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) and Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF). Under Article XV of the 1939 Air Training Agreement, squadrons belonging officially to the RCAF, RAAF, and RNZAF were formed, equipped and financed by the RAF, for service in Europe. While it was intended that RCAF, RAAF, and RNZAF personnel would serve only with their respective "Article XV squadrons", in practice many were posted to units of the RAF or other air forces. Likewise many RAF personnel served in Article XV squadrons.
A total of 126 squadrons served with Bomber Command. Of these, 32 of these were officially non-British units: 15 RCAF squadrons, eight RAAF squadrons, four Polish squadrons, two French squadrons, two RNZAF/"New Zealand" squadrons,[1] and one Czechoslovakian squadron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Bomber_Command_aircrew_of_World_War_II

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Piles dad got the iron cross.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:06 pm

HE didn't, and even if he did it was only awarded for acts of extreme gallantry, shot in foot there Handy.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Gallantry isn't a thing I would associate with the family Pile anyway Nick. 
Unlike genuine soldiers such as yourself, he talks the talk, you walked the walk.

Last edited by Handy Andy on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:Um...speaking of Spitfires, our Tuskeegee P-51 Mustang pilots had a little bit to say about shutting down the Huns and closing out the war.

What does your avi say about you? - Page 2 TuskegeeAirman

Don't worry, Quill. All intelligent people ALREADY know that soldiers of all colours and ethnicities, from all 4 corners of the globe, helped in the various allied war efforts and gave their lives, fighting. Photos are not needed for proof, cos we already know.

And don't forget the ghurkas too.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:16 pm

"Gurkuz are bloody furrinuz, darkie scrounguz claiming benifitz and raping our wimmin".

Is the sort of thing we can now expect from.the chosen one.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:34 pm

sassy wrote:
Major wrote:

He was born in 1922 and flew Lancs, has just had his memories put in the archives of the new Bomber Command Digital Archive http://www.internationalbcc.co.uk/archive .   He joinded as an A/C and retired as a Wing Commander with a DFC and OBE. 

What does your avi say about you? - Page 2 13567367_10153749423772473_6354588698754071501_n

The aircrews of RAF Bomber Command during World War II operated a fleet of bomber aircraft carried strategic bombing operations from September 1939 to May 1945, on behalf of the Allied powers. The crews were men from the United Kingdom, other Commonwealth countries, and occupied Europe, especially Poland, France, Czechoslovakia and Norway, as well as other foreign volunteers. While the majority of Bomber Command personnel were members of the RAF, many belonged to other air forces – especially the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF), Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) and Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF). Under Article XV of the 1939 Air Training Agreement, squadrons belonging officially to the RCAF, RAAF, and RNZAF were formed, equipped and financed by the RAF, for service in Europe. While it was intended that RCAF, RAAF, and RNZAF personnel would serve only with their respective "Article XV squadrons", in practice many were posted to units of the RAF or other air forces. Likewise many RAF personnel served in Article XV squadrons.
A total of 126 squadrons served with Bomber Command. Of these, 32 of these were officially non-British units: 15 RCAF squadrons, eight RAAF squadrons, four Polish squadrons, two French squadrons, two RNZAF/"New Zealand" squadrons,[1] and one Czechoslovakian squadron.

Seen that picture before. Such a warm family. Lovely.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Handsome guy, proud family. You have fine blood Sassy.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:38 pm

Thank you Quill, I was lucky to have my Mum and Nan, and lucky to still have my Dad.   I only used so that the dickhead (Private Piles as HA calls him) could not go around telling me I was lying again.   He's pathetic like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Handsome guy, proud family. You have fine blood Sassy.

Thanks HA.   When he used to take me back to boarding school they used to ask me who the film star was lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:16 pm

Awaits the "yawn " from Tom Raggs and PP.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:33 pm

sassy wrote:
Major wrote:

That's a great pic Sassy. I remember saying your dad has a look of the actor Danny Kay. Smile

What does your avi say about you? - Page 2 Danny-kaye-02
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:17 pm

This thread is getting another outing because I am about to change my avi.

I am selling my kayaks Sad so I may as well get rid of the image soon.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:25 pm

I had a lesson in the Military on how to handle a Kayak, I tried the lesson on how turn the Kayak the right way up when you were upside down. It's easy they said, not when you have 50lbs weight on your back and holding on to your SLR ! I had to be rescued !!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:29 pm

nicko wrote:I had a lesson in the Military on how to handle a Kayak, I tried the lesson on how turn the Kayak the right way up when you were upside down.   It's easy they said, not when you have 50lbs weight on your back and holding on to your SLR ! I had to be rescued  !!

Mines a sit on not a sit in Nicko.
I didn't fancy the upside down ducking, so I opted for the sit on. The drawback is the waves can knock you out if you are not guiding it properly.
I have only been knocked out once in 5 years....OH is always in the sea. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:33 pm

I don't know what my avi says about me.

I love indians, or native Americans as they're called now.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:36 pm

magica wrote:I don't know what my avi says about me.

I love indians, or native Americans as they're called now.

You have had a few native American avi's over the years Mags, it may mean that subconsciously you are connected to their philosophy of life somehow.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:21 pm

I'd go along with that Syl. I believe in many of things they did or still do.

Their way of life was simple, but they were also warlike with other tribes.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:49 pm

The Native Americans have a fasinating way of life and customs, I love reading about them. Its usually potrayed that the women had no say in anything which is far from true, just like other peoples before being civilised their customs were far more egalitarian, most tribes anyway.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:00 pm

My avi says nothing I don't have one, if I did it would be as obvious as the name I suppose.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:46 pm

Vintage wrote:My avi says nothing I don't have one, if I did it would be as obvious as the name I suppose.
I like your forum name Vintage...... i love wandering round olde worlde shops looking at all the vintage designs of bags, clothes and bric a bac...romantic and wistful.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:53 pm

Syl wrote:I have to say....the avi that Ben has now is very very pleasing to the eye.

Speaking of Avi, has anyone ever read one of those famous children's books by the famous children's author, Avi?

I haven't, in fact I only just now learned about Avi. Why is this???

I'm off to send an email.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:56 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:I have to say....the avi that Ben has now is very very pleasing to the eye.

Speaking of Avi, has anyone ever read one of those famous children's books by the famous children's author, Avi?

I already sent one and know the answer

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:57 pm

Very cryptic. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:39 pm

Syl wrote:

Very cryptic. scratch

We were just fucking around last night. Nothing cryptic. Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Vintage wrote:
The Native Americans have a fasinating way of life and customs, I love reading about them. Its usually potrayed that the women had no say in anything which is far from true, just like other peoples before being civilised their customs were far more egalitarian, most tribes anyway.

Arrow

There was no single Native American "culture", though...

They had several "nations" divided further into dozens of tribes;  nor were they all as warlike as several of the Plains tribes;  some eastern and southern forest tribes living completely different lifestyles..

It is an over-generalisation to talk of one kind of "native American"  --  unless you have those apologists defending the raping and pillaging by early "colonialists", stealing the natives' lands.

With indigenous Australian Aborigines, it was an even more disparate, widespread and scattered societal system, compared with the Americas;  with no 'tribes' or 'clans' in the Old World sense, but over 400 family-based 'communities' comprising the "First Nation" natives when the Europeans landed here..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:19 pm

There was nothing "warlike" about any of the Native Americans.  The Chiricahua Apaches were thought to be among the most warlike, yet they were related to the White Mountain Apaches, and thence to the Navajos and Hopis, thought to be the among the most peaceful of all Native Americans.

There were just situations of conflict.  Silver and copper were found in southern Arizona, so conflicts arose in the Chiricahua Mountains, and their chief, Geronimo, responded.  Most of the conflicts came about in the late-1800's, when interaction was at it's peak.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:17 pm

You can't blame people for wanting to keep their way of life and lands.
Isn't there evidence of an advanced civilisation there at one time which seemed to have abandoned the area possibly because of drought, I watched a programme before the area dried up visitors would have been able to look into the valley and see an impressive town/city. Just like other sites in India and Cambodia and other places. Do civilisations get to a certain advancement then disaster of some kind strikes and we begin again. Sorry bit off topic.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum