NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ian Huntley and the Soham murders - was he framed?

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Ian Huntley and the Soham murders - was he framed? - Page 5 Empty Ian Huntley and the Soham murders - was he framed?

Post by eddie on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here's the background to the case - two friends murdered by the school caretaker in his house and the girlfriend who gave him an alibi

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soham_murders

oham murders
Jessica Chapman
Holly Wells
Born Jessica Aimee Chapman
Holly Marie Wells
1 September 1991 (Chapman)
4 October 1991 (Wells)
Soham, Cambridgeshire, England
Died Both c. 4 August 2002 (aged 10)
Soham, Cambridgeshire, England
Body discovered Lakenheath, Suffolk, England
Parent(s) Leslie and Sharon Chapman
Kevin and Nicola Wells
The Soham murders occurred in Soham, Cambridgeshire, England, on 4 August 2002. The victims were two 10-year-old girls, Holly Marie Wells and Jessica Aimee Chapman. Their bodies were found near RAF Lakenheath, Suffolk, on 17 August 2002, by a local farm worker.

Ian Kevin Huntley, a caretaker at local secondary school Soham Village College, was convicted on 17 December 2003 of the girls' murder and sentenced to two terms of life imprisonment, with the High Court later setting a minimum term of 40 years.

His girlfriend, Maxine Ann Carr, was the girls' teaching assistant at St Andrew's Primary School. Carr had provided Huntley with a false alibi and received a three-and-a-half year prison sentence for perverting the course of justice.

Hoping Tommy can post what he has read up on regarding the question of whether Huntley was framed.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Ian Huntley and the Soham murders - was he framed? - Page 5 Empty Re: Ian Huntley and the Soham murders - was he framed?

Post by Spindleshanks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:17 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:"...Are you are seriously trying to suggest that this was all a set up then that is one hell of an elaborate set up when all they needed to do was to place some of Huntleys DNA on the girls and some of the girls DNA in his house to establish a link..."

Or some conveniently placed fibres and some lightly burnt clothes in a bin...

Over 150 microscopic sized fibres on his clothes, in his house and in his car?
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks

Back to top Go down

Ian Huntley and the Soham murders - was he framed? - Page 5 Empty Re: Ian Huntley and the Soham murders - was he framed?

Post by Spindleshanks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:18 pm

Not to mention the evidence found on the scissors Tommy.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Girls were allegedly found in a water filled ditch only after it was drained... badly decomposed and partially skeletonised...

So must have been in the water in ditch for a long time...

When exactly was it that Huntley was alleged to have gone to place where bodies were found and cut off clothes, burned bodies, put them back in the water. and then returned to remove all dna from the clothes... before then leaving them to be found in the bin in shelter...?

The hangar had been searched on the Wednesday, so presumably after that.

So police already had access to a key for the place... although made a big point about needing a key second time searched and saying Huntley said he didn't have a key but then conveniently again saying they found one in his bedroom...

And we are supposed to believe that Huntley pulled two badly decomposed and partially skeletonised out of a water filled ditch, cut off all clothes, then burned bodies before returning them to water ditch... then returned home to do an impossible process of removing all dna from all of the clothes... only to then put them in a bin in a shelter on the site where he worked and only lightly toast them before putting out with water and then putting a bag over them with his fingerprints and a couple of his own hairs...?

It doesn't make any sense!!!

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:21 pm

The bodies were reportedly found by a farmer when he drained the ditch.

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:25 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Even so, they could easily have searched it again.

I don't know that the Hanger had been searched, Huntley denied having keys to it until they were found in his house as far as I can gather from what I've read.

Or maybe they only searched it again after they found the keys he denied having which is when they found the clothing in the bin.

The hanger was apparently opened up by Michael Gee on the Wednesday.

Moving on to the police search of the groundsman's hangar building on the Wednesday morning, Mr Gee said he opened it up for the police. He had got the keys from the cupboard in the caretaker's office in the Lodeside building.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/huntley-colleagues-in-court-6956376.html

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:35 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The bodies were reportedly found by a farmer when he drained the ditch.

NO, I read it on one of the links I've been looking at the last few days that the sluice gates of the ditch were raised on 13th August to allow the water into the fields.

Can't seem to find it again now.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:37 pm

Got it.

Mr Latham explained that the ditch ran along one side of the track with a field on the other side and that the ditch would often fill up with water.

He said the farmer, Brian Rutterford, had created a rudimentary sluice gate with the use of boards which could be fitted or removed depending on what level of water was required, to allow for the water to be drained from the ditch under the track and into the field.

Mr Latham said on Tuesday August 13, Mr Rutterford removed two to three of the boards in the sluice gate because the water had built up in the ditch and he wanted to harvest some crops and therefore needed to drain some of the water.

Mr Latham said: "This would have caused the ditch where the bodies were later discovered to dry out."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/huntley-and-carr-not-arrested-together-6952472.html
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:40 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-202774/Man-tells-finding-bodies.html

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/huntley-and-carr-not-arrested-together-6952472.html

But another article reporting the trial said it was girls shorts that were found in bin...

THE charred remnants of Manchester United soccer shirts belonging to Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman were found in a bin mixed with hairs matching those of lan Huntley, a jury heard yesterday.
The girls' red football tops had been cut from their bodies and set alight with their shorts, trainers and underclothes in the bin at their school.
Police discovered them during a search of a locked storage building on the Soham Village College site

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:43 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-202774/Man-tells-finding-bodies.html

But another article reporting the trial said it was girls shorts that were found in bin...

THE charred remnants of Manchester United soccer shirts belonging to Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman were found in a bin mixed with hairs matching those of lan Huntley, a jury heard yesterday.
The girls' red football tops had been cut from their bodies and set alight with their shorts, trainers and underclothes in the bin at their school.
Police discovered them during a search of a locked storage building on the Soham Village College site

Hmmm, I read that Holly at least was wearing trousers when she disappeared.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:43 pm

The court heard earlier how Mr Pryer, who had worked on the local Wangford Estate since 1983, noticed the smell several days earlier but had not been able to find the source....

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

I don't know that the Hanger had been searched, Huntley denied having keys to it until they were found in his house as far as I can gather from what I've read.

Or maybe they only searched it again after they found the keys he denied having which is when they found the clothing in the bin.

Moving on to the police search of the groundsman's hangar building on the Wednesday morning, Mr Gee said he opened it up for the police. He had got the keys from the cupboard in the caretaker's office in the Lodeside building.

Yet.

Suspicious of the fact Huntley was the last known person to see the girls, police took him and Carr in for questioning and searched their home.

They found a set of keys to a college outbuilding known as the "hangar".

And it was there, at 2300 BST on Saturday 16 August, a police officer found the girls' red tops, tracksuit bottoms, underwear and shoes at the bottom of an aluminium bin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3257664.stm

Holly and Jessica's red Manchester United tops and their other clothes were found cut and
burned in a bin in an outbuilding of Soham Village College, known as "the hangar".

Police discovered them after finding a set of keys in Ian Huntley's home.
He had previously denied having keys to the hangar.

http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/huntley-ian-evidence.htm
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:46 pm

Everything I've read said they were wearing trousers.

I think what this proves is that what is written depends on what paper it's written in and that none of them seem to match each other.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:47 pm

The prosecution alleged that Huntley killed them and dumped the bodies later that night and then returned 3 days later to cut off clothes etc...

Question still remains...

How does somebody remove all dna from the clothes?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:47 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yet.

Suspicious of the fact Huntley was the last known person to see the girls, police took him and Carr in for questioning and searched their home.

And it was there, at 2300 BST on Saturday 16 August, a police officer found the girls' red tops, tracksuit bottoms, underwear and shoes at the bottom of an aluminium bin.

Holly and Jessica's red Manchester United tops and their other clothes were found cut and
burned in a bin in an outbuilding of Soham Village College, known as "the hangar".

Yes, but none of that means that they hadn't searched the hangar previously, it just means that he said he didn't have a key. If they searched that hangar earlier and searched the bin, then the clothes weren't there then. However, we don't know if they did search the bin.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

Yet.

Yes, but none of that means that they hadn't searched the hangar previously, it just means that he said he didn't have a key. If they searched that hangar earlier and searched the bin, then the clothes weren't there then. However, we don't know if they did search the bin.

Him denying he didn't have a key and them finding one might well have been the trigger for them searching there again. They were already suspicious enough of him to take him in for questioning.

What we don't know though is whether he burned the clothes immediately after he cut them off the girls or hid them somewhere for a while before trying to dispose of them. After all, there was a heavy police presence in the village at the time.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:56 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Him denying he didn't have a key and them finding one might well have been the trigger for them searching there again.  They were already suspicious enough of him to take him in for questioning.

What we don't know though is whether he burned the clothes immediately after he cut them off the girls or hid them somewhere for a while before trying to dispose of them.  After all, there was a heavy police presence in the village at the time.

Yes, I think that's possibly why they searched the hangar, although we don't know if the key was actually marked as the hangar key. I've wondered before why they searched it that night.

He might have hidden the clothes somewhere I guess. He said he only went to Lakenheath once, but I still don't know why he had a handy pair of scissors in his car.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

Him denying he didn't have a key and them finding one might well have been the trigger for them searching there again.  They were already suspicious enough of him to take him in for questioning.

What we don't know though is whether he burned the clothes immediately after he cut them off the girls or hid them somewhere for a while before trying to dispose of them.  After all, there was a heavy police presence in the village at the time.

Yes, I think that's possibly why they searched the hangar, although we don't know if the key was actually marked as the hangar key. I've wondered before why they searched it that night.

He might have hidden the clothes somewhere I guess. He said he only went to Lakenheath once, but I still don't know why he had a handy pair of scissors in his car.

No idea why they searched there again unless Huntley himself said something which urged them to do so or maybe even someone commented they smelt burning or something from the vicinity at some point?

He replaced the carpet in the boot of his car after dumping the girls, apparently from a piece of carpet in the house. Perhaps he used them to trim the carpet to fit and left them in there?
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No idea why they searched there again unless Huntley himself said something which urged them to do so or maybe even someone commented they smelt burning or something from the vicinity at some point?

He replaced the carpet in the boot of his car after dumping the girls, apparently from a piece of carpet in the house.  Perhaps he used them to trim the carpet to fit and left them in there?

The presence of scissors in the car suggests that he did possibly go back - that was my point, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:14 pm

The prosecution alleged that Huntley killed them and dumped the bodies later that night and then returned 3 days later to cut off clothes etc...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

He replaced the carpet in the boot of his car after dumping the girls, apparently from a piece of carpet in the house.  Perhaps he used them to trim the carpet to fit and left them in there?

The presence of scissors in the car suggests that he did possibly go back - that was my point, but that's pure speculation on my part.

He admitted going back didn't he?
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:21 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No, I don't think he did - he denied it and said he'd been to Lakenheath only once.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

No, I don't think he did - he denied it and said he'd been to Lakenheath only once.

Hmm, maybe it was later when he admitted cutting off the girls clothes that he admitted going back for the second time.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:35 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Hmm, maybe it was later when he admitted cutting off the girls clothes that he admitted going back for the second time.

I didn't think he ever admitted it.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

Well he certainly admitted that he cut the clothes off the girls.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I mean he didn't admit going back.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

I mean he didn't admit going back.

You're right, I can't find anything suggesting he admitted going back.

I did find though comments about the clothing being wet when they were found in the bin but it wasn't possible to establish if they were already wet when set alight or dry with water thrown on them to extinguish the fire.

I suppose there is always the possibility that he cut the clothes off the same time he dumped them in the ditch. The piece of fabric and as I've just read part of the logo off one of the girls tracky bottoms was found beneath one of the bodies suggesting they were definitely cut off when they were in the ditch rather than before being dumped.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:28 pm

He saw the girls... he admitted that from the start... he was outside house with his dog at the time... the girls could have played with and petted the dog a little bit and that could be how fibres were transferred into house...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum