NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement

+9
scrat
Major
veya_victaous
nicko
eddie
Andy
Raggamuffin
Tommy Monk
Ben Reilly
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement - Page 2 Empty I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

I started this site and it is my right to grow it and prune it as I see fit. I have the last word on what the rules are and how they're interpreted.

So without further ado:

* Blackie is basemented for using the racial slur "slants" in reference to Japanese people

* The term "muzzie" or any variant of is no longer allowed, as it is also an offensive slur

* Tommy's blackface avatar has been deleted, and racist imagery of any sort will no longer be tolerated

P.S. -- I'm pretty much at the point where I feel like being pushed on any of this would be a lot of fun, so think about that before pushing me.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement - Page 2 Empty Re: I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement

Post by Syl Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:08 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Syl wrote:Can I make a suggestion?
The offensive C word is  over ridden by a pretty flower name...which makes me giggle when I see all that venom go to waste.

So....whichever other words are deemed offensive (decide between yourselves) replace them with something nice. Wink

That way the posers who like certain words can use them to their hearts content.

Isn't it already overridden by "geranium"? I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement - Page 2 Flower10

It is FTL...and it works.
If other words were over ridden like the ones outlined in the OP  by  flower names that might work as well. I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement - Page 2 Flower-basket-smiley-emoticon
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement - Page 2 Empty Re: I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement

Post by eddie Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:11 pm

Syl why don't you shut the bluebell up and stop talking dandelions!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:13 pm

Oh Fuschia off Eddie, I was only trying to help.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:15 pm

I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement - Page 2 G9t7nhxapoe

Phew...glad I got all that off my chest. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:17 pm

Bloomin' heck. You rose to the occasion there.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:44 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
so threats of violence are ok, thanks for the heads up vera

The "ban hammer," you're probably too old to have heard that before.
ageist wacist
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:46 pm

Syl wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Isn't it already overridden by "geranium"? I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement - Page 2 Flower10

If other words were over ridden like the ones outlined in the OP  by  flower names that might work as well. I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement - Page 2 Flower-basket-smiley-emoticon
but when you see it written you know they actually meant CUNextTuesday
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:47 pm

There are ways around it but you have to be angry enough to bother. Not many words offend me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:39 am

that Daffodil Devil what a Chrysanthemum

And Ben Can call all you pale Camellia Chrysanthemum Pasty cause

I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement - Page 2 Z4tynAx

And SO is he...
It's like blackpeople can say n word  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Syl wrote:

I know....and that makes it even funnier. Laughing
Imagine a road rager who uses his horn in anger only for it to sound like a deflated whoopy cushion.
It would have the same effect.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Syl wrote:

I know....and that makes it even funnier.  Laughing
Imagine a road rager who uses his horn in anger only for it to sound like a deflated whoopy cushion.
I find it rather sad that a pretty flower will always be associated with calling someone a c un t
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:06 pm

What word would you choose then Dean?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:11 pm

eddie wrote:There are ways around it but you have to be angry enough to bother. Not many words offend me.

Me neither, but I don't make the rules.

I'm not sure why anyone wants to deliberately insult anyone anyway, but if that's how want to express themselves it says more about them than the person they are directing it at imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Syl wrote:

I know....and that makes it even funnier.  Laughing
I find it rather sad that a pretty flower will always be associated with calling someone a c un t

Lol....what a sensitive soul you are.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:08 pm

Syl wrote:

yes I am a delicate c*nt
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Syl wrote:

yes I am a c*nt

Never been more correct.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
yes I am a  c*nt

Never been more correct.
are altering posts acceptable behaviour here?
still the same old same old from you then I see.
but I agree you really are
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:33 pm

See....if you had said you were a delicate geranium this /\ wouldn't have happened. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:35 pm

Major wrote:Ben, tiz about time you deleted/banned the c word entirely from Newsfix, do you not agree.

It's a horrible word, specially when directed at a female.... geranium is far nicer. I've made some changes based on the rules and their enforcement - Page 2 Smileys-flowers-978617
Thing is Major what one person finds offensive someone else doesn't....so if every word was banned from forums that someone finds unacceptable, we would be looking at empty spaces. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:39 pm

I really wish people wouldn't use it, and if memory serves correctly, we have taken action against users who use it before.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2