NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New rule -- really a clarification of a policy we've enforced for a while

+8
Andy
Original Quill
veya_victaous
Victorismyhero
nicko
Major
eddie
Ben Reilly
12 posters

Go down

New rule -- really a clarification of a policy we've enforced for a while Empty New rule -- really a clarification of a policy we've enforced for a while

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Members deemed by administrators to be exclusively or semi-exclusively engaged in harassing other members or disrupting the forum in general are subject to disciplinary action, including a permanent ban.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

New rule -- really a clarification of a policy we've enforced for a while Empty Re: New rule -- really a clarification of a policy we've enforced for a while

Post by eddie Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Amen to that
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

New rule -- really a clarification of a policy we've enforced for a while Empty Re: New rule -- really a clarification of a policy we've enforced for a while

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:54 pm

Stormee wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Members deemed by administrators to be exclusively or semi-exclusively engaged in harassing other members or disrupting the forum in general are subject to disciplinary action, including a permanent ban.

Don't forget some is done and accepted as a bit of fun, wit.
I luv a laff, keepz my chuckulmuscles in trim.

That's where "deeming" comes in -- we do try to accept the post in the spirit in which it was intended.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:34 pm

My spirit is Whiskey----hic--
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:36 pm

we will gladly accept a whiskey with every post you make Nicko Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:49 pm

Whisky's all gone--hic------got some vodka left---hic----hic.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:51 pm

shucks Nicko...cant have vodka....the stuff makes me nasty...

a shot of that and I'll fight anyone and anything......

seriously...that stuff is pure poison for me.....

anything else and i'll quietly slide under the table after too many.....vodka....thats a different story.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:03 am

nicko wrote:My spirit is Whiskey----hic--

Irish, Scotch, Bourbon, Tennesse, Tasmanian, Canadian, Chinese?
or is it all of the above  New rule -- really a clarification of a policy we've enforced for a while 2086560741

Personally Canadian is my favorite, then Irish
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:06 am

veya_victaous wrote:

or is it all of the above  New rule -- really a clarification of a policy we've enforced for a while 2086560741

That's quite a switch. Canadian is a light whiskey. Irish is heavy-heavy...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:45 am

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

That's quite a switch.  Canadian is a light whiskey.  Irish is heavy-heavy...

I agree with the Canadian whiskey beign light, I mix it with spring water like Whiskey Coridal.
I don't know that i'd say Irish is heavy but it is different and I like the contrast and not too fruity like Bourbon can be.
I find the tutti frutti flavour of tennese whisky the least appealing.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:41 am

Whisky makes me Frisky,
Gin makes me sin.
Brandy makes me randy.

[Don't know about Vodka]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:53 am

vodka makes you plonkas (crazy)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:55 am

That don't really ryme mate.

good try though.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:22 am

nicko wrote:Whisky makes me Frisky,
Gin makes me sin.
Brandy makes me randy.

[Don't know about Vodka]
Gin helps it slip in.
Rum helps me cum.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:29 am

Laughing Mind below the belt again Handy?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:05 am

I like Famous Grouse (don't know if you get that whisky in the US?)
I've tried loads - even very expensive ones - and I still like the bite of a grouse.....

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:12 pm

Are mods disrupting their own thread lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:49 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That's quite a switch.  Canadian is a light whiskey.  Irish is heavy-heavy...

I agree with the Canadian whiskey beign light, I mix it with spring water like Whiskey Coridal.
I don't know that i'd say Irish is heavy but it is different and I like the contrast and not too fruity like Bourbon can be.
I find the tutti frutti flavour of tennese whisky the least appealing.

Irish is heavy in the sense that it is peaty. Yes, Tennessee whisky is charcoal-filtered whisky. It gives off a sweet flavor. So Tennessee whiskys are quite sweet.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Members deemed by administrators to be exclusively or semi-exclusively engaged in harassing other members or disrupting the forum in general are subject to disciplinary action, including a permanent ban.

If that's the case how come one member is allowed to insult, harass, bully, and threaten various posters on a daily basis, often without provocation?
I tend to ignore him most of the time and leave him and whoever wants to indulge him alone, but threads are being ruined and to be frank it's getting really boring.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Syl wrote:

If that's the case how come one member is allowed to insult, harass, bully, and threaten various posters on a daily basis, often without provocation?
I tend to ignore him most of the time and leave him and whoever wants to indulge him alone, but threads are being ruined and to be frank it's getting really boring.

Actually, you are handling it in precisely the correct way. Look at how easily you detach yourself.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Actually, you are handling it in precisely the correct way.  Look at how easily you detach yourself.
Well I have better things to do than humour trolls.....but to be frank he goes above and beyond being a nuisance....he is outright nasty, and when threats are made I personally think he should be stopped not simply humoured or ignored.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:53 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Actually, you are handling it in precisely the correct way.  Look at how easily you detach yourself.
Well I have better things to do than humour trolls.....but to be frank he goes above and beyond being a nuisance....he is outright nasty, and when threats are made I personally think he should be stopped not simply humoured or ignored.

First of all, no one is to be feared. This is the Internet. Second, he's a nerd, not a threat.

People like that are insecure...casting about for a role. Add to that a lower impulse control, and the lack of introspection...and you come up with a composite of a very frightened individual.

Not a threat. A pest...but not a threat.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Look, it's not that I'm frightened of his threats - do I seem like the sort of person who would be frightened of some twat on a forum threatening to harass me? It's the motive behind it, and the fact that a blind eye is turned all the time. People should be able to post on a forum without someone threatening to make them "suffer".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:01 pm

Idea      Smile

TECHNICALLY speaking the Dodger isn't a "troll" on here...

HE'S more accurately a kind of cyber bully..

EXACERBATED by his self delusions and perverse sense of superiority.

(Just stating the obvious..   clown  ).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Look, it's not that I'm frightened of his threats - do I seem like the sort of person who would be frightened of some twat on a forum threatening to harass me? It's the motive behind it, and the fact that a blind eye is turned all the time. People should be able to post on a forum without someone threatening to make them "suffer".

100% agree. He can't hurt anyone because its the net, but his intention is to hurt and bully and frighten and that is what matters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

First of all, no one is to be feared.  This is the Internet.  Second, he's a nerd, not a threat.

People like that are insecure...casting about for a role.  Add to that a lower impulse control, and the lack of introspection...and you come up with a composite of a very frightened individual.

Not a threat.  A pest...but not a threat.

One I am certainly not a nerd thanks Quill

Certainly not insecure like you that has to invent job roles you have never have and I just give out as much as the pack have certainly done to me today., They are like a bunch of harpies, scavenging for my eyes and liver.
Its quite pathetic really and shows how they are immature

I could list the endless abuse I have had of rags, but why bother, people have already read it themselves and why her claim and Sassy to being victims is nothing short of a joke

The mods can see that and why they are ignoring them

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Of course, yesterday when a report from Didge was ignored, he pestered and pestered until a mod gave in and did what he wanted.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Of course, yesterday when a report from Didge was ignored, he pestered and pestered until a mod gave in and did what he wanted.

Well I was warned also by two mods

So that makes us in the same position

I suggest you move on and nems is right, this is tiresome and boring for the rest of the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Isn't "harpy" rather a sexist term?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Of course, yesterday when a report from Didge was ignored, he pestered and pestered until a mod gave in and did what he wanted.

I suggest you move on and nems is right, this is tiresome and boring for the rest of the forum

I suggest you change your ways before you demand that someone else "moves on". You made numerous threats to me. If you were bluffing, well I called your bluff, and now you're whining because I pulled you up for doing exactly what you threatened to do.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

I suggest you change your ways before you demand that someone else "moves on". You made numerous threats to me. If you were bluffing, well I called your bluff, and now you're whining because I pulled you up for doing exactly what you threatened to do.

Again best you get over this Rags and that is my last word on the matter

You clearly have plenty of growing up to do

Bye

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Again best you get over this Rags and that is my last word on the matter

You clearly have plenty of growing up to do

Bye

I doubt it's your last word on the matter. I gave you the chance to retract your threats and you refused, so the fault is yours.

As for growing up - do you really think that you're a mature, sensible person? Read your own posts and you'll see that's exactly what you're not. You think you can say what you like and then expect the other person to "move on". Well I've done that before, but this time I'll move on when I'm good and ready, not when you tell me to.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:13 pm

Right....I'm going to draw a line under this....

DIDGE....in reality you SHOULD appologise to those you have threatened..its a)pointless and b) irritating.

secondly

dont EVER think you can "abuse" "threaten" or "harrass" another poster within the terms of the rules...you cant

thirdly...IF you insist on so severely criticising a faith (which of course you are entitled to) you should expect to recieve criticism back from its followers

AND...just becasue someone disagrees with you DOESNT make them the enemy, or a "target" to be harrassed...

fourthly...you DONT know everything about anything

fifthly It is NOT your place to "educate" instruct" etc anyone about anything

and finally

IF YOU EVER AGAIN ISSUE SUCH A THREAT I WILL CAN YOU IN THE BASEMENT UNTILL YOU FESTER

RAGGA....

its about time YOU realised that faith is open and subject to ridicule and criticism. The religious have had it their own way for centuries and dont like "the age of reason" one little bit....
times past the religious were the ones throwing people into jail, burning them at the stake etc...even now practicing cyber harrasment on members who lose faith....any yet you expect protection from what....valid criticism....it aint going to happen

aside from that you are not the perp here except in as much as you dont know when to shurrup... Laughing Razz

now please either kiss and make up (or at least agree to disagree) or put each other on ignore....

oh and ffs...stop the trivial pm's..... Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:25 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Right....I'm going to draw a line under this....

DIDGE....in reality you SHOULD appologise to those you have threatened..its a)pointless and b) irritating.

secondly

dont EVER think you can "abuse" "threaten" or "harrass" another poster within the terms of the rules...you cant

thirdly...IF you insist on so severely criticising a faith (which of course you are entitled to) you should expect to recieve criticism back from its followers

AND...just becasue someone disagrees with you DOESNT make them the enemy, or a "target" to be harrassed...

fifthly  It is NOT your place to "educate" instruct" etc anyone about anything

and finally

IF YOU EVER AGAIN ISSUE SUCH A THREAT I WILL CAN YOU IN THE BASEMENT UNTILL YOU FESTER

RAGGA....

its about time YOU realised that faith is open and subject to ridicule and criticism. The religious have had it their own way for centuries and dont like "the age of reason" one little bit....
times past the religious were the ones throwing people into jail, burning them at the stake etc...even now practicing cyber harrasment on members who lose faith....any yet you expect protection from what....valid criticism....it aint going to happen

aside from that you are not the perp here except in as much as you dont know when to shurrup... Laughing Razz

now please either kiss and make up (or at least agree to disagree) or put each other on ignore....

I shall reply to the bit addressed to me.

I do not think that my personal faith should be open to ridicule and criticism. That is harassment. If someone says to me that I'm not a Christian because they don't like my views, that is wrong. If they mock me for having faith, that is wrong. If they use my faith against me in order to harass me, that's wrong. If they say that I must be homophobic because of my faith, otherwise I'm cherry picking, that's wrong. I have never thrown anyone into jail or burnt them at the stake, and having a go at me for what others might have done in the past is wrong. That's like saying that all Muslims are responsible for terrorist attacks in the past and in the present.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:38 pm

Oh, and Victor, I haven't sent you any PMs - not today anyway. Any I sent before today were not trivial.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:41 pm

your input is NOT appreciated stormee....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:46 pm

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Right....I'm going to draw a line under this....

secondly

fifthly  It is NOT your place to "educate" instruct" etc anyone about anything

and finally

RAGGA....

1) I offered the chance to apologies about bringing up my family members and she threw that in my face

2) How can i actually threaten anyone on here, lets be realistic and stop being silly here? If words can hurt , then the person should not be here in the first place and that is a reality, as we are all grown up enough and give out abuse nilly willy when the time chooses
So lets have some really honest as I can claim bullying daily from the pack of wolves that they are, but I do not. That certainly is harassing and clearly with one intent to get me banned. Though if that means not saying I am going to get someone back which is essentially what you are saying, then that should carry to any poster intentionally going after people?
Correct?
So happy to oblige but a very silly point in reality

3) I happily receive abuse back and did not even complain about this today, maybe you can actually show where I did?

4) The most irrelevant point you made which has absolutely nothing to do with any of this. I again am one of the few to ever admit when I am wrong, and actually apologise. I would like you to actually show others who do so and apologise?
So that is really patronizing and down right poor on your part.

5) Its not your place to tell me how to debate either. If people take issue, then that is their problem and again, then they should not be here. You often come down hard calling lefties this that and the other. So I think you are hardly in a position to offer advice on that front.
So in the future if you want to offer me advice dont treat me like some school kid, try and be professional and offer this advice personally, as all you are doing is speaking down to me, which if I did to you, then you would tell me to get stuffed

Fair enough?

All you had to say was lets be adult and apologise to each other and move on

So in the spirit of this forum, I apologise for any wrong Rags has felt insult by

Again I have no hate for anyone here as I do not know any of you in real life and would not wish hate to any here. I have said this countless many times.

I think this also needs extending out to some other posters who only came online today to also stir, which I think a private PM is sufficient, thus saving and more ongoing issues.

Now I have said my peace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:08 pm

Oh and one last point, I never said a thing or reported to you at all when I was threatened yesterday by a poster who claimed to know my identity and was going to reveal it to Victor by PM. Not that they even know my identity, or how countless people here are so fixated on my job, the hours I do, who I am with etc. So be sure to show balance when if you claim threats are issued or that people should get a life and not be so fixated on who I am in person, as that is my buisness and nobody else.
That is what is the most childish aspect here by posters.

Now have a good evening everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:20 pm

Didge wrote:Oh and one last point, I never said a thing or reported to you at all when I was threatened yesterday by a poster who claimed to know my identity and was going to reveal it to Victor by PM. Not that they even know my identity, or how countless people here are so fixated on my job, the hours I do, who I am with etc. So be sure to show balance when if you claim threats are issued or that people should get a life and not be so fixated on who I am in person, as that is my buisness and nobody else.

and that was wrong too didge..

however as you well know it would not have mattered one jot

I treat all personal information that is revealed...no matter HOW it is revealed as confidential....

and had he done so I would have banned him for "doxing" in any case.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Didge wrote:Oh and one last point, I never said a thing or reported to you at all when I was threatened yesterday by a poster who claimed to know my identity and was going to reveal it to Victor by PM. Not that they even know my identity, or how countless people here are so fixated on my job, the hours I do, who I am with etc. So be sure to show balance when if you claim threats are issued or that people should get a life and not be so fixated on who I am in person, as that is my buisness and nobody else.

It's amusing watching you change tune now you've had those knuckles rapped.   Perhaps now, you might stop harping on about who I am, what a coward I am for not revealing who I am, and assuming I'm other posters.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:27 pm

And there is a prime example of someone not moving on and holding childish grudges

Horatio, if you had not noticed, peace is being attempted here and you are not helping.

This was about my real identity, not some forum identity, far removed
So let me be as blunt as possible to you

I hardly need advice from someone who acts immature as you did above

If you want to show the right way, then lead by example and stop shit stirring

@ Point taken Victor

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:40 pm

Didge wrote:And there is a prime example of someone not moving on and holding childish grudges

Horatio, if you had not noticed, peace is being attempted here and you are not helping.

This was about my real identity, not some forum identity, far removed
So let me be as blunt as possible to you

I hardly need advice from someone who acts immature as you did above

If you want to show the right way, then lead by example and stop shit stirring

@ Point taken Victor

I'll give it two weeks before you kick off again.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:40 pm

shurrup......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:41 pm

THREAD LOCKED
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down