NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seat Belts

+4
Syl
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
Major
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Seat Belts Empty Re: Seat Belts

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm

Always, you have to be a fool not to.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:03 pm

It's illegal not to here. It would feel weird not wearing one actually - it's so automatic now.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm

Yes, and I insist everyone who comes into the car front or back wears one too.
Remember that ad where the lad in the back seat didn't wear his belt, and when the mum who is driving crashes the car, it's the boy in the back who slams into her forcing her through the windscreen and kills her.....horrible.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's illegal not to here. It would feel weird not wearing one actually - it's so automatic now.

One time I had to unbuckle my seatbelt while driving and it felt like I was just asking to die ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It's illegal not to here. It would feel weird not wearing one actually - it's so automatic now.

One time I had to unbuckle my seatbelt while driving and it felt like I was just asking to die ...

Yes, it feels totally unnatural if you do that for any reason.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:24 pm

Like any other safety device...removing it when it should be there is a deep reminder of ones mortality.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:39 pm

The downside of safety belts is remembering the paedo who advertised them
Clunk click.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Stormee wrote:
Syl wrote:The downside of safety belts is remembering the paedo who advertised them
Clunk click.

Bloomin eck, forgot that.
We used to say it and believe in it so the scumbag did do some good.
Nah...it was just a job and he was well paid for doing it. It was all over the TV screens for a long time though persuading people to belt up.
This must have been before it was made law.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:30 pm

it has been illegal to not wear one my whole life.

even my dogs have seat belts
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:33 pm

veya_victaous wrote:it has been illegal to not wear one my whole life.

alien for you

so do mine...all 6 of em

and there are enough anchor points to go round.....2 dogs to one anchor point on the rear seat in the crew cab of my BWV....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:57 pm

We have one of those hammocks between the front and back seat for Benny , it has small zips that you undo to put the seat belt through and because it comes up to the top of the back of the front seat, he can't get over it.  He has a bed on it, when he is in and comfortable on the bed we do up the seat belt, that way, we know we are safe and so is he.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:52 pm

Just hope neither of them belt you round the back of the head if you stop suddenly. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:54 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:it has been illegal to not wear one my whole life.

alien  for you

so do mine...all 6 of em

and there are enough anchor points to go round.....2 dogs to one anchor point on the rear seat in the crew cab of my BWV....

Just have visions of you flying along with all six of them.  With your beard, can those people you go past tell if it's a human that's driving lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:10 pm

nah...they think its a wookie......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:12 pm

Seat Belts Giphy

Seat Belts 3489511464 Seat Belts 3489511464 Seat Belts 3489511464 Seat Belts 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:15 pm

YAY...my portrait
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:19 pm

I thought you'd like it, it's going bark, bark, as well lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:23 pm

well there are those that think I'm "barking" ...so..........
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:30 pm

How true, however, hate to admit it, but you're one of the sane ones, the 'barking' ones stand out a mile lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:36 pm

If I'm sane....theres sod all hope for the rest of you

gibber
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:38 pm

Oh, how true, there is sod all hope of some!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:32 am

Syl wrote:The downside of safety belts is remembering the paedo who advertised them
Clunk click.

https://youtu.be/nQ-IvxZiZYk

We had 'catchy little songs' and lots of repetitive
 words to sing along > > >

And a short story/film in living color > > >

EPIC...Public Safety Announcements {PSA}

I don't even start my auto until I know that everyone in my
vehicle has 'made it click'!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:53 am

I agree its weird not wearing a seat belt ,they are times i momently forget but by the time i have travelled 50 feet, i get the feeling something missing, then realise my seat belt not on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:37 am

Stormee wrote:If I don't don seat belt an alarm goes orf.
same

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:37 pm

I don't know if you folks have noticed but I'm sure that in some TV car adverts where there are children in the back seat they're not belted.

Talking of car adverts, why oh why do they show left hand drives and driving on continental roads?

Last edited by stardesk on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:38 pm

I hadn't Stardesk, but I'll certainly keep my eye open for it now.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi Sassy, I'm sure I'm not mistaken. I'll pay more attention next adverts.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:31 pm

stardesk wrote:I don't know if you folks have noticed but I'm sure that in some TV car adverts where there are children in the back seat they're not belted.

Talking of car adverts, why oh why do they show left hand drives and driving on continental roads?
It might depend on where the car commercials were made too: here in America the laws while mandated for the manufacturer are that the seat belts be insert in the assembly of the auto >>>
The years that the type of seat belts changed from lap to the 3-pt shoulder & lap

United States1984Front lap 1965 model year; front shoulder & rear lap 1968; 3-point front 1974

In the United States, seat belt legislation varies by state. The state of Wisconsin introduced legislation in 1961 requiring seat belts to be fitted to the front outboard seat positions of cars. Seat belts have been mandatory equipment since the 1968 model year per Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 208.
**updated due to the insertion of air bags
New York State passed the first law in the US mandating the use of seat belts in 1984 under the leadership of John D. States, an orthopedic surgeon who dedicated his career to improving automotive safety.[10] Depending on which state a driver is in, not wearing a seat belt in the front seat is either a primary offense or a secondary offense, with the exception of New Hampshire, which does not have a law requiring people over age 18 to wear a seat belt. In the front seat, the driver and each passenger must wear a seat belt, one person per belt. In some states, such as New York, New Hampshire, and Michigan, belts in the rear seats are not mandatory for people over the age of 16, though it is extremely advised. The driver and front-seat passengers aged 16 or older can be fined up to $50 each for failure to buckle up. In California, you must be 15 years or older to accompany the driver in the front seat. Children 14 and younger must sit in the rear seat until they reach the age of 15.

A primary offense means that a police officer can pull a driver over for the seat belt law violation alone, and secondary offense indicates that one can be punished for a seat belt law violation only if they are already pulled over for another reason. By January 2007 25 states and the District of Columbia had primary seat belt laws, 24 had secondary seat belt laws, and New Hampshire had no laws.

Air Bags:
**all children under age of 5 {or 80 #'s} are back seat passengers only and will be in a child specific forward facing safety seat {booster seat} properly attached to the autos existing 3pt safety harness.
***all infants {newborn} will be in the back seat in a safety seat specifically designed for their age & weight, secured to the autos existing 3pt safety harness.  No child 5 or under will be seated in the front seat due to hazard of the air bags discharge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seat_belt_legislation 

And as all of our National Safety Association and Federal vs States Laws are written up for our own protection --- there are the Civil Libertarians that protest any and all such safety laws because it infringes upon their FREEDOMS --- that's why the mandate does fluctuate from state to state!

KS didn't pass the 'Click It Or Ticket' law until 2010
Where the law enforcement is allowed to pull you over just for specific seat belt violation for anyone in the front seat.  Fines range from $50. per adult to $100. per child in a improper seat location or no seat belt.

Oh, if you were involved in a traffic violation and the officer was either told or observed that there were seat belt violations --- they couldn't STOP you just for that but if writing up a ticket for another violation, and he became aware of the seat belt/child seat issue then and only then could he add on to your fines.

Now all of our auto's have warning signs about the air bag discharge dangers and that children should never be allowed to sit in the front seats unless they are a specific height and weight --- to prevent facial injuries from that air bag exploding outward into their facial area.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:38 pm

stardesk wrote:I don't know if you folks have noticed but I'm sure that in some TV car adverts where there are children in the back seat they're not belted.

Do you mean driving on the left side of the road?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Left hand drives, ie the steering wheel on the left hand side of the car for countries where you drive on the right hand side of the road.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:43 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Left hand drives, ie the steering wheel on the left hand side of the car for countries where you drive on the right hand side of the road.

In that case, they show that on adverts re continental roads because they drive on the right side of the road. Perhaps he meant - why do they show such adverts at all in the UK.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:44 pm

That's what he said lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:45 pm

sassy wrote:That's what he said lol.

That's quite ambiguous though.

Never mind - I don't care that much.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:29 pm

They are some exceptions to wearing a seat belt

when reversing
when the car is old enough not to have been fitted with them
medical grounds

i am sure they are more

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:30 pm

Exemption to wearing a seatbelt

The following exemption to wearing a seatbelt applies by virtue of the Motor Vehicles (Wearing of Seatbelts) Regulations 1993:

a person holding a medical certificate;
the driver of or a passenger in a motor vehicle constructed or adapted for carrying goods, while on a journey which does not exceed 50 metres and which is undertaken for the purpose of delivering or collecting any thing;
a person driving a vehicle while performing a manoeuvre which includes reversing; a qualified driver (within the meaning given by regulation 17 of the. Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) Regulations 1999) who is supervising the holder of a provisional licence (within the meaning of Part 111 of the Act) while that holder is performing a manoeuvre which includes reversing;
a person by whom, as provided in the Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) Regulations 1999, a test of competence to drive is being conducted and his wearing a seat belt would endanger himself or any other person;
a person driving or riding in a vehicle while it is being used for fire brigade or, in England, fire and rescue authority or police purposes or for carrying a person in lawful custody (a person who is being so carried being included in this exemption);
the driver of—

(i) a licensed taxi while it is being used for seeking hire, or answering a call for hire, or carrying a passenger for hire, or . .
(ii) a private hire vehicle while it is being used to carry a passenger for Hire;

a person riding in a vehicle, being used under a trade licence, for the purpose of investigating or remedying a mechanical fault in the vehicle;
a disabled person who is wearing a disabled-person's belt; or
a person riding in a vehicle while it is taking part in a procession organised by or on behalf of the Crown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:00 pm

korban dallas wrote:They are some exceptions to wearing a seat belt

when reversing
medical grounds  

i am sure they are more

I read both of your posts and didn't see any mention of school buses: are they manufactured with seat belts and then are the children required to have them on?

Here in the states school buses can be ordered at the time of purchase to be delivered to the school districts/or transportation hub with them or without seat belts; and then not every bus driver or school district will make it mandatory/punishable offense if the children aren't buckled up!  Suspect

The last few field trips that I went on --- OMG, I was nervous and just blown away that those little bodies weren't buckled up and many of the teachers and students asked me "why are you buckling up Mrs.______we dont' have to on the bus?"  --- I just didn't feel safe and those back seat areas get the worst of the bumps and kids going AIRBORNE...

Is it required on your student transport buses?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:10 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
korban dallas wrote:They are some exceptions to wearing a seat belt

when reversing
medical grounds  

i am sure they are more

I read both of your posts and didn't see any mention of school buses: are they manufactured with seat belts and then are the children required to have them on?

Here in the states school buses can be ordered at the time of purchase to be delivered to the school districts/or transportation hub with them or without seat belts; and then not every bus driver or school district will make it mandatory/punishable offense if the children aren't buckled up!  Suspect

The last few field trips that I went on --- OMG, I was nervous and just blown away that those little bodies weren't buckled up and many of the teachers and students asked me "why are you buckling up Mrs.______we dont' have to on the bus?"  --- I just didn't feel safe and those back seat areas get the worst of the bumps and kids going AIRBORNE...

Is it required on your student transport buses?
well thats a bit of a sticky one
they was some push a few years ago about school busses but unlike the states we don`t have dedicated buses used for school children ,more often than not its a seconded public transport bus (no seat belts ) under contract with the local council although small  buses (16 seaters) for special needs children does have to have belts

also buses used for school trips do have to have seat belts these buses are run by coach tour company`s analogous to your greyhound buses i guess

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:04 pm

There aren't any seat belts on school buses aspca, nor strangely, on commercial buses for public use.

My other half is a black-taxi driver, and oddly enough, isn't required, by law, to wear a seat belt either though his passengers are.

Seat belts do save lives so always best to wear them.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:59 pm

NATIONAL COALITION OF SCHOOL BUS SAFETY NEWS 2004
Pros and cons of seat belts
January 12, 2004
There are two camps on the issue of seat belts on school buses.
FOR SEAT BELTS:
If a crash occurs, the use of seat belts will reduce the probability of death and lessen injuries to children correctly seated in post-1977 buses.
Seat belt use improves passenger behavior and reduces driver distractions.
Seat belts offer protection against injuries in rollover or side-impact crashes.
Seat belt use on school buses has a carryover effect when riding in other vehicles.
The cost to install seat belts is nominal over the life of a bus.
AGAINST SEAT BELTS:
More children are killed around the school bus than inside the school bus. Seat belts are of no value in these accidents.
No data show that seat belts would reduce fatalities or injuries in front- and rear-end accidents.
Over the past two decades, compartmentalized seat design has demonstrated it works in many wrecks.
Money proposed for seat belt installation would be better spent on other safety measures.  http://www.ncsbs.org/news_2004/pros_and_cons.htm

I've only had limited experience traveling in a taxi cab; but those 3 incidents made my life shorter by a couple of years {at least}...granted those fine humans do that speedy/darting in and out of traffic with such dexterity that they are famous for No  But the one or two I was in was by the 'CLOCK' not just charging per the 'MILE'...and I kept asking the dude to 'SLOW THE HELL DOWN - PLEASE' affraid  Lucky for me that there was a strap handle hanging down where I could grab it --- or I'd have been tossed upon the floor!  UGH 

Back to the bus issue: we've had case studies here in America written right from all of the touring buses and school bus accidents and 'ALL' of those statistics point to the numbers of children that WOULD NOT have sustained minor - major injuries had they been wearing seat belts.  And the number of bullies getting away with pure torture to other children on the buses would decrease as well.  Seat Belts 2190311264

The frustration about this issue is a deep as reading what Ralph Nader suffered trying to get our own PSA to back him about requirements for the auto industry and a national speed limit!  UGHHHH

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:03 pm

Wow must've been a long time ago you were in a London black-taxi! They can hardly drive fast anywhere at anytime these days due to the pure congestion and traffic in London No
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:29 pm

eddie wrote:Wow must've been a long time ago you were in a London black-taxi! They can hardly drive fast anywhere at anytime these days due to the pure congestion and traffic in London No

Oh, this American's never - ever been to Europe.  Traveled to Canada many a time: both for work and my husband was Canadian Wink   Chicago - Las Vegas - Dallas, Tx --- the only 3 times that I said prayers and got into a yellow cab! 

Whiplash method of driving and the horrid language being shouted out that window at other drivers --- Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:44 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
eddie wrote:Wow must've been a long time ago you were in a London black-taxi! They can hardly drive fast anywhere at anytime these days due to the pure congestion and traffic in London No

Oh, this American's never - ever been to Europe.  Traveled to Canada many a time: both for work and my husband was Canadian Wink   Chicago - Las Vegas - Dallas, Tx --- the only 3 times that I said prayers and got into a yellow cab! 

Whiplash method of driving and the horrid language being shouted out that window at other drivers --- Embarassed

Hahahahahahaha the language of drivers isn't always the best.....

Hope you got recompensed for your whiplash injury!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:06 pm

Never even dawned on me to go see a specialist --- I was too busy Seat Belts Th?id=OIP.M882f385c65515ba3e028127c3fe7a321H0&pid=15

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:43 pm

looking for "bugs"?
praying to allah?
waiting for a "back ender"
examining the asphatlt??

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Lord Foul wrote:looking for "bugs"?
praying to allah?
waiting for a "back ender"
examining the asphatlt??
Kissing mother earth for delivering me safely after my crazy/life altering taxi cab ride affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next