NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Could God do about Evil?

+8
eddie
stardesk
Raggamuffin
Victorismyhero
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
veya_victaous
Fuzzy Zack
12 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What Could God do about Evil? - Page 4 Empty What Could God do about Evil?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

My post “Evil: Still no Good Answers” has provoked a lively discussion with over 200 comments. Theistic commentators naturally want to argue that there are indeed plausible reasons for God to permit evil, even evils of the magnitude, extent, and variety that we find in the actual world. A common theme of these replies is to demand that those who pose atheological arguments from evil must state realistic alternatives. How, specifically, might God have eliminated or alleviated the moral or natural evil of the world? It is easy enough, they imply, to bemoan the world’s evils, but if this complaint is to have substance, if it is to be more than a cri de coeur, then there has to be some plausible account of just how the world could have had less evil without also eliminating the greatest goods.

It is the case that evils and goods are connected in intricate ways so that some goods, indeed, some of the most important ones can only arise in the face of evils, and eliminating those evils would also cost us the related goods. For instance, it is easy to imagine a universe that would be a hedonistic paradise with no travail, hardship, or challenge and with well-fed, healthy creatures living lives of ease and never having a pain or enduring a want that is not instantly gratified. But such a life would only be a sort of Brave New World of self-indulgence and selfishness populated by lazy sybarites who dream nothing, achieve nothing, have no deep thoughts or feelings, and experience no great triumphs. A world with no pains, frustrations, or heartbreak, where a comfortable life requires no effort and nothing bad ever happens to anyone would also be a world in which nothing would matter, there would be no greatness or nobility, and everyone would be an over privileged, spoiled, useless nonentity (think the “affluenza” teen).

- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularoutpost/2016/01/20/what-could-god-do-about-evil/#sthash.4xz104OS.dpuf

Plenty more to read on the link

Back to top Go down

What Could God do about Evil? - Page 4 Empty Re: What Could God do about Evil?

Post by nicko Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:06 am

When I read what some people do to animals,

I think evil bastard, among other thoughts.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:10 am

aspca4ever wrote:
Didge asked >>> Usual hateful rhetoric?
lol show me where that was?
Then explain what evil is?

No - No...what I stated was >>> Found your OP'd piece an interesting 'food 4 thought'; once I waded through the actual on point posts and skimmed over all of the hateful rhetoric
 I should have typed "hateful rhetoric posts" ...but I'll claim the lateness of the day and mental fatigue as well.

Defining what my specific moral compass value for 'GOOD / EVIL' is as subjective as the time of day - how mentally well adjusted I might be given any one circumstance - or how well I am dealing with my pain factor for that instance and the issue of what am I viewing...is there an animal involved and is there human behaving badly!!!  

Far to many variables IMHO-just give pat answers to - "Then Explain what evil is?" ...IOW's, EVIL can be applied to too many instantaneous/finite issues to carry a 'THIS IS EVIL TO ME' explanation.

Gibberish

Explain what was hateful, stop giving me poor excuses after making such an absurd statement

Second there is no such thing as evil as its just a concept

Second if you think evil is a necessity, then you must then think evil is required and that hurt is needed upon people

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:18 am

If you truly loved animals by the way you would not keep them
Its is a selfish view within humans that they enslave animals to their own needs and not that of the animal. Humanity domesticated animals for their own need, not that of the animal. I mean would anyone view having a human as a pet not only wrong and barbaric, yet we have no issue with any animal species making pets of them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:43 am

Didge wrote:
aspca4ever wrote:

I should have typed "hateful rhetoric posts" ...but I'll claim the lateness of the day and mental fatigue as well.

Defining what my specific moral compass value for 'GOOD / EVIL' is as subjective as the time of day - how mentally well adjusted I might be given any one circumstance - or how well I am dealing with my pain factor for that instance and the issue of what am I viewing...is there an animal involved and is there human behaving badly!!!  

Far to many variables IMHO-just give pat answers to - "Then Explain what evil is?" ...IOW's, EVIL can be applied to too many instantaneous/finite issues to carry a 'THIS IS EVIL TO ME' explanation.

Gibberish
Explain what was hateful, stop giving me poor excuses after making such an absurd statement
Second if you think evil is a necessity, then you must then think evil is required and that hurt is needed upon people
I'm seeing a pattern here; while you missed the post {or willfully misconstrued it} that I had read YOUR TOPIC from beginning to the end {enjoyed some spot on posts and skipped over some hateful rhetoric ones}...you seem to have locked onto a frame of mind that I was ONLY TALKING ABOUT 'YOU' --- Good Grief SMH If all you want is a heated exchange and verbal battle over 'you said this and I deem it "gibberish"' then you really aren't interested in anything that I would offer up as a adult discussion and you are only looking to attack What Could God do about Evil? - Page 4 1716015268

Ad Hominen attacks do nothing but make your conversations redundant and immature, WHY DO YOU APPROACH TOPICS IN THIS MANNER?
It's says far more about you and your maturity {or the lack there of} then your foot stamping approach to 'demand' answers that you won't like/enjoy/respect.
What Could God do about Evil? - Page 4 1191311443

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:45 am

Didge wrote:If you truly loved animals by the way you would not keep them
Its is a selfish view within humans that they enslave animals to their own needs and not that of the animal. Humanity domesticated animals for their own need, not that of the animal. I mean would anyone view having a human as a pet not only wrong and barbaric, yet we have no issue with any animal species making pets of them

OFF - TOPIC and a absolute mind blowing rant that; well deserves no honest reply! You appear to fall off of the topic rather absurdly and violently --- did that hurt? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:47 am

aspca4ever wrote:
Didge wrote:

Gibberish
I'm seeing a pattern here; while you missed the post {or willfully misconstrued it} that I had read YOUR TOPIC from beginning to the end {enjoyed some spot on posts and skipped over some hateful rhetoric ones}...you seem to have locked onto a frame of mind that I was ONLY TALKING ABOUT 'YOU' --- Good Grief SMH  If all you want is a heated exchange and verbal battle over 'you said this and I deem it "gibberish"' then you really aren't interested in anything that I would offer up as a adult discussion and you are only looking to attack  What Could God do about Evil? - Page 4 1716015268

Ad Hominen attacks do nothing but make your conversations redundant and immature, WHY DO YOU APPROACH TOPICS IN THIS MANNER?  
It's says far more about you and your maturity {or the lack there of} then your foot stamping approach to 'demand' answers that you won't like/enjoy/respect.  
What Could God do about Evil? - Page 4 1191311443    

There was nothing mentally stimulating in your reply, as you again argued that evil is needed, which is of course blatantly absurd and idiotic, as it means harm befalling living beings
Take me as it is, I just do not suffer idiots
So no stamping, just do not post bullshit, then I have no reason to belittle you
So when you offer something adult left me know, your view on st Augustine was at best daft

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:49 am

aspca4ever wrote:

OFF - TOPIC and a absolute mind blowing rant that; well deserves no honest reply!  You appear to fall off of the topic rather absurdly and violently --- did that hurt? Shocked  

How as the above a rant?
Nothing worse than an idiot making out they understand psychology

You do not, at best, you love things all fluffy I guess

Well keeping pets is wrong, as its selfish, try and reason against that, not offer me idiotic babble

Would you keep a human as a pet?

If not, explain why?

Then ask yourself why you selfishly need animals to satisfy a need you have?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:54 am

Also you brought up about animals, not I

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:10 pm

Didge stated >>> There was nothing mentally stimulating in your reply, as you again argued that evil is needed, which is of course blatantly absurd and idiotic, as it means harm befalling living beings
So no stamping, just do not post bullshit, then I have no reason to belittle you
So when you offer something adult left me know, your view on st Augustine was at best daft

Well, my point has been so efficiently proven {TY for that}...your self-anointed opinion about 'ME' has effectively shut down any need to continue with this charade of wanting to exchange ideologies and understand my POV.

You are indeed your own worst enemy and you go from humanoid to ad homenin/personal assassination attacks in nanoseconds! Congrats, you'll go far in a community discussion group - or not! But you won't be draining my energy --- you are not WORTHY! relieved

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:13 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
Didge stated >>> There was nothing mentally stimulating in your reply, as you again argued that evil is needed, which is of course blatantly absurd and idiotic, as it means harm befalling living beings

Well, my point has been so efficiently proven {TY for that}...your self-anointed opinion about 'ME' has effectively shut down any need to continue with this charade of wanting to exchange ideologies and understand my POV.  

You are indeed your own worst enemy and you go from humanoid to ad homenin/personal assassination attacks in nanoseconds!  Congrats, you'll go far in a community discussion group - or not!  But you won't be draining my energy --- you are not WORTHY!   relieved

Have a greenie, you sussed him out in less than 24 hrs lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:13 pm

aspca4ever wrote:

You are indeed your own worst enemy and you go from humanoid to ad homenin/personal assassination attacks in nanoseconds!  Congrats, you'll go far in a community discussion group - or not!  But you won't be draining my energy --- you are not WORTHY!   relieved

So in other words more excuses and nothing to back your points

You are the only one now going on about me, showing you are not only a hypocrite but very much showing double standards

I suggest you debate the points and not the poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:14 pm

sassy wrote:
aspca4ever wrote:

Have a greenie, you sussed him out in less than 24 hrs lol

She will take less to suss out you a a vile rascist

Lets see lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:47 pm

I'm thinking of homing a retired greyhound - isn't that better than letting her live in the kennels?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:49 pm

eddie wrote:

I'm thinking of homing a retired greyhound - isn't that better than letting her live in the kennels?

If humanity had not been selfish, would that animal even be in a kennel, is more the point?

Sadly now because we breed dogs and cats to have as pets, there is a need to look after so many abandoned.

Which makes it even more wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Yes I know, I think people who race greyhounds should have a limit to how many they're allowed to own.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:49 pm

eddie wrote:

My brother had one, and I've had lurchers, they are lovely dogs and absolutely love a cuddle and a snooze once they have had a good run.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:54 pm

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

My brother had one, and I've had lurchers, they are lovely dogs and absolutely love a cuddle and a snooze once they have had a good run.

Yes I know they're lovely animals
Will let you know if and when X
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:55 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:

And a pic please.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:03 pm

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:

And a pic please.

Of course!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:05 pm

eddie wrote:Yes I know, I think people who race greyhounds should have a limit to how many they're allowed to own.

You miss my point, its because of a selfish need humans had to domesticate, that to the point now dogs and cats are bred to excess that so many animals are in such plight, where many are abandoned. Its a disgusting industry to be honest and all to satisfy a human need of companionship

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:Yes I know, I think people who race greyhounds should have a limit to how many they're allowed to own.

You miss my point, its because of a selfish need humans had to domesticate, that to the point now dogs and cats are bred to excess that so many animals are in such plight, where many are abandoned. Its a disgusting industry to be honest and all to satisfy a human need of companionship

Yes it is. It's also selfish to breed and mass produce so many animals to feed big fat meat-eaters to satisfy their selfish greed.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:12 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Yes it is. It's also selfish to breed and mass produce so many animals to feed big fat meat-eaters to satisfy their selfish greed.

But to eat animals I am not hypocritical, we have a need to eat meat.
Do I support the methods use to farm such animals?
No
But I would still eat meat based on the old methods to hunt only what is needed to eat and have everything as nature was meant to be, not as humanity changed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:09 pm

We don't "need" meat and certainly not in the amount we consume.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:12 pm

eddie wrote:We don't "need" meat and certainly not in the amount we consume.

You mean "you" do not need meat, others do and hence why I said in its natural state when humans only hunted what they needed

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:We don't "need" meat and certainly not in the amount we consume.

You mean "you" do not need meat, others do and hence why I said in its natural state when humans only hunted what they needed

No, I meant humans don't "need" meat, otherwise I, along with thousands of other vegetarians and vegans, would be dead. scratch

You're confusing need and want.

You NEED water, you WANT meat.

I'm not judging anyone's dietary habits, I'm just correcting your statement.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:22 pm

http://freefromharm.org/health-nutrition/catching-up-with-science-burying-the-humans-need-meat-argument/

http://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/dont-we-need-to-eat-meat-and-dairy-products-to-be-healthy/

I can get heaps more.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:23 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

No, I meant  humans don't "need" meat, otherwise I, along with thousands of other vegetarians and vegans, would be dead.  scratch

Meat has been part of the human diet for tens of thousands of years and if you think surviving on  veggies is anyway good for the wind it produces, you have another thing coming

I am telling you humans are omnivores.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:25 pm

From one of your favourite sites:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-freston/shattering-the-meat-myth_b_214390.html

We don't NEED meat to survive. You know that's not factually correct
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:26 pm

eddie wrote:From one of your favourite sites:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-freston/shattering-the-meat-myth_b_214390.html

We don't NEED meat to survive. You know that's not factually correct

I can do the same

http://www.biology-online.org/articles/humans-omnivores.html

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:27 pm

Didge you're confusing what weve been doing for thousands of years to what a human body NEEDS

And seeing as you love science, they sll seem to agree that a plant based diet works better in a human body

Oh, and what an old fashioned idea that being a vegetarian makes you windy! You've no idea what I eat! lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:28 pm

Not confusing anything, if anytging you are confusing what are bodies need Eddie as its you in self denial

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:54 pm

Didge wrote:Not confusing anything, if anytging you are confusing what are bodies need Eddie as its you in self denial

Didge if I needed meat, indeed if humans needed meat, then all the worlds vegetarians would be dead!!

You're confusing what YOU think a body needs, with what nutritional experts, scientists, and vegetarians think they need!

If humans NEED meat then I and millions of others, are a walking miracle.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:56 pm

If we were not supposed to eat meat, why did God make it so tasty?

As an aside, if you spent a day in a slaughter house you'd never eat meat again!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:03 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:Not confusing anything, if anytging you are confusing what are bodies need Eddie as its you in self denial

Didge if I needed meat, indeed if humans needed meat, then all the worlds vegetarians would be dead!!

You're confusing what YOU think a body needs, with what nutritional experts, scientists, and vegetarians think they need!

If humans NEED meat then I and millions of others, are a walking miracle.

The point is Eddie only because of now that you can choose do you decide to not eat meat. Given that it would have most definitely been on what you needed to eat would you have eaten and needed to. Its only because you are given a choice that you can decide
Which means its not down to you to say others should not eat meat either
Without people making food available, lets face it you would eat meat if given the chance, because you would be starving

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:47 pm

Didge I want to make one point clear:

I would never preach that others shouldn't eat meat.
I spend a long time choosing the best two pieces od steak for my other half and my son - it's their "saturday boys dinner" lol

I cook meat for my family every singe day - except a couple of days when we will have a vegetarian dinner - full of protein.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:57 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

But to eat animals I am not hypocritical, we have a need to eat meat.
Do I support the methods use to farm such animals?
No
But I would still eat meat based on the old methods to hunt only what is needed to eat and have everything as nature was meant to be, not as humanity changed it.

DELUSIONAL - and a heavy dose of insanity dumped into that paragraph as well. jocolor
A human body needs a certain amount of 'PROTEIN'; doesn't mean that it has to be from a MEAT/POULTRY/FISH source {basic biology}...proteins come in a huge variety of nuts/legumes and vegetables!

While 'YOU' might have the grandiose idea about sustaining 'YOUR' life form with 'YOUR' own hunter/gatherer methods...doesn't equate that the entire global population would be able to sustain themselves in the very same way!

You think the dinosaur disappeared quickly --- how about the local: deer/rabbit/elk/geese/duck/fish and anything else that would be left when those hungry humans ran out of area's to hunt and forage for their daily nutritional intake!
But you seem to dwell in a bubble of your own making and the more I read the more that becomes a certified fact! LMAO
Humanity needed the mass production of Agriculture for both - farm to table produce and protein supply ready to cook & eat meats/veal/poultry and fish.

Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human, theorizes that the control of fire by early humans and the associated development of cooking was the spark that radically changed human evolution. Texts such as Guns, Germs, and Steel suggest that early advances in plant agriculture and husbandry fundamentally shifted the way that collective groups of individuals, and eventually societies, developed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_and_society

It would appear that your diatribe and entire derail of this single topic was all due to a lack of cognitive thought and reading comprehension about 'GOD & EVIL'...What Could God do about Evil? - Page 4 1177314732
SWEET JESUS, look how far off the tracks you've taken this one topic!

What Could God do about Evil? - Page 4 919144451 What Could God do about Evil? - Page 4 2086560741 What Could God do about Evil? - Page 4 265384880

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:58 pm

Sorry just laughed at than inane drivel

What did I say based on going back to nature based on hunting needs?

Humans certainly did survive as omnivores, so your argument has badly sunk dear lol

Take your time or did you not follow what was being said?

Last edited by Didge on Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:59 pm

eddie wrote:Didge I want to make one point clear:

I spend a long time choosing the best two pieces od steak for my other half and my son - it's their "saturday boys dinner" lol

I cook meat for my family every singe day - except a couple of days when we will have a vegetarian dinner - full of protein.

Then why are you telling me I do not need to eat meat?

Its a choice for everyone what they want to eat and I would never deny you Eddie as you welll know as i would accommodate any guest for their deitry needs

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:43 pm

nicko wrote:If we were not supposed to eat meat,   why did God make it so tasty?

As an aside, if you spent a day in a slaughter house you'd never eat meat again!

If we all had to hunt and slaughter and dress our own meat, we might think twice about eating it.   Supermarkets sanitize the process and we don't even think about the suffering involved.   I do eat meat, but I also buy from a local farm butcher and it's organic and, I'm assured, slaughtered as humanely as possible.  I only eat free range eggs.  Now, I may not be able to prove that those eggs are genuinely free range, but they come from the same butcher as the meat and they are a family run reputable firm, so I'm guessing yes.   It might cost me twice as much, but I'd rather eat an animal free of hormones and antibiotics which has had a life short but free. 

I believe too, that a stressed cruelly slaughtered animal has tainted meat, it can taste bad.  

Having said all this, veggie or not, if one were genuinely starving, one would eat a horse with a shitty arse.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:11 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:Didge I want to make one point clear:

Its a choice for everyone what they want to eat and I would never deny you Eddie as you welll know as i would accommodate any guest for their deitry needs

I picked up on the "need" part. I merely said we didn't need meat, we eat it because we want to, not becasue we need it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

I picked up on the "need" part. I merely said we didn't need meat, we eat it because we want to, not becasue we need it.

We have though Eddie and did need it for many years and it was very much part of human survival

Again where has our choices come from today?

Only from the necessity to obtain food has been rendered that much easier by the choices that we have at our fingertips.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:18 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

No, I meant  humans don't "need" meat, otherwise I, along with thousands of other vegetarians and vegans, would be dead.  scratch

do you take any supplements ?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:46 pm

eddies right you don’t need meat you can obtain the same required nutrition in significantly more inefficient ways like mushroom nuts legumes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:01 am

We may hsve needed meat in the past; but we don't need it today.

I will be open that while I eat meat everyday (because I love the taste) eating meat is pretty awful and damaging to the environment, to the body (when eaten multiple times daily) and to the animals it murders on mass. Regardless of this, I am weak to those tastes and cannot be a veggie, let alone vegan.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:24 am

Eilzel wrote:We may hsve needed meat in the past; but we don't need it today.

I will be open that while I eat meat everyday (because I love the taste) eating meat is pretty awful and damaging to the environment, to the body (when eaten multiple times daily) and to the animals it murders on mass. Regardless of this, I am weak to those tastes and cannot be a veggie, let alone vegan.

Same here, compadre. I was a vegetarian for a decade, but it turns out I was weak Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:59 am

korban dallas wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

do you take any supplements ?

Hi KD
No I don't as I really do have a pretty varied and healthy diet - I always have actually, even as a meat-eater
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:08 pm

why would god do anything about evil, he created it after all.

If you believe any of that nonsense
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:03 pm

ASPCA, high and welcome. You must forgive the off-topic rants, it always happens no matter what the subject. Some people seem to think it places them higher up the ladder of inteligence. Trying to score points like that spoils interesting discussions.

Back to the topic: Earlier in the discussion I claimed that everything has an opposite, that includes good and bad. You cannot have one without the other, otherwise either one cannot be recognised as existing in its own right.
How can we appreciate and recognise something, and give it a value, without experiencing its opposite? How can you recognise sour if you've never tasted sweet, also warmth and cold. Giving good and evil compositions and values is only based on human experience. Take humans out of the equation what are we left with? Natural events which create both positive and negative results. The natural world relies on those extremes for life to adjust and proliferate, and of course disease, starvation and death help control numbers, otherwise the planet would be overpopulated and unable to sustain life.

That last sentence applies to we humans. We are overpopulating the planet and the larder will soon be empty, but, I often think that natural disasters and disease-epidemics are a way of Nature hitting back and trying to control our numbers.

Over to you.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:29 pm

stardesk wrote:ASPCA, high and welcome. You must forgive the off-topic rants, it always happens no matter what the subject. Some people seem to think it places them higher up the ladder of inteligence. Trying to score points like that spoils interesting discussions.

Back to the topic: Earlier in the discussion I claimed that everything has an opposite, that includes good and bad. You cannot have one without the other, otherwise either one cannot be recognised as existing in its own right.
How can we appreciate and recognise something, and give it a value, without experiencing its opposite? How can you recognise sour if you've never tasted sweet, also warmth and cold. Giving good and evil compositions and values is only based on human experience. Take humans out of the equation what are we left with? Natural events which create both positive and negative results. The natural world relies on those extremes for life to adjust and proliferate, and of course disease, starvation and death help control numbers, otherwise the planet would be overpopulated and unable to sustain life.

That last sentence applies to we humans. We are overpopulating the planet and the larder will soon be empty, but, I often think that natural disasters and disease-epidemics are a way of Nature hitting back and trying to control our numbers.

Over to you.

Interesting post and something that I've been delving into while doing the research about how the RCC names their saints and that splintered off into how the RCC utilized the natives {heathens/pagan} rituals to entice/slowly change them over to the RCC's method of faith control. So the pagan worship & methods were allowed {within reason} and slowly but surely the evolution was changing with each subsequent generation --- RCC even absorbed some of the local customs within their own church routines too. Tools to keep the coffers full; no organization does it better then religion and yet without the 'FEAR' driven tool of the 'DEVIL'...there'd be no need for a formalized faith within any social order...period.

And all of those isolated islands and native area's had developed their very own form of some kind of 'SKY GOD' belief system and utilized that hierarchy to maintain a form of control over the locals.

The basic premise for 'ALL' faith is to control social order and if we expect to live an undamaged life and never suffer any frailties of our human bodies --- well that certainly wasn't what was stamped on my happy arse when I was born.

I've had close friends die in a horrendous plane crash and I've heard people say; talking about the survivors---'well, it was GODs will that they survived'scratch
So the other people that were saying their specific prayers and perished were --- WHAT...total losers that didn't deserve to survive?
Don't know if you have a FB account or not; but now the hapless humans that can't survive a day without sending around >>> 'if you don't forward this on/paste this on your FB page --- you aren't a JESUS follower/GOD devotee...and you are doing Satan's work! GOOD GRIEF, it's become a FB mantra driven chain letter that expects people to fall all over this because - JESUS/GOD has nothing better to do then scan everyone's FB post to see who's naughty or nice???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:39 pm

stardesk stated >>> That last sentence applies to we humans. We are overpopulating the planet and the larder will soon be empty, but, I often think that natural disasters and disease-epidemics are a way of Nature hitting back and trying to control our numbers.

Given the most recent viruses promoted & spread by both the minute tick population {Lymes/RockyMountainSpottedFever/BourbonCoTick virus} and 2 other new mutations...as well as the mosquito {Zika/Dengue/yellow fever or West Nile/Chikungunya viruses}...it would appear that the smallest of our insect world is working over time to CULL THE HERD OF HUMANITY! Besides the rapid climate changes that are forcing immediate changes in production vegetable planting seasons --- it's making the 'Dooms-Day-Sayers' hit hyper speed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next