NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch: People don’t know the Bible from the Koran

+4
eddie
Fuzzy Zack
veya_victaous
Eilzel
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Watch: People don’t know the Bible from the Koran - Page 3 Empty Watch: People don’t know the Bible from the Koran

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

A duo of Dutch comedians who run the Dit is Normaal YouTube channel pulled off a telling and incredibly timely stunt.

They purchased a copy of the Bible, wrapped it in a fake cover indicating that it was the Koran, and read out some particularly troubling passages to passersby.

At the end, they reveal that these lines were actually from Christianity's holy book, not that of Islam, much to the bewilderment of those caught on camera. The video has garnered more than 2 million views since it was uploaded Friday.

Here are some of the passages the comedians highlight:

"If you reject my commands and abhor my laws you will eat the flesh of your own sons... and the flesh of your own daughters."
"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission."
"If two men sleep with each other they will both have to be killed."

To no great surprise, the people interviewed are not impressed and wonder aloud that violence is ingrained in Islam.

Some even suggest that the Bible is a more "positive" and "less harsh" religious tract.

This echoes a strain of thought now peddled by some prominent analysts and politicians, who pin the root causes of Islamist militancy on the fundamental nature of Islam itself — rather than more recent historical and political factors that have led to the rise of extremism in certain corners of the world.

As the video shows, though, all ancient religious texts carry language that we would now find disturbing.

"It's all just prejudice really. I always try not to be prejudiced myself, but apparently I already am," concludes one of the people hoodwinked by the experiment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/12/07/watch-people-dont-know-the-bible-from-the-koran/?tid=pm_world_pop_b

Facinating

Back to top Go down

Watch: People don’t know the Bible from the Koran - Page 3 Empty Re: Watch: People don’t know the Bible from the Koran

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:59 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Richard The Lionheart wrote:So why have not the majority of the Muslim religious leaders Sexy, classified ISIS as apostates?
This would go a long way to seperate extremism from being associated to islam.

Lol! What makes you think they haven't condemned Isis?

Which ones haven't?

Do you need glasses?

What was asked?

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Watch: People don’t know the Bible from the Koran - Page 3 Empty Re: Watch: People don’t know the Bible from the Koran

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:59 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Lol You said it much better than I did

Thanks Sis.

I'm glad we said exactly the same thing.

There are some on here who think we say any old shit just to suit us. Xxx

Hahaha!

You mean the Dail mail people who haven't met a Muslim in real life!

xxx
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So is it not mentioned in the Koran at all?

Also, is it harder when Ramadan is in the summer? After all, the days are longer.

Off memory, the Quran states to guard certain parts of the body. From your private areas and maybe hair (not sure about the hair but I can check if it really bothers you). lol!

I was just trying to establish whether there was room for interpretation, and I've done that.

It doesn't bother me that much, although I really don't like those ghastly burkas at all.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:04 pm

Copout again fvrom the immature child

Sexy claims ISIS arfe not Muslims

Muslim religious leaders condemn them, but not class them as apostates.
They thus stiull view them as Muslims

Problematic

I see both of you avoid like the plauge anything rational that makes your religion look absurd.

Again like I say to deify the hadiths and even claim what is authentic renders the quran obsolete

So again why is it that the vast majority of Muslim religious leaders classify all ISIS as apostates.
Its blasphemy to kill innocent people endorsing Allah in Islam and yet little is done on this, as how many Fatwahs have been issued against them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:04 pm

So do Muslims think that the sole purpose of hair is to keep one's head warm? After all, hair is natural, so why should it be covered?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I was just trying to establish whether there was room for interpretation, and I've done that.

It doesn't bother me that much, although I really don't like those ghastly burkas at all.

The burka is a week interpretation.

Only the prophet's wives were advised to wear them in public, to stop them being harrassed, abused or attacked.

They do annoy me a bit. I'm not saying I'd say anything to a woman wearing one, but they're so absurd and completely unnatural, and they look horrible. It's particularly annoying when I see a woman wearing one when out with a bloke who's dressed normally.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Its simple Rags, its to control.
This happened for years in the Christian faith over women also.
To claim that women need to cover up is basically viewing women as a problem and not men.
I find that appalling as that women need to do so because some men cannot control themselves, thus placing the onus on women and not teaching men that it is wrong.
Its the biggest load oif bullshit ever to control women

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:Copout again fvrom the immature child

No they class them as NOT Muslims

Problematic

I see both of you avoid like the plauge anything rational that makes your religion look absurd.

Again like I say to deify the hadiths and even claim what is authentic renders the quran obsolete

So again why is it that the vast majority of Muslim religious leaders classify all ISIS as apostates.
Its blasphemy to kill innocent people endorsing Allah in Islam and yet little is done on this, as how many Fatwahs have been issued against them?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:08 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:Its simple Rags, its to control.
To claim that women need to cover up is basically viewing women as a problem and not men.
I find that appalling as that women need to do so because some men cannot control themselves, thus placing the onus on women and not teaching men that it is wrong.

The women I know wear them for it themselves they are not forced to wear it by men
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:Its simple Rags, its to control.

But I think that the women who wear them are largely doing so voluntarily, so they're controlling themselves. It's a step way too far. There's modesty and then there's wearing something completely unnatural. They even have health problems with lack of Vitamin D.

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:10 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

No they class them as NOT Muslims

Problematic

Right here is why the faith of Islam is illogical

They claim we are all born Muslims.
Anyone then who is not a Muslim is an apostate.
Sexy claims ISIS are not Muslim,. but does not clsssify them as apostates.
If they are not Muslims, they must be apostates, being as we are all born Muslims according to Islam

Hence the absurdity of the religion.
So again why do not religious leaders clsssify ISIS as apostates, which would seperate extremism from islam.

It seems both sexy and Zack do not want to clsssify Muslims in ISIS as apostates.

That is very worrying

Last edited by Richard The Lionheart on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Problematic

I have answered all your questions so I think you are the one being irrational here!

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:13 pm

No you have not sexy and this is what you always do, avoid.
Which is fine but you do not fill me and no doubt others that what you are doing and others is having no effect of stemming extremism. If you cannot even clsssify ISIS as apostates, then a question hangs over why you would not.
Its like Muslims are afraid to judge other Muslims

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:14 pm

One Mufti who still cannot classify them as apostatess.

Not one example

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:16 pm

Still not one that classifies them as apostates.

Is that it on fatwas also?

Seems the problem is worse than I thought

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Not been schooled at all.

Again show me any where they have been judged apostates?
Also you are not my friend remember lol
That was your choice when you had a hissy fit

So where is the hundreds of thousands of religious leades names?

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:20 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:No you have not sexy and this is what you always do, avoid.
Which is fine but you do not fill me and no doubt others that what you are doing and others is having no effect of stemming extremism. If you cannot even  clsssify ISIS as apostates, then a question hangs over why you would not.

Ok what have I avoided?
Are they Apostates no cause I don't believe they were Muslims before! Its really that simple Didge
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:20 pm

Copout yet again

It was a simple question of which you could not answer

You both fail to see how that would help seperate extremism from Islam

Both of you fail to grasp that.

If Muslims thinking of joining saw that they would be condemned as apostates and denied then being viewed as Martyrs, this would no doubt make some thing twice of committing martydom.
Neither of you can grasp how to play on the religion itself to place fear back onto would be jihadis to stop them from joining

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:22 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:Copout yet again

If Muslims thinking of joining saw that they would be condemned as apostates and denied then being viewed as Martyrs, this would no doubt make some thing twice of committing martydom.
Neither of you can grasp how to play on the religion itself to place fear back onto would be jihadis to stop them from joining

Erm what you on about?

All Imams have condemned them and have said so!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:22 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Richard The Lionheart wrote:No you have not sexy and this is what you always do, avoid.
Which is fine but you do not fill me and no doubt others that what you are doing and others is having no effect of stemming extremism. If you cannot even  clsssify ISIS as apostates, then a question hangs over why you would not.

Ok what have I avoided?
Are they Apostates no cause I don't believe they were Muslims before! Its really that simple Didge

Why do they call themselves the Islamic State then?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Richard The Lionheart wrote:Not been schooled at all.

Again show me any where they have been judged apostates?
Also you are not my friend remember lol
That was your choice when you had a hissy fit

So where is the hundreds of thousands of religious leades names?

You really are sensitive.

It's about time you got over your hang ups and chill out. You might not have to delete this user profile too.

lol that has to be the worst attempt at goading an emotive response from a poster you have ever tried.
That really sums up the immaturity of relikgious literal believers.
Again your deity places emotions over reason.
Hate and vengence over love
That love is conditional, so its no surprise some Muslims like you fail to grasp emotions themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:23 pm

What about these girls from the UK who run off to join ISIS? Are they not real Muslims either?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Ok what have I avoided?

Some just have yokes on their neck. ;-)

I seriously don't understand what he means by I avoid answering his questions!

Anyway I gota go now see you lot later xx
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why do they call themselves the Islamic State then?

You could call yourself Islamic State.

I wouldn't though because I'm not a Muslim.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:25 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Richard The Lionheart wrote:Copout yet again

And isn't this why you're so threatened: That so many are reverting?

Finally you reveal your true worries.

Hilarious again
I have no concerns, the onl;y ones is where children are brainwashed and have no choice over their faith.
Again Zack, your feebl attempts and trying to goad an emotive response are childish and it shows how you lack any experince of love.
Yours is one that is with an imaginary being, called Allah.
Its also very one sided

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:25 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:What about these girls from the UK who run off to join ISIS? Are they not real Muslims either?

Ever heard of grooming?

That's not an answer. If ISIS are not Muslims, does that mean the girls going off to join them are not Muslims either?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:26 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I wouldn't though because I'm not a Muslim.

And nor are they.

Yes they are. I think you're just afraid to say they are because of what they're doing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:26 pm

What does sexy and zack fail to grasp with understanding classifying ISIS as apostates?
I am not denying some condemn them
That is not what is being asked here and how it would help seperate extremism from islam.
Its like trying toi teach two children, who are more fixated on defending their faith than seeing the reason in my point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

And nor are they.

Yes they are. I think you're just afraid to say they are because of what they're doing.

No they are not.  The journalist who they held captive for 6 months, so he should know, says they are not.  Says they were high as kites on drugs, didn't have Q'ran between them.

As the lady on Question Time said, you can call yourself a zerbra but you won't get any stripes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Richard The Lionheart wrote:

Hilarious again
I have no concerns, the onl;y ones is where children are brainwashed and have no choice over their faith.
Again Zack, your feebl attempts and trying to goad an emotive response are childish and it shows how you lack any experince of love.
Yours is one that is with an imaginary being, called Allah.
Its also very one sided

The only emotion I want from you is love.

Take care buddy and watch that blood pressure. Watch: People don’t know the Bible from the Koran - Page 3 1785409493

But Zack, you fail to understand love.

Happy to share any love with you (except any sexual lol), but like I said you got all upset over me even saying we were friends.

It shows you need to grow up

take care

Last edited by Richard The Lionheart on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:29 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No they are not.  The journalist who they held captive for 6 months, so he should know, says they are not.  Says they were high as kites on drugs, didn't have Q'ran between them.

As the lady on Question Time said, you can call yourself a zerbra but you won't get any stripes.

So what? A Christian might not have a Bible - that doesn't mean they're not a Christian.

They are Muslims.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That's not an answer. If ISIS are not Muslims, does that mean the girls going off to join them are not Muslims either?

They are being groomed online. Many of them are victims and mistreated when they get there.

That's still not an answer. They are going off to join them because they're Muslims, right?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Drugs is not prohibited in Islam
Alcohol is
There is only an interprettaion which claims to say this means all drugs, which would then mean no Muslim could ever have any life saving drugs, smoke cigs etc.
hence its only alcohol that is banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next