NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox News

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fox News - Page 2 Empty Fox News

Post by Lurker on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fox News - Page 2 Fox_ne10

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Fox News - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News

Post by eddie on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:Same as the BBC over here Lurker!

That proves how far you are removed from reality Eddie.
Stop being a sheep and think for yourself, not what others sway you to believe.

So if I think like you, does that make me a better thinker?
Becaeunas far as I can see, anyone who doesn't think like you is an idiot or talks babble....or any other nastiness you can throw at them.
So let's all think like you.
Then you'll be happy. Finally.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:32 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

That proves how far you are removed from reality Eddie.
Stop being a sheep and think for yourself, not what others sway you to believe.

So if I think like you, does that make me a better thinker?
Becaeunas far as I can see, anyone who doesn't think like you is an idiot or talks babble....or any other nastiness you can throw at them.
So let's all think like you.
Then you'll be happy. Finally.

Not everyone is an idiot, you can certainly act the idiot Eddie, but you do have emotional intelligence.
The problem is when you make absurd claims as you have done on things you do not even understand.
You of all people should watch video 6, I posted today on the conspiracy theory Obama thread. Which goes on about the psychology of people like yourself who feel powerless, filled with anxiety and fear. Tommy reeks of fear in all of his posts, why he falls for so many conspiracies. If you claim to be open to everything, then I dare you to watch it. So you are very wrong in your assumptions and I have seen you gun for people you do not like and use very childish and under handed methods to do this. So spare me your sanctimonious hypocrisy.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:37 pm

@TM
why do you post video of a guy so dumb he couldn't pass high school?
Seriously?  
I have no idea who he is but he is pretty uneducated, asks really dumb question and generally seems to find really simple thing confusing.

the irony of the video KD commented on, the guy literally says in the first few seconds that he doesn't even know why he is racist (but clearly is) and doesn't understand the meaning of basic political terms.

If you wanted to associated with that level of ignorance why not just post that you are giving up, those videos literally are defeat. they are saying "look at this dumb ass loser he has the same dumb points as me".

They basically end the debate because you cant debate with that level of ignorance.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:45 pm

People do think for themselves dodge... that is why there are different opinions out there... and not just a world where all people think exactly like you!!!

Why do you spend so much time on debate forums to discuss different opinions but then get so angry when you find that people do actually have different opinions to your own and are intelligent enough to provide perfectly good and valid and well thought out reasons to hold their own different views...!?

It seems quite bizarre behaviour to me... or is It that you find that your own ideas are so put into doubt, and because you are so arrogant and have so much emotional investment in your ideas that you just find it too difficult to admit you night be wrong...!?

lol!

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:51 pm

Exactly.

That's why, if I don't agree with someone and we debate it out (usually politely in most cases), if we are never going to agree I just walk away (or forum equivalent)

I don't see the point of going round in circles
I'm also not arrogant enough, nor egotistical enough, to think that everyone should think like me.
Actually, I don't CARE enough, that not everyone thinks like me!!!

Some people are just rude when they think they're right and you're wrong; truth is, we all have opinions and sometimes there isn't a right or wrong.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:09 am

Quite agree Eddie...

You should have a look at those condell vids I posted on The fox news thread, much of which are about how 'progressive' lefties seem to think that their opinions and ideas are superior to others, and how others must be suppressed and controlled...

Pretty much like some of the other fascist and authoritarian dictatorial regimes in recent history...

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:17 am

This is what Fox News does:

REALITY

President Obama, in an interview about racism in the U.S.:

OBAMA: The legacy of slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination in almost every institution of our lives -- that casts a long shadow, and that's still part of our DNA that's passed on. We're not cured of it.

MARON: Racism.

OBAMA: Racism. We are not cured of --

MARON: Clearly.

OBAMA: And it's not just a matter of it not being polite to say nig*er in public. That's not the measure of whether racism still exists or not. It's not just a matter of overt discrimination. Societies don't overnight completely erase everything that happened two to 300 years prior.

FOXALITY

Fox News - Page 2 Foxn-word

REALITY

Dylann Roof: "The suspect confessed to authorities that his desire was to start a race war, according to CNN. His roommate spoke to the media saying Roof is "really into segregation and other stuff, adding "he wanted to start a civil war."

FOXALITY

Fox News - Page 2 Screen%20Shot%202015-06-19%20at%208.10.04%20AM-thumb-624x312-291703

REALITY

On the issue of South Carolina flying the Confederate flag:

Media Matters wrote:Clinton unequivocally told the Associated Press in 2007 that she would "like to see it removed from the Statehouse grounds," saying,"I think about how many South Carolinians have served in our military and who are serving today under our flag and I believe that we should have one flag that we all pay honor to, as I know that most people in South Carolina do every single day."

FOXALITY

Fox News - Page 2 Whats_Hillary_Hiding

– George Bernard Shaw
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:53 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Are you trying to patronize me by posting definitions of words...!?

patronize
ˈ
treat with an apparent kindness which betrays a feeling of superiority.

Is that how you feel ?
i am treating you kindly ...what would you prefer i treat you abusively and with contempt?
i can do that if you like not really my style............ unless provoked mind you Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:02 am

(UK usually patronise) to speak to or behave towards someone as if they are stupid or not important.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:08 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Are you trying to patronize me by posting definitions of words...!?

PROGRESSIVE
favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are

BY definition Progressive have ideas that are superior, that is LITERALLY the meaning of the word Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes making progress yes seeking progress is IMPROVEMENT, that is why you and the guy that seem to think it is an insult are morons, Yeah IF humanity decide to listen to dumb fucks like you then we would still be sitting in a fucking cave, By definition you are either in favor of progress or you are a waste of space that WILL eventually disappear do to obsolescence.

Well their you go Tommy If you understood the meaning of Word we might not have this problem like the guy in the videos the only problem is LACK OF EDUCATION and cowardice, to scared to change because people like he know he is deficient in every way, that he is being left behind because his is obsolete, he and people like him serve no purpose int he modern world they have no place in it and the fact that he has to change scares him because he know he is doomed to fail.

You and the guy in the video have no argument, have no valid points, just advertise your own cowardice an weakness in face of inevitable change.
YES your position of undeserved  luxury where you have not worked is gone yes the UK no longer is allowed to be a lazy shit stealing wealth from other YES you now have to work.  REALLY SICK of lazy ass Brits whining over the fact they have to work are centuries of being thieves.  You are not being Suppressed You are just not allowed to Suppress others any more and You are crying like a fucking baby because you are not allowed to treat other poorly, You are not even being treated poorly yourselves, YES that is Completely Pathetic and YES it is inevitable that Brits will need to evolve that trait out just like Aboriginals and Native Americans have had to, individuals that have not been able to adapt are DEAD no longer exist there kind wiped out through pressures of competition, adapt to change or accept your fate. Your mindset is no longer able to compete in the modern world those that think like you are doomed to extinction as you are patently inferior.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:13 am

Sadly 'progressive' means something different to the lefties... watch the vids and you will see...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:22 am

Umm TM the videos show that the man in the videos is to uneducated to know what the word progressive means

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/progressive
adjective
favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters:
a progressive mayor.
making progress toward better conditions; employing or advocating more enlightened or liberal ideas, new or experimental methods, etc.:
a progressive community.
characterized by such progress, or by continuous improvement.
(initial capital letter) of or relating to any of the Progressive parties in politics.
going forward or onward; passing successively from one member of a series to the next; proceeding step by step.

If you think being those things is an insult than I would suggest that you are the problem not people that are "characterized by such progress, or by continuous improvement"

I have seen the videos, yes you have rednecks in the UK that are just as dumb and comically uneducated deepest swamps of the southern USA.. That is all I took from the those videos.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:29 am

Tommy Monk wrote:(UK usually patronise) to speak to or behave towards someone as if they are stupid or not important.

Funny that your first 3 words in this could be construed as patronising you don`t see me throwing a wobbly over it. i guess some people tend to just look for offence Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:41 am

KD... whole quote came from the Cambridge dictionary so take it up with them...

Veya...

"...employing or advocating more enlightened or liberal ideas, new or experimental methods..."

Enlightened?

By who's judgement?

Liberal ideas?

By restricting freedoms and exerting tighter social controls, and going against the will of the majority will of the people in a democracy?

And 'employing experimental methods'...?

Because the Leftie progressives know best and we are just guinnee pigs for their social experiments...

This definition you posted actually mentions the type of 'progressive' leftie thinking and agenda I'm talking about.

And of course... while the lefties are implementing this 'progressive' agenda... they will be doing it bit by bit... PROGRESSIVELY!!!!

lol!

Watch the videos!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:48 am

Tommy Monk wrote:KD... whole quote came from the Cambridge dictionary so take it up with them...

Veya...

"...employing or advocating more enlightened or liberal ideas, new or experimental methods..."

Enlightened?

By who's judgement?

Liberal ideas?

By restricting freedoms and exerting tighter social controls, and going against the will of the majority will of the people in a democracy?

And 'employing experimental methods'...?

Because the Leftie progressives know best and we are just guinnee pigs for their social experiments...

This definition you posted actually mentions the type of 'progressive' leftie thinking and agenda I'm talking about.

And of course... while the lefties are implementing this 'progressive' agenda... they will be doing it bit by bit... PROGRESSIVELY!!!!

lol!

Watch the videos!!!

Tm mine came from an American spell checker on an American operating system
both spellings are legitimate especially in the global context

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:51 am

So what are you complaining about...!?

lol!

Seems any reason to have a dig and throw mud... same leftie tactics as we see over here...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:53 am

@TM
success
it is progressive because it is successful.
it doesn't even matter
Did the aboriginals get a choice? what happened to the Aboriginal guy that though like you and tried to keep things like they were?
You cut off his head an kept it in the British Museum
https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Yagan
Change is inevitable you either move with it or be crushed by it, it is merely evolution one must adapt to changes in their environment if they are to survive. and the environment where Brits get to be lazy racist stealing from others is GONE.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:55 am

@TM
i just checked

patronize verb [T] (TREAT BADLY)
› disapproving to treat others in a manner that shows you consider yourself to be better or more important than they are: She’s angry, smart, and not about to be patronized.

Also in the Cambridge dictionary

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/american-english/patronize

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:58 am

Tommy Monk wrote:So what are you complaining about...!?

lol!

Seems any reason to have a dig and throw mud... same leftie tactics as we see over here...
You talking to me ?
i am not complaining you where hence you pointed it out

really keep up tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:08 am

KD... try looking at the English definition from Cambridge here in the UK...

It is as I posted.

The first three words you picked on were from them.

And veya... give it a rest you twat...!

I didn't do anything... I've already told you that my ancestors were subjugated too historically so stop being racist and blaming all white British people for The actions of only some!!!

You don't like it when you think others are doing that do you...!?

So take a leaf out of your own moral code book...

And let's face it... you are now seeming to praise progress...!?

If it wasn't for white intervention in many places then the natives would still be sitting under a bush all day picking dingleberries out of each others arse holes...!!!

Maybe it is more that some of the lucky enlightened natives have taken the enrichment and knowledge and then by their own free choices and free will, then decided to fuck it up themselves!!!

You can take a horse to water... etc...

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:10 am

korban dallas wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:(UK usually patronise) to speak to or behave towards someone as if they are stupid or not important.

Funny that your first 3 words in this could be construed as patronising  you don`t see me throwing a wobbly over it. i guess  some people tend to just look for offence Rolling Eyes

This was you making a point of complaint was it Not...?

Maybe all that weed is causing short term memory loss problems...

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:14 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
Funny that your first 3 words in this could be construed as patronising  you don`t see me throwing a wobbly over it. i guess  some people tend to just look for offence Rolling Eyes

This was you making a point of complaint was it Not...?

Maybe all that weed is causing short term memory loss problems...

lol!

oh dear

as it happens i haven`t had any weed or hash for the past 3 months

and no it was a observation related to your previous comment  

observation
a remark, statement, or comment based on something one has seen, heard, or noticed.

really Tommy context not really your strong point is it

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:27 am

It was an observation followed by a complaint...

And As I said... whole quote was taken from the English Cambridge dictionary so take it up with them...

Either it's patronising to be posting dictionary definitions of words or it's not...!?

You have said it is not when you do it but thing it is when I do it...!!!???

Typical leftie double standards being shown again!!!

lol!

Really KD... consistency not really your strong point is It...!?

Laughing

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:29 am

@TM
you are as confused as Didge Suspect Suspect Suspect
what has happened has happened the right or wrong of it are irrelevant, only to improve on it in the future matters.

AND your ancestors fought to STOP justice and democracy so YES Anglo are to Blame Because you kept fighting for them YOU literally formed armies of redcoats to Fight AGAINST democracy for the masses, the British are the number one defenders of Aristocracy.  the UK need to accept that their ways must be removed as they are EVIL and they are fundamentally Wrong! You need to accept that YES history is going to be written truthfully now which means that British people will now take their place as the Evil group. No longer will those who "fought for democracy and the ending the monarchies" or those "oppressed by the British" be painted as in the wrong. Queen Victoria will take her rightful place as one of the most EVIL tyrants of the last Millennium, by her commands she is worse than Hitler she commanded the extermination of more peoples and cultures than Hitler.  

UK Culture IS the problem because it is a hypocrite that was happy to force progress on other but now that it is clearly backwards is has member like yourself crying about being made to progress.. So stop sitting in you archaic buildings with your obsolete industries and traditions picking dingle berries out of each other ass and PROGRESS like you made the Aboriginals.

traditional British Culture is like Sharia Law it has NO PLACE in a civilized nation

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:34 am

Tommy Monk wrote:It was an observation followed by a complaint...

And As I said... whole quote was taken from the English Cambridge dictionary so take it up with them...

Either it's patronising to be posting dictionary definitions of words or it's not...!?

You have said it is not when you do it but thing it is when I do it...!!!???

Typical leftie double standards being shown again!!!

lol!

complaint ? i in fact made no complaint and indeed pointed that out
No i pointed out your hypocrisy  complaining about patronising while being patronising and you did it again with the drugs reference
Context Tommy context

perhaps you could try an other tack this ones failing badly

ps you really have you knickers in a twist don`t you

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Veya...

You either believe this first part of your post...

"what has happened has happened the right or wrong of it are irrelevant, only to improve on it in the future matters."

Or you don't!?

If you want to give up everything that British enrichment has brought to you and your people... then I'm sure there are plenty of bushes about for you to go and sit under... and I'm even more sure that You still have some dingleberries to pick at!!!

lol!

And kd... I asked if you were being patronising by posting basic word definitions, you said no... then you complained about a dictionary quote I posted for being patronising...

While seeming to forget your previous posts and reinventing your arguments on different lines.

Hence my suggestion about short term memory loss...

As I said... it's a bit hypocritical to claim that it is Not patronising to post up basic word definitions and then claim it may be patronising of me to Do the same!!!

Consistency kd please... I know you lefties don't like this but please try... it is all within context...!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:42 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Veya...

You either believe this first part of your post...

"what has happened has happened the right or wrong of it are irrelevant, only to improve on it in the future matters."

Or you don't!?

If you want to give up everything that British enrichment has brought to you and your people... then I'm sure there are plenty of bushes about for you to go and sit under... and I'm even more sure that You still have some dingleberries to pick at!!!

lol!

And kd... I asked if you were being patronising by posting basic word definitions, you said no... then you complained about a dictionary quote I posted for being patronising...

While seeming to forget your previous posts and reinventing your arguments on different lines.

Hence my suggestion about short term memory loss...

As I said... it's a bit hypocritical to claim that it is Not patronising to post up basic word definitions and then claim it may be patronising of me to Do the same!!!

Consistency kd please... I know you lefties don't like this but please try... it is all within context...!!!

lol!
reinventing i have done no such thing the only person being inconsistent is you Tommy. you claim i was patronising because i posted a dictionary definition to illustrate the point about "a brave new world" being a parody of HG wells utopian novel and took that as patronising

the fact you are unable to understand the context or point of the post is your problem not mine the only hypocritical person is you  

you then proceeded to your self to patronise first with the spelling comment then with the memory loss comment when i pointed out your hypocrisy and double stranded

And that`s typical RW complain about something they them self`s do as a matter of course jeeze  and actually you use the term lefty as a patronising comment all the time  

and then complain when you perceive something that you feel patronised about the fact that you fail to see that is of no surprise you do seem to live in a very close minded world  
if you feel that you treated as stupid or unimportant that`s all on you and the apparent inferiority complex you seem to be suffering from

and lets face it as you said you may have got your books mixed up so who`s memory has a problem

you don`t even understand the context of the quote you used or how it relates to the book that you "say" you read 30 years ago (how old are you by the way ) i read the book in school for English 35 years ago as well as animal farm i remember it, in fact it made quite a impression

you say i complained about your comment that i pointed out could be construed as patronising. yet i did no such thing and made a point of saying that  its you throwing a wobbly over it as i pointed out not me and you continue to do so

ps did you know Aldus Huxley also took quite a lot of drugs especially mind altering ones

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:42 am

@TM
Fox News - Page 2 2396444674 Fox News - Page 2 2396444674 Fox News - Page 2 2396444674 Fox News - Page 2 2396444674
we have all that was good from British Culture already and the US improvements and now we have a NEW lot of improvements we have to 'give' to YOU!

it is the 'British Conquest of rape and pillage' and it did have some good things, much like the Rome empire that killed millions and enslave millions more.... but it did still bring roads etc.

And to Improve the Future we need to 'Fix' Britain and Europe Fox News - Page 2 859118666

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:59 am

Tommy Monk wrote:People do think for themselves dodge... that is why there are different opinions out there... and not just a world where all people think exactly like you!!!
Why do you spend so much time on debate forums to discuss different opinions but then get so angry when you find that people do actually have different opinions to your own and are intelligent enough to provide perfectly good and valid and well thought out reasons to hold their own different views...!?
It seems quite bizarre behaviour to me... or is It that you find that your own ideas are so put into doubt, and because you are so arrogant and have so much emotional investment in your ideas that you just find it too difficult to admit you night be wrong...!?

lol!

Irony at its best.
This coming from the person who replies telling people to "fuck off" to replies he does not like.
Calls it "bullshit". Where you use the most infantile derogative views of homosexuals, Asians, Muslims, Blacks etc and all because you promote a fear of them, which shows a view of you being powerless and that you follow an authoritarian party in UKIP? Yes Tommy Blooper I have you very much sussed out and my words ring true. You may not lie this but look at all the posters on here that are conspiracy theorists. The majority of you present fear arguments daily about immigration for example. You make the poorest arguments that are steeped in fear and when they are nasty and filled with hate, you expect people to be pleasant about your views. Sorry that shows how utterly clueless you and Eddie are. I have never had issue to admit when I am wrong and I am one of the few people that does, where you do not see this from people like yourself or others. But you look at the posters who have the most anxiety on here and they are all gullible to conspiracies. The fact that you and the likes of Eddie ignore is more frustration on my part that people can be so utterly gullible as you both are. Its more disappointment on my part that the pair of you are so easily led by others hence the view you are both sheep. You cannot think for yourselves and follows others who are just as scared shirtless as the pair of you. They have to find insane illogical reasoning to fit their bizarre views of the world. So if anything its more concern, but please spare me that you are pleasant about people giving opinions with the abusive views you have of people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Yawn...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:38 pm

I've only ever read or heard the word "patronise" spelled with an "S" as I've written it.
A lot of words seem to have changed or adapted though over the years.

eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Yes, and kd doesn't think it patronising to be posting basic word dictionary quotes up to me but then complains when I do the same...

Typical leftie double standards.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:52 pm

I think Eds that you should watch a bit of Fox news before actually comparing it to BBC. They are nothing alike in terms of bias- in fact BBC is incredibly fair compared with Fox, CNN and MSNBC but especially the ultra conservative Republican supporting Fox.

^Veya, sometimes you go overboard with the aggression at Britain. Aus were no saints, get over historical hates, you don't here us going on about the evils of Germany, Japan or France anymore...

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Les. all I know is, when I used to watch BBC news and then Channel four news, it was like watching two different versions of a story!

The BBC edit and cut all the words or they dampen down anyhing "controversial" or "government-led"
Channel four (although still a puppet) will not edit itself and is not afraid to say it how it is.

I'm not saying BBC is as bad as Fox News - I don't watch Fox so cannot really comment fairly tbh

eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Hmmm, thing is BBC is often accused of having a LW bias, but channel 4 is really more LW haha.

I suppose viewers pov matters a lot, but as I said if you watched MSNBC, CNN or Fox you'd see a massive bias from the latter- but compared to Sky, BBC and C4 the UK channels are straight down the middle compared with all those three US channels.

Are there any glaring examples of where the BBC reported something totally different to 4 or Sky you can think of?

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Yes, and kd doesn't think it patronising to be posting basic word dictionary quotes up to me but then complains when I do the same...

Typical leftie double standards.

yet you continue with this myth. typical RW spin
i did not complain as you keep saying thats just your  typical Tommy bullshit
say a lie long enough it becomes the truth maybe you did learn something from 1984 pity its the wrong thing

myth.

a story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Eilzel wrote:Hmmm, thing is BBC is often accused of having a LW bias, but channel 4 is really more LW haha.

I suppose viewers pov matters a lot, but as I said if you watched MSNBC, CNN or Fox you'd see a massive bias from the latter- but compared to Sky, BBC and C4 the UK channels are straight down the middle compared with all those three US channels.

Are there any glaring examples of where the BBC reported something totally different to 4 or Sky you can think of?

Yes but i can't really remember the whole thing - they did it a lot in the McCann case, whereby they would kind of half-report a story and it was very biased on the side of the mccanns. Same story on channel four and you'd get a different spin on it. Happened a lot, can't think of specifics at this point though sorry x

eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:55 pm

You started posting word definitions.

I asked if you were being patronising.

You said not patronising.

I posted a word definition.

You complained that you could take that as being patronising.

Clear for all to see so stop lying!!!

(Look up lying if you are not sure of meaning!)

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:You started posting word definitions.

I asked if you were being patronising.

You said not patronising.

I posted a word definition.

You complained that you could take that as being patronising.

Clear for all to see so stop lying!!!

(Look up lying if you are not sure of meaning!)

lol!

But i did not complain far from it your the RW  spin artist around hear and a liar to boot no wonder you get ridiculed so much you dont even know what you posted your so far gone you posted a spelling correction, talk about a poor memory you cant even get what you posted right

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:08 pm

It's clear for everyone to see on this thread if they care to read through it...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It's clear for everyone to see on this thread if they care to read through it...

Yep, its clear to me that Korben has read the books he has quoted from whilst you have not.
Clearly catching you out as he has done, has got you in a right little bother it seems
I would say patronizing was being kind in this instance as down right ridicule would have been far more appropriate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
   Are you trying to patronize me by posting definitions of words...!?

i then said
patronize
ˈ
treat with an apparent kindness which betrays a feeling of superiority.

Is that how you feel ?
i am treating you kindly ...what would you prefer i treat you abusively and with contempt?
i can do that if you like not really my style............ unless provoked mind you Twisted Evil

you then said

Tommy Monk wrote:
   (UK usually patronise) to speak to or behave towards someone as if they are stupid or not important.

i said
funny  your first 3 words in this could be construed as patronising you don`t see me throwing a wobbly over it. i guess some people tend to just look for offence Rolling Eyes

no complaint there in fact its a Observation

in fact you continue to throw a wobbly

observation
a statement based on something one has seen, heard, or noticed.

could
used to indicate possibility.

construed

interpret (a word or action) in a particular way.

i am guessing English not your first language ? (now that is patronising )

dyslexic i may be illiterate  i am not

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:42 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:It's clear for everyone to see on this thread if they care to read through it...

Yep, its clear to me that Korben has read the books he has quoted from whilst you have not.
Clearly catching you out as he has done, has got you in a right little bother it seems
I would say patronizing was being kind in this instance as down right ridicule would have been far more appropriate.
it does seem to me many RW (not all) have poor grammar and context skills

it is a peculiarly of some dyslexic people who are unable to spell certain word find substitutes to say the same thing and hence tend to have a better understanding of context and larger verbal vocabulary. obviously Tommy lacks the required understanding of both.......perhaps that`s why he so angry at the world and uses quotes from the internet that he does`t understand the context where originally presented in ......yes i know i have moved on to ridicule

ho hum

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:46 pm

So you say your posts of dictionary quotes are not patronising but You then quickly pointed out how my one could have been offensive...

You have even now highlighted the 'offensive' part... although it was not something I wrote as it was copied from the source in its entirety.

So either it is patronising to post basic word definitions to people or it is not...!?

So don't say it isn't when you do it but then say it was when I do it but you just chose not to take offence...

If you can't see how you are arguing that it is as well as isn't patronising with this argument then you are definately not being consistent and seem to view this whole thing in a totally bizarre context!!!

I read both books about 30 years ago.

Can't honestly expect me to remember every detail now can you...!?

And my sig quotes speak for themselves... don't know why you lefties don't like them... or maybe I do!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So you say your posts of dictionary quotes are not patronising but You then quickly pointed out how my one could have been offensive... No i said that it could be construed as patronising as i had previously posted the definition with a different spelling and because you do often  refer to my dyslexia i never claimed it was offensive

You have even now highlighted the 'offensive' part... although it was not something I wrote as it was copied from the source in its entirety.

i did not say it was offensive

So either it is patronising to post basic word definitions to people or it is not...!?
it was you who has been going on about it and subsequent word definitions where definitely meant to be patronising thats was the point after all you use the term lefty all the time as a patronising term yet i never brought that to your attention or cried about it as much as you have

So don't say it isn't when you do it but then say it was when I do it but you just chose not to take offence...

i also never said that i pointed to your post at the time to illustrate your hypocrisy, and to educate you about "A brave new world" written as a parody to HG wells another book you claim to have read and gotten allegedly confused with 1984 ? no mean feat by the way

certainly subsequent definitions where certainly meant to be patronising yet you use the word lefty all the time in almost every single post as a patronising term and now cry about being patronised to there's that hypocrisy again  

If you can't see how you are arguing that it is as well as isn't patronising with this argument then you are definitely not being consistent and seem to view this whole thing in a totally bizarre context!!!

And there you fail again on context the quote you used is about bigotry views as i pointed out and no i don`t expect you to remember every detail but the theme of the book well it would help in understanding the quote you so casually used .funny  you the patronised me about my memory yet i can remember the plot and theme of a book i read over 35 years ago you apparently not so much  hence got the context of the quote completely wrong

I read both books about 30 years ago.

yet i can remember the context and theme of the books  so who has memory problems  

Can't honestly expect me to remember every detail now can you...!?

i don`t remember every detail but i remember the  the underlying premise why? i just can and i read a lot  
like i remember every Stargate star trek  episode or science fiction story`s i have read  things i find interesting just stick that why i use a lot of science fiction reference's in my posts as most situations especially social ones have been explored in science fiction
as Isaac Asimov  said
individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

And my sig quotes speak for themselves... don't know why you lefties don't like them... or maybe I do!!!

i did not say i did not like them but they are actually when taken in the context they where made  opposite to you philosophy as i was pointing out in a way a kind of cognitive dissidence

lol!

but i tell you what Tommy nobody really cares to be honest i think most see you as a retrograde type unable to move forward in your philosophy stuck in the past and unwilling to move forward, blaming everybody especially blacks/Muslims the poor and of course leftys as a whole for the injustices and evil  in the world while refusing to acknowledge your part it ,instead choosing to blame everybody else , hence you use the term lefty so much in a patronising way ALL THE TIME ad infinitum as if it was some kind of sword of truth

yet we "leftys" are proud of the term hence you have never really been pulled up about it i personally could not give a monkeys fart i would rather be compassionate and help the less fortunate than me because as sure as apples grow on an apple tree the world will be more like us than you in the future that can bee seen in America this week your a dying breed
in fact that what star trek was all about hence the first black woman as a major star or the Russian ,Chinese and yes even a scot  

i don`t think i have ever called you a racist i could be wrong but you do lean that way that is evident from your posts maybe not fully  but these videos you post with that prick in them who is defiantly a racist and IMo poisons minds and perpetuates the hate and grows those feelings in people

you really need to stop postingg them and think for yourself then maybe then you will start to move forward

k

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Anyway i am off to bed so will answer any reply tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:44 pm

You said posting of basic word definition quotes was not patronising while then saying how my posting of one could be construed as such... and being patronising is most definately a form of offence by its very definition...!

lol!

I just posted the UK Cambridge definition as I felt it was more precise... the mention of The typically UK spelling was from the web definition itself and not something I had added... and I have never mentioned your (claimed problem of) dyslexia either here of anywhere else... mainly because it is Not something I have ever noticed or even known about... and not something that I would even try to use against you or anyone else for that matter, so I think you may be getting a bit carried away again...

And that can certainly be seen in the rest of your ranting post...!!!

If you are such an expert on The origin and context of my Sig quotes... then maybe you can show us some of the relevant surrounding text of the Orwell quote and what newton was going on about with the one of his I use...!?

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:01 am

Fox News - Page 2 Asw6waV

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:26 am

Fox News - Page 2 PuPm8Bb

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

told Fox News on Thursday that he had investigated Harvard University students and come the the “concerning” conclusion that they were “listening to what they are learning in class.”

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum