NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can we have a debate about Druids ?

+4
Ben Reilly
nicko
Lone Wolf
Eilzel
8 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

can we have a  debate about  Druids ? - Page 7 Empty can we have a debate about Druids ?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Christianity and islam Jewish God  is always being debated/abused so why not Druids ?

Last edited by Vicar of Dibley on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

can we have a  debate about  Druids ? - Page 7 Empty Re: can we have a debate about Druids ?

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:00 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:found this from an american site .

The Druids were Satanic to the core in their worship and pagan practices. Halloween is a Druid holiday that we in America have received from Satanic paganism. It was "baptized" so to speak, and accepted by the Roman Catholic church in the early A.D. 700's. Its name was changed into "All Hallow's Day" which means "All Saints Day." That's November 1st. And "Hallow's Eve," the evening before the "Hallow's Day," is October 31st or "Hallow'en, " Hallow evening," or "Halloween."

Celebrations of all kinds took place. In Ireland, carvings on pumpkins were made, and called Jack-O-Laterns. The legend was that a man named Jack had played practical jokes on the devil and bothered him, so the devil kept him out of heaven. Jack, therefore, had to live forever on earth carrying a lit lantern, warning people not to offend the devil. The lesson for little children: do not offend the devil.

yeah you want to know how you can tell instantly that that site is full of crap
"Satanic paganism" is an oxymoron, doesn't even make sense. Pagans by definition do not believe in Satan and God dynamic.
But again it is PAGAN not Druid, Pagan is Much much broader as it is literally the roman word for "peasant/country beliefs".
Druids were a specific institution that existed in Britannic Isles before the Roman conquests.

the festival it is based upon is Samhain(Irish) the harvest festival (called Sumar, in Norse and literally where we get the word Summer from)
Samhain is a Gaelic festival marking the end of the harvest season and the beginning of winter or the "darker half" of the year. It is celebrated from sunset on 31 October to sunset on 1 November, or about halfway between the autumn equinox and the winter solstice. It is one of the four Gaelic seasonal festivals, along with Imbolc, Beltane and Lughnasadh. Historically, it was widely observed throughout Ireland, and later the Isle of Man and Scotland. Kindred festivals were held at the same time of year in other Celtic lands; for example the Brythonic Calan Gaeaf (in Wales), Kalan Gwav (in Cornwall), and Kalan Goañv (in Brittany).
Samhain is mentioned in some of the earliest Irish literature and is known to have pre-Christian roots.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

can we have a  debate about  Druids ? - Page 7 Empty Re: can we have a debate about Druids ?

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:02 am

lol how are you right veya and me wrong ?

who is to say your information site isn't crap ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:03 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:so are there priests in Druidism and are they authorized to marry people such as a church vicar can ?
ummm..interesting...

bear in mind that a vicar in marrying is carrying out TWO roles....

one is the same as a civil registrar
the othere is as a celebrant

now an athiest can be a registrar (since that is purely a civil duty)

so ...IF a druid priest OR pristess wished to apply as a registrar, and then bless the marriage afterwards then yes

a druid priest/priestess can officially marry a couple

NOW
also

a couple can marry in a registry office wedding

and then get anyone they please to bless the marriage

so anyone can "bless" a marriage...without restriction....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:04 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:lol how are you right veya and me wrong ?

erm ...Dibs....satan didnt exist untill the abrahamists invented him

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:07 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:so are there priests in Druidism and are they authorized to marry people such as a church vicar can ?

I have no idea, i guess if they are ordained in to their religion that they can...

No, a Druid is a Priest. (there are actually multiple types of druid like you have different sorts of priests)

Marriage is easier in most pagan religions and generally controlled by the tribe/state (like we have today), but Druids could bless weddings.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:07 am

darknessss wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:found this from an american site .

The Druids were Satanic to the core in their worship and pagan practices. Halloween is a Druid holiday that we in America have received from Satanic paganism. It was "baptized" so to speak, and accepted by the Roman Catholic church in the early A.D. 700's. Its name was changed into "All Hallow's Day" which means "All Saints Day." That's November 1st. And "Hallow's Eve," the evening before the "Hallow's Day," is October 31st or "Hallow'en, " Hallow evening," or "Halloween."

Celebrations of all kinds took place. In Ireland, carvings on pumpkins were made, and called Jack-O-Laterns. The legend was that a man named Jack had played practical jokes on the devil and bothered him, so the devil kept him out of heaven. Jack, therefore, had to live forever on earth carrying a lit lantern, warning people not to offend the devil. The lesson for little children: do not offend the devil.

erm ...only one thing wrong with that dibs.......

the early druids had no concept of satan
satan is a purely abrahamic construct

also halloween has nothing to do with satan or anyother "evil being"

it is the day on which the druids beleived the "veil" between this and the otherworld is at its thinnest, and therfore the dead could possibly walk again (not always seen as a negative...since it meant therefore that the dead could be "consulted") In what was a belief system at least partly revoling round ancestor worship this was not of necessity a "bad" thing....one might be able for instance to pusuade old ucle leoric to reveal where he had buried his treasure Laughing

great stuff , i had to do my own research as nobody was giving any . So yeah that is great info

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:09 am

veya_victaous wrote:

I have no idea, i guess if they are ordained in to their religion that they can...

No, a Druid is a Priest. (there are actually multiple types of druid like you have different sorts of priests)

Marriage is easier in most pagan religions and generally controlled by the tribe/state (like we have today), but Druids could bless weddings.

good thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:12 am

I have been sat thinking

NOW HF annoys the f**k out of me
and Dibs is....well Dibs.....

BUT I have read again what she posted earlier .....I'm being a bit slow here

SO...I'm calling a truce...

becasue REGARDLESS of what has passed between others Its not nice to be in DIBs situation......

I shall "cease fire" as from now.....

becasue I am better than that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:12 am

darknessss wrote:

satan in the bible is a description it means adversary..

didn't they refer to a Lord of the dead though, the early druids..?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:16 am

darknessss wrote:

in a way yes, but he was not a "satanic " type figure...he was not of necessity "evil"

indeed most of the "gods" could be benificent or malevolant by turns....they were very "human" in character

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:17 am

darknessss wrote:I have been sat thinking

NOW HF annoys the f**k out of me
and Dibs is....well Dibs.....

BUT I have read again what she posted earlier .....I'm being a bit slow here

SO...I'm calling a truce...

becasue REGARDLESS of what has passed between others Its not nice to be in DIBs situation......

I shall "cease fire" as from now.....

becasue I am better than that

however peace can be made then i am all for it vic , nice one .

and i am genuinely interested in learning about druids , i actually thought the ladies dresses were like medieval because i love that fashion .

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:20 am

My mother is the chairperson of the local spiritualist church.
I have been exposed to this stuff my whole life Wink  
and have had an interest in the spiritual history for as long as i can remember.

plus i just posted it from wikipedia just then

Plus as victor said
"Satanic Pagan" is literally a DUMB statement that only someone that doesn't know what the word Pagan means could even suggest No No No  Pagans don't believe in Satan, they do not have a binary dynamic of good and bad so the whole statement is just illogical Wink

Regarding weddings from what I understand, yes basically. But it varies from tribe to tribe in many Celtic tribes it was simply that the Woman "Declared them married", keep in mind some like the Iceni, Famous for Boudicca, were somewhat matriarchal meaning that inheritance and leadership usually went through the women.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:21 am

darknessss wrote:

in a way yes, but he was not a "satanic " type figure...he was not of necessity "evil"

indeed most of the "gods" could be benificent or malevolant by turns....they were very "human" in character

yeah i have read rituals where the victim so to speak acts out the part of their god and is then killed, it seems to make the gods human... i guess it better explains the good and bad times, whether the god is happy or mad and then needs pacifying..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:22 am

Most classes of early druids were "nobility"

now the "frock" that HF refers to amusingly was actually common place clothing amongst the nobility of the time

a woolen one piece cover all ...belted at the waist and worn with trousers under....

warm and practical....in hot weather the trousers could be dispensed with....cool man....well...in parts anyway....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:23 am

veya_victaous wrote:

and have had an interest in the spiritual history for as long as i can remember.

Plus as victor said
"Satanic Pagan" is literally a DUMB statement that only someone that doesn't know what the word Pagan means could even suggest No No No  Pagans don't believe in Satan, they do not have a binary dynamic of good and bad so the whole statement is just illogical Wink

Regarding weddings from what I understand, yes basically. But it varies from tribe to tribe in many Celtic tribes it was simply that the Woman "Declared them married", keep in mind some like the Iceni, Famous for Boudicca, were somewhat matriarchal meaning that inheritance and leadership usually went through the women.

but is the spiritualist church druidic??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:25 am

darknessss wrote:Most classes of early druids were "nobility"

now the "frock" that HF refers to amusingly was actually common place clothing amongst the nobility of the time

a woolen one piece cover all ...belted at the waist and worn with trousers under....

warm and practical....in hot weather the trousers could be dispensed with....cool man....well...in parts anyway....

my apologies for the mocking, yes it makes sense that the clothes hark back to that time. Smile

cool is always good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:25 am

darknessss wrote:

yeah i have read rituals where the victim so to speak acts out the part of their god and is then killed, it seems to make the gods human... i guess it better explains the good and bad times, whether the god is happy or mad and then needs pacifying..

this theme of gods having "human like " characters with all the human foibles like jealousy drunkeness etc is common thoughout nearly ALL early pagan societies....

read up about the sumarians...OH...and if you get a chance read the epic of gilgamesh....its interesting from a "spiritual history" perspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:29 am

darknessss wrote:

this theme of gods having "human like " characters with all the human foibles like jealousy drunkeness etc is common thoughout nearly ALL early pagan societies....

read up about the sumarians...OH...and if you get a chance read the epic of gilgamesh....its interesting from a "spiritual history" perspective

thank you I will, I find it very interesting when so many stories actually run through so many different regions but always in a slightly different stylising, often seemingly to better suit it's on culture..

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:34 am

darknessss wrote:

As is Jehovah Wink Do you not believe that your god is the lord of death (and the lord of life and all things) ?

As Victor already said
Druid gods are not really comparable (like most pagan gods) as they are not binary, it is the same reason why Didge's argument fall flat against some of them as they never claim to be good, perfect and all powerful to begin with. they are more representations of the natural world, representing elements and seasons, offering luck in various specialties.

In Irish Druidism the primary death god is Morrigan and she is a Raven that cares more for the well being of ravens than men... so as carrion birds they benefit from death, she is just one that highlight the Multiple perspectives 'circle of life' idea, that bad for one is good for another cycle.
http://www.druidry.org/library/gods-goddesses/morrigan
can we have a  debate about  Druids ? - Page 7 Raven12
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:37 am

with the clothes you have to remember that they would have worn their "everyday " stuff since that alone marked them out as "nobles". When carrying out rituals and such they would have various ritual items they carried which would identify the "cellbrant"
A white woolen gown and robe would have been hideously expensive at the time....the lower orders made do with browns and greys, or wore linnen stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:40 am

so nothing like medieval dresses then , they are my favourite i have some everyday clothes styled like them only shorter .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:40 am

veya_victaous wrote:

As is Jehovah Wink  Do you not believe that your god is the lord of death (and the lord of life and all things) ?

As Victor already said
Druid gods are not really comparable (like most pagan gods) as they are not binary, it is the same reason why Didge's argument fall flat against some of them as they never claim to be good, perfect and all powerful to begin with. they are more representations of the natural world, representing elements and seasons, offering luck in various specialties.

In Irish Druidism the primary death god is Morrigan and she is a Raven that cares more for the well being of ravens than men... so as carrion birds they benefit from death, she is just one that highlight the Multiple perspectives 'circle of life' idea, that bad for one is good for another cycle.
http://www.druidry.org/library/gods-goddesses/morrigan
can we have a  debate about  Druids ? - Page 7 Raven12

I've never seen God as I know him as the Lord of death, to me he is the God of eternal life, i guess the enemy is more the lord of death..

I can see that it makes sense that a god be more human in ways and moods, it suits the good and bad things happening to its believers and the mood swings...

i thought most druids were interested in creation itself rather than creators...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:41 am

anyhows folks...I'm off to bed...

sleep well all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:42 am

darknessss wrote:anyhows folks...I'm off to bed...

sleep well all

night sleep well... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:43 am

night night

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:46 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Plus as victor said

it is all encompassing, it is mainly pagan, it will get 'druids types' but true druids can only exist in Europe and even then mainly the UK and Ireland. the vast majority of Pagans are neo-pagans that combine the multiple pantheons. Greek, Celtic, Norse, Egyptian and Aboriginal are just some of the gods that get represented there.
there are even Christian Spiritualists too.

they do everything from 'witch craft' to mediums and palm reading. they run a lot of courses and have speakers etc.

the only requirement is that you have to believe in souls but apart from that they are willing to let almost anyone hold a session. Wink

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:51 am

yikes, i think i will stick to worship at home .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:52 am

veya_victaous wrote:

it is all encompassing, it is mainly pagan, it will get 'druids types' but true druids can only exist in Europe and even then mainly the UK and Ireland.  the vast majority of Pagans are neo-pagans that combine the multiple pantheons. Greek, Celtic, Norse, Egyptian and Aboriginal are just some of the gods that get represented there.

they do everything from 'witch craft' to mediums and palm reading. they run a lot of courses and have speakers etc.

the only requirement is that you have to believe in souls but apart from that they are willing to let almost anyone hold a session.  Wink

well i learnt something, which is a red letter day.... Smile

i suppose if the spiritualist church is doing healings that would lean them towards druidic things or do druids bother as much with individuals as with the planet as a whole?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:56 am

veya_victaous wrote:

it is all encompassing, it is mainly pagan, it will get 'druids types' but true druids can only exist in Europe and even then mainly the UK and Ireland.  the vast majority of Pagans are neo-pagans that combine the multiple pantheons. Greek, Celtic, Norse, Egyptian and Aboriginal are just some of the gods that get represented there.

the only requirement is that you have to believe in souls but apart from that they are willing to let almost anyone hold a session.  Wink

i suppose if the spiritualist church is doing healings that would lean them towards druidic things or do druids bother as much with individuals as with the planet as a whole?

got to jump back in here

the druid healers would not have been "spiritualistic healers " they would have been skilled herbalists and they would have passed on some of the work to the village wise women
(witches by any other name)

and yes druids are concerned with the well being of the individual just as much as with creation (since the inndividual is PART of creation...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:58 am

Not that "ritual healing" wasnt also tried especially if the herbs didnt work......

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:05 am

I've never seen God as I know him as the Lord of death, to me he is the God of eternal life, i guess the enemy is more the lord of death..
Interesting perspective, I would say as lord of all things he is lord of death too, really as death is the path to heaven why would it not be controlled by him? but i think we view the world very differently.  Cool  Cool  Cool  

the statement of 'enemy' actually highlights everything I think is Wong with the Abrahamism world view, life and death are either side of the same coin one cannot exist without the other. and from science perspective they also say to a 'alive' something must die (plus be born, grow and reproduce).

I can see that it makes sense that a god be more human in ways and moods, it suits the good and bad things happening to its believers and the mood swings...

i thought most druids were interested in creation itself rather than creators...

Not sure about What Druids cared about, truth is that most of their stuff is lost forever to the Romans persecution. True British Druids are generally considered Extinct, they were one of mankind's more 'successful' genocides  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad
From what I have read of their stuff it seems very focused on the 'natural cycle of the world' there doesn't seem to be the as much focus on creation.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:14 am

veya_victaous wrote:

you would be surprised how open it is, Didge would literally deny that it is possible for religious people to exist like these one do. On open days there is Christian, Buddhist and various Pagan healers operating at the same time.... like i said if you believe in souls than they welcome your opinion/presence.

Also it is not really a place people go to worship as much to talk, exchange ideas and meet like minded people. Also there is not one group of presenters, they generally book out different ones every week.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:10 am

veya_victaous wrote:

you would be surprised how open it is, Didge would literally deny that it is possible for religious people to exist like these one do. On open days there is Christian, Buddhist and various Pagan healers operating at the same time....  like i said if you believe in souls than they welcome your opinion/presence.  

Also it is not really a place people go to worship as much to talk, exchange ideas and meet like minded people. Also there is not one group of presenters, they generally book out different ones every week.

Listen cretin, why are you bringing me up because you are a pathetic wet leftie?
I would not deny anything because I am not a cretin like you Veya
You and HF are a match made in heaven both daft pricks lol
You have no idea what I believe about people but yet again you attempt to start because your brains are positioned in your backside.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:05 am

I bring you up because you are the stereotype of the ignorant Atheist wanker, the sort of fool that think he knows things while making Dumb ass statements like "Science will prove itself wrong".

You already have Written Multiple times your dumb hate for all religion based on really bad stereotypes from Christianity.

Your right about one thing I don't know what you believe
Since you are too cowardly to ever post it, just a pathetic child that screams NO NO NO, never has any answers, just pathetic.

But I know enough about what you believe to know that it could be no more valid that Abrahamism, You do not even understand Science in the slightest, you copy and past and think it is relevant even though largely it is not.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:57 am

So now Veya the forum loon, now invents more bullshit because he is spoiling for a fight.
Sorry shove that pathetic excuse for a head you have up your own arse dickhead and you are now back on permanent ignore. Why is religious idiots such as yourself invent bullshit to argue from.
I do not hate all religions so instead you and other numpties who are scared of genuine criticism invent fake hatred. If hated discriminating ideas in religion makes me a hater, then than goodness that I am, because a clown like you would continue to allow such bad ideas all to pander to religious insensitivity.
Lie I say you do not have an intelligent thought in your mind as you are as thick as HF. Enjoy his company because he is also on ignore.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:11 am

Good hopefully I am on ignore
Your posts are crap, you do not debate you just tell people they are not answering your question when they clearly did several posts back... but they don't give the copy paste answer like you give so you cant cope.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:17 am

veya_victaous wrote:Good hopefully I am on ignore
Your posts are crap, you do not debate you just tell people they are not answering your question when they clearly did several posts back... but they don't give the copy paste answer like you give so you cant cope.

can we have a  debate about  Druids ? - Page 7 Z

I am not going to lose any sleep over a loon's opinion of me and how I debate, that is what you call a complete copout. Like I say enjoy the company of idiots, that is all you are good for and not any intellectual debate.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:41 am

actually that is what you call justified criticism.
yeah have you got me on ignore yet Cool Cool Cool Cool
someone is clearly a liar tongue tongue tongue tongue

and what is bullshit? you are the stereotype of the ignorant Atheist wanker.
You have said "Science will prove itself wrong".
And still, no answer for yourself and what you believe, you just attack others for what they believe. make you feel like a big boy does it? run along the beach smashing sandcastles you hero Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

No, you don't have criticism of my faith either. first you would have to understand it, next you would have to refute Plato and Einstein.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:09 am

I never thought that much about Druids always thinking that they were a bunch of people who met up in graveyards in the middle of the night dressed up in gowns dancing round graves whist making funny noises.

I was never that interested really so I suppose I'll be better informed after I have read this lot Laughing

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Man, talk about saying a mouthful!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:57 am

darknessss wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

turning the other cheek doesn't mean letting retards from Doncaster verbally abuse us .

ave bin owt and dun shopping fo kids yet retard lol! lol! lol! lol!

the fact you use that word as an insult shows your contempt for those poor souls who are in reality mentally damaged in some way....

sick doesnt begin to describe you......

Er ... you called me a retard the other day.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:23 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:the jesus you invented is not the Jesus of the bible that is quite obvious, e have been through this...

by the way did Jesus turns the money lenders tables over, did Jesus say you brood of vipers, did he say you of little faith or did he just turn the cheek each time, please tell me because I forget....

Jesus chastised sinners, and turned over the money-lenders' table -- himself. He told YOU to turn the other cheek.

Within Christian theology, and this is something you seem to have a hard time understanding, Jesus is God -- Christians are not. Christians are told to love their enemies, to give to the poor, to treat everyone well and to leave vengeance to God.

Are you suggesting that it's fine for the atheists and pagans to be abusive on this forum? I do wish you wouldn't use religious faith as a stick to beat people with. I hope you're not going to sit there telling HF or VOD to turn the other cheek if someone is vile to them on here, whist completely ignoring or even condoning the vile comments on the grounds that the people making them are athiests or pagans.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:30 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Jesus chastised sinners, and turned over the money-lenders' table -- himself. He told YOU to turn the other cheek.

Within Christian theology, and this is something you seem to have a hard time understanding, Jesus is God -- Christians are not. Christians are told to love their enemies, to give to the poor, to treat everyone well and to leave vengeance to God.

Are you suggesting that it's fine for the atheists and pagans to be abusive on this forum? I do wish you wouldn't use religious faith as a stick to beat people with. I hope you're not going to sit there telling HF or VOD to turn the other cheek if someone is vile to them on here, whist completely ignoring or even condoning the vile comments on the grounds that the people making them are athiests or pagans.

No abuse is ever right from anyone, which includes yourself and me.
The point being made is they certainly do not act Christian.

Also:

If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.

If posters claim to be something then it stands to reason they will be questioned on how they act according to their faith.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:34 am

Ben, if someone is going to throw HF's faith in his face and start quoting the Bible at him every time he says something they don't like, this forum will become a blood bath. It's already way too obsessive about religion, particularly Christianity. Do you really want to see that?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:38 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Ben, if someone is going to throw HF's faith in his face and start quoting the Bible at him every time he says something they don't like, this forum will become a blood bath. It's already way too obsessive about religion, particularly Christianity. Do you really want to see that?

Not when that poster constantly uses the bible to justify his bigotry like for example with homosexuality.
Again religions are not free from criticism and even more so when they use their faith to justify discrimination. Then everyone has a right to question their Christian morality and ethics. All you are doing is trying to censor genuine criticism of Christianity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:03 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Ben i know you're an atheist and you're a really horrible hated atheist .
Another relative of mine died today and i feel really crap . I come on here to try and take my mind off my grief because in the past month four relatives have died now .

I have been abused on here by Christian haters and only a few people have noticed .

I know my husband retaliates but he is a good man and you don't know him, you only know him from here and you only ever pick on negative threads or posts which he is on . You really don't know him .

Maybe i shouldn't be here because all this negativity probably isn't good for someone who will be going to a fourth funeral in a month.

Sorry to hear that VOD.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:23 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Also:

If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.

If posters claim to be something then it stands to reason they will be questioned on how they act according to their faith.

No they just don't act how you think Christians should act ,there is a huge difference .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:25 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:Ben i know you're an atheist and you're a really horrible hated atheist .
Another relative of mine died today and i feel really crap . I come on here to try and take my mind off my grief because in the past month four relatives have died now .

I have been abused on here by Christian haters and only a few people have noticed .

I know my husband retaliates but he is a good man and you don't know him, you only know him from here and you only ever pick on negative threads or posts which he is on . You really don't know him .

Maybe i shouldn't be here because all this negativity probably isn't good for someone who will be going to a fourth funeral in a month.

Sorry to hear that VOD.

Morning Raggs, thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:27 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Also:

No they just don't act how you think Christians should act ,there is a huge difference .

I beg to differ, as my family are Christian and act Christian in every aspect of their lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:28 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Ben, if someone is going to throw HF's faith in his face and start quoting the Bible at him every time he says something they don't like, this forum will become a blood bath. It's already way too obsessive about religion, particularly Christianity. Do you really want to see that?

Not when that poster constantly uses the bible to justify his bigotry like for example with homosexuality.
Again religions are not free from criticism and even more so when they use their faith to justify discrimination. Then everyone has a right to question their Christian morality and ethics. All you are doing is trying to censor genuine criticism of Christianity.

I could understand that if Christianity itself did not criticize homosexuality , if it does which it clearly does i am not misrepresenting i am clearly standing up for Christianity .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next