NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please congratulate our newest moderator, eddie

+13
Fred Moletrousers
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Stooo
Raggamuffin
Fluffyx
nicko
Lone Wolf
Cass
Eilzel
SEXY MAMA
eddie
Ben Reilly
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Please congratulate our newest moderator, eddie - Page 2 Empty Please congratulate our newest moderator, eddie

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

She's going to give it a shot! I think she'll be a great addition to the admin team. I'll be getting her set up with her new and intoxicating powers within the next hour or so.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Please congratulate our newest moderator, eddie - Page 2 Empty Re: Please congratulate our newest moderator, eddie

Post by eddie Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:I bet she changes with all that power.

All hail Eddie - grand administrator of my cyber universe.

Hope she admins better than she paints. :-p

Well,I can't do any worse!!  Sad 

I'm working on a new one Zack, with cows hahahaha
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Please congratulate our newest moderator, eddie - Page 2 Empty Re: Please congratulate our newest moderator, eddie

Post by eddie Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:25 pm

LITTLE MISS PERFECT wrote:yep eddie is a good choice, the best in my opinion . always fair and level headed .

well done edds xx

vod

Thanks Vod hope,you and family are well xxx
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Nems wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Eddie is far more deserving than any of Dave's glamour girls.

I bet Ben won't pay her as much though....

Not now she has admitted to cheap whisky and cheap cookies!

cheers cheap date!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
eddie wrote:

Thanks mr trousers x

I have some painting to be done.....let me know when.....  cheers 

Just kidding about the painting. Love to see your work.

I don't know about Eddie, but my talents are confined to barn walls and not sistene chapels...
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
eddie wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:I bet she changes with all that power.

All hail Eddie - grand administrator of my cyber universe.

Hope she admins better than she paints. :-p

Well,I can't do any worse!!  Sad 

I'm working  on a new one Zack, with cows hahahaha

I'm detecting a farm animal fetish.  Smile 

Cows eh? Definitely more challenging than sheep. Good luck.

Hmm yes....wish I'd gone for pigs  pig 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:34 pm

eddie wrote:
LITTLE MISS PERFECT wrote:yep eddie is a good choice, the best in my opinion . always fair and level headed .

well done edds xx

vod

yes all well thanks edds . Hope you and yours are well too especially your mum recovering xx

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:44 pm

LITTLE MISS PERFECT wrote:
eddie wrote:

well done edds xx

vod

yes all well thanks edds . Hope you and yours are well too especially your mum recovering xx

She's getting there Vod how about your parents? X
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
eddie wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

I'm detecting a farm animal fetish.  Smile 

Cows eh? Definitely more challenging than sheep. Good luck.

Hmm yes....wish I'd gone  for pigs  pig 

I'd use a picture for reference and keep it small (or deeper in the landscape).

Zack I'm just about painting with my fingers - keep it simple please  Sad 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:47 pm

Yayyy Congratulations Edds  bounce 

harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:01 pm

harvesmom wrote:Yayyy Congratulations Edds  bounce 

Hahahah you got online then? Did you steal your neighbours password?  Suspect 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:02 pm

harvesmom wrote:Yayyy Congratulations Edds  bounce 

You made it!
Hellooo

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Yes, bloody Virgin have screwed my new Super Dooper mega fast super hub up well and proper, can't get internet access till the engineer comes Thursday am so my neighbour has given me his password for his wifi thingy  Rolling Eyes I was about to have a panic attack with no internet!!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:06 pm

harvesmom wrote:Yes, bloody Virgin have screwed my new Super Dooper mega fast super hub up well and proper, can't get internet access till the engineer comes Thursday am so my neighbour has given me his password for his wifi thingy  Rolling Eyes I was about to have a panic attack with no internet!!

Virgin are shite! Same thing happened to me!  Evil or Very Mad 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:08 pm

eddie wrote:
harvesmom wrote:Yes, bloody Virgin have screwed my new Super Dooper mega fast super hub up well and proper, can't get internet access till the engineer comes Thursday am so my neighbour has given me his password for his wifi thingy  Rolling Eyes I was about to have a panic attack with no internet!!

I don't understand why they can't fix it remotely, they are waffling on about having the wrong MAC code their end and even my old equipment wont work now. Or my Telly!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Imbeciles.

Shall i IT it for you?  Cool 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:32 pm

eddie wrote:Imbeciles.

NO!!!!!!!!!! no no no no its fine honest......
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:35 am

harvesmom wrote:
eddie wrote:Imbeciles.

NO!!!!!!!!!! no no no no its fine honest......

:aspffftas: 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:26 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
eddie wrote:

Thanks mr trousers x

I have some painting to be done.....let me know when.....  cheers 

Mine is built in.

Er, I suggest that Lone Wolf and Jaded Fox both have better brushes than I.....

Please congratulate our newest moderator, eddie - Page 2 A3
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:30 am

jaded fox wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Mine is built in.

Er, I suggest that Lone Wolf and Jaded Fox both have better brushes than I.....

Please congratulate our newest moderator, eddie - Page 2 A3

Looks brilliant Jaded
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:37 am

harvesmom wrote:
eddie wrote:

I don't understand why they can't fix it remotely, they are waffling on about having the wrong MAC code their end and even my old equipment wont work now. Or my Telly!
Migration Authorisation Code( MAC)  i take it you have just changed to virgin ?from another supplier

Or do you mean MAC addresses
these are used as a network address for most IEEE 802 networks and are hard coded in to the equipment

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:07 pm

Korben_Dallas wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

Migration Authorisation Code( MAC)  i take it you have just changed to virgin ?from another supplier

these are used as a network address for most IEEE 802 networks and are hard coded in to the equipment

No I have been with Virgin for years, had some really old equipment, I joined them before they started giving away the Hubs so I had a webstar box and a separate Belkin router.

I finally agreed to pay the £25 quid (that new customers don't have to pay) to upgrade to a Superhub 2, and yesterday afternoon I plugged it in, they tried for hours to activate it but the MAC code on the bottom of my hub doesn't match the one they have on their system. And they did something their end so my old boxes wont work now either. That probably makes a lot more sense to you than it does to me! I have no idea what they've done tbh.

The TV is because I ordered a Tivo box at the same time to replace my virgin box, and they can't get that to work either!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:21 pm

harvesmom wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:

No I have been with Virgin for years, had some really old equipment, I joined them before they started giving away the Hubs so I had a webstar box and a separate Belkin router.

I finally agreed to pay the £25 quid (that new customers don't have to pay) to upgrade to a Superhub 2, and yesterday afternoon I plugged it in, they tried for hours to activate it but the MAC code on the bottom of my hub doesn't match the one they have on their system. And they did something their end so my old boxes wont work now either. That probably makes a lot more sense to you than it does to me! I have no idea what they've done tbh.

The TV is because I ordered a Tivo box at the same time to replace my virgin box, and they can't get that to work either!
Ok, that makes sense
He may have told you MAC code, but what he meant was MAC address
One of the security features is to only allow devices with the correct hardware id access to their network

When they receive devices from the manufacture they are also given a list of those devices MAC addresses that they enter into their database when you log on your device MAC  address is checked against that database and if its not registered the server won't allow you a connection

This is why routers are not generally not  interchangeable across isp`s
ie A sky router won`t work on a virgin or any other isp
All they have to do is enter your device ID (MAC address) in their data base and that should have taken a day at the very most

ps your old device MAc code was properly deleted/updated as you had been issued with a new router and that's why your old one doesn`t work

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Korben_Dallas wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

Ok, that makes sense
One of the security features is to only allow devices with the correct hardware id access to their network

When they receive devices from the manufacture they are also given a list of those devices MAC addresses that they enter into their database when you log on your device MAC  address is checked against that database and if its not registered the server won't allow you a connection

All they have to do is enter your device ID (MAC address) in their data base and that should have taken a day at the very most

ps your old device MAc code was properly deleted/updated  as you had been issued with a new router and that's why your old one doesn`t work

That's what I didn't understand, the man on the phone said he was trying to do this but it wasn't accepting it. I don't see why I have to wait for an Engineer to come out to fix it, I have a feeling all he will do is bring a new router and start again, but still! Edds said the same thing happened to her as well.

Good job my neighbour is on Virgin too, he kindly gave me his passcode to use his for a day or so.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:55 pm

harvesmom wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:
Ok, that makes sense

ps your old device MAc code was properly deleted/updated  as you had been issued with a new router and that's why your old one doesn`t work

That's what I didn't understand, the man on the phone said he was trying to do this but it wasn't accepting it. I don't see why I have to wait for an Engineer to come out to fix it, I have a feeling all he will do is bring a new router and start again, but still! Edds said the same thing happened to her as well.

Good job my neighbour is on Virgin too, he kindly gave me his passcode to use his for a day or so.
The SuperHub has suffered from a multitude of problems since its release earlier this year (Broadband Speed Problems with New Superhub Routers). Multiple firmware updates have since been released to tackle the issues and i suspect there in lies your problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Korben_Dallas wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

The SuperHub has suffered from a multitude of problems since its release earlier this year (Broadband Speed Problems with New Superhub Routers). Multiple firmware updates have since been released to tackle the issues and i suspect there in lies your problem

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/2011/09/14/virgin-media-uk-moves-to-fix-superhub-broadband-speed-woes-via-r30-upgrade.html

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:15 pm

My internet is shit! Despite paying for the fastest speed and having the very newest hub etc etc

Virgin keep waffling on and making us do all those of crap but won't actually come out and look at it?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Virgin are awful.

I and many others who lived in the Mess were p1ssed around so much - over-billed, poor service etc by them.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:19 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Virgin are awful.

I and many others who lived in the Mess were p1ssed around so much - over-billed, poor service etc by them.

They have us over a barrel tbh as in our area they offer the best service for satellite signal
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:56 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:She's going to give it a shot! I think she'll be a great addition to the admin team. I'll be getting her set up with her new and intoxicating powers within the next hour or so.

Just figured it out that three years and 355 days after this post, eddie and I would be getting married!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:03 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:She's going to give it a shot! I think she'll be a great addition to the admin team. I'll be getting her set up with her new and intoxicating powers within the next hour or so.

Just figured it out that three years and 355 days after this post, eddie and I would be getting married!

Yeah....we shoulda run like bugger! affraid
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2