NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photographer Captures Amazing Shot Of Ship In Front Of Iceberg

+2
eddie
Original Quill
6 posters

Go down

Photographer Captures Amazing Shot Of Ship In Front Of Iceberg Empty Photographer Captures Amazing Shot Of Ship In Front Of Iceberg

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:34 pm

Shutter described his experience in Greenland as the "greatest adventure ever".
"Greenland. Guaranteed to blow your mind. And then some," the London-born photographer wrote on Instagram. "I have just returned from what can only be described as my greatest adventure ever. Ever. Wonder after wonder."
Shutter posted a few more photos from his trip on Instagram and his website, JoeShutter.com.

Photographer Captures Amazing Shot Of Ship In Front Of Iceberg Ous43-ship-iceberg-1
Credit: Joe Shutter / JoeShutter.com

Photographer Captures Amazing Shot Of Ship In Front Of Iceberg Pi6d1-ship-iceberg-3

Photographer Captures Amazing Shot Of Ship In Front Of Iceberg Co9w4-ship-iceberg-2

Photographer Captures Amazing Shot Of Ship In Front Of Iceberg 0ibfi-ship-iceberg-4

The good news? Shutter says "there's much more coming up, so stay tuned for an array of Arctic gems."
So you might want to follow Joe on Instagram.

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/2995/Photographer-Captures-Amazing-Shot-Of-Ship-In-Front-Of-Iceberg

Back to top Go down

Photographer Captures Amazing Shot Of Ship In Front Of Iceberg Empty Re: Photographer Captures Amazing Shot Of Ship In Front Of Iceberg

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:00 pm

What's amazing is how he captures the magnitude of the icebergs below the waterline. He must use a drone to take those shots.

You're right...fantastic.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Photographer Captures Amazing Shot Of Ship In Front Of Iceberg Empty Re: Photographer Captures Amazing Shot Of Ship In Front Of Iceberg

Post by eddie Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:15 pm

Wow. Breathtaking photography!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:12 am

What a Face

I thought it was winter in the northern hemisphere...

Icebergs in winter ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:23 am

'Wolfie wrote:What a Face

Icebergs in winter  ?

Icebergs in Greenland are a year-long event, are they not? Anyway, this has been the hottest winter in decades. Here, I heard this is going to go down as the hottest, driest February on record.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:15 am

There is currently more sea ice in the Arctic than there has been for last few years compared to data for February going back to around 2012...

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/files/1999/02/Figure2a-1.png
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:51 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

There is currently more sea ice in the Arctic than there has been for last few years compared to data for February going back to around 2012...

That's seasonal ice. The actual concern is that the ice that has been there for thousands of years without melting is now melting, quite quickly.

Also, this is just a thread about a breathtaking photo, so let's not derail it, shall we?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:37 am

Tommy, you’ve taken a thread about a beautiful thread about a beautiful photograph and made it into something else.

You and Quill are very similar.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:06 am

Original Quill wrote:
'Wolfie wrote:What a Face

Icebergs in winter  ?

Icebergs in Greenland are a year-long event, are they not?  Anyway, this has been the hottest winter in decades.  Here, I heard this is going to go down as the hottest, driest February on record.

Arrow

In the O/P, it says that the photographer had "just returned" from Greenland -- to me that would suggest only in the last few weeks...

I would expect there to be increasing 'calving' of icebergs, and more breakaway ice floes, as the north moves into spring and summer..

Meanwhile, Antarctica has already experienced it's two warmest days on record only a couple of weeks ago -- 18.5°C one day, then 20°C a couple of days later.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:01 pm

Eddie... Flea keeper and Quim started it... I
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:35 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

That's seasonal ice. The actual concern is that the ice that has been there for thousands of years without melting is now melting, quite quickly.

Also, this is just a thread about a breathtaking photo, so let's not derail it, shall we?

I guess we're just supposed to say our oohhs and ahhhas, then move along the queue so others can see.  NO TALKING, please.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:29 pm

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down