NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labour leadership: Up to 40 MPs 'considering quitting' party if Rebecca Long-Bailey wins race

4 posters

Go down

Labour leadership: Up to 40 MPs 'considering quitting' party if Rebecca Long-Bailey wins race Empty Labour leadership: Up to 40 MPs 'considering quitting' party if Rebecca Long-Bailey wins race

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:58 am

Labour leadership contender Rebecca Long-Bailey could face a walk out by dozens of MPs if she wins the race to succeed Jeremy Corbyn.

Up to 40 MPs are understood to be considering their futures in the party if Ms Long-Bailey is named as the next leader, which could see some sit as independents or some leave politics.

Ms Long-Bailey, the shadow business secretary, is one of the favourites to win the leadership contest, with her shadow cabinet colleague Sir Keir Starmer emerging as her main rival.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-leadership-rebecca-long-bailey-election-corbyn-keir-starmer-a9326391.html

No surprise there really, when she is a Corbyn Drone and Labour would be much of the same

Labour continue to spiral into oblivion

Back to top Go down

Labour leadership: Up to 40 MPs 'considering quitting' party if Rebecca Long-Bailey wins race Empty Re: Labour leadership: Up to 40 MPs 'considering quitting' party if Rebecca Long-Bailey wins race

Post by Eilzel Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:11 am

I really hope RLB doesn't make it as leader, and personally hope for a Keir Starmer win.

BUT, I'd be far happier with people holding the actual government to account, since their actions are what actually affect our lives, than continuing to analyse the internal battles of the Labour party.

Ultimately, if BoJo and his crew of sycophantic panto MPs actually improve our country, then they'll win in 2024 regardless of who leads Labour. And if the country is fucked in 2024, then Labour will more than likely win regardless.

Of course, while their online and media volunteers continue to smear the currently irrelevant opposition, it takes the heat off what is already looking to be a bumbling shambles of a government.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Labour leadership: Up to 40 MPs 'considering quitting' party if Rebecca Long-Bailey wins race Empty Re: Labour leadership: Up to 40 MPs 'considering quitting' party if Rebecca Long-Bailey wins race

Post by nicko Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:52 pm

They don't want smearing, they want eliminating !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:05 pm

nicko wrote: They don't want smearing, they want eliminating !

Ah, so you want a one-party state. You could try China!
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:31 pm

A decent opposition would do... Just not the treacherous anti British anti white racist loony left Labour party...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:42 pm

I didn't say that Les, I was referring to the Labour Party as is. I would welcome a decent opposition free from Marxist style Government. Any idea's ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:09 am

nicko wrote: I didn't say that Les, I was referring to the Labour Party as is. I would welcome a decent opposition free from Marxist style Government. Any idea's ?

Yes, the Labour party. You don't know what Marxism is, read a book on it.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:39 am

Laughing

The way that we see the likes of flicko, Tommy, Dodge and Fatdog throwing the term "Marxist" around so freely and loosely on here...

They seem to be using it to simply label anybody to the left of Ghenghis Khan.. They simply aren't interested in actual meanings.

Much the same way that many "lefties" refer to anyone directly to the right from flicko and Tommy as "fascist" (one only has to see those two defending the EDL and BNP..).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:07 am

I have never "defended" the EDL or the BNP you stupid lying idiot. You are a complete Tosspot and a stranger to the truth !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:23 pm

So Sir Kier  Starmer has taken over the helm, immediately apologised for Labour's anti semitism, has agreed to work with Johnson and other parties.

All gone rather under the political and news radar. Which may suit him.
Labour, it seems may be back on track to eventually becoming an electable  party.
When it  comes to PMQ's,  Johnson will not be as dominating as he was with Cornyn.
Starmer is a fluent, articulate and authoritative debater, well versed in court speaking and is a forensic interrogator.
I suspect Starmer will bide his time, select a new, fresh young cabinet with a few old hands around him as well, and will not produce much in the way of long term policy and strategy  until the coronavirus threat has subsided.
By co- operating with Johnson, Starmer will be seen as a moderate,  willing to compromise and will be more respected by the public for doing just that.
Long term, I just cannot see Johnson sticking around. The job has suddenly taken on immeasurable and almost insurmountable problems.
He looked out of his depth before the virus, he looks too indecisive and prone to over reliance on his spin doctors and advisors at a time where strong and positive leadership is required.
From an economy and budget that promised the world, the harsh and stark reality is austerity and depression like we haven't seen since the 1920's and 30's.
Contracting the illness won't help, he has caught a big dose, after 10 days he still looks dreadful, and speaking from experience, it will take him many weeks, if not months to return to full fitness.
He has a serious, if inexperienced contender in Sunak waiting to pounce on his job..There are few other candidates, Hunt, Gove, IDS and Ress-Mogg are no longer credible contenders.
Fascinating times lie ahead after this shit dies down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down