NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poppy day.

5 posters

Go down

Poppy day. Empty Poppy day.

Post by nicko Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:11 am

Quill, do you have a Remembrance Day where you are, ? If so, I bet you ignore it,

Am I wrong ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Poppy day. Empty Re: Poppy day.

Post by Vintage Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:49 pm

Watched the Festival of Remembrance last night very moving as always.
I wish they'd have some decent guest singers though, who will just sing
some lovely and well loved songs without trying to embellish or put their own ideas on to it, keep it simple like the Chelsea Pensioner, can't abide the current hold a note for half an hour (screeching) fashion we have now. Was there something wrong with Lee Meads mike?.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:30 pm

nicko wrote:Quill, do you have a Remembrance Day where you are, ? If so, I bet you ignore it,

Am I wrong ?

No, Remembrance Day is not much here, anymore. When I lived there I was surprised how that tradition is still alive and kicking. But, tho I remember it from when I was young, the poppies are mostly gone.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Vintage wrote:Watched the Festival of Remembrance last night very moving as always.
I wish they'd have some decent guest singers though, who will just sing
some lovely and well loved songs without trying to embellish or put their own ideas on to it, keep it simple like the Chelsea Pensioner, can't  abide the current hold a note for half an hour (screeching) fashion we have now. Was there something wrong with Lee Meads mike?.

My partner and I were actually at the Royal Albert Hall festival last year and also three years ago.

When the families of fallen servicemen and women walk in; when the Chelsea Pensioners march in to the tune "Boys of the Old Brigade" and at the very end of the Act of Remembrance when the poppies fall from the ceiling during the Two Minute Silence the number of people in the audience who are unashamedly in tears is quite remarkable.

I know I always have been.  

We watched on TV last night because, sadly, her mobility problem means that she can no longer accompany me as a Royal British Legion officeholder, so we watched it on TV. We both reached the conclusion that Lee was very, very nervous at the start of his contribution but he recovered magnificently in our opinion.

The occasion is, I can assure you, emotionally overwhelming. Even the Queen cried last night apparently.

So far as "modernisation", I think the event really has to move with the times if we are to hold the continued interest and support for Remembrance of the younger generation. The Royal British Legion is well aware of this... and I always give the BBC full credit for the sheer professionalism of the production side of the event.

Full marks all round...and although it galls for me as ex RAF to say it, those Royal Marines bandsmen were supremely magificent.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm sure it is very emotional, I get bad enough watching it on tv. It must be a wonderful experience to actually experience it at the Albert Hall.
I have watched it every year from a small child.
I know we have to keep the younger generations interested and I too think BBC do a grand job organising it all.
I suppose I'm just an old fuddy duddy, I just like a song to be sung naturally, without the wailing, thinking Leona Lewis in particular.
Same with National anthems when they are made 'more interesting'

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:17 am

Aaron Bastani hated this clip going viral so much, Novara wrongly copyright flagged it, so I'm sure he won't mind you all sharing it now it's been cleared.

"Fuck off the Invictus games"
The poppy appeal is "Racist, it's white supremacist."
"Close down the British Legion"
-Aaron

https://twitter.com/AlastairJT/status/1082952532983533568

Another of of Corbyn's cronies. Video on link

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:39 am

You can always depend on Dodge to hijack a solemn and respectful thread on the fallen into yet another Corbyn smear.
It's  a morbid obsession.

Had I posted an anti Boris link onto this thread, Nick, Fred and Vic would have come down on me , quite rightly, like a ton of bricks.
There are other threads for your obsessive smears, not here.
You are an abhorrent little runt, Dodge.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:06 pm

SDo let me get this straight. Andy is angered of me highlighting the awful abusive comments of a known leftist journalist who is another Corbyn Cronie. Not angered at the vile comments by Aaron.

Simple wow

The thread had Nicko ask Quill a question on remberance. So even there you are lying and trying to deflect from the Far leftist journalist to make the most poorest attempts to attack me

Nobody is buying your faux outrage Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:53 pm

Andy wrote:You can always depend on Dodge to hijack a solemn and respectful thread on the fallen into yet another Corbyn smear.
It's  a morbid obsession.

Had I posted an anti Boris link onto this thread, Nick, Fred and Vic would have come down on me , quite rightly, like a ton of bricks.
There are other threads for your obsessive smears, not here.
You are an abhorrent little runt, Dodge.

How the fuck you, of all people, can say that with a straight face is utterly puke-inducing.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down