NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sperm Bank Under Fire After Lady Gives Birth To Boy With Dwarfism

5 posters

Go down

Sperm Bank Under Fire After Lady Gives Birth To Boy With Dwarfism Empty Sperm Bank Under Fire After Lady Gives Birth To Boy With Dwarfism

Post by eddie Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:38 pm

A court has mandated the halting of an international sperm bank’s site in Russia after a lady gave birth to a kid with dwarfism.

The unidentified woman – a successful author in her 40s – had selected the father of her child by viewing photos and data and about his genetics on the website. Accordant to reports, she was attracted by his higher education and fair hair, but too by the aspect he was over six foot. After deciding on the donor, she then undertook a successful series of IVF treatment at an unregistered clinic in Moscow.

In the later stages of pregnancy, a Moscow court unearthed that the unborn boy bared achondroplasia. It is an incurable and rare disease that affects one kid in 20,000 and induces dwarfism. The condition was verified after birth and she was informed her son, two years old now, would mature to a maximum adult height of roughly four feet, and that his facial features and limbs would not evolve ‘correctly’.

Koptevsky District Court now has ordered that the site of Danish sperm bank Cryos ought of be blocked in Russia, and ordered that utilizing its services would jeer Russian laws. Health governor Roszdravnadzor has also stated it was not pleased with case details. The regulator said: “However, it is not possible to confirm the reliability of the information received.”

The sperm bank told reporters that all the semen it supplied was of top notch quality, but furthered that it was ‘not responsible for the mistakes of the clinics’ which perform the IVF treatment. The sperm bank noted: “We only know that our biomaterial is of high quality.”

https://socialnewsdaily.com/88447/woman-births-child-with-dwarfism-via-sperm-bank/

Well, that’s worrying....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Sperm Bank Under Fire After Lady Gives Birth To Boy With Dwarfism Empty Re: Sperm Bank Under Fire After Lady Gives Birth To Boy With Dwarfism

Post by Guest Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:45 pm

eddie wrote:
A court has mandated the halting of an international sperm bank’s site in Russia after a lady gave birth to a kid with dwarfism.

The unidentified woman – a successful author in her 40s – had selected the father of her child by viewing photos and data and about his genetics on the website. Accordant to reports, she was attracted by his higher education and fair hair, but too by the aspect he was over six foot. After deciding on the donor, she then undertook a successful series of IVF treatment at an unregistered clinic in Moscow.

In the later stages of pregnancy, a Moscow court unearthed that the unborn boy bared achondroplasia. It is an incurable and rare disease that affects one kid in 20,000 and induces dwarfism. The condition was verified after birth and she was informed her son, two years old now, would mature to a maximum adult height of roughly four feet, and that his facial features and limbs would not evolve ‘correctly’.

Koptevsky District Court now has ordered that the site of Danish sperm bank Cryos ought of be blocked in Russia, and ordered that utilizing its services would jeer Russian laws. Health governor Roszdravnadzor has also stated it was not pleased with case details. The regulator said: “However, it is not possible to confirm the reliability of the information received.”

The sperm bank told reporters that all the semen it supplied was of top notch quality, but furthered that it was ‘not responsible for the mistakes of the clinics’ which perform the IVF treatment. The sperm bank noted: “We only know that our biomaterial is of high quality.”

https://socialnewsdaily.com/88447/woman-births-child-with-dwarfism-via-sperm-bank/

Well, that’s worrying....

Indeed Eddie
Love is for some people based on appearance. It is because so many babies and young children are in care. Is based down to abuse or rejection. What a sad world we live in where children are rejected on apperance. Its no wonder that so many people suffer today with mental health issues. As society is being ruled by how we percieve others. If someone truely wants a child. Then it should never matter how they appear. If you place an expectation on how a child should appear. Then there is no love here on the choice. The choice is more based around how this family wishes others to perceive them.

How sad a reality some people live by

Back to top Go down

Sperm Bank Under Fire After Lady Gives Birth To Boy With Dwarfism Empty Re: Sperm Bank Under Fire After Lady Gives Birth To Boy With Dwarfism

Post by eddie Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Well it does sound as though she wanted a “perfect baby”

I hope she can still love that baby no matter what.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:12 am

Basketball

I reckon it could be economically quite impractical for sperm banks to check the genetic profiles of all their donors for  conceivable regressive gene combination...

It would certainly make their services a lot more expensive, further reducing the pool of potential mothers who have no interest in conceiving naturally..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:39 am

'Wolfie wrote:Basketball

I reckon it could be economically quite impractical for sperm banks to check the genetic profiles of all their donors for  conceivable regressive gene combination...

It would certainly make their services a lot more expensive, further reducing the pool of potential mothers who have no interest in conceiving naturally..

My thought exactly. How does intervention by artificial insemination avoid a result that would happen anyway, and how would it be prevented naturally? Obviously, by expensive, extra tests, that most young couples cannot afford.

The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in the stars, but in how much money you have!

Another good argument for state-funded, high quality healthcare. It blows me away how a nation can fund F-35's as toys for admirals and generals, but the state cannot fund a defense from internal enemies (maladies and sickness). Hell, it's the same mission...to keep the people safe. What's a defense department for?

Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:42 pm

If the poor kid has a genetic defect it does not automatically follow that the sperm bank is at fault. There's such a thing as plain old bad luck.

I recognise that extra funds are needed to look after the children in some instances but it should be sought via a 'no blame' system. People should not have to 1st prove that someone is at fault in order to access urgently needed cash.

It's a veritable minefield - ALL of it.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Jules wrote:If the poor kid has a genetic defect it does not automatically follow that the sperm bank is at fault. There's such a thing as plain old bad luck.

I recognise that extra funds are needed to look after the children in some instances but it should be sought via a 'no blame' system. People should not have to 1st prove that someone is at fault in order to access urgently needed cash.

It's a veritable minefield - ALL of it.

Full healthcare for all would do the trick. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:38 pm

I simply don’t understand her view. Is she saying that she wanted a “perfect baby” - whatever that is - or that she is upset that her child should have been “vetted” for potential “rubbish”

Either love the child or don’t.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:43 pm

Looking closer at the OP, I'm not sure I trust the source that this even happened:

"Danish sperm bank Cryos ought of be blocked in Russia, and ordered that utilizing its services would jeer Russian laws. Health governor Roszdravnadzor has also stated it was not pleased with case details."

Wait, "ought of"? "Jeer Russian laws"? And then a man whose name looks like a mouse ran across a keyboard says that "it" wasn't "pleased with case details"?

Whoever wrote this doesn't have a very good grasp of the English language!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:44 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Looking closer at the OP, I'm not sure I trust the source that this even happened:

"Danish sperm bank Cryos ought of be blocked in Russia, and ordered that utilizing its services would jeer Russian laws. Health governor Roszdravnadzor has also stated it was not pleased with case details."

Wait, "ought of"? "Jeer Russian laws"? And then a man whose name looks like a mouse ran across a keyboard says that "it" wasn't "pleased with case details"?

Take your point. Not all media stories are to be trusted.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:46 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Looking closer at the OP, I'm not sure I trust the source that this even happened:

Take your point. Not all media stories are to be trusted.

Most reliable English-language reporters (and news outlets) make few grammatical mistakes, which makes me think this might have been Google-translated from a Russian outlet. Perhaps it's just a bad translation.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Maybe. Or maybe it’s a crap reporter doing a crap job.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:27 pm

These mistakes are typical of the errors and foibles that are made by the Internet Research Agency of the Russian government.  The Russian language lacks a lot of the structure that English has, so that many a literal translation doesn't work.  I don't speak Russian, but they seem to lack all articles and conjunctions and many verbs, so that you get those rough sentences: 'I go store' or 'Russian man big smile'.

The big problems with Slavs is they lack patience.  Like, they don't spend a lot of time learning details.  It's also the reason they build airplanes with elegant wings, but 1950's avionics.  I think the vernacular phrase is: they tend to fuck up even a wet dream.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:14 pm

So you don’t like Russian reporting then?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:34 pm

eddie wrote:So you don’t like Russian reporting then?

I don't like Russian sources.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down