NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fisherman gets shock as he reels in 'dinosaur-like' fish with huge eyes

3 posters

Go down

Fisherman gets shock as he reels in 'dinosaur-like' fish with huge eyes Empty Fisherman gets shock as he reels in 'dinosaur-like' fish with huge eyes

Post by eddie Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:26 pm

Fisherman gets shock as he reels in 'dinosaur-like' fish with huge eyes 1dd2d010

An angler had a big surprise when he accidentally reeled in a "weird, dinosaur-like" fish.

Oscar Lundahl is believed to have nearly jumped out of his boat when he saw on the end of his line the strange-looking species with large, bulbous eyes.

It turned out the creature was a ratfish, which lives in deep water and is distantly related to sharks.

It is harmless to humans and gets its name from its long, thin tail that some scientists in the past believed resembled a rat's.

The ratfish's large eyes help in the dark as they reflect light like those of cats.

The fishing guide said: "I felt something quite big on the end of it. It took me about 30 minutes to reel it in because it was 800 metres deep.

"There were two halibut on two of the hooks and I was really happy about that and then I saw there was something else.

"It was pretty amazing. I have never seen anything like it before. It just looked weird, a bit dinosaur-like.

"I didn't know what it was but my colleague did."

Unfortunately, the ratfish did not survive out of the water due to a sudden change in pressure.

Mr Lundahl said he took it home to eat.

He added: "Despite its ugly appearance it was really tasty. It is a bit like cod but tastier."

https://news.sky.com/story/fisherman-gets-shock-as-he-reels-in-dinosaur-like-fish-with-huge-eyes-11811035
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Fisherman gets shock as he reels in 'dinosaur-like' fish with huge eyes Empty Re: Fisherman gets shock as he reels in 'dinosaur-like' fish with huge eyes

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:57 am

Why does that seem like a "weird, dinosaur-like" fish? Seems to me a futuristic, alien fish.

It resembles the big-eyed grays who crash-landed in Roswell in 1947.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Fisherman gets shock as he reels in 'dinosaur-like' fish with huge eyes Empty Re: Fisherman gets shock as he reels in 'dinosaur-like' fish with huge eyes

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:31 am

Fisherman gets shock as he reels in 'dinosaur-like' fish with huge eyes 3974176704

"Fishing guide"   !??!

Dimwitted wannabee "guide", more likely..

What sort of "fishing guide" is he when he doesn't even know his fish ?

Maybe l'il ol' ratty has been sucking up some nuclear power station runoff..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:39 pm

...And it doesn’t look edible either. Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down