NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children whose mothers were stressed during pregnancy more likely to have personality disorders, study says

3 posters

Go down

Children whose mothers were stressed during pregnancy more likely to have personality disorders, study says Empty Children whose mothers were stressed during pregnancy more likely to have personality disorders, study says

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:15 pm

Women who experience stress during pregnancy could be more likely to have children with personality disorders, according to new research.

In the first study of its kind, researchers looked at the link between personality disorders and stress in pregnancy and found children were at risk if their mothers experienced any level of stress while pregnant.

Children had more than three times the risk of developing a personality disorder by the age of 30 if their mother experienced stress, compared with children whose mothers had no stress.

Children whose mothers had severe stress were 10 times more likely to have a disorder.

https://news.sky.com/story/stress-in-pregnancy-makes-personality-disorders-more-likely-study-11803275

Well, my mother's mother died while my mother was pregnant with me, so there's my new excuse ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Children whose mothers were stressed during pregnancy more likely to have personality disorders, study says Empty Re: Children whose mothers were stressed during pregnancy more likely to have personality disorders, study says

Post by eddie Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:32 pm

Not sure I agree. Children are like sponges, if you give them all the good stuff when they’re young, like good love, food, lessons, examples, security etc, they’ll turn out just fine.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Children whose mothers were stressed during pregnancy more likely to have personality disorders, study says Empty Re: Children whose mothers were stressed during pregnancy more likely to have personality disorders, study says

Post by eddie Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:32 pm

What I’m saying, to be clear, is that it can be undone if it’s true.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:47 am

Another excuse for the feral twats...."me ma was stressed when she were carrying me yer honour"

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:50 am

It does seem to me that whatever hormonal stew you find yourself in while in the womb is going to have an effect on how you turn out.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:54 am

There is plenty of logic behind this. As we already know of other effects to babies whilst in the womb.

This has been study with the levels of testosterone a baby is exposed to in the womb. Which i would have liked the study to have also factored this in to see also if this had any effects. Clearly there is a basic form of correlation here, which requires further study to understand why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down