NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nother shooting in Texas

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

'Nother shooting in Texas - Page 2 Empty 'Nother shooting in Texas

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ABC News wrote:5 shot dead in Texas after gunman allegedly fired at officer then fled: Police

EMILY SHAPIRO
ABC NewsAugust 31, 2019

Five people have been shot and killed by a gunman who opened fire in a series of shootings near Odessa in western Texas, according to authorities.

The suspect has been shot and killed, the Midland Police Department said.

Police said there were 21 shooting victims.

The shooting began with a traffic stop by a Texas Department of Public Safety officer, authorities said. It was not clear what led to the traffic stop.

The suspect fired at the officer and fled, and then started to shoot at people in multiple locations, police said.

The alleged gunman at one point ditched his car and stole a mail truck, authorities said.

The Department of Public Safety officer's injuries were non-life-threatening, Midland Mayor Jerry Morales told CNN.

A Midland police officer was also shot and underwent surgery, Morales said.

Midland Memorial Hospital has received six patients, three of whom are in critical condition, hospital officials said. The other three patients are in stable condition.

Midland and Odessa are in western Texas, about 20 miles apart.

"The state of Texas and the Department of Public Safety are working closely with local law enforcement to provide resources as needed and deliver justice for this heinous attack," Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said in a statement.

Abbott said, "We will not allow the Lone Star State to be overrun by hatred and violence. We will unite, as Texans always do, to respond to this tragedy.”

He added, "We offer our unwavering support to the victims, their families, and all the people of Midland and Odessa."

Abbott said he'll go to Odessa on Sunday.

President Donald Trump tweeted that he's been briefed by the attorney general.

"FBI and Law Enforcement is fully engaged," he tweeted. "More to follow."

This story is developing. Please check back for more updates.

Another 'good guy', according to the NRA, with rights to have his sacred gun, turns into a 'bad guy'.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'Nother shooting in Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Nother shooting in Texas

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:11 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I'm actually all in favor of arming American women as well, since none of them have shot up a school, a mall, etc.

That's all been done by white men, every single time in recent U.S. history.

It would definitely keep the men in line better.

But there was a shooting at a football game in Alabama last week that didn't fit the narriative, so you may not heard of it.  

Sorry, over here in England, I haven't quite kept up with the torrid pace of American mass shootings. I stand corrected.

Let me amend my statement: With very scattered exceptions, the 90 mass shootings in America since 1999's Columbine massacre have been perpetrated by white men.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:58 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I'm actually all in favor of arming American women as well, since none of them have shot up a school, a mall, etc.

That's all been done by white men, every single time in recent U.S. history.

How do you feel about arming the students?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2