NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier

+2
Ben Reilly
Tommy Monk
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier  - Page 2 Empty More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Death of a glacier...

"...Mourners have gathered in Iceland to commemorate the loss of Okjokull, which has died at the age of about 700. The glacier was officially declared dead in 2014 when it was no longer thick enough to move. What once was glacier has been reduced to a small patch of ice atop a volcano..."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49345912

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier  - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:06 am

The glacier was created by the unusual cold period known as the mini ice age... about 700 years ago this cold period started and about 700 years ago this glacier was created from it...

Before this time... it was warmer... and the glacier didn't exist...

Now... as we have got back to normal temperatures... just like before the mini ice age started around 700 years ago... the glacier has gone again...!

If it was warmer now than ever before... then this glacier would have existed more than 700 years ago...!!!

The fact that it is only about 700 years old proves that it must have been warmer before this time... too warm for this glacier to exist...!

And now that it no longer exists just shows that we have returned to warmer temps that we had over 700 years ago...!

Fact is that it was warmer before this time and that there was lower levels of CO2!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier  - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:10 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The glacier was created by the unusual cold period known as the mini ice age... about 700 years ago this cold period started and about 700 years ago this glacier was created from it...

Before this time... it was warmer... and the glacier didn't exist...

Now... as we have got back to normal temperatures... just like before the mini ice age started around 700 years ago... the glacier has gone again...!

If it was warmer now than ever before... then this glacier would have existed more than 700 years ago...!!!

The fact that it is only about 700 years old proves that it must have been warmer before this time... too warm for this glacier to exist...!

And now that it no longer exists just shows that we have returned to warmer temps that we had over 700 years ago...!

Fact is that it was warmer before this time and that there was lower levels of CO2!!!

But we left the MIA in 1850. It's far warmer now than it was back then.

Your logic doesn't hold up in the face of the facts.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:42 am

No... stop twisting...

The climate change loons admit that there has only been about 0.7 degrees C warming since 1880... (and I think 1850 to 1880 was a bit warmer than 1880 to 1900 which is why they always start their argument from 1880 instead of 1850)...

But anyway... they are very quick to claim that most of this 0.7 C warming has happened over the last 40 years... so it is no surprise that the glacier has only very recently ceased to exist... also you must remember that this huge chink of ice will take a considerable amount of time to actually melt too...!

And.. . It is also worth pointing out that there is still a huge amount of ice left there on top of this peak!!!

Fact remains... the glacier was only about 700 years old which conclusively proves that it must have been too warm for it to have existed BEFORE this 700 year period!!!

lol!

Don't get angry at me for pointing out inconvenient truths...!!!

Get angry at the people who are lying to you about this myth of climate change... and get angry at yourself for being such a gullible twat in believing all the bullshit!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:16 am

Tommy Monk wrote:No... stop twisting...

The climate change loons admit that there has only been about 0.7 degrees C warming since 1880... (and I think 1850 to 1880 was a bit warmer than 1880 to 1900 which is why they always start their argument from 1880 instead of 1850)...

But anyway... they are very quick to claim that most of this 0.7 C warming has happened over the last 40 years... so it is no surprise that the glacier has only very recently ceased to exist... also you must remember that this huge chink of ice will take a considerable amount of time to actually melt too...!

And.. . It is also worth pointing out that there is still a huge amount of ice left there on top of this peak!!!

Fact remains... the glacier was only about 700 years old which conclusively proves that it must have been too warm for it to have existed BEFORE this 700 year period!!!

lol!

Get angry at the people who are lying to you about this myth of climate change... and get angry at yourself for being such a gullible twat in believing all the bullshit!!!

The only anger I feel is toward people like yourself, but different from you in that they actually have some power to make things happen, who disregard the mountains of evidence along with their own common sense, and all so that instead of moving to clean energy sources, we continue to burn up our finite and air-polluting fossil fuels.

I'd like you to explain to me how the vast majority of climate scientists, from all corners of the globe, working for all different entities, and at it for well over 50 years now, have come to the same conclusion if it's all bullshit.

Is some secret, powerful entity forcing them to lie? And if so, what is this entity, how does it force them to lie, and what is its agenda?

Why do people who've lived in North Texas tell me that they stopped needing to own snow chains at some point in the 1980s if the climate hasn't changed?

How are plant and animal species that used to only live in warmer southern zones now able to thrive at points far farther north than they could decades ago if the planet isn't warming?

Tommy, you've done a job on yourself. You have shut yourself off not only from the findings of unrelated scientists from around the world, but from what your own common sense could tell you, if you'd only listen.

I have no idea why you do this to yourself. I've spent well over a decade looking into climate change as a sort of armchair enthusiast, and I have always looked for convincing evidence that it isn't happening. I still haven't found it.

You, on the other hand, have done one-sided, biased research, looking only for documentation that makes you right.

I'd love to wake up tomorrow and find something that convinces me that all these scientists all over the world have been wrong for 50 years -- not to mention, I'd love to be shown that the things I've seen with my own eyes were deceiving. I don't want the world to suffer, after all.

I don't think you have looked at global warming objectively at all, and I can't for the life of me think of a good reason you'd have done that.

Maybe you're just afraid, deep down, and you can't face the possibility. That still wouldn't be a good reason.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:52 am

Tommy Monk wrote:No... stop twisting...

lol!

More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier  - Page 2 3489511464

Where are these "inconvenient truths" you speak of here,  dipshit  ???

The above claims are 100% total bullshit on your part, Tommykins..

Total lies with no "truths", and zero evidence to back up your idiotic nonsense.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Yeah global warming means it's now warmer than ever before because this glacier melting proves it...

Yeah it wasn't warmer 700 years ago before this glacier existed...

You cant have it both ways!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:22 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Yeah global warming means it's now warmer than ever before because this glacier melting proves it...

Yeah it wasn't warmer 700 years ago before this glacier existed...

You cant have it both ways!!!

You are talking about weather, tommy. Climate--as in 'climate change'--is a different discipline altogether.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:38 pm

I don't know what is worst.
Explaining until we burst
That climate change actually real
But to halfwit Tom it's no big deal
And to hear him moan, we've a been cursed.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Arrow

Brazil is burning...

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/amazon-fire-brazil-bolsonaro-president-deforestation-874830/

But that's okay..

In Tommy's/smelly's/DYK's fucked up universe, this is only the world returning to it's long term "normal"..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/08/21/amazonian-rainforest-is-ablaze-turning-day-into-night-brazils-capital-city/

Fucking idiots.    At least Tommy and smelly' now have yet another right wing fuckup to bend over and genuflect to..

Donnie Dumpster, Vlad the Impaler, Kim Jong Un, and now el presidente Bolsaro  --  Tommy's fellow travellers on the path to destruction.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/22/americas/amazon-fires-humans-intl-hnk-trnd/index.html
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:50 pm

I wonder why so many plant species in Brazil forests have evolved over millions of years to have amazing fire resistant capabilities today...

https://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/665973?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:54 pm

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-06/fda-sip061819.php

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:02 am

More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier  - Page 2 3408175593

Idiot...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:16 am

Don't know if anyone has noticed but the Amazon rain Forest is on fire , 75 thousand fires are burning because of "slash and burn" Farmers, and uncontrolled Logging ! Smoke is covering millions of acres , fuck all is being done about it .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:25 am

Fleakeeper... it's you who is the idiot... you always pop up with insults but never any credible points or arguments...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:48 am

More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier  - Page 2 3489511464
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:25 pm

There you go again... just proving my point that you never have any credible points or arguments to make...!

Fact remains... this glacier was only about 700 years old... so it must have been just as warm or warmer over 700 years ago than it is now!!!

Otherwise this glacier would have existed long before 700 years ago!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:31 pm

nicko wrote:Don't know if anyone has noticed but the Amazon rain Forest is on fire , 75 thousand fires are burning because of "slash and burn" Farmers, and uncontrolled Logging !  Smoke is covering millions of acres , fuck all is being done about it .

Its an utter disgrace mate. Some countries have threatened to cut their trade deals, but its not enough really

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Fact remains... this glacier was only about 700 years old... so it must have been just as warm or warmer over 700 years ago than it is now!!!

Otherwise this glacier would have existed long before 700 years ago!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:47 pm

How old are the glaciers?

November 14, 2017

More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier  - Page 2 Ae6076_fca9952bc24d4eacafb15dbe6b36340c~mv2_d_4048_3036_s_4_2
The ice-age we live in started about three million years ago. Yes, you read right by definition we are living in an ice-age. During this time there have been about 25 glacier periods and just as many inter glacier periods like the one we are living now. During the Glacier periods the ice covers all the land on the Northern hemisphere with about two kilometers thick ice. The last glacier period finished about 12-14 thousand years ago and in Iceland and most thaw glaciers areas like the alps there were no glaciers about 9000 years ago. They had all retreated and disappeared. Glaciers only started forming again about seven thousand years ago but didn't really start growing until 2500 years ago. 

The largest glacier in Iceland Vatnajökull is about 8000 km2. The ice you see on the picture comes from that glacier and is the snow that fell on the glacier 1000 years ago. The picture is taken at the Diamond beach by the glacier lagoon Jökulsárlón  

https://www.seasontours.is/single-post/2017/11/14/How-old-are-the-glaciers

I rest my case again and why Tommy is so poor at researching

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:53 pm

Now do you admit how badly you fucked up Tommy?

The tip of the glacier you see in the picture formed a thousand years ago. That is just the part in the picture and showing again these formed 7,000 years ago. This shows your ignorance on the glaciers in iceland and how the "Or" glacier was only first mentioned in icelanic sagas. When first written down in the 1200's. How could have snow have fallen and formed on the glacier in the picture a 1000 years ago during the middle of the Medieval warm period?

Showing you have not got a fucking clue what you are talking about. As how did  this Glacier in the picture clearly expand during the Medieval warm period. If as you believe it was warmer in the past?

You simple mistook a statement in the BBC, that never went off the age of the glacier, but only when it was name in history

Now will you have any deceny to admit you were completely and utterly wrong

Que the pathetic excuses from Tommy, who has no idea what the fuck he is talking about

More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier  - Page 2 1280px-2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:27 pm

You mean Tommy can actually read?
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Stop conflating, Dodge...!

The glacier in the OP still has loads of ice and snow on the top of it...!

As it may well have done at many periods of time over 700 years ago...!

It is most likely that there have been other periods of history over 700 years ago, where it was cold enough for this location to have also been classed as a glacier too!

But given that this particular glacier event has only been there for about 700 years... shows that it must have been too warm for this glacier to have existed for some time before this 700 year period...!!!

You cannot show the demise of this particular glacier as well as trying to claim that it is proof that it is warmer now than ever before... if the glacier in question has only existed for 700 years, and therefore it must have been too warm for this glacier to have existed before this 700 year date...!!!

All that is proved is that over 700 years ago it was as warm or warmer than it is now...!!!

What is so wrong with you that you cannot see this simple logical conclusion...!!!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:35 pm

OMG and there you have it. I just posted evidence that in another glacier, the peack of this formed a 1000 years ago, during the Medieval warm period. Let alone how he fails to understand how glaciers form. Let alone he fails to even understand how old they actually are. How they expand and retract through history. Let alone the evidence is that today, is much warmer. This is self evident but he is blind to the geographical evidence and he still is desperatly going off a BBC article. Which is not going poff the actual age of the glacier, but when it was first documented with a name.

I mean if it was warmer as he claims a thousand years ago, how did the snow fall and compact on this glacier in the pciture? It would be impossible based on his claims and yet it did. Showing again he is selctive off one sample taken in Greenland. Neglecting further ice cores takence since

This proves Tommy is incapable of admitting when wrong.

Case closed

If he wants to rant on and make an arse of himself. I suggest people let him.

He got weighed, measured and left found wanting here

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:22 am

No you didn't show any evidence of what you now claim.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:30 am

More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier  - Page 2 3408175593

More lies from the climate change loons - death of a glacier  - Page 2 1681210668

sunny
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:43 am

If didge could actually read properly and understand what he tries to read... he would not be misrepresenting what is written in his cut and paste post above...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:58 pm

Where is the balanced reporting on temperatures...?

https://electroverse.net/following-last-weeks-heat-europe-is-now-experiencing-well-below-average-temperatures/

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/07/30/hidden-noaa-temperature-data-reveals-that-6-of-the-last-9-months-were-below-normal-in-the-usa-and-noaa-cant-even-get-june-right/
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:01 pm

CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE
Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.

Overall, we rate Watts Up with That a strong pseudoscience and conspiracy website based on the promotion of consistent climate denialism propaganda.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/watts-up-with-that/

Willard Anthony Watts (Anthony Watts) is a blogger, weathercaster and non-scientist, paid AGW denier who runs the website wattsupwiththat.com. He does not have a university qualification and has no climate credentials other than being a radio weather announcer. His website is parodied and debunked at the website wottsupwiththat.com Watts is on the payroll of the Heartland Institute, which itself is funded by polluting industries

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Anthony_Watts

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:05 pm

https://electroverse.net/following-last-weeks-heat-europe-is-now-experiencing-well-below-average-temperatures/

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:13 pm

Climate Change Is Warming Europe Faster Than Expected

https://scitechdaily.com/climate-change-is-warming-europe-faster-than-expected/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:15 pm

Europe to see third major heat wave this summer, as temperatures soar from France to Scandinavia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/08/22/europe-see-third-major-heat-wave-this-year-temperatures-soar-france-scandinavia/

Tommy's link went off one cold front over a week on parts of Europe

Once again selective information presented, ignoring all the other data

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2