NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driver who refused to take his passengers in 'pro gay' bus suspended from job

+10
nicko
Maddog
Andy
gelico
Victorismyhero
Eilzel
'Wolfie
Syl
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Driver who refused to take his passengers in 'pro gay' bus suspended from job Empty Driver who refused to take his passengers in 'pro gay' bus suspended from job

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:16 pm

A bus driver has been suspended for refusing to carry passengers on a vehicle adorned with Pride decorations because it "promotes homosexuality".

The man, who works for Norfolk-based company Konectbus, was said to be unhappy about the bus's number being multicoloured in a nod to the LGBT rainbow flag.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjgz4qF7YLkAhUEfBoKHXq6A1kQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2F2019%2F08%2F13%2Fbus-driver-suspended-refusing-use-vehicle-multicoloured-pride%2F&psig=AOvVaw2hqgYnNDPu8UojPLH2vEqZ&ust=1565888947564772

This man should not be persecuted for refusing to be forced to promote any political or politically correct agenda!!!

Good on him!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Driver who refused to take his passengers in 'pro gay' bus suspended from job Empty Re: Driver who refused to take his passengers in 'pro gay' bus suspended from job

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:22 pm

If he doesn't like his job, perhaps he would be better suited elsewhere.

Do garbage collectors interact with gays?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Driver who refused to take his passengers in 'pro gay' bus suspended from job Empty Re: Driver who refused to take his passengers in 'pro gay' bus suspended from job

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:29 pm

And while we're at it, maybe some cops might not want to pull over gays.

Perhaps an exception for them in the law??

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:15 pm

The bus driver is an idiot.
Would he refuse to drive a bus that was advertising a film he didn't like, or a company he didn't approve of?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:00 am

He is not objecting to driving a bus that has regular advertising posters on it...

And it is the job of a bus company to provide a service of transportation... not for them to be promoting homosexuality...!

Homosexuality is something that has been decriminalised... not something that should be actively promoted!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:22 am

Before he retired my OH owned a couple of black cabs, he chose what was advertised on them not the drivers he employed.

Same thing with the busdriver.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:27 am

This was nothing to do with the advertising space on the bus.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:34 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
This was nothing to do with the advertising space on the bus.

What was he actually complaining about. then?
If it was simply the number of the bus being multi coloured he is petty as well as stupid.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:47 am

This was about the overt promotion of homosexuality...

The bus company should not be involved in any such thing...!

Their job is the provision of a bus service... and his job is to drive a bus...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:57 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

This was about the overt promotion of homosexuality...

The bus company should not be involved in any such thing...!

Their job is the provision of a bus service... and his job is to drive a bus...

The bus company can promote what it wants to as long as it's legal.
I thinknthe number looks nice in rainbow colours anyway. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:25 am

I am heartily in agreement with Syl.

Tell the guy 'too bad' tommy. It's none of his fuukin' business what's painted on the side of the bus. His job is to drive. If he doesn't like his job, as I said...there are other jobs.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:00 am

Driver who refused to take his passengers in 'pro gay' bus suspended from job 2347854014

Tommy wants a fascist state...

Where only Tommy and his fellow anti-democracy/anti-'free speech'/anti-science travellers alone will get to set standards and rules, and impose their "morals"..

And everyone else will obey, under threat of being deported back to wherever their distant ancestors migrated from (even if that was 2 or 3 thousand years ago..).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:36 am

Idiot bus driver. The bus company can put what it likes on the side of its vehicles as long as it is legal. If employees wan't to kick up a fuss then work somewhere else.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:56 am

I repeat... this was not a legitimate advert on the designated advertising space.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:36 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

I repeat... this was not a legitimate advert on the designated advertising space.

They simple changed the colouring of the number of the bus to a rainbow colours.

The horror eh?

A company has every right to express its position in support of people

If the driver does not like this, he can take a running jump

He refused to carry out his duties.

Sackable offense

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:34 am

1 It wasnt an advert per se
2 there is no "designated" advertuising space, a company can decorate its bus in any way it wishes so long as it doesnt obscure the drivers vision...
3 it can decorate its busses in any way it likes as long as it doesnt "outrage public decency" (the same standard as any advert or public (or even private ) display)

4 the drivers job is to drive that bus and move passengers from a to b, he has no say in the decoration of the bus, nor has he any right to that.
5 if for any reason he cant do that then out the door he goes
6 If I was the operating foreman he would be sacked at an appropriate hearing, IF, as I was for 10 years, his union representative, I would be unable to defend him on this charge.*********

******* not this particular person....I was for 10years a union rep and union health and safety officer in the NUR, who represented many drivers in the old "national bus" state owned company.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Who decides what's a legitimate advert? You are talking nonsense, as per usual. His job is to drive a boss, not make decisions about its decoration or use of ad space Rolling Eyes

Well said Vic.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:54 am

Original Quill wrote:I am heartily in agreement with Syl.

Tell the guy 'too bad' tommy.  It's none of his fuukin' business what's painted on the side of the bus.  His job is to drive.  If he doesn't like his job, as I said...there are other jobs.

Thank you Quill...you see we do sometimes agree with each other. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:57 pm

cheers

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:31 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

so what? whether it was or not is no business of the driver

it's not like the bus was depicting gay orgies on the side of the bus

all i saw was rainbow coloured bus number which i actually thought looked nice. anyone having a problem with that has to be some kind of fool

FFS!

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:33 pm

You said it.

Tommy IS some kind of fool.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:38 pm

His job is to drive the bus... the bus company's job is to provide the bus and the service... not promote homosexuality...!

Nobody should be forced to promote any political or political correct agenda in this way.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:38 pm

I support this guy's right to make a personal decision to not engage in activities that he doesn't support.

And the companies right to fire his ass too. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

His job is to drive the bus... the bus company's job is to provide the bus and the service... not promote homosexuality...!

The transit board can do what they want within their scope of running the company, tommy. It's the transit board's prerogative how paint or decorate their vehicles. It's part of providing the bus.

Tommy wrote:Nobody should be forced to promote any political or political correct agenda in this way.

The transit board is not being forced to do anything. Presumably, they made the decision voluntarily.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:54 pm

i find it quite amusing especially for the bible thumpers

god sent a flood and killed everyone cos he didn't like them sinning

then he sent a rainbow cos he felt sorry and said here is a sign that i wont do it again

now the gay (sinning) community have pretty much said

''yeah, God, thanks for the rainbow, we are now wearing it and guess what? we're still 'sinning' while wearing your 'promise' to us and it's great
so up yours and a packet of fruit gums''

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:31 pm

I like the way you explained that !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:59 pm

gelico wrote:

then he sent a rainbow cos he felt sorry and said here is a sign that i wont do it again

''yeah, God, thanks for the rainbow, we are now wearing it and guess what? we're still 'sinning' while wearing your 'promise' to us and it's great

Hahaha....I just thought they used the rainbow sign because the colours are pretty.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:21 am

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

Hahaha....I just thought they used the rainbow sign because the colours are pretty.

Lol, I imagine both these were considered tbh. Though pretty sure diversity of sexuality is the key reason Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:35 am

We don't have a 'transit board's here quill...

And a regular employee should not be imposed upon by any company, that should be impartial, to actively promote any political agenda...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:16 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

And a regular employee should not be imposed upon by any company, that should be impartial, to actively promote any political agenda...!

It's not even a political agenda. It's a rainbow to promote acceptance and inclusivity. Only you and a small few others hate the idea of accepting those you don't like/understand.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:51 am

Basketball

Sounds like Tommy's never been an employer, nor a union rep' or delegate...

If he had any experience in the field, he would know what rights workers do or don't have..

And refusing to do your job merely because it supposedly clashes with your own personal political, religious or "moral" proclivities really doesn't cut it.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:18 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Sombody runs the company.  Call it what you want.

Tommy Monk wrote:And a regular employee should not be imposed upon by any company, that should be impartial, to actively promote any political agenda...!

Toms, you sound like a pussy socialist.  An "employee should not be imposed upon by any company"?  Aw, po' baby...was he imposed upon?  Tell 'em to STFU and get his ass outta the yard.  He's fired!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:22 am

Les... you can call it what you want, but bottom line is that it was promoting homosexuality and was a political agenda...

And quill... I'm sure you would live it if you turned up for work and your boss gave you a t shirt to wear that said "vote Trump"...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:23 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Les... you can call it what you want, but bottom line is that it was promoting homosexuality and was a political agenda...

And quill... I'm sure you would live it if you turned up for work and your boss gave you a t shirt to wear that said "vote Trump"...!?

False equivalence.

Can you see why Tommy?

The bus simple had the numbers of the bus be rainbow colours

The bus driver was not being forced to wear rainbow colours

Two completely different things

He would have every right to refuse to wear something in regards to a change in uniform, but has no right to refuse to drive a bus, he does not own. Nor decide how that bus is painted, decorated etc.

He will rightfully get the sack

If you think there is something wrong with promoting inclusion. Then clearly you must back the view to promote exclusion. At complete odds with our secular society, its laws on discrimination and prejudice. So its not a political message, but in line with secular laws on inclusion.

So on all counts you are wrong. As there is nothing political within the message, when homosexuality is accepted in law. No view in law is being promoted to be change by rainbow colours. So its not a political message at all. Its simple the bus company supporting gay pride, which is not even a political event.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:31 am

Driver who refused to take his passengers in 'pro gay' bus suspended from job TELEMMGLPICT000206352288_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq31y39YBh28ItU6ixAAxZoFiohWK7zww7KTvxVP4rJL0

This is what Tommy is up in arms over.

The colours of the rainbow for the bus number

That is it and talk about how sad it is people would be up in arms over this

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:49 am

Exaggeration waffle...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:58 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Exaggeration waffle...

Oh do grow up you pathetic homophobe

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:29 am

cyclops

It's not like that driver even has to look at the rainbow colours either --  he's inside driving, while the destination sign is outside, when he's supposed to keep his mind focussed on his driving ...

Is the poor fragile little bigotted flower going to wilt every time he sees any multicoloured items out there in the big bad world..

After all, the gay community doesn't have a monopoly on rainbow colours.

Imagine how both that driver and Tommy will be having apoplexy next time they see a natural rainbow in the sky --  poor widdle melting snowflakes they be..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:04 am

It is not the job of a bus company to be promoting homosexuality or any other politically motivated agenda... and it is wrong for them to force their staff to be any part of this promotion...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:08 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Wrong.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

It is not the job of a bus company to be promoting homosexuality or any other politically motivated agenda... and it is wrong for them to force their staff to be any part of this promotion...!

WTF do you care? Obviously you are not being brainwashed into homosexuality, so you have no personal standing to complain. It's not your prerogative to comment on what's the bus company's job. Butt out...it's none of your business.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:54 pm

If an unsuspecting person boards this multi coloured numbered bus will he automatically start fluttering his eyelashes at the nearest male and start playing Liza Minnelli records
Is that what Tommy is scared of?? What a Face
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Wrong.

No... I am correct in what I say.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:16 pm

Tommy...guess what...you have become a ........snowflake....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:24 pm

I am making a simple point... a statement of fact... this bus company should not be promoting homosexuality... and should not be persecuting any driver for refusing to participate in this forced promotion.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I am making a simple point... a statement of fact... this bus company should not be promoting homosexuality... and should not be persecuting any driver for refusing to participate in this forced promotion.

Bloody hell, the driver isn't being asked to convert, all he has to do is sit behind the wheel and drive the bloody bus, same as he has always done. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Tommy, you don't use the 'should' word when stating a fact. That's a judgment.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:40 pm

Any passenger who rides on the 501 park and ride service to Thickthorn will end up gay

FACT!!

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:15 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

He is not objecting to driving a bus that has regular advertising posters on it...

And it is the job of a bus company to provide a service of transportation... not for them to be promoting homosexuality...!

Homosexuality is something that has been decriminalised... not something that should be actively promoted!

According to YOU. According to many other people who (ironically, perhaps) don't have anything wedged up their ass on this issue, homosexuality is natural, and honoring all the suffering that came in the service of getting it "decriminalized" is a good thing.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:38 pm

Public transport is not a vehicle for the promotion of any political or politically correct agenda that may be favoured by some of the decision makers in management...!

And employees are not there to be forced to participate in the promotion of such whims of those in positions of management...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next